You Might Not Like It But Reigns Just Made WWE Interesting Again

Maybe, but why? I don't get it. Because he can't talk? Bryan isn't exactly CM Punk, Ambrose just screams and Ziggler can't talk, either.

I just don't get how fans can hate Reigns out of nowhere. At this time last year, he was getting monster pops. I think it's more about Daniel Bryan, especially after Rocky got booed out of the building.

I don't understand the smark love for Daniel Bryan, to be honest. One of the biggest bitches they have about Roman Reigns is that he can't talk. Daniel Bryan is amongst the very worst talkers the WWE has. The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

I don't understand the smark love for Daniel Bryan, to be honest. One of the biggest bitches they have about Roman Reigns is that he can't talk. Daniel Bryan is amongst the very worst talkers the WWE has. The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

But Bryan's a better wrestler. Bret Hart wasn't exactly Cassanova on the mic either

Honestly while Bryan isn't exactly a charismatic stallion on the mic he's got a fluidity that Reigns doesn't have (that might be do to shitty writing for Reigns though)

But Bryan's a better wrestler. Bret Hart wasn't exactly Cassanova on the mic either

Honestly while Bryan isn't exactly a charismatic stallion on the mic he's got a fluidity that Reigns doesn't have (that might be do to shitty writing for Reigns though)

Bryan's promos are just as forced as Reigns. He's really, really bad at acting. He cannot convey emotion in a realistic manner whatsoever.

And in-ring ability is wildly overrated. Bret Hart might be the best in-ring talent ever, but his ability to draw is amongst the very worst in WWE top guy history. Nobody ever considers this point in why they are so hesitant to pull the strings on a sustained push for Daniel Bryan.

Bryan's promos are just as forced as Reigns. He's really, really bad at acting. He cannot convey emotion in a realistic manner whatsoever.

And in-ring ability is wildly overrated. Bret Hart might be the best in-ring talent ever, but his ability to draw is amongst the very worst in WWE top guy history. Nobody ever considers this point in why they are so hesitant to pull the strings on a sustained push for Daniel Bryan.

He never got a real run and he has cut amazing promos such as his whc run and feud with cena

If you think Daniel Bryan has ever cut an amazing promo, your standards for amazing promos are the lowest in IWC history.

He has cut Great passionate promos and has charisma something pretty boys like reigns doesn't have and neither does your avatar Batista who could only cut heel promos and was terrible as a face.

He has cut Great passionate promos and has charisma something pretty boys like reigns doesn't have and neither does your avatar Batista who could only cut heel promos and was terrible as a face.

Reigns has no charisma?

You aren't intelligent enough for this conversation.

Reigns has no charisma?

Seriously? Reigns gets one pop that's walking through the crowd. Anyone can do that. Do you think everyone will jerk their arms off like does in comparison to the amount of people who do the yes chant? I don't think so.

Seriously? Reigns gets one pop that's walking through the crowd. Anyone can do that. Do you think everyone will jerk their arms off like does in comparison to the amount of people who do the yes chant? I don't think so.

You don't know what charisma even means. Just. Stop.

Reigns has no charisma?

Charisma means compelling attractiveness or charm by definition. Which he has neither. There's nothing compelling about him except I guess wondering who they're jobbing out to him tonight. Seriously what are they going to do have him never face Bryan ever? He will be booed worse than philly.

Bryan is stellar on the mic, nothing Piperesque or Punkish but he works the crowd very well. So for me, he is a good promo.

I get why people who don't like Bryan have this opinion, he really isn't the most convincing actor or even speaker at times, but sometimes he nails it(the MizTv segment before SummerSlam 2013 being an excellent example of how outstanding he can be at times, not to mention basically his entire AJ Lee storyline and a majority of the Team Hell No segments and vignettes).

So I can understand someone thinking that he is not much above the middle of the pack on the roster in terms pure speaking or acting ability, but either way you must admit that he is able to engage his audience.

but this:
And in-ring ability is wildly overrated.
I just don't get. Even from a hater.

