• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ziggler Vs Riley

The Future Rises

Thinking Of A New Name..
So we just saw on Raw Ziggler daring anyone to "follow that". And Alex Riley interrupted him to tell him that he' hiding behind Vickie like Miz was hiding behind A-RI. So it looks the like the two will be feuding for the U.S title now.

Me personally I'm not sure if I want to see this. I heard they had some live event matches and they had no chemistry with each other. But I'll tune in to see what happens anyway cause I can't miss a Ziggler match sometimes his matches even steal the damn show for me.

So What Do You Think Of An A-RI/Ziggler Feud? Would You Like To See It? And Would You Like To See A-RI Win The United States Title?

Well you beat me to it, I was just about to make a thread on it anyway.

I think it'll be a great feud with the result hopefully Dolph getting rid of Vickie. Both men are good on the mic and in the ring. Both men are both young and exciting so I can see a great feud between the two.

I think the outcome will be Riley coming on top and becoming US Champ with Ziggler hopefully going into the World Title picture. I thought Bourne was going to feud with Ziggler but I think Riley will be a better opponent for Ziggler anyway. So yeah I'm really looking forward to next week already to see what happens with the two and this week's episode hasn't even finished yet.

Very excited for this feud. Although was there a concrete ending to the Miz-Riley feud? Either way, I don't care I'm just pumped to see two go at it hopefully beyond summer slam.

I honestly expected Drew McIntyre to come back and feud with Dolph considering Ziggler abandoned him to get injured by the Big Show. Nontheless, I think this would be good for Riley and Ziggler, since it looks like this is the angle that gets Vickie and Dolph away from each other. I would have prefered McIntyre, but Riley is a good choice too

I think both have decent in-ring ability, but that promo they cut on RAW was so dissappointing! It really lacked spark and charisma. You can actually feel the crowd waiting for something big to be said or done and then by the end of the segment, you could hear a pin drop and the crowd were left confused/baffled as to what the meaning of the whole thing was.

But, it's the first time these guys have worked with each other on air and in front of such a large audience, so I'll give them a chance and keep watching, but if these guys are gonna make it big they are going to need to step it up a gear...

I agree with alot of you here. But I honestly see Ziggler carrying Riley if they ever had a match. Cause let's face it Riley isn't that good of a wrestler. He's decent. And Dolph is phenomenal in the ring in my opinion. I like Riley I really do. But I wanna see more from his arsenal than that Sick Kick and the Impaler DDT paying tribute to Edge obviously. I don't want Ziggler to carry him. If they ever had a match I would like to see it go back and forth. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens but I have a gut feeling that if they had a PPV match Riley won't perform good just like in his boot-fest match with the Miz back in Capitol Punishment.

I've been thinking about this rivalry for a while now and I'm glad they're going through with it. Ziggler hasnt been doing anything relevant lately and Alex Riley could surely use the push. These guys havent feuded before and I think it all culminating to Alex Riley becoming US champ after a second go at the title (due to Zig cheating the first time) would be great. The in ring chemistry thing can be worked out and I know I sound like such a mark but its so cool to see a rivalry I was thinking about happen in real life.

This feud can go an x amount of ways. I'm here hoping this gives Ziggler a lot more tv time as well as it should also give Riley some tv time. Honestly I want Ziggler to be thrown into the main event eventually,but there is just no room on Raw for him to be main eventing. No matter where this feud goes I'm hoping for Ziggler to rise to the occasion and get some more name recognition. I'm a huge fan of his and his in ring work is golden.

This makes sense, two guys on the fast or medium pace to becoming top-tier WWE superstars crossing paths and facing off against each other, this is how the upper mid-card should be. I'm stoked to see how they mix it up. Ziggler/Riley could possibly make or break one of them (more on Riley's side), especially if they split Ziggler from Vickie which I personally don't like.

It could be interesting. I think they could have at least solid matches but personally, if a feud does happen, I'd prefer to see Ziggler go over and remain as champ.

Riley is good on the mic and he's demonstrated solid abilities in the ring, but I just don't think he's there yet. I just don't see him as the United States Champion at this point in time. Ziggler's had some good, solid matches as champ but one thing I've noticed have been these promo segments he's had. I can't recall the last time the reigning US champ was given significant mic time.

If this feud does happen and Riley ultimately takes the title, I'd personally be ok with it if it meant that they planned on elevating Ziggler back into main event position.

I can't recall the last time the reigning US champ was given significant mic time.

This is going to sound so sad but the last time the U.S champ was given some mic time before Ziggler was The Miz about 2 years ago. Just goes to show you how the WWE don't treat their mid card champions good. But in Ziggler's case I think the WWE has noticed his recent improvement on the mic and they want to hear more from him. Cause the only thing Dolph needs before becoming a big ME player is to show off some really good mic work. It's kinda funny his best mic work in my opinion was in NXT when he told off Byron Saxton for getting eliminated.

