Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1990's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 14

Braveheart
braveheart.jpg

Vs.

The Truman Show
truman_show_ver2.jpg

For the life of me I don't get the big deal about Braveheart. I've seen it about 3 times now and its more boring every single time. Yes its a true story and the battle scenes are good, but I just don't get the main thing that peopel say makes it a classic. Overrated to me.

On the other hand, Truman Show blew my mind. The scariest thing to me was that this coudl happen someday. With society's obsession with celebrities, what would stop someone from creating their own celebrity, in the name of art? Its an amazing look at hiuman life, and is just great.

I agree with overhype of Braveheart. The war scenes are extremely good, yeah, but it just doesn't have what it takes to bring it that classic level people put it at.

Truman Show, however, is a great film and most likely Jim Carrey's best performance. It's a very interesting film and you root for Jim Carrey the whole way. I STILL want to know what happened to him when he walked through the door.

Truman Show gets my vote, easily.

Woah, look at the Braveheart pile on going on in here, well that's going to come to a stop. Boy oh boy, has there been very few movies that I have been disappointed with as much as the Truman Show. To prefix this, I despise reality TV, and this movie was the catalyst in which that genre took off. Jim Carrey was good in it, but far from great. I just felt this movie drug on, and I lost interest.

Braveheart on the other hand is a great flick. It's full of good drama and great action scenes. Sure, they fudged the History of William Wallace, the womanizing drunk, to William Wallace, patriot of Scotland, but whose counting? It's a beautifully shot movie, with excellent cinematography, and a compelling story. Plus, the Word Freedom trumps anything that Truman could produce.

Well I liked both movies, but I loved Braveheart. I wouldn't call it "True" by any stretch of an imagination. That would be like calling 300 true. But it is based on some history. Braveheart. It is an amazing film, with great battle scenes. But I prefered the inbetween battle scenes the most. A movie filled with Mel Gibson's fantasies. Blood, Guts, Protestants getting hacked up, and Mel being put on a cross like Jesus. Anyways, Braveheart wins out over Truman show which is a great movie, a great concept, and sometimes I wonder...If...Im...On Tv. Just tell me guys, am I? Ill still pretend to not know whats going on.

Braveheart is overlong, historically innacurate, and chock a block with shit acting. Well not shit acting, just very, very average. The Truman Show showed what Carrey could do when he wasn't gurning like a goon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back