You pick the IC and US Champions

• Thread starter Rated_R_4_Royal_Rumble
  • Start date
R

Rated_R_4_Royal_Rumble

I kinda stole this idea from 6ix but it was a good idea. In this thread instead of choosing the World Heavyweight and WWE champions you choose the Intercontinental and United States Champions. Same rules apply. The Intercontinental Champion you choose can have never held the Intercontinental Championship and can't be the current champion. But he can have held the United States or ECW titles. Same rules go for the US title. Here are my choices to start things off.

Intercontinental Championship​
intercontinentalchampionship.jpg

I would choose R-Truth for this one he is a former TNA champion which is nice and all but he is really starting to get over with the WWE crowd. His entrance is fun and really good for crowd interaction. Creative seems to be behind him too. This guy deserves a championship in his WWE career and I think the Intercontinental Title would be a great choice.

United States Championship​
Uschampionship.jpg

My choice for United States Champion is The All American American Jack Swagger. He is a former ECW Champion. He is pretty over with the smark crowd if that means anything lol. But it seems like WWE wants to still push this guy but just don't know where to put him. The U.S title goes great with his gimmick too. How awesome does the All American American United States Champion sound? lol So my choice for US Champion is Jack Swagger.

I would also have to pick R-Truth for the IC belt. He is over with the crowd, and with WWE's PG rated friendly show, he's a perfect guy for the kids. He comes out rapping, and gettin the crowd to sing his theme. He's a pretty decent ring worker, and is a guy who can consistently put on good matches. He has the charisma, and a run with the IC belt could show whether he is main event material or not.

With the U.S. belt, I would have to pick Cody Rhodes. Now Ted seems like the logical choice, but it looks like he's going to get the push towards the main event with his feud with Orton. A run with the US belt would be what Rhodes needs, and again could help elevate him on a singles run. He still is a bit bland, but he has improved a lot since being with Orton, and a run could prove that he's more than just a lackey to Orton.

IC- Matt cause he needs something and has held the ECW title and US title not the IC title. He is not that bad in the ring and pretty good mic skills.

US- Kane cause he is doing nothing and held the ECW title and IC title but not the US title. He can pull of them clothesline off the top rope. He can have good mic skills, and a nice character and gimmick.

First of im glad you like my thread Rated_R_4_Royal_Rumble but i wound like to be informed considering i was going to make this thread next.

IC Title
Ron the Truth Killings(R-Truth)
Im still no a fan of the new name but am a fan off him.He was great in TNA and i hope he gets a push soon.his matchs are alway good and he has near Rey Rey fan reaction.I would love to see him take it from Drew
(Runner Up:Matt Mardy)

U.S Title
Evan Bourne is crazy exciting.He may be small and has little but he could add well needed speed to the mid-card.I also can see Miz V.S Bourne as a pretty good match.
(Runner Up:Ted DiBiase)

I like Swagger alot, but I'm not so high on R-Truth. I think R-Truth has done everything he's ever going to do in WWE.

For Intercontinental Champion, I will pick Ted DiBiase.

For US Champion, I'll take Cody Rhodes.

It's time to give these guys their time as singles competitors to see what they can do. They've worked high profile main event matches, but never got a shot to hold gold. (Deuce and Domino held the tag titles! Seriously!) Obviously Ted looks like he's going to get the spotlight with a high profile match with Orton, so he can stay on RAW as IC champion. Cody will probably be traded to SD! at the next draft, so US title is a good bump for him.

I think Cody Rhodes is underrated, I don't think MVP should go after the US title, it would only lower his status, my pick for US Champ, Legacy member Cody Rhodes (what better way to leave behind a legacy! His dad was one of the best US Champ, why not him?)

I think a lot of politics come into play with Drew being the current IC champ, I for one think he's a lot like Barry Windham when Barry Windham was a horseman, So, my opinion is, if Drew isn't IC champ, Dibiase or Shelton!

This is a very cool topic. It's a bit harder than the World Champion one since these are basically now the start of someones big push instead of the crowning moment of it.

