Your legends panel

CM Steel

A REAL American
This past Monday on RAW we saw the legends panel featuring Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair (Wooooo), and Hulk Hogan. The 3 legends were debating about the rematch that will take place at WWE's Night of Champions between WWE champion Brock Lesner and John Cena. Now just think about this for a minute. What if you were a aspiring wrestler who joined the WWE and you made it to the main event scene much like John Cena. And there would be a special legends panel reguarding your WWE championship match. Which 3 legends would you want in this panel? Me...

1. Bret "The Hitman" Hart
2. Stone Cold Steve Austin
3. Ric Flair or Hulk Hogan

Those are my 3. What about you?

1. Jim Ross, this guy could dissect the match & competitors pros & cons.
2. Bobby Heenan, one of the greatest manager's of all time.
3. Bret Hart, the excellence of execution.

People are going to have to start giving reasons as to why they would have chosen their 3 "legends", otherwise this is going to end up getting moved to the Spam section.

The 3 I have chosen are all very knowledgable, outspoken and controversial. This always makes for a good debate, and with the success that all 3 have had in the business, they all would have valid opinions. My choices would be as follows:

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin- Never afraid of speaking his mind, Austin regularly has debates over up-and-coming talents and angles on his podcast.

2. Kevin Nash- Have you seen his shoot interviews? The guy is great entertainment and very controversial. I love Nash.

3.Triple H- Another of the very best of all time. He'd be the guy above all the others I'd be trying to impress, especially with his real-life position in the company. Get The Game on your side and you won't go far wrong.

Well then i will elaborate on my picks.

Mick Foley- Aside from Scott Hall, Foley is my favorite talker of all time.

Kevin Nash- For the exact same reasons as Triple Naitch

Chris Jericho- A true man of the world.

I also think the three of them together would be a hell of a good time.

1. Iron Sheik--This guy makes me cross my legs when he goes off on a rant
2. Hot Rod--We all know he has a opinion about everything speaks his mind
3. Ric Flair-- Another one outspoken and never to sure what he will say

1. triple h because he is the boss so you would want to impress him. 2. the undertaker because he is the locker room leader and he has been there and done that. 3. paul heyman because he is the best manager of all time ( in my opinion) and i chose these 3 men because they are legends and know best

If we're duplicating the shitty segment from Raw where they're all three sitting in the ring talking and I as a wrestler come out and talk to them?

Steve Austin
The Rock
Undertaker

If we're assuming we are a wrestler here then we would want as many eyes on our segment as possible.

People would want to see these three guys. You may get some casuals to tune in to see what the segment is all about so that gets more eyes on the current wrestler.

Even if people just tune in for that segment and tune out after you still get a chance to be on screen with those legends and if those legends are talking about you then maybe some people will continue to tune in to see what you're all about.

John Cena- I would want my character to never give up.
Bob Holly- I would want my character to be able to take an ass kicking and dish one out.
Dustin Rhodes- I would want my character to be as emo as possible.

I know these three could inspire me to greatness. Whether by hook or by crook.

My three:

1) Jim Ross - Other than Gordon Solie, the greatest commentator in the history of the squared circleHe could build and dissect and argument without even trying.

2) Ric Flair - Calls them as he sees them. Has an intellectual gift for the business, and can really foresee what would and should happen.

3) Nick Bockwinkel - The former AWA champ was a scholar when he spoke. His promos were more like a Professor lecturing his students in the art of wrestling. This man could pick up and carry an argument, and then tell you why it is wrong or right. A great compliment for Jim Ross.

1. triple h because he is the boss so you would want to impress him. 2. the undertaker because he is the locker room leader and he has been there and done that. 3. paul heyman because he is the best manager of all time ( in my opinion) and i chose these 3 men because they are legends and know best

I am honestly ashamed of myself for not putting Paul Heyman on my panel. So I feel the need to adjust mine a bit.

Foley stays.
Heyman takes the place of Holly.
Steve Austin takes the place of Nash.

Maybe i just want to drink beer and pick their brains? Maybe i want Sean Waltman in on the group? Is this going to be on television?

I would definitely pick shawn first. He was with WWE for many years and knows the ins and outs of the business. Mick Foley would be my second pick because you cannot have a legend panel without him lol. My third would be stone cold. He is someone who will not sugar coat things. He tells it as he sees it.

1. Alex Riley: not a legend, but he always gives a clear view and reasoning for his prediction, and seems like someone that speaks his mind.
2. Corporate Kane: he is a very smart person, is fantastic on the mic and will be an asset in a serious discussion. Would definitely be better than Booker or Flair.
3. Tensai: another respected veteran of the business with immense knowledge. He will be ideal as the guy who always predicts the face as the winner.

