90's Bracket; Round 1, Match 9- 9) Terminator 2: Judgment Day vs. 24) Men in Black

Which is the better movie?

• T2: Judgment Day

• Men in Black

Results are only viewable after voting.

Papa Shango

Frontman of the WZ Band!!
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1990's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 9

Terminator 2: Judgment Day
terminator2.jpg

vs.

Men in Black

039_26265~Tommy-Lee-Jones-Will-Smith-in-Men-in-Black-Posters.jpg

Bad ass from the Future vs Bad ass fighting aliends from another world. T2:JD gets my vote here. The ultimate Kick Ass movie. It is one of the movies that surpassed its original in my opinion. They made Arnold Schwarzenegger's character almost human like in this movie. It gave you a protagonist who was able to fight against the antagonist in a believable manner. Even Edward Furlong's acting was excellent for a young kid in a big movie. Just a great Blockbuster.

I'll begrudgingly say JD here. Men in Black is a great movie all around. It has the perfect straight man/comedy act. Will Smith shines as the talkative bad ass rookie, and the plot is good all around. Overall, its an excellent movie and something you can always throw on and be entertained.

But then you have JD. This, like TM said, is one of the maybe 3 sequels better than the original. It made Arnold the good guy this tiem, and gave us some great lines like Hasta La Vista Baby. It totally expanded the story and moved it forward greatly. Have to go with it, but if MIB wins, I'm happy also.

Yay! T2! Seriously, I think I'll save nearly all of my defense for this movie for a later round. And you know it's going to be a long and probably hair-pulling post on my part lol. T2 is by no means the best film ever, but I think its absolutely fantastic. There aren't going to be more than a few movies that might make me vote T2 out of this tournament and only two that DEFINITELY will make me vote for them over T2 - but I won't say which two yet.

Men in Black was ok, but I could never enjoy it even remotely as much as I've enjoyed T2 over the years. Men in Black is more lighthearted, sure, but that's not necessarily a good thing. T2 has its comedic moments, some of which have become staples of pop culture, but its seriousness is what drives this movie so far in front of MIB that you can no longer see it in the rear-view mirror.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Terminator 2 is the shit! One of my favorite movies ever. Lots of great moments, lots of action pack this movie. Men In Black is fun action film as well, and Will Smith is great in it. But T2 is up there with best Sci-Fi films of all time. It has one of the most iconic film characters ever, a long with an incredibly awesome villain. MiB is great, and I loved it as a kid, but T2 takes the cake here as the superior movie.

"Terminator 2", in my opinion, is the greatest action movie of all time. The suspense, action and acting can not be matched by any other action flick I've personally ever seen. It is truly an epic film, and deserves to go far in this tournament. representing the action genre.

"Men in Black"... I liked when I was a kid, but haven't watched in years, which I guess says something about it. I can't stand Tommy Lee Jones for one, and for two, I'm just not into 'Alien' type crap. Will Smith, I remember him having some good comican moments in the film, but that's literally the only thing positive I can think about it.

"Terminator 2" gets my vote by far.

Terminator 2 falls into the rare field of Sequels that are better then the Originals. Very few movies are in this, Aliens, Dark Knight, Godfather II, Empire, and Terminator 2 rightfully is in that spot (even though I tend to believe the first film is better, but i'm in the vast majority).

Now, is Terminator 2 better then Men in Black. Yes. Men In Black was a great movie at the time, and remember that it pretty much came out of nowhere that year. It was expected to be a hit, but not a blockbuster smash, that was supposed to be the Lost World. MIB gave to the alien genre what Ghostbusters gave to the horror genre, a great action comedy.

However, bullets are being saved for Terminator 2 and later rounds. It's simply a phenomenal movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back