• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your favorite Patriotic song

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
[youtube]ruNrdmjcNTc[/youtube]​

I consider myself a patriot and I enjoy plenty of good Patriotic songs. My favorite happens to be this one. For those that don't know Toby Kieth recorded this song in response to the 9/11 attacks. As someone who has tried to join the army and has a friend over sees this song brings a tear to my eye every time I hear it. When you add in the fact that this is one of the few country songs that I like then it's pretty obvious why it's my favorite.​

I know that a lot of the Posters from WZ are not from the US so it can be a patriotic song from whatever country you live in.​

Ryan Adams did not intend for "New York, New York" to become a big song for the United States but that's what happened. It was shot four days before 9/11 and in the video he's preforming with the World Trade Center in the background so it was inevitable that this song would be picked up and put into heavy rotation. I mean, a guy professing his love for New York (in a very catchy way I must admit) was exactly the kind of song that people wanted to hear. Plus, the fact that he recorded it before New York was even attacked makes his words that much more meaningful. He didn't write this out of anger or with the idea of making money off of people's heartbreaks, he wrote it because he loved New York and lived there for a long time (recently moved to L.A.). Being in my top 5 artists of all-time makes it all to easy to like this song.

[YOUTUBE]hmHgY_J63Ik[/YOUTUBE]

America the Beautiful

This is a simple song, and for that I love it. I've heard may versions over the years. I enjoyed Aretha Franklin's and Ray Charles' versions.

I'm not Canadian, but the Canadian national anthem, O Canada is a beautiful song. One of my favorites that I got used to as a kid watching Hockey Night in Canada.

Well i've gotta go with Ray Charles's version, it gives me goosebumps everytime I listen it's so perfect. I love Ray's voice and no song brings a smile to my face better than this, I remember hearing this version for the first time as a kid while watching The Sandlot, so beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Wt4XlXUrc&feature=related

Also I have to add My Beautiful America by Charlie Daniels, there's just something about this song that feels so pure and refreshing. It really does make you think about how beautiful our country really is and all the amazing things it has to offer. God Bless America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgZfKkLAnOY

It may not be classed as a real "Patriotic" song, but it makes me love England even more than I do.

[YOUTUBE]ROj_1R36lX0[/YOUTUBE]

The first time I heard it was on a new Clash compilation CD I had bought. I was just driving off the Ferry from France to England, and as I touched English turf again this song came on. It was absolutely perfect. I am very proud to be English, I am really glad I am from such a great nation and the chorus of this song is just brilliant.

THIS IS ENGLAND

I hate patriotism. I despise it on all levels. Yeah, good start for an answer to the question "what is your favourite patriotic song?". However, there is one I can think of off the top of my head and it's this.

[YOUTUBE]WAHgw07M5vU[/YOUTUBE]​

I'm not sure how far this song is patriotic as England isn't a country in the same way that the USA or the Comoros is. It isn't a sovereign state. But that's just me being particular. That said, I will give a non-spam analysis forthwith.

Billy Bragg is one of my favourite artists. I love this song because it subvertive. It embraces nationalism for what it is, an almalgomation of different cultures to produce a new one. It doesn't look at England through rose-tinted spectacles. It doesn't claim that it's something it's not. It's about accepting England and accepting being English. It's a rallying cry against far right movements who have a messed up view of patriotism and nationality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back