Your New Promotion

ForzaItalia

Layeth The Smackdown!
Let's say that the WWE was to go bankrupt tomorrow leaving all the superstars free agents. Apparently, you just had an idea to start your own wrestling promotion and you have all the money in the world to sign whoever you want because you can. Well which top five wrestlers from the WWE would you sign and why? This is not real! It is just a fun question to ask and I want to hear your choices.

Here are what my five choices would be and why:

1. Randy Orton- This guy is a multi-time WWE Champion that would add a lot of star power to the potential new promotion. Not to mention that the viper would bring a huge fan base to the promotion and basically be the evil guy that you love to hate. Orton would be my top pick to be in promotion because his skills in the ring are pretty good, he can get the crowd out of their seats, and people care about him. To me this is enough to ultimately sign Orton and have him be one of the top guys on my show.

2. Daniel Bryan- This guy would definitely be built as the top guy of my show if I was a wrestling promoter. He has that underdog persona that resembles a kind of small kid wanting to prove that you can do anything if you set your mind to it. Bryan is a good attitude to have backstage, he works hard, is reliable, and is a damn good wrestler. His mic skills are not too bad, but I would have no problem having Bryan be the poster boy for my show.

3. CM Punk- This guy is just phenomenal for whatever he does wrestling or promos. He proved that he is the top heel in WWE on Monday from his excellent promo. He can wrestle, play a great heel or face, and get a fan base to come with him. In my promotion, he would actually be able to use his full move set like all the other guys making him even better. He spreads a good message and would be a top heel in my company for sure.

4. Christian- I would choose Christian because you need some kind of veteran in your company and Captain Charisma is just that guy. He seems to have another good five years ahead of him and unlike Edge he does not get injured too often. Christian is a good mentor to all younger stars and would fit in perfectly if I had a company because he can still put on great matches in the ring and deliver great promos. Christian and his peeps would add great depth to my show for sure.

5. Alberto Del Rio- I really like this guy. He plays a very good heel from what I saw in the past two weeks. Also I like his whole rich character he portrays. His Mexican background adds to his gimmick and makes a lot more interesting than what JBL was and this guy is a great talent in the ring and again he would be able to use his full move set in my company. I just think this guy makes perfect sense and he would without a doubt do very well in my promotion. He has the look, the charisma, and the talent to elevate himself to a main heel in my promotion.

Other Earnings: Sheamus, Evan Bourne, John Morrison, Joe Henning, Kaval, Miz, Wade Barrett, Matt Hardy, Kofi Kingston, Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes

I would not sign: Mark Henry, Ted DiBiase, Hornswoggle, and Great Khali

hmmm i like this question.

1. cm punk. this guy has it all. his in ring ability is top notch and his mic skills are great too. hes charasmatic and he can have fans love him and hate him. he really is a great and heel.

2. daniel bryan (bryan danielson). bryan might be small but he has everything to back him up. his repuatuar is amazing. its a perfect mix of mma, aggression, and technical wrestling. its kind of a hybrid of taz and chris benoit. his mic skill are again pretty good.

3. the miz. i can see him being a huge star in the future. ill admit it. i hated when h first came on the scene. however he has really proved me wrong. his in ring ability has really improved along with his top notch mic skills. he reminds me of a young chris jericho. hes cocky, hes great on the mic and just the way he presents himself. hes going to big a big star in the future, i can see it now.

4. tyler black. i know he has'nt debut yet but ive seen him wrestle in ring of honor and he is amazing. hands down he might possibly be the future of wrestling. he has high flying moves that he can pull off with ease along with technical wrestling and fast pace chain wrestling. he just needs to work on his mic skills.

5. john morrison. he has it all. the look. the in ring ability, and the mic skills. i prefer him as a heel but it really doesnt matter. i can see him as a future world champion or wwe champion.

however its hard though because there are alot of other superstars that i would want. ok fuck it if i can have 10 guys the next 5 guys i would want would be

6. wade barrett. i love this guy. his mic skills are among the best in the buisness and he has the look. hes also great in the ring.

7. drew mcintyre. i dont know i just have really high hopes for him. in my opinion he has it all and he has all the potential in the world. after all he is the chosen one.

8. kofi kingston. just because hes good to have on any roster in my opinion.

9. ted dibiase. i can see him potentially being a huge star. he has wrestled in japan and come on he has wrestling in his blood. his father is the million dollar. man.

