You've never played...?

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
I was just reading the Tomb Raider v Uncharted thread and Lenguy pointed out that he had never played a Tomb Raider game, that actually shocked me that there's someone who would call himself a gamer had never played a Tomb Raider Game. Then I got thinking, I've never played a Fable game which is a mother f'ing huge franchise one of Microsofts big gunners...so I got thinking some more, I bet there's a fair few people on here haven't played some big franchises. I remember someone last year said they had never ever played a Mario game (I'm 90% sure they were lying! :p)

When I looked further into my gaming history I realised until recently I'd never played God of War. I've now played the first two and love them very much. I'm known as the biggest Nintendo mark on the forum yet had never played Metroid until this Summer, I've never played a Pikmin game nor an Animal Crossing game, I've never played a Madden Game.

I have no intention of playing Animal Crossing, but Pikmin I have, I've just never got round to it to be honest.

So what major Franchise haven't you played that would shock someone?

Of those which would you like to play?

Why haven't you played certain franchises? Is it no appeal? Feel it's over rated? Or simply don't have the system to play it on?

Why haven't you played certain franchises? Is it no appeal? Feel it's over rated? Or simply don't have the system to play it on?

I haven't played any of the God of War games. I'm a Nintendo guy, so I don't own a PS3 or PS2.My brother has an X-Box 360 , so if I really want to play a game(like Assasin's creed and Batman:Arkham Asylum) I'll rent them for that.

As you might have caught on, only having Nintendo systems means that there are actually a ton of franchises that I have never played a game in. The big shockers would be (watch as all video game cred I have dies with each title):

God of War

Uncharted

Call of Duty

Tomb Raider

Bioshock

Prince of Persia

Final Fantasy

Fable

Those are just off the top of my head, but there are many more. Like I said, I've always been an Nintendo guy, and have spent many, many hours playing Mario, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, and Donkey Kong. I actually had my gamecube for a full year and with nothing but Super Smash bros. Melee. That is how much of a Nintendo buff I am, so I never got around to playing anything else.

Of all the franchises I haven't played, God of War is the one that really pulls at my intrest. I love greek mythology, and Kratos looks like one badass mofo. If I ever end up near a PS3/PS2, they are first on my priority list.

One day I'll get around to playing them.

For me, I'll point out Mass Effect and Uncharted as the most obvious, current choices. I've been hearing all the praise both franchises have gotten for a long time, but it just never appealed to me. I never got into Mass Effect 1 on the Xbox 360 and I don't know if I ever will.

Uncharted, to me, is just another one of those traditional "American hero who always wins" games. I'm not into that whole GAP model look and James Bond personality in the characters. It's too American, with all due respect. I would've loved to get into both bandwagons but I'm just the picky type.

I also never got into: Final Fantasy, Bioshock, God Of War, LittleBigPlanet, Half-Life, and Quake as well...

Well,its nice to know I planted the seed for this thread:p

Actually,quite a few. I've never played a final fantasy game. Never touched a Metal Gear Solid game,Bio Shock,killzone,Mass Effect. Grand Theft Auto, Half life. A Number of them actually.

If there were any I wanted to played I assure you I would of played them by now. My taste in games is exactly that, my taste.

A little bit of A and a little bit of B. It could be I've never heard of it and simply have no desire to play after somebody catches me up on the franchise. Might be because I could be vastly over-rated and I don't see what others see in it. Might be because the game-play style doesn't suit my style. Various factors could contribute to my lack of interest towards a video game franchise. I'll stick to what suits me and what I like. Not to throw the idea out that maybe one day I might get into some of these franchises. As it stands right now, not interested.

Since I've never owned either Xbox, pretty much every major exclusive franchise they have. However, I have played Halo, but only multi-player with friends if that means anything.

I've never had a good gaming PC, nothing there either outside of the Oregon Trail and Carmen Sandiego.

Also, until this past year, I had never played a Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, or 3D Mario game. Before I got my Wii earlier this year, the last Nintendo console I owned was an SNES. Thanks to the Wii's backwards compatibility with the Gamecube, and the oh-so wonderful Virtual Console, I've been doing some serious catch-up on these franchises.