The Miz was champion last year. For almost the whole year. He lost the title in September of last year, so it hasn't even been a year yet. And even then, Sheamus got plenty of mic time as US Champ. He would cut promos about how he was proud to be the champion of USA and changed his ring attire accordingly.

Actually The Miz won his first U.S title from Kofi Kingston back in 2009. You must've not been watching back then or something I actually marked out for it. And I honestly can't remember another Sheamus U.S title promo other than the one where he was challenged by Daniel Bryan to a match at Wrestlemania.

Chris Benoit, Shelton Benjamin, Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle and Daniel Bryan. Dolph Ziggler is a solid #6 when it comes to the WWE version.

Whoa whoa. If we're gonna talk about all the wrestlers that have ever stepped foot in a WWE ring. Then I can surely name 10+ better than Dolph Ziggler in the ring. I mean common Ziggler is great but I wouldn't say he's a better wrestler than say Bret Hart or Mr.Perfect. In the modern day WWE in the current roster Dolph is definitely a #3 behind Punk and Bryan though.

I like it. Riley is very Raw, Ziggler is pretty good, and Vickie is a heat magnate. In reality, Vickie is kinda the key to this feud working since she's the most over.

Vickie's heat rubs off on Ziggler, which in turn gets Riley more over.

I don't think Riley should go over in the first match, but eventually.

What I MIGHT do is that since Vickie is a cougar and has been with Ziggles for a while. Maybe she turns on Ziggles and goes for the younger, hungrier Riley.

I like this devleoping feud. To be honest, I have never been a fan of either of these guys but now I'm starting to like both of them. I see Riley eventually winning the US Title but he'll probably lose to Ziggler a few times first. I'm so glad they've moved on past Kofi and Ziggler as I thought that was a dull feud.

Eh, really not too high on Riley as I was before. But a feud with Dolph will definitely make him more credible. And since Dolph has the title, this could be Riley's first championship. There's just something about Riley that's been not impressive lately. I think it's his finisher.

WWE, PLEASE GIVE HIM A NEW ONE!

I personally see a lot of benefits from this feud going forward, in that both men could be significantly helped out. Ziggler is a guy that the WWE clearly has bigger plans for, considering he is a former World champion (no matter how short that reign was). Riley is a young, new face that also seems to be in line for some type of push in the future.

Ziggler has finally gained a foothold on Raw, after being somewhat lost after first joining the brand. That being said, Ziggler simply is above the United States title at this point in his career. I mentioned his earlier World Title victory. It makes little sense to have him defending and fighting over a midcard title. It served its purpose in giving him something to do, another notch on his belt, and needed credibility on the show. The time is right to see if he really has what it takes to be a main eventer, or at least a potential one. I believe he could drop the title to Riley, and along with it Vicky, and be given the opportunity to stand on his own to feet. The main question is whether or not he makes it, but the time is right for him to be given the chance. My viewpoint is that saddling him with Vicky is only going to pigeon hole him as a guy who can't win without her. It's time to see if the effort putting into establishing him will work.

As for Riley, his feud with Miz put him on the map. Since that feud is now seemingly over, he has stalled a bit. The easiest remedy would be to give him his first taste of championship gold. Honestly, the United States title is far from the holy grail of wrestling. It's lost much of its prestige, namely due to bad and questionable booking. The gamble of putting it on Riley is not that costly. A Riley title win gives him the opportunity to see if he can build off of and recapture the momentum he had from his feud with Miz. Perhaps he gains more credibility and can be groomed for a move up the cards. Maybe it doesn't work either. It wouldn't be hard to take the title off him in a month or two if that's the case. If nothing else, he at least has the reign on his resume for future consideration. I feel the gambit would be worth the effort. You can find out if you have a potential future star or a guy who doesn't have what it takes. To me, that's a chance you take to find out what you have in Riley.

I think this could be a decent feud. Riley needs something to do in oder to stay relevant. He had a huge face reaction for beating up The Miz but now he needs to develop more or else his reaction will continue to decrease until people stop caring. The feud would be good for Riley due to him needing something to do. Ziggler needs more title defences too. Riley could win the belt but only if Ziggler is ready to move on to better things in the upper card.

An above poster reminded me- Where in the blue hell is DMac????
Anywho, I like this feud, and it obviosuly will result in the breakup of Dolph and Vickie. Vickie should cost Dolph the US title, then A Ry will be elevated and so will Ziggler. Vickie was just fat, ugly and old baggage for Ziggles, tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back