Your dirty little MP3 secret

Discussion in 'The Media Hub' started by Hyorinmaru, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Hyorinmaru

Hyorinmaru Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens

Everyone has that genre or 2 that they don't care for but have a few songs from those genres.

For me it Rap/Hip Hop & Country. For the most part 99.9% of both those genres I can't stand. I don't go out of my way to listen to them but I have found a few gems I like from listening to them while with my friends.

In the Rap/Hip Hop genre it's Empire State of mind by Jay Z with Alicia Keys and Internationally known by Supernatural. I don't know what these songs have that the others don't but I put both of these on my MP3 player and listen to them any chance I get.

Country is a bit different in that while I don't like it I grew up on Alan Jackson so his old stuff from the 90s while I was growing up gets a lot of play time on my MP3 player. Then there's Toby Keith unlike Alan Jackson there's only 2 songs of his on my MP3 player and those are I wanna talk about me and Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue. Unlike the 2 rap songs I know exactly what it is about these songs I enjoy. I do love talking about me and I love this country.

What songs do you have from genres you don't care for?

2. Alex

Alex King Of The Wasteland

I'm proud of what's on my ipod and I don't care what people think.

Although people do give me WTF looks and reactions when they see certain things on my ipod.

Being a predominantly metal and hard rock guy people are always taken aback when they see pop stuff like Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson, Lionel Ritchie, Whitney Houston etc on my ipod but I don't give a shit I love that stuff.

However if there's a genre I'm not particularly fussed about it's modern RnB/Rap. The majority of the time the lyrics are meh and the beats are incredibly lazy it sounds like they did it in five minutes. I don't know if it counts or not as it's a remix but I absolutely love the Korn remix of Rihanna's Bitch Better Have My Money. Essentially it's Rihanna's vocals over the top of a Korn riff, but it fits really well. This essentially shows the laziness of most modern rap/RnB producers when five guys in a band can mess around in a studio and create a better backing track than the one the producer of the song came up with.

[YOUTUBE]Pgcpuu7xC3g[/YOUTUBE]

3. Bagpipes

Bagpipes Top Guys Out

I did a quick shuffle on my phone's MP3 player, here's a snapshot of about 10 songs:

Behemoth
    Dr. Dre
    Warbringer
    SLAYER
    Eminem
    Cannibal Corpse
    Anti-Flag
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Toxic Holocaust
    Notorious B.I.G.
    Napalm Death
    R.E.M.
    Dio
    Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
    GWAR
    Black Sabbath

So I guess 90s gangster rap and alt rock. There's also this like indie country/rockabilly band called Drive By Truckers that I like a a lot.

4. Hollywood Naitch

Hollywood Naitch The current reigning and defending

I have close to 9,000 tracks on my iPod from pretty much any genre that you can think of- ranging from Indie Rock to Gangsta Rap, to Reggae, Grunge and Trance. However I do like cheesy 1990 boybands!

I have quite a few songs from the likes of 5ive, Backstreet Boys on the iPod, and will happily tell anyone that I love them. There's also a couple of Spice Girls songs on there, plus lots of 80s cheesy pop. At the end of the day, you just listen to what you like. If I want to hear "I Want It That Way" by Backstreet Boys immediately after listening to "Walk" by Pantera, I will. Or, if I want to sing along to "Bailamos" by Enrique Iglesias straight after "Natural Born Killaz" by Dre & Ice Cube or "Davidian" by Machine Head, then I fucking will. Fuck what anyone else thinks.

I've just shuffled my iPod, this is the first 10 songs that came up:

1. Slipknot- Wait & Bleed
    2. Ice Cube- Hello
    3. Black Label Soicety- 13 Years Of Grief
    4. Michael Jackson- Bad
    5. Nirvana- You Know You're Right
    6. 2Pac- Hail Mary
    7. The Stone Roses- Sally Cinnamon
    8. 5ive- Slam Dunk The Funk
    9. Dido- Hunter
    10. Killswitch Engage- My Last Seranade

So, as you can see...it's pretty varied! And I love it all.

5. SHAGAMANIA 3:16

SHAGAMANIA 3:16 Occasional Pre-Show

I like pretty much everything except for current pop music and modern country music.

This would be a guilty pleasure of mine. Don't give a what anybody else thinks.

[YOUTUBE]dQw4w9WgXcQ[/YOUTUBE]