Plus I'm tired of getting slapped in the face for saying that I'd never played Ocarina of Time. It bruises after a while, you know.

I actually told a friend the other day something like this and it shocked him , but I've played on Wii, Xbox, And Playstaton. I've played most of the big gunners that they have, I've allways been a big gameboy dude due to the pokemon game's. But tbh the only game platform I've never really been into playing on is the computer.

I've never played a Duke Nukem game, I am however if It comes out getting the new Duke game to say I've played it. I've never played a Star Craft game, but I'm a huge warcraft and wow dude. I just liked warcraft more than starcraft. The big shocker here for one of my friends was that I never played the Doom series. Never, I've seen it played. But I never really got into it.

Also another series that I've never played were the Medal of honor games. I don't know why really? I've played all of the Cod games, but I never really just picked up the Medal of honor games.

There are a number of games I haven't played.

Mainly the COD franchise. I've never played one of the games. I'm not sure why, I'm not that into FPS but will play them occasionally like Halo or Doom. I'm not really a big online gamer and the last few Call of Dutys seemed to have had more focus on multiplayer than the singles campaign.

A few other notables are Uncharted and pretty much any PS3 exclusive franchises. It's not brand loyalty though, I just never bought a PS3. Also because I only had a decent computer for the last two years, I've never played any of the big PC games like WOW or Starcraft.

I'll usually play any game as long as it seems good to me, so I've played at least one game from most of the big franchises (Tomb Raider, GTA, Final Fantasy, Mario etc.). Due to not having too much money and no store to rent games from in my area, I tend to only buy used games and ones that I know for a fact that I'll enjoy and will keep me busy for a good while, so I've been a tad picky for the last few years.

The big ones for me are Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Though I have played half of FFX (before a brother deleted the file) and I admit, I enjoyed it, it wasnt fun enough for me to replay all that time however. I have played a little bit of the first Kingdom Hearts, but nowhere near enough to say I gave it a fair go.

I simply havent had time but would at least like to give one of the Final Fantasy games a playthrough sometime.

Seems like one of the most popular answers is Final Fantasy which I can also put down. Metroid, Kirby and until about 2 weeks ago Gears of War which I guess would fall under question No. 2. Also, Starfox, any Pokeman game, Metal Gear Solid and a slew of fighting games (Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat). The reason I never played them is they don't appeal to me or I don't have the right system. I have a 360 so that rules out Metal Gear Solid, Metroid, Starfox and Kirby (which I couldn't care less about).

I like playing on my X-Box 360 and before that my PS2, but I am definitely not a big gamer. I only tend to buy the Smackdown, PES and GTA games, occasionally the Guitar Hero games too. I dont have enough time to play anything else.

For some reason, most games hold no appeal for me, I would rather play through Master League on Pro Evolution Soccer, which is endless and constantly changing, or make up my own storylines on Smackdown than play anything else.

For this reason I have never played

COD
God of War
Final Fantasy
Warcraft
Metal Gear Solid
Bioshock
Medal Of Honour

or many others, they just hold no interest to me.

Well, as I've stated before, I work at gamestop and I get picked on by my coworkers and managers for not playing these games:

Final Fantasy
God of War (I've played the first mission only because my SM makes us play it when we test out ps2 trade ins)
Metroid
BioShock
Dragon Age

I would actually love to play God of War from what I've seen. I also want to get into Dragon Age, I just don't have the time to sit down and play an RPG.

I haven't really played these games mostly because I just don't have the time. I'm too busy playing NCAA 11, Black Ops, or LittleBigPlanet.

I've never played any of the God of War series, Fable, Medal of Honour, the majority of COD games etc.

And the first person to say they've never played Goldeneye should be imprisoned for being a grade A loser

Any of the COD games. I was going to buy black ops then realised that it was a first person shooter. I don't like first person shooters, I prefer games that you can see the person you're controlling.

Any of the fable games.
I had a ps2 so that explains why I haven't plaid the first one but now I have an Xbox 360, I see fable 2 and three all the time and it looks good but I have never played it.

Lee said:

Zelda - I have never played any of the Zelda games. I was too young to play during the influx of N64 and the mass popularity of the game. I never was a nintendo guy either as I only ever played the games to play really popular mainstream games such as Mario and Pokémon. Due to this, I've never understood the mass amount of hype around the series particularly Ocarina of Time.