10. dolph ziggler. i dont know what it is but he reminds me of mr. perfect.

I'm a new guy , my first ever reply to a post, so bear with me please. This is a good question and I'll answer it, but first I've got a question for you, I'm not trying to start anything but, why no John Cena?? (I'm a Cena mark.) But to answer your question, I would sign:

1) John Cena-Not only is a good wrestler, but he's truly good for business, 'nuff said!!

2) Randy Orton-Same thing as above, not only is he still young and in his prie, but also he is a legend!!

3) The Miz-I as a fan don't really like his character bcuz he's a heel, but the push this guy has been given, if he does'nt win the world title with the briefcase he could do it on his own w/o the briefcase.

4) Daniel Bryan-Just because he's a legend in the indy's, does not mean that he could'nt be a wrestling/submission legend!!

5) Edge-His legend is older than Cenas and Ortons, so he would be the "Legend" pick. He's not ready to go yet!!

I know this is mostly Raw, but I'm a mark for Raw and don't usually watch Smackdown. But quick 5 for Smackdown--1)Christian, 2)Cody Rhodes, 3)Jack Swagger, 4)Kofi Kingston, and 5)Matt Hardy.

Don't trash me for my picks too harshly, thank you for reading, and I thank you for posting!

im sorry for not picking cena but i just cant stand the guy. a agree with you 110% hes good for the buisness. he does make wwe alot of money but the thread states i already have all the money in the world. in my opinion i dont really think he can wrestle. his matches are boring to me and its the samething in every match. he gets his ass beat and then here comes super cena. same 6 moves in every match. im not trashing you for liking him im just saying why i didnt pick him.

You guys are picking pure Wrestlers, pure wrestlers aren't what make good promotions, if so ROH would be the top promotion. With that said, this is my Top 5:

1.) John Cena: I'd be stupid not too, you might not like him, but by god hes the most marketable Wrestler in the Wrestling Industry today, he should be on everyone's list.

2.) Randy Orton: Much like Cena, hes a great wrestler plus he has Star Power.

3.) CM Punk: Good wrestler. Amazing on the Stick, would be great in every promotion.

4.) Bryan Danielson: One of my favorite pure wrestlers, hes a good solid Mid-Carder, I'd give him a spot on any promotion.

5.) Chris Jericho: Best wrestler in the biz today. Great on the mic. Can put everyone over and never looks weak. A key to any promotion.

I'm a new guy , my first ever reply to a post, so bear with me please. This is a good question and I'll answer it, but first I've got a question for you, I'm not trying to start anything but, why no John Cena?? (I'm a Cena mark.)

I love Cena as much as the next fan, but you can't build a company around a person that was built by kids. I would take him but not as a top guy. Here is who I would take...

1) Orton - Top guy in the ME and #1 heel

2) Evan Bourne - His size, agility, and personality are great plus he is a fan favorite. Easily a top contender for a light-heavyweight division to ME status.

3) The Miz - Love this guy, top contender to ME in the next few years.

4) Kolfi Kingston - Same as Evan Bourne

5) Wade Barrett - He has the size, mic skills and is an easy ME contender and heel. You need a kind of "big man" size wise.

Others - John Cena, Kaval, The Hart Dynasty, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Tarver, Justin Gabriel, Christian, Skip Shefield, Michael McGillicutty, Husky Harris,and John Morrison.

Divas - Natalya, Eve, Melina, Gail kim, Beth Phoenix, and Maryse

Thats a roster 25 wrestlers including the women. Id also go with Matt Striker and Josh Mathews on commentary.

Good thread.

1#HHH. Coz he is AWESOME!!! He has amazing promos, great in ring ability, and is the a fantastic heel or face. Plus he is hot as heck and good way to bring in the fans :)

2#Cena. Even though I dont need the money, he is a huge money spinner. I think he gets so much hate and yet is quite a good wrestler and very entertaining. I am not a fan myself but find his never back down attitude is a great for kids. Also I think he seems like a great guy in real life too.

3#Edge. Even though everyone talks like Edge is on his last legs, I would keep him as he is a great heel. He could cut down his schedule and just go out there and talk alot. I mean he is hilarious, calling Sheamus an evil Ronald McDonald and Beaker...classic

4#CM Punk. Great wrestling ability, good character, love the straight edge thing he has going on. Looks like he should be in a metal band, plenty more mileage out of Punk.