Anyway, for me it would be:

US: R-Truth
He is very, very good and they finally seem to be getting him some sort of push. He's a bit one dimensional as I can't see him being heel but we've had a long run with a heel champion who's done a great job so why not a face? He could bring a level of excitement to the title just because his matches tend to be among the most high paced and exciting. He probably couldn't touch The Miz on the mic but he might not need to if his ring work can make up for it. (Runner-up: Bryan Danielson)

IC: The Miz
I don't think he's ready for the big title yet but this could be his final step. He's proven he's got the talent with his current run and this would solidify him, in my opinion, as a force throughout the entire WWE, especially if he's traded to Smackdown. All he needs is a run similar to what he's had with the US title and we've got a new main eventer on our hands.

The US Title:
For the US title I would love to see Cody Rhodes get a run with it as a heel. I feel for some reason Cody is going to be the bigger star than Ted Jr. due to the fact he isn't rumored to get skyrocketed into a feud with Orton. I think if you give Cody the belt he could develop as a great heel overtime, maybe even have Goldust drop the Goldust gimmick and manage his younger brother.
Runner Ups- Evan Bourne, and Chris Masters

The IC Title:
If we aren't taking into consideration which show the superstars are on, I say Jack Swagger. Jack Swagger has every thing a future top heel needs, size, talent, and can get heat(face it he can pull off the cockyness). I actually see Swagger getting moved to Smackdown in the near future and this belt could be a option for him.
Runner Ups- R-Truth, and Dolph Ziggler

IC: R-Truth
Damn is he over for a guy who has had absolutely no push of any kind since his debut. He's essentially a glorified jobber, but the fans love him. Time to reward him with a belt.

US: Miz
Miz is Awesome. he needs to keep the belt for a nice, long reign to fully establish himself as a guy to be reckoned with. He's got the mic skills, the ring ability, the charisma, the look, now he just needs to be taken seriously.

IC: I have to go with someone who really deserves it and that person is... Matt Hardy. He is hard working and has the skills in the ring to put on good matches for the title. Plus I hate his current role as jobber.
(runner ups: Kane and R-truth)

US: This one for me could go a couple ways. I'll go with Jack Swagger. He deserves a title and I see him as the future of the WWE and a world title holder. In ring is great, matches are good and he has the size. He also has been an ECW champion and I'm sick of that title not meaning anything outside of ECW.
(runner up: Mark Henry *as a heel*)

I would have to agree with most of you and put one of the titles on Jack Swagger and It would have to be the US, because that is the one on Raw and you wanna push Swagger you keep him on the A show not demote him to the B show on Smackdown. I feel that he should of been the one to get the push over Cena for the World Title he was more ready and it would have helped him more than it did Sheamus.

Runner up: Ted Jr. first off this guy is going to be a future World Champion but in order to be credible he needs a midcard title otherwise people will be skeptical like they are or atleast i am on Sheamus.

IC champion:

I think R-truth I have like this guy since he came in as K-kwik and his time in TNA, but the only thing is I don't think he is pushable past the midcard division and if the title is suppose to be a stepping stone to the world title than he is not the guy, but if someone is needed to hold the title for a long run I think he is perfect.

Runner up: Christian the only reason he is runner up is cause he isn't on smackdown otherwise he would be my choice, I think with the rumored cancelation of ECW it would be the perfect time to move Christian to smackdown, as much as I would love to see him on Raw hes presence on raw would only stall people like Ted and swagger on smackdown he could help carry the face side and be a huge face steping in for the often injured Rey and the always on Vacation Undertaker. he would also add legitimacy to the IC title and could eventual move up and mainevent when needed.

Intercontinental Championship: Ted DiBiase. I'm a huge fan of Ted, I think he has way more potential than Rhodes, and its clear Ted's getting his main event push. Randy Orton won the IC title while with Evolution, so it seems only right that DiBiase pattern after him.

United States Championship: Rey Mysterio. Rey lost the IC title because of his fluky drug-suspension, but I always felt that Rey deserved a long title run. He works hard, the fans love him, he's a professional. Everybody respects Rey Mysterio. And besides, the US title is best represented by a face.