Lee said:

I would like to be able to play the first Zelda game just to see where the series started from. Twilight Princess would've been another good choice as it is often regarded to be the greatest Zelda game overall but especially in terms of graphics and cutscenes. A Link to the past would be another choice because according to a friend of mine there's the intricate and perfectly thought-out dungeons that required mental skill along with sheer power. Obviously my last choice would've been Ocarina of Time just to see if it's all hype or if it is desrving of the moniker of Greatest game.

Lee said:

As I stated above, I was never much involved in Nintendo games and I was very young when the influx of these games came about. I was always more invlolved in Playstation and Playstation 2. So that, and also I didn't have the system to play it on.

I have personally never played

Fable
Final fantasy
Zelda
Tomb raider
Bio shock (but will soon)
God of war
Left for dead
Resident evil

its not that i don't want them but i don't see them when i buy games and only go occasionally so there aren't any because they are really popular when i go to shop
or they dont have it i would play Resident Evil,God of War,Bio shock and Zelda
Also i dont have a Xbox and i hear that God of war Zelda and resident evil are Wii?Xbox exclusive games

MOD NOTE said:
NB posted by Rod McMahon but deemed as spam. however can be helpful on this post:
Naa man. Zelda is Wii exclusive, God of War is ps3 exclusive, but Resident Evil is on all 3 systems.

I've played video games my whole life, but it was on a very casual basis. It wasn't until three(ish) years ago that I really got into gaming as much as I do now. Because of that, there are alot of games that I missed out in playing.

Some games that I have yet to play are:
* Zelda
* Final Fantasy
* Resident Evil
* Tomb Raider

Just to name a few. I've also never finished a Mario game of any kind.

I'm trying to get caught up on some games that I have missed out on, I just recently (within the year) played all three God of War games, but there are some games that I don't think I'll ever get around to playing. I figure if I haven't played a Final Fantasy game yet, I'm probably not going to start now.

There are also modern games that I have yet to experience, mostly exclusive Wii or Xbox games.

I also own games that I haven't been able to play such Red Dead Redeption, Black Ops & Fallout 3.

I have never played God of War. I hear it's all button mashing with a subpar storyline so I never played it. I also have never played a Gran Theft Auto. I absolutely loath Rockstar games, and this is a typical game by them. I go for more story based games, and am not a real fan of free roam games. I also haven't played Bioshock because I haven't felt like buying it yet.

I would like to play Bioshock because i've heard it was awesome from IGN. I would also like to play more Zelda games. I beat Windwaker, and I absolutely loved it. I loved it to much to explain to be honest. If OOT is everything everybody says it is than it will be my favorite game of all time lol. I also want to play Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess as I have heard nothing but good things about them.

I have all the systems required to play any game. I mainly stay away from genres I do not like, and that includes the "good" games from that genre. I hate button mashing games which is why I stay away from GOW, and I hate games with no real objectives like GTA. If I could take any game i've ever played back, and receive the time I wasted on them I would choose COD, and Halo. They ruined the FPS genre for me for a long time. I HATE them both. Halo not so much because there is a better storyline, but COD I believe is the most overrated game franchise of all time. Thank god Half Life 2 saved the FPS genre for me so I can still enjoy them.

I have all the systems required to play any game. I mainly stay away from genres I do not like, and that includes the "good" games from that genre. I hate button mashing games which is why I stay away from GOW, and I hate games with no real objectives like GTA. If I could take any game i've ever played back, and receive the time I wasted on them I would choose COD, and Halo. They ruined the FPS genre for me for a long time. I HATE them both. Halo not so much because there is a better storyline, but COD I believe is the most overrated game franchise of all time. Thank god Half Life 2 saved the FPS genre for me so I can still enjoy them.

It depends on how you look at both Cod and Halo, to me they both are great first person shooters. I'm an avid player of both Mw2 and blackops and halo reach. I love them, but I hate alot of the players. I love it when I get a pos score on an online match because I can look back from when I started and was going -10 in allmost every match and say damn I've really improved. But you allways get the people who take the fun aspect out and shit on you for not going +26 in a match or higher. I'm quite fine in going 10 and 10 or getting one or two positive. But you allways have the losers who spend way to much time out of the game, that is suppost to be just for fun. They think they are Mlg gamers when in reality a 1.50 kd on Mw2 just states that you are really good or you camp way to fucking much.

