Frontman of the WZ Band!!
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 2000's Bracket;
Round 2, Match 5

Shrek
shrek.jpg

vs.

Memento

memento.jpg

Apologies if you left the poll off for some reason.

Anyway, the most important factor when comparing these films is that Memento is just funnier. Shrek just isn't as funny as a film that supposed to be serious. Ok so the jokes are thin on the ground in Memento, but it is a serious film after all. But when they're made they're better than anything in Shrek.

Why has nobody every made a spoof using the premise of Memento?

There's a youtube spoof ad that blends Memento and Mentos (the freshmaker) mints. It's pretty funny. Much funnier than Shrek is to me now. I get why it was universally loved when it came out, I was in Grade 8 at the time so I loved it just as much. But watching it now just doesn't amuse me. Fairly standard story, crude humour, and the non-crude jokes just don't have longlasting appeal like those found in a truly great comedy.

Memento was well acted, well written, innovative, and will be getting my vote.

Yeah, Shrek has gotten as far as it needs to go. It was a pretty funny movie for a kids movie, had quite a few jokes only the parents would understand, but overall, it is not a grand movie, even for an animation. Memento wins on that premise alone. Also not the best movie out there, but superior to Shrek.

I enjoyed Memento. The way it got to the story was irritating at first, but as the movie went on, it just became cleverer and cleverer. Ok, it pretty much doubled the length of the film with overlaps, but it worked.

The storyline itself was good and the twist at the end worked so nicely.

Shrek - well, it's funny, it's watchable and had enough adult humour to keep the adults laughing along. But it wasn't a clever story and that's what takes it for Memento for me. I'm a sucker for clever twists

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back