Intercontinental Championship I would give to Charlie Haas, and build him up as a wrestling machine, as he very well could be. I think giving him an babyface american gimmick and feuding him with Drew McIntyre would be very interesting, he just has never been given great opportunity in singles career.

United States Championship i would give the title to "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters and have Eve Torres has his valet. He could be unstoppable with Eve in his corner, almost like a Savage/Elizabeth pairing. He could fued with The Miz who tried to hit on Eve and use heel tacts, but ultimatly have Masters come out on top

My options are:

Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental Championship because he is a very young talented atlethe and he deserved a IC reign vor a very long time. He has numerous matches against Mysterio and Morrison but he never capitalizated. He is better than McIntyre and he deserve to hold this title.
(Runner Up: R-Truth)

Cody Rhodes for the United States Championship because he is a great cocky superstar and a good heel. He is the son of the American Dream Dusty Rhodes who is well known for US title reigns. If DiBiase will be pushed for World Title matches, I think that Cody Rhodes will fit perfect with the US title on his shoulder.
(Runner Up: Jack Swagger/Evan Bourne)

Well i think people are jumping on the truth and cody rhodes wagon a little too much and im not saying that because i dont think they are good wrestlers it just seems like the wwe is doing a lot of pump faking with people. I saw someone put charlie haas up and I think he is a good choice but personally i think he and paul burchill would make an outstanding tag team something in the mold of the old minnesota wrecking crew.
that being said here are my picks.

IC Title: Mike Knox. I know this may sound a little crazy but if you watch smackdown week after week for a big man Knox has been giving the best matches. Let him get on a hot streak by beating Finlay , Mysterio and then have a face turn when he and McIntyre Tag against Finlay and Morrison when Drew accidentally hits him. Have him challenge the next week and beat drew for the tittle and hold it for 6-8 months beating contender after contender to give him credibility.

US Title: I actually think the Miz is a fine us champion right now and is having an excellent run, The contenders that are out there right now realistically include Swagger,Dibiase,Kingston, and MVP and if I had to pick one as much as i hate jumping on bandwagons it would have to be DiBiase, but not right now. Let DiBiase have his fued with orton and win or lose at wrestlemania he is not ready to be thrust into main event status. Let the miz hold it till the Pay per view after wm and have dibiase win a #1 contenders tournament. Beat miz for the tittle and let his reign go for a couple months ,drop it to a top contender and gain it back fairly quickly. Have him stay in the us tittle picture for a year facing different champions and contenders and then you'll get a read on if he's main event material.

IC title: Big Show
I would stick this title on Big Show to get some credibility back to the belt and start him on a feud with John Morrison. They could work a great program since both are really strong in the mic and I believe their styles would mesh fantastically in the ring. An IC feud with Big Show holding the title and JoMo chasing it could definitely elevate Morrison to the next level.

MacIntyre? Fire his ass -.-

US title: The Miz

I would keep the title on The Miz but turn him face in the weeks leading up to WrestleMania and then have him feud with Jericho over the US title for the rest of the year. The mic stuff would be gold and the in-ring action would be amazing.

Intercontinental Title

R-Truth, definately. Big things seem to be happening to this guy, Drew isn't really doing much and no one in the audience cares about him. So give it to R-Truth, crowd goes nuts for him, he is entertaining so why not?

United States Title

I think it is just fine on the shoulders of the Miz right now, but when the time comes I'd like to see maybe a face Ted Dibiase Jr win it from him.

Intercontinental Championship

Dolph Ziggler, I think not winning the IC Championship after all them matches made him in to the jobber he seems to be now and a run with the IC could elevate him to a upper carder

Ted Dibiase, Would make a amazing IC Champ and could do the same thing the IC Title did for Randy Orton

United States Championship

My choices go to John Morrison and Jack Swagger, firstly i want JoMo to be a main eventer but if he gets the US Title he has held every WWE title with the exception of the two world titles which im sure he will get in the future, so thats the only reason really lol.

Jack Swagger because i think he would make a perfect US Champion as some guy said earlier it would fit PERFECTLY with his gimmick and like i said with Dolph Ziggler before it can change him to a upper mid carder again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back