• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zoe Saldana to Play Gamora In 'Gaurdians of the Galaxy'

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Star Trek’s Zoe Saldana to Play Gamora in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’
Posted on 04/03/13
by Paul Montgomery

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Zoe Saldana is in talks to play Gamora, the most dangerous woman in the universe in James Gunn’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy film. Saldana is no stranger to zero gravity having starred as Uhura in J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek film series. This also wouldn’t be her first turn as an alien, though Gamora’s not nearly so far removed from humanity as the catlike warrior she played in James Cameron’s Avatar. If anything, though, Gamora’s combat prowess and thirst for vengeance might be closer to Saldana’s lead role in Colombiana.

Everwood and Zero Dark Thirty alum Chris Pratt and former wrestler Dave Bautista round out the existing cast of James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy. That’s one StarLord and a Destroyer down. With Gamora, that just leaves an anthropomorphic tree with an especially limited vocabulary and a wise-cracking raccoon.

I think Zoe Saldana has pretty much cemented her place as queen of the nerds, at least when it comes to movies. This choice works for me, though I'm still curious as to who they get to play Rocket Raccoon.

She would have been a perfect Storm if Fox had the balls to walk away from Halle Barelyawake.

I don't know what the fuck Guardians of the Galaxy is but it must not be a hot Marvel property is Chris Pratt is playing the lead. Best of luck to them, though, as I like James Gunn.

I'm really surprised GOTG is coming to the big screen, but I'll definitely be there opening night nonetheless. Zoe Saldana is smokin' hot!

Is Thanos going to the villain?

Awesome, I don't know if this will be Marvel's most popular movie but I have faith it won't be a let down seeing as it's the setup to the Avengers 2 storyline.

Doubtful, seeing as he's the next villain for The Avengers.

Pretty sure they're using this movie to test the waters with him and set him up as the Ultimate baddie for the sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back