• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your honest thoughts on: The Miz

The_Awesome_One

Occasional Pre-Show
I have a bit of spare time i the upcoming weeks so every Sunday i will be doing a 'Your honest thoughts on'. Since I am a huge Mizfit let's do The Miz first.

As of late, he has been getting underused and underutilised. He may not be the best in the ring, but he is definitely not the worst. His in ring skills are probably about average. His mic skills are way above average, even though he may have regressed on them in the last couple of months but that's only because he doesn't get alot of promo time any more. Personally I think he deserves much better. He is one of the hardest working wrestlers (aside from John Cena) with all the media he does. He's getting a movie now which i think will be ok. Hopefully he comes back at Money In The Bank as a surprise entrant and he wins it. So what are your thoughts of The Miz and how would you like to see him return?

He's a good upper midcard talent that should have more going on for him than he does now. But when he was WWE Champion, I looked it at more as a business decision than an award for a deserved talent. He's fine on the mic & in ring, but he's not believable. I've said it before, but I see him & think "I can take that guy". His run with the title was nice, but when I see talents like Ziggler & Cody basically playing the same character, I can kinda understand why he has fallen back a tad.

The stable idea would've been perfect for him, because it seems like the only way he could beat the Cena, Sheamus, & Orton's of the world is with a posse. Funny to say it in hindsight, but having Alex Riley made him just a little more fitting of his position. But MITB is around the corner, & giving him the briefcase again can add some relevancy & new direction to a character that's being played well by other guys right now.

Im not that much of a mizfan, but i can tell that he has alot of talent. He may not be the BEST in the ring, but what is the best. I mean did Hulk Hogan become the greatest Pro Wrestler to ever walk on earth by being a techniqual God. NO. Miz has great taloent.

I dont think MIZ is being underused or buried. Its just that theres no room to fit Miz into any of the feuds right niow. it dosent make sence to throw him into a fued of no where. I just think He's getting alittle break from the cameras. I think Miz should get fired by laurinitous, and after months, Miz comes back and skull crushes Big johnny(or otunga) for not treating Miz like a star. Thus turning miz to face and he could be a great addition to a boring Smackdown. lol

I think the Miz is by far the most under used wrestler. However I am sure the Miz is fine with the lighter schedule. The fact is the Miz loves wrestling and he will be where ever he is needed at anytime. He will never Cm punk out and cry his way back into the title picture.

If not in line for the world title I think Miz would be a great person to have as a IC Champion or even building a Tag team with him. A big guy with little mic skills would be a perfect combo. Showmiz is a good example, Maybe use a guy like Big Zeke. but that has already been done with that other little white guy that sucked and when to TNA....and still sucked.

Miz v Cody ( I know wrestling bookers are to stupid to think outside the box) but a heel v heel would set up and great mic war and nice ring work. They should never fight til the PPV maybe 2 months away and just keep having the them ruin matches.

I've always been a big Miz fan, I can't for the life of me figure out why he isn't in the WWE title picture, or at least on Smackdown in the WHC picture

He's way to good of a heel to be completely missing.

Miz has grown on me over the past year or so. Creative has nothing for him right now and it's a shame because he gets the reaction from the crowd other guys don't.
It maybe time to turn him face. I've seen him on interviews and he's a fun, honest, and approachable guy. If he continues doing the media rounds, a face turn could help him out. While Orton is out for awhile, maybe it's time to build a new face while Sheamus tries to fill the big babyface shoes.
I'm sure this won't happen as creative will stick him as a heel that works upper-card matches without titles on the line.

I like Miz but I do have some problems with him. I really like him on the mic, which I feel is his strongest point. Its laughable to think that the Miz persona was created while he was on a reality show and he ran with that but in all honesty that helped him become as good on the stick as he is today.

The problem is that he still looks too green in the ring at times. I'm by no means saying he is a bad worker, he gets by for the most part and shows some flash here and there. The problem is that he still makes some rookie mistakes, and he makes them way more often than a guy who is at his level should. Of course there is the spot on Raw a few months back where he straight up missed the catch on Truth's plancha. There was a match before EC with all the competitors minus Punk(it may have been the same match) and at one point you could see him very late on a spot that made Jericho and Kofi look bad, and another instance where you could hear and see him call for a spot. Its things that in this day and age a guy who has been world champ shouldn't be doing.

