Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 2000's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 13

Memento
memento2.jpg

Vs.

Sideways
sideways.jpg

I just don't get the big deal with a movie about wine. It was ok and it passed the time well, but overall it just didn't do it for me. That's all it did: Pass the time. It didn't really catch my attention. It was good, not great though. I'd watch it again I guess.

Memento is just a cool concept for a movie. A man can't make short memories so he writes down everything. I love the concept and the cast, even Carrie Anna Moss who I usually can't stand are all exceptional and make you think you're watching something real. that being said, this is Memento for me in a decisive victory.

A great match-up. Memento is a movie I only watched for the first time a couple months ago. I truly love it. It's a great movie that keeps you guessing every step of the way. Sideways is a great comedy, and very sophisticated. That being said, Memento is the superior film in most ways. I wouldn't be mad if someone chose Sideways, but I think Memento is the better film.

CRAP. I haven't seen Sideways.

Memento is unfortunately not worthy to win the tournament, but it should definitely be given proper consideration. If you eliminate the editing, it loses all of its charm. But with the editing, the film is amazing. Most people have to watch it two or three times to really get the bulk of it because it messes with their heads so much that they really do fall victim to the whole point of the story.

Momento was a really crafty movie and like it's been said the editing makes the film. Guy Pearce was excellent in the film and oscar worthy. The script and story was really hard to follow but once you can understand it, you appriciate it.

Sideways on the other hand unlike many critics I found dull, boring, and lacking a great script. I think the acting was great and that Paul, Thomas, Sandra, and Virigna were all great but they are not enough to help the movie. I found the dramatic parts to be lacking and the comedic spots to be dull.

Momento ftw!

I love both movies, but I have to go with Memento on this one. Sideways is a very funny, smart film with very well fleshed out characters. But Memento has everything, a novel and original concept, a great screenplay, film editing, and Guy Pearce just commands the screen. The direction by Christopher Nolan is superb, and anyone who saw this movie BEFORE the success of the Batman relaunch already knew that he was destined for greatness. And once again, it's one of those movies where the ending just blows you away.

Memento gets my pick here. Really it was a good concept to write a movie around. It was creative, well written, well directed, and pulled you in more than other movies of the type. Sideways loses out here on the fact that All they did was make a movie around almost common life of adults and try and sell it. You could say the acting was good, I think most would actually, but they did not need to ack against the norm. Chris Nolan's directing here also helps Memento win out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back