Just what do you mean by "wildly" overrated? No matter how critical you are, by any measure he is at bare minimum one of the ten best guys in the world from a strictly in-ring standpoint. And if you dare challenge that then back it up by naming ten that are categorically superior.

Just what do you mean by "wildly" overrated? No matter how critical you are, by any measure he is at bare minimum one of the ten best guys in the world from a strictly in-ring standpoint. And if you dare challenge that then back it up by naming ten that are categorically superior.

In ring ability In judging a wrestler's ability to be a draw is wildly overrated. The top draws of all time, guys like Hogan, Cena, The Rock, Austin, Taker.... are never going to be labeled in ring technicians.

In ring ability In judging a wrestler's ability to be a draw is wildly overrated. The top draws of all time, guys like Hogan, Cena, The Rock, Austin, Taker.... are never going to be labeled in ring technicians.

Actually Later in their careers for undertaker and Cena they've been good/great and Rock and Austin were very good in the ring. You also forgot the show stopper and bret hart.

Actually Later in their careers for undertaker and Cena they've been good/great and Rock and Austin were very good in the ring. You also forgot the show stopper and bret hart.

Bret Hart as the top guy damn near bankrupted the WWE. He is not, and never was, a good draw. Michaels was his opponent in those days.

In ring ability In judging a wrestler's ability to be a draw is wildly overrated.
Simple misunderstanding on my point. I thought you were challenging Bryan's in-ring abilities specifically, not the importance of in-ring skills in general. Apologies.

I do get that some wrestling fans question the merit of in-ring ability(even as impossible as it has always been for me to comprehend why else anyone would bother to watch if they didn't care about the actual match quality).

The top draws of all time, guys like Hogan, Cena, The Rock, Austin, Taker.... are never going to be labeled in ring technicians.
I will argue though that Austin(especially in his younger days) and Cena and Taker(especially in their later days) were/are elite in ring talents.

I will also point out that Taker is not one of the top draws of all time. He is no more proven to draw than guys like Hart or HBK.

Maybe, but why? I don't get it. Because he can't talk? Bryan isn't exactly CM Punk, Ambrose just screams and Ziggler can't talk, either.

I just don't get how fans can hate Reigns out of nowhere. At this time last year, he was getting monster pops. I think it's more about Daniel Bryan, especially after Rocky got booed out of the building.

Ambrose may scream on the mic but there's no denying the guy can cut a good promo. Personally I'd love to see him and Heyman go at it on the mic. :shrug:

I think most of it is about Bryan, but there is plenty of people too who would've taken Ambrose or Ziggler in that spot. I was one of the ones who could've been down for Ambrose. Ziggler not so much.

Reigns has clearly made the WWE more interesting going into WrestleMania.

If Bryan had won the Rumble it honestly may have turned off more fans than it turned on. Why? Because his redemption and grueling road to the Championship story has already been done, a few times over now. As much as some people may be very vocally fans of Bryan's wrestling ability, he may not draw money as much as other guys, or at least not for very long. Most casuals may look at him and say "he's a lawn gnome!" "not interested in seeing him battle a monster for a title!" Maybe they accepted it last year because they had not seen it before and a Bryan was at the top of his game. But to do it again, this time against a guy who has been built up stronger than Triple H, Batista and Orton combined and to have little Daniel Bryan be the one who wins or even has the CHANCE to win? May not interest too many new people.

But big, strong, intense Roman Reigns vs a big buff beast Brock Lesnar? That's a little more compelling for most viewers to take in.

It's fresh and it's new. Roman Reigns maybe isn't the best talker but if he's going into the WM Main Event you can believe every effort will go into him improving in that area. Look, Lesnar is not a great talker either. He does have Heyman but Heyman can do most of the talking for BOTH guys really and get both of them over so Reigns doesn't have