Another issue is his look. He isn't a guy who you look at and think "Man that guy could kick my ass". There are other guys who have the same issue, Bryan being one of them, but they make up for it by having a very unique move set. Plus the fauxhawk he has sometimes doesn't help.

He is a guy who is a very good upper midcarder, and has the potential to break back into the main event scene full time, but right now I have no issue with how he is being used. Maybe they could use him more often but being a jobber to the stars isn't a bad spot considering he is probably going to be taking time off soon for The Marine 3 and he will probably get a solid push once he comes back

I think he's a pretty good heel. He definitely has the cocky douchebag thing going for him. I'm not really sold on him as a babyface though. They definitely need to do something with him outside of jobbing him allover the place.

bit hard to have positive opinions when he is buried each week.
when he was getting his push away from JoMo i had high praise for him and still do think he has that IT factor when it comes to being a cocky heel like a Jericho, his mic work is a bit 50/50 but he has the catchphrases and in ring he's not bad.

He just needs to refresh, that whole yelling everything like's he's some super tough guy doesn't work when he clearly isn't a heavyweight, it worked for Crash Holly but he was hilarious, Miz is too "serious"

overall Miz has the capability of being in the main events from time to time just not permanently and not a long running world champ, definately a 2nd tier champ though.

I think the Miz is one of the best guys the WWE has. Of course, right now he is not an important part of the show and is jobbing left and right - getting buried as some people like to say (even though that's not true - getting buried means he gets damaged beyond repair - which is definitely not the case). There can be no doubt he is on the WWE's back burner right now, but that's OK. Let's not forget that wrestling is *gasp* fake and that the main audiences' attention span and memory is about as short as a butterfly's fart.

You know what other former WWE champion was on the WWE's back burner for a long time (even missing Wrestlemania completely) only to reenter the main event picture hotter than ever? Sheamus.

It's all about being at the right place at the right time. Right now the focus is on other guys because there is only so many top spots. But Miz will be back on top again. There is no doubt in my mind. A Miz-Punk war of words would be epic.

Miz is OK for now. Yes, I do think that after winning the match for Big Johnny at Mania, he could've had a bit of push, may be a US title run. Didn't work out though. The guy has talent, pretty good on mic and not bad in ring. I am pretty sure he'll bounce back and will be part of ME on a more regular basis. I think a move to SD won't be a bad idea.

I love the miz's work, I really was interested when he was the WWE champ and apart from punk and bryan I haven't cared who has been champion I really like del rio but Miz I think would be the perfect person to throw in the mix of the world heavyweight championship story line, have him say I was the most just see wwe champ and now I have to become the most must see whc then del rio could talk about how he is a better wrestler then johnny joins in all teaming on shamus then he loses the strap and del rio and miz enter a feud ending with mix becoming champ :), that's the bottom line because stone cold Steve austin said it

I dont think you want my HONEST opinion on the miz. But i have soemthing I call a "Bastion Booger" categroy for wrestlers, some refer to it as a "Shockmaster" category, basically a complete joke, what some get mad and say santino is.

Well The Miz falls just barely above that to me w/ the likes of Big Daddy V, MVP and The Great Khali. Where they are all jokes and pretty terrible but there just barely credible as a opponent because of size or a title reign. Basically what everyone thinks of Tensai, boring, irrelevant heel with not much credibility.

P.S.> Survivor Series Buy Rates! WAHAHA!

My honest thoughts on The Miz?

I have mixed thoughts on him. I'll start with the negative. He should NEVER have been pushed above John Morrison. Morrison was the better of the two in their tag team in every single category other than mic skills, which can be taught. In-ring ability, appearance, and believability as champion are MUCH tougher to change than mic skills. Each time Miz faced Morrison, he was booked stronger, and I disagreed every single time. Other than his mic skills and devotion to the company he had little to offer. I was livid when he became WWE Champion, and nearly joined my wife in her boycott of WWE that lasted until he lost the title. Not only did I feel he was not believable as champion, he got the push ahead of others who deserved it more. To this day I still do not think he is championship material other than the midcard titles.