On your statment about Gta I believe you are totaly wrong, I haven't played Gta in about 2 years. SO I'm sorry if it has changed, but San andreas and Vice city had allright storylines, you're in a gang and you have to run your teritory. Whats so wrong with that? You have missions and upgradable skills. That's life in todays gaming world.

Fable is probably my only game i haven't played well Xbox 360 games specific.

Of those which would you like to play? N/A

Why? i just didn't have any interest in the game.

It depends on how you look at both Cod and Halo, to me they both are great first person shooters. I'm an avid player of both Mw2 and blackops and halo reach. I love them, but I hate alot of the players. I love it when I get a pos score on an online match because I can look back from when I started and was going -10 in allmost every match and say damn I've really improved. But you allways get the people who take the fun aspect out and shit on you for not going +26 in a match or higher. I'm quite fine in going 10 and 10 or getting one or two positive. But you allways have the losers who spend way to much time out of the game, that is suppost to be just for fun. They think they are Mlg gamers when in reality a 1.50 kd on Mw2 just states that you are really good or you camp way to fucking much.

Mainly because it is so fucking overrated. Like I said I don't mind Halo because of how good the story actually is, but I mainly hate the community, and how much people overrate COD. It is the SAME game every time with a few minor changes to the guns, and people talk about it like it is the end all be all of FPS games. I'll admit I watch COD vids on youtube from guys like Hutch, and Seananners, and my cousin plays. It's mainly the community that ruins it for me.

On your statment about Gta I believe you are totaly wrong, I haven't played Gta in about 2 years. SO I'm sorry if it has changed, but San andreas and Vice city had allright storylines, you're in a gang and you have to run your teritory. Whats so wrong with that? You have missions and upgradable skills. That's life in todays gaming world.

They weren't storylines. There were NO surprises in missions. You go somewhere, kill somebody, run from the opposing gangs, and win money. It could be alright if you were playing with friends, and just played to see who could survive the longest with the most wanted levels. It just isn't my type of game. It's mainly free roam with no real objective to reach unlike games that I really enjoy. Games like Final Fantasy 10, and Kingdom Hearts where the storyline was really good, and there were main objectives. I know that many people love them, but it isn't my type of game which is why I don't play it.

Well Lee knows that over two years ago I gave him a near heart attack when I hadn't touched the Zelda franchise and ended up loving it.

For me, I think the main franchise that would shock people for me not playing is Final Fantasy, simply because I really don't see the appeal and it just doesn't draw me in. Granted, I've played Kingdom Hearts and enjoyed it, this would obviously would be considered FF, but I don't get why I like KH and not FF when they're the same game really. I dunno!

Metroid. I think I played it once but I hated it. But I was young then so I don't really remember it.

My girlfriend never played Mario until she was almost 18. She's 19 now. I found out when I bought a Nintendo from a pawn shop and I bought Super Mario World with it. When I came into the house she didn't even know what a Nintendo was.

I have never played either the Killzone or the God of War franchise....

Would no idea whether they are good or not, just never seemed to appeal to me!

I have never played.

Bioshock

World of Warcraft/Starcraft

Final Fantasy

Metal Gear (I tried the first one on Nintendo for all of 30 seconds and gave it to my friend, couldn't stand it. So, I don't really count this)

Pokemon

Diablo

Call Of Duty

Halo

Absolutely none of them. I cannot stand MMORPG's, or any RPG for that matter, and have no interest in CoD or Halo. I've seen them both played ad nauseum and don't see the appeal. Couldn't care less about the storyline.

I sort of feel I answered this above.

The two that will shock you are:
Zelda
Metal Gear
I would like to try Metal Gear but I feel I have no appeal in a Zelda type adventure game.

I haven't played Metal Gear because I had a Playstation 1 and 2 when I was too young to play M games. I haven't played Zelda because I don't have any non-hand held non-pokemon games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back