I got two lists - one non Wrestler panel, one wrestler panel

Non-Wrestler Panel

1) Jim Ross - the best Play By Play announcer ever and one of the best minds in the business and when it comes to BBQ Sauce. SAUCE IT!

2) James E Cornette. Jim Cornette is also a brilliant mind. One of the best bookers and managers ever.

3) Paul Heyman - the one behind the one behind 21-1. The man is THE best manager ever and my god can he sell a match! He is awesome.

My ex Wrestler panel -

1) Bret Hart
2) Edge
3) Stone Cold.
I haven't put HBK in because I just feel now he has retired he has lost the passion for the biz that he used to have; he openly conceeds he doesn't watch WWE on twitter. HBK is still the best wrestler that ever entered a WWF ring.

Tough question. I liked the combination that WWE had on actual legends panel on Raw, the only one I'd really have changed is Flair. I would have replaced him with Bret Hart due to him representing the top tier of the in-ring side of pro wrestling, being one of the very best of all time when it comes to legitimate in-ring skills. Michaels stays due to being the best when it comes to performance and stealing the show. Hogan stays for obvious reasons, he is the most famous wrestler ever. Runners up include Stone Cold and The Rock due to them being the 2nd and 3rd most famous wrestlers of all time behind Hogan, the two top stars of the most popular years that the WWE has ever seen. Last but not least we have, The Undertaker. His Wrestlemania streak, regardless of how it ended, speaks for itself and justifies his spot on a legends panel.

If members of the legends panel Raw actually had can be included it would be:

Hulk Hogan
Shawn Michaels
Bret Hart

If not including anyone who participated on the panel we saw on Raw:

Bret Hart
Stone Cold
The Rock

Can dead wrestlers count?? Because I'd really like to pick Randy Savage, Eddie Guerrero & Brian Pillman. But if not them, then I'd go with:

• Bret Hart
• Stone Cold Steve Austin
• CM Punk

I was teasing with picking one guy to represent the technical skills, one guy for charisma, and one guy for box office appeal, but hell, why not all 3. I could fill it with Rock, Cena & Hogan, but each of them has at least 1 fault. Bret, Stone Cold & Punk excel in all 3 areas. They might not be the BEST in the ring or the MOST charismatic, but they are the closest in being the total package. They all peaked in different eras of wrestling, and I really wish they would have been able to be in the same ring at the same time. It would be surreal knowing that I was the guy that brought them together so they can comment on MY career.

Hell, if we can end it with a Fatal 4 Way match, it would be perfect!

Yeah, if I wanted 3 guys who used to mean something talk aimlessly, I'd just watch Sportscenter. Which I don't. Or I'd just look up things those 3 did actually worth my time on Youtube. Or the WWE Network. For $9.99.

The Legends panel is a pointless concept. They add nothing and are on the TV screen for less than 5 minutes total. Not to mention we already have one panel. You know, the COMMENTATORS. The hell do I need 3 more to tell me what I already know? Ah, right. Paycheck's. Gotcha.

My legends panel would consist of:

1- Sting- WCW's greatest face, the greatest legend to never have been in the WWE until now and seeing Sting on a panel would be even better because not only would he be impartial but he just garners respect and is perhaps one of the greatest of all time not just in terms of ability and longevity but overall popularity

2- Bret "The Hitman" Hart- Another face on the panel that garners not only respect but is one of the greatest technical mat wrestlers of all time one of the greatest submission wrestlers of all time and Bret calls them as he sees them

3- The Rock- Future first-ballot Hall of Famer, box office draw in Hollywood, but also one of the greatest of the Attitude Era he also on the panel would be able to have great dialogue with both Sting and Bret

1) Steve Austin - so I can kick him in the balls

2) The Undertaker - so I can kick him in the balls

3) Shawn Michaels - so I can kick him in the balls

Stand by in case one of the above can't make it) Bret Hart - so I can kick him in the balls

If he wasn't dead I'd choose him) Ultimate Warrior - so I could kick him in the balls

He's not a legend but I would still kick him in the balls - Vince Russo

This past Monday on RAW we saw the legends panel featuring Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair (Wooooo), and Hulk Hogan. The 3 legends were debating about the rematch that will take place at WWE's Night of Champions between WWE champion Brock Lesner and John Cena. Now just think about this for a minute. What if you were a aspiring wrestler who joined the WWE and you made it to the main event scene much like John Cena. And there would be a special legends panel reguarding your WWE championship match. Which 3 legends would you want in this panel? Me...

Mr. Perfect
Shawn Michaels
Stone Cold Steve Austin

(If I can't pick Mr Perfect then UnderTaker, The Rock or Paul Heyman)

Mr. Perfect
Shawn Michaels
Stone Cold Steve Austin

(If I can't pick Mr Perfect then Ted Dibiase SR, UnderTaker, The Rock or Paul Heyman)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back