Now for the positives. He does a lot of publicity appearances for WWE. He also was a legit fan who lived his dream of becoming WWE Champion against all odds. I give him all the credit in the world for that. WWE booked him to RETAIN the WWE CHAMPIONSHIP at WRESTLEMANIA against CENA. They need to follow through with that push and keep him as a top guy, otherwise we sat through his push for nothing. The guy does try and he clearly wants to improve, so I no longer hate him like I did a few years ago. While not a waste of a roster space, I just never thought he was world title material. The publicity work he does and the effort he puts in are matched by few, which is a good thing.

I'll start with the negative. He should NEVER have been pushed above John Morrison. Morrison was the better of the two in their tag team in every single category other than mic skills, which can be taught. In-ring ability, appearance, and believability as champion are MUCH tougher to change than mic skills. Each time Miz faced Morrison, he was booked stronger, and I disagreed every single time

Even tho your entitled to your opinion I'll have to disagree with ya here Dagger.

Now I won't contest that Morrison isn't more athletically gifted then the Miz, it's a no contest there, but as far as all around ring presence and little things, Miz out shined Morrison. Take this clip for example
[YOUTUBE]ZNu5Mkk3DJ0[/YOUTUBE]
He oozes charisma and is well rounded in the ring. Morrision is just an acrobat with no presence at all, I'd compare him to Shelton Benjamin but I feel that would be a slight to Shelton as at least at one time I was invested in him.

I think this topic pretty sums up the hypocrocy in wrestling fans. Most people agree that The Miz is talented, yet, he's not "believable" because of his size. Yeah, so what? Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, the list goes on & on about smaller guys who made it because of TALENT. That's applying an excuse that has NOTHING to do with the problem.

Honestly, The Miz is another newer talent that has become a casualty of WWE's political machine and how they deal with start-and-stop pushes. Guys like Drew McIntyre, Sheamus[although a champion now, remember "KING" Sheamus?], Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, and again the list goes on and on. Guys get a shot at becoming top new stars and WWE half-asses it, doesn't give them the full chance, and deems them failures. It's the time period of wrestling too, in all fairness to the WWE. They don't bring in the numbers they used to, so, when guys are given chances they are deemed "failures" because the ratings are awful. When in actuality, it probably wouldn't matter who was main-eventing since wrestling has been in a slump for some time now. So, those newer talents are being blamed and depushed for no real valid reason. And The Miz is the prime example of that. No matter what you think about Miz being greatly talented or whether he flat out sucks, you have to admit, that's poor booking and misuse of talent. He struck a nerve with fans and that's what WWE superstars are supposed to do.

Hopefully, WWE will bring Miz back on TV after he finishes Marine 3 and will actually use him as a main eventer again. I'm doubtful about it, though.

I wonder if it counts as spam to just blow a big raspberry when it comes to my opinions of the Miz - lets see.

THPFFTFFTPHFFFFT

Meh, doesn't do it justice. He may have been utilized because he "brings in" a mainstream audience - but the real world fans dont account for very much. I can be okay with him wrestling, it's nothing special but it isnt John Heidenreich bad afterall, but I'm much happier if he doesn't go on the mic.

I don't care for Miz. He is boring on the mic and below average in the ring (god his soft strikes annoy me). I don't think I have ever fully forgiven him for not even attempting to catch R-Truth.

That being said, I can see why he should be around. He draws a reaction from the audience which is more than a lot of guys can say. I dont have a problem with him being a top mid-card guy, but keep him out of the world title picture.

I feel bad for THE MIZ...

In my opinion he held the WWE Championship really well. He has all the tools and catchphrases to be a sustainable star. I personally enjoyed his run compared to CM PUNKs current reign. The only thing is that CM PUNK has been getting interesting opponents. If you replace Punk with Miz these past 6 months, I'd bet the house that Miz would have kept it at worst! Just as interesting.

Honestly, I can't stand the Miz. I don't have the big issue with believability that most of the IWC seems to have, but I believe that smaller guys should have exponentially more flashy moves than the big guys, to make up for the lack of power. I don't think the Miz's boring offence (not including the SCF) matches his over-the-top character.

IMO, his title reign last year went on well past its sell-by date. I got so sick of hearing that whiny little bitch and his lackey, Cole, spewing the same catchphrases over and over and over (albeit superbly delivered). I believe Cole was instrumental in getting Miz heat, but the two of them together was just too annoying for me. I really enjoyed the nice, long break that Uncle Vince gave us from the Miz.

