• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Favorite Backlash?

Which Backlash PPV was the best?

• Backlash 1999

• Backlash 2000

• Backlash 2001

• Backlash 2002

• Backlash 2003

• Backlash 2004

• Backlash 2005

• Backlash 2006

• Backlash 2007

• Backlash 2008

• Backlash 2009

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sharpshooter51

Dark Match Winner
So, this is my first thread, and while I'm 90% sure I am posting it in the right location I am not sure if it has been done before.

With the WWE getting rid of the Backlash PPV, my question is simple, which Backlash PPV was your favourite and Why?

My answer:

Backlash 2001 for two reasons:

I'm a huge Matt Hardy mark and Matt captured the European title at the 2001 event setting off a rather long European title reign.

The Kurt Angle/Chris Benoit ultimate submission match is a fairly enjoyable match to me.

so once again, you're favorite Backlash PPV and why?

I liked 2005. There was a great opening match featuring Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin. There was also a good last man standing between Chris Benoit and Edge. Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels teamed up for the first time and Triple H and Batista gave us a decent WrestleMania rematch. Solid show.

I agree 2001 was one of the best Backlash's by far. My personal fav hardcore title match (Raven v Rhyno) took place at that ppv. The shopping cart spot during that match was sweet.

My favorite, was Backlash 1999. http://www.hoffco-inc.com/wwe/ppv/ppv/bkl99.html

Boiler Room Brawl- Mankind vs The Big Show.

WWF World Heavyweight Championship - No Holds Barred Match
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin -Champion vs The Rock
This was mainly a bout for Austin to regain his "Smoking Skull Belt" from the Rock.

And then, one of my favorite segments ever: the Undertaker takes the McMahon limo with Stephanie in the back.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrNx_VDmn-8

I'll go with Backlash 04, mainly due to Randy Orton vs Cactus Jack in the hardcore match. That match showed us Randy could hang even with the toughest of'em, and made me a fan of "The Legend Killer" [Damn that was so long ago.] I also loved the Main Event, Benoit VS Michaels VS HHH; a very good rematch from WMXX.

I also would like to 2nd Backlash 06 for only 2 reasons. RVD vs Benjamin; whoever won, won the guy's title [MITB for RVD and Intercontinental Title for Shelton.]. That match for some reason just made my night; Shelton is a great athlete and he gave RVD a good match. The other match being, the Triple Threat between HHH, Edge, and Cena. Other then that, the matches on 06 weren't all THAT great. [EG: HBK Teaming with God...... cmon.]

Backlash 2000. After months of being screwed over, The Rock FINALLY won the WWF championship! That alone makes it my favorite. The excitement I felt that day was something that still to this day has not been matched

I think it was 2001. With the main event of with The Brothers of Destruction (WWF Tag Champs) Vs Stone Cold (WWF Champ) and Triple H (Intercontinental Champ) for all the titles. The Undercard was great too.

For me without a doubt it's Backlash 1999, but I suppose I'm a bit biased there because I was there at Backlash 99, and it was the best damn wrestling show I've ever seen in my life, mainly because of the main event of The Rock and Austin in the heat of their rivalry in what I believe is their best match. Just a great show all around and one that I have alot of really good memories tied with. Easy choice for me.

Backlash 99: Austin vs Rock... build up was great and this is by far one of my favorite, if not THE favorite Austin/Rock match of all time for me.

Backlash 2000 was great too. Austin returned and Rock won the title. I marked out huuuuge.

I actually like backlash 2009 the best. Look at the card: Edge Vs John Cena last man standing match, Triple H,Batista and Shane Mcmahon Vs Legacy, Jericho Vs Steamboat and Matt Vs Jeff I quit match. Nearly all of these matches live up to their hype and the main event was one of the best matches of 2009

Backlash 2006 was the very first PPV i ever watched and it got me started on wrestling. Also, HBK (and god) vs the mcmahons was, all in all, a great match. if not a little weird. that definatly made me a shawn michaels fan. Seeing him beat two men, be busted open and still be crazy enough to try and put them both through a table was epic. i wondered if he wanted to end it. and the other matches were pretty solid too i have to say. carlito and masters had a good match, ric put over umaga well. Shelton/RVD was good, crazy Mickie James vs Trish, and kane vs big show was pretty scary for me. So all in all, my favorite backlash. im going to miss it though, i always look forward to it.

My favourite is Backlash 2007. It was a very solid card from beginning to end. Only having six matches helped enormously because every match got a good amount of time, including the rarity that is a 15 minute tag team championship match. The two main events were also very good. The last man standing match was extremely physical and the fatal four way match was fast paced and had a brilliant finish. Great show.

I personally really enjoyed 2009. Solid all round card. Everything was well booked and had meaning and it was the first time since he returned that Chrsitian met Edge. That was pretty awsome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back