Alex Riley Arrested This Morning

Well, a major thing is, he refused the breathalizer test. In Pennsylvania, where I live, that's an AUTOMATIC 3 days in jail. I don't know what Florida law specifies about it, but there usually are automatic consequences for refusing to take a breathalizer.

Everyone makes mistakes. The thing here, is, Riley is in the middle of a major push that could certainly be halted because of his mistake. I don't know that will happen, but it was a really bad time to make the mistake that he did. I don't condemn him for his actions, but I think Vince will. This is a guy who has put up with less from more established names over the years. I think a suspension or some sort of tv write off for a short time will happen. And if it does, he has nobody to blame but himself.

I hope there are some repercussions for this, but it shouldn't go beyond suspension. I can't wait to see this guy turn on the Miz, cause we all know it's gonna happen eventually.

It is said that Alex Riley's on-air association with The Miz saved him from being let go following his arrest for driving under the influence last Wednesday in Tampa, Florida. He was said to be pretty nervous for several days, however. WWE did not officially announce any punishment and he worked the Survivor Series pay-per-view and Monday's RAW.

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/17012

Wow. It seems as if WWE was taking this thing very seriously. Riley probably will receive some punishment soon enough, but I don't think WWE is going to take him off of TV right now, especially with Miz being WWE champion. A suspension might come soon, and when it's over, I think he will return to The Miz's side.

Well, a major thing is, he refused the breathalizer test. In Pennsylvania, where I live, that's an AUTOMATIC 3 days in jail. I don't know what Florida law specifies about it, but there usually are automatic consequences for refusing to take a breathalizer.
Well, it depends greatly on state. In my state, we still believe in the fifth amendment, so there's no penalty for refusing a breathalyzer. It is incumbent upon the arresting officer to prove you've been drinking, rather than requiring you to submit evidence against yourself.

According to the interwebz, http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/drunk_driving/florida-dui-should-i-take-a-breathalyzer.htm, it is admissible as evidence of guilt of a DUI (fucking country) if you refuse a test without any priors. If you have priors, refusing a breath test is a misdemeanor offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back