5#HBK. I know he is retired, but I am going to kidnap his wife and kids and force him to wrestle for me. Hey not even wrestle, just cut promos. HBK makes wrestling what it is, and since he has left it has hardly been worth watching.

The Five Guys I would pick are..

1. Chris Jericho: Clearly one of the best at his craft. No one like him. He can have the people boo in one quick second, they have him cheer in another second.

2. John Cena: I'll make money off his merchandise alone. I want this company to make money. I don't want to be a WCW, so Cena here you come.

3. HHH: Say what you want to say about him. One of the hardest working guys in the history of the business. We can say he married the boss's daughter. But it took a lot more then that to get to where he is at.

4. Randy Orton: Both him and Cena are huge Pick ups. They are both both in their early 30's. Both have 10 years left in them. It just makes sense.

5. Undertaker or Kane: Yes, I know I cheated on this answer. But, these are two guys who are just amazing in the ring, and behind the scenes. They only have a 3 or 4 years left. However, their professionalism and knowledge could be rubbed down on the younger guys in the promotion. Hopefully help future main eventers in my company.

Honorable Mentions. I decided to give myself 5 honorable mention because well it's just smart business. :eek:)

1. Kurt Angle: Yes, I know, it was if the WWE went bankrupt. But hey, a TNA contract is worth an Obama economic stimulus plan... Meaning not good at all. Plus, great to work with, natural talent.

2. Zack Ryder: I need a young future, which Zach Ryder is. You can build a lot around this guy.

3. Wade Barrett: The same with Zack Ryder, in due time he will be a big name.

4. The Miz: Hard work and dedication. The guy is just too damn good to pass on.

5. Ted of Cody: Any of those guys could help my promotion out. Both good on the mic, can't really pass them up.

#1) Chris Jericho. To make it simple, there is nobody better than Y2J.

#2) CM Punk. His in-ring work is phenomenal, and his promos are pretty good too.

#3) Sheamus. His promo work is great, especially in recent weeks. I haven't seen enough of his in ring work to make a good judgement, but pretty good from what I've seen.

#4) Vince McMahon. Having someone who knows what they're doing behind the scenes is a very good idea, and there are few who are better than Vince. His experience is invaluable and his knowledge of the business side of things is important.

#5) Alberto Del Rio. I haven't seen much of him (just his debut and his promo on Raw), but I like what I've seen already. There is also something about him that reminds me of Razor Ramon, not sure what, but something.

I would also steal Raven from TNA. Not for use as an active wrestler, but as an on screen character, like a GM or something, because his promos are fantastic.

The five Guys I would Pick Are...

1. Randy Orton- Has a huge fan base would draw a lot of people and coild work as a face or as a heel.

2. CM Punk- My favorite heel great in ring competitor has a great character and has one of the best mic skills in the buisness.

3. John Cena- Also like Orton has a huge fan base which means he could sell a lot of merchandise not only that but not bad ring skills.

4. Daniel Bryan- Perhaps one of the best technical wrestlers in the buisiness right now huge fan favorite great in ring skills.

5. Miz- Entertaining character great on the mic and pretty good in the ring and great as a heel can get the crowd riled up perhaps the best in the buisness for getting the crowd mad.

oh this is easy for me.
1) CM Punk--Gold on the mic, has the potential to put on a 5 star match.
2) Daniel Bryan--i would let him use his old name, Bryan Danielson, he's got star potential written all over him.
3) Cody Rhodes--Alot of potential, can speak on the mic
4) Ted Dibiase--i would get him a better gimmick.
5) Randy Orton--he's the top face of the company, he's needed.
6) Kofi Kingston--he's exciting for the fans and he can be a top face
7) Christian--A good face to have for the fans to like and can easily go heel
8) Michael McGuillicutty--i would rename him, to Michael Hennig and have him join with Ted Dibiase and have Brett Dibiase join him and have Bo Rotunda join him too in a stable.
9) The Miz--too good not to be here, he's gold on that mic
10) Alex Riley--he's got potential to be a star
others i would have are Wade Barrett with 4 members of nexus being Otunda, Tarver and Heath Slater. Sheamus is also worth putting up here too.

Good question, I've actually asked myself this very question before
My Five would be...