The Miz has pretty much hit ranks after main eventing Wrestlemania with John Cena also involving The Rock for the WWE championship and also beating him, it's a shame they had to depromote him soon after that big match.

The Miz had a good run with the WWE title and good feuds with Orton, Cena (Rock also somewhat) and Morrison. I also enjoyed his midcard feud with Daniel Bryan.

IMO, The Miz can be an excellent stable member. They should promote him to the main event once he returns and put him in a long feud against CM Punk or Daniel Bryan.

How do you drop a ball on your Wrestlemania main eventer one year ago and then all of a sudden push Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio and Daniel Bryan ahead of him.

Yeah he may not be as good as a wrestler like them but he was an established main eventer and wrestling skills are not always the top priority in WWE.

His feud wtih Alex Riley was a waste and helped no one but instead bury The Miz.

To be honest, I forgot he hasn’t been or TV for a while. Hope he doesn’t comeback. There are too many other people better than him that should get the push.
I mean he does nothing on trying to improve his character. I mean really how hard of an idea was it to take the "W" in WWE and turn it upside down to make it an "M". And what about the REALLY REALLY REALLY. That is just embarrassing, REALLY. Look how people like Cody, Ziggler, Ryder (yes Ryder, the guy that wasn’t even on TV at one point) changes it up. I rather see AJ go crazy then Miz wrestle anybody. Face it, if it wasn’t for the people he vs or feuded with he would be irrelevant.

Good worker but I'm just not a fan. I never really got behind the Miz and I always gave him a chance. I don't like him or his work. But I can appreciate the effort he puts into his matches and that he has his fair share of ''mizfits''. And it's not because of the reality aspect because thats just unfair. I remember fans talking about how shit this guy was back in ECW. And how Morrison was going to be the breakout of that team. Miz is a guy who always had haters. In AND outside the ring. Guys like JBL and Triple H never saw much in him and I read reports that many people in the back used to rib him a lot. I can't say if that's true but I recently watched a video on youtube where JBL confirmed that he hazed the Miz. Fucking asshole. But yeah like I said, great worker but his gimmick sucks. He has a character but it's not grown on me AT ALL. I think Miz fits great into a role where they push him in the main event but not to the top. Somewhat like a Christian or a Bully Ray. You don't always have to be in the main event to be entertaining. I think Miz gained a lot of fans when he was feuding agains Cena and thats where he got momentum. Until the banger called the Vince Mcmahon degraded him to a Jobber, and blamed the SS buyrate on him. I think Miz never catches a break in that company. BUT I think he's dating Maryse so maybe he got somewhat lucky along the lines eh... *wink wink*

I'm a fan of The Miz, he is not Daniel Bryan in the ring, but he isn't the worst in the ring. I think he is a great mic worker, when he wants to be. He knows how to cut a good promo. He is a great worker. I was kinda mad that Vince blamed the Survivor Series buyrate on him. Then he went from Awesome Truth to jobbing to Brodus Clay. Hopefully when he comes back from shooting The Marine 3 he'll atleast get some type of push. I am one of the Mizfits. I could never see him falling this low from being WWE Champion.

The Miz is a one hit wonder. He's the Dexty's Midnight Runner's of the WWE. That band sang 'Come On Eileen', btw. Youtube it and thank me later.

Anyway, Miz has simply ran his course. His catchphrases are stale, his act is stale, and his in-ring work has ALWAYS been stale. You can compensate in certain aspects if you lack something. If you don't speak well, you better damn well be the next Lou Thesz. If you suck in the ring, you better be a poet on the microphone. If you suck at both of those things, you better look like something no one's ever seen before.

Miz is vanilla. He's the stereotypical mid-card heel. Whines, cries, and gets his tail kicked every time he gets in the ring. Thing is, he doesn't engage the audience like he used to, and his signature moves aren't exciting. No one gets amped up when he hits the Stroke...err I mean the Skull Crushing Finale. Nor do they get amped up when he does his clothesline into the corner and sits down and stares at people... thing. He's ran his course and he never really was that good in the first place.

You can thank Vince McMahon for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back