#1 Chris Jericho = Best Wrestler in the world today

#2 John Cena = Money maker, great market ability, huge fan base, talented wrestler. But I would ask him to change his gimmick alittle. I would ask him to be alittle more PG-13 in my promotion and go back to what got him over in the first place by cutting promos by rapping.

#3 Randy Orton = Guy is the total Package

#4 CM Punk = Just another awesome phenomeially talented wrestler.

The first 4 were easy but the 5th one is alittle harder, anyways I'll go with...

#5 Edge = Great talent, Love his Ultimate Opportuist gimmick

Diva Beth Phoenix = I know you didn't ask for this but If I could take one diva its Be Beth fo sho!

Tag Team The Dudebuster = another one you didn't ask but these guys are truely excellent!

Honorable mention to: Daniel Bryan, Kaval, Wade Barrett, Miz, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Big Show, Jack Swagger, Evan Borune, William Regal, Zack Ryder, Goldust, Finlay, Sheamus, Christian, Kane and Alberto Del Rio.

My 5 are:

1. John Cena- I dont like him, but if im looking to make money, i would be the biggest fool ever to not choose cena. I would not make my program pg however.

2. Orton- Exactly the same as above

3. Chris Jericho- Can be a heel or a face. Can mainevent wrestlemania and then loose to evan bourne and it still makes sense. His fueds are awsome and he is also my veteran.

4. R-truth- I really like rtruth as he is really entertaining on the mic and outside the ring. Not to mention you would really need a black guy. I hope you dont take that racistly, but if everyone was white it would not go over well with anyone. But i may have picked him without him being black.

5. CM Punk- Awsome heel who is really entertaining in the ring. Im not a cm punk mark, but im damn amazed he hasnt even sniffed the title for over a year.

OM: Edge, Taker, Rey (all legends with huge followings, but all just have a couple years at most left in them), HHH, Miz, Barrett, Kofi, cody rhodes, melina, Michelle Mccool (need a woman who can actually wrestle and look good), hornswoggle (lmao).

I'm a new guy , my first ever reply to a post, so bear with me please. This is a good question and I'll answer it, but first I've got a question for you, I'm not trying to start anything but, why no John Cena?? (I'm a Cena mark.)

I would not want Cena because I would not want him to be the poster boy of my promotion. I would want Bryan Danielson to be because this guy deserves it and has dedicated his whole life to wrestling, so I respect that and he should be greatly rewarded.

Here's my picks for this question:

1. John Cena - Most Marketable wrestler in the business. I would book him as a High Carder/World Champion once in a while type role. Have him 05/Chain Gang Cena.

2. Randy Orton - Orton I would have him as my Face/Tweener and a Top Dog.

3. CM Punk - He would be a great heel, not entirely his SES angle but that at a lesser extent because he cuts awesome promo's as a heel.

4. John Morrison - I would have him as my second top HEEL, him on the microphone as heel is very solid, and His in ring game is one of the best in the WWE right now.

5. Chris Jericho - I wouldn't want him wrestling... I would make him General Manager with a few appearances, make him have pre-shot promo's and make him appear live once or twice a month to have a light schedule that would cater to his music.

Other Picks/Honorable Mentions:

1. Kofi Kingston - You know that intense Aggresive side of Kofi we seen? Yeah I would have him do that more often, but be a face still.

2. Cody Rhodes - I like the way he is improving in all areas right now with his new gimmick. I would love to see him in my "federation" as a Mid Card Heel.

3. Alberto Del Rio - He's been great so far, I would have him build up from where he is right now. Future World Champion.

4. The Uso's - I would take the trio as a nice package for my tag team division.

5. Edge - I would have him in a unique role, I would have him in a commentators role. It's something he could do since he is very good on the microphone. He is past his prime now, and he is used for only putting others over. SO I would have him in that JBL like role, He would do commentary perhaps lead a stable?

cena can't wrestle i mean he only has like 5 moves lol

Heres mine

The Miz

Orton

Morrsion

Punk

Triple H

1. Cena-marketable, would make money for me.
2. Chris Jericho-he the best wrestler in the world. he can be heel or face.
3. Randy Orton-marketable, total package
4. CM Punk. Great wrestling ability, good character, love the straight edge thing he has going on. He would be my top heel.
5. John Morrison-he was goood as heel which i like it and plus he could be my top player
Honorable Mentions: The Miz, Edge, Kofi Kingston, Matt Hardy, chriistian, zack ryder, Cody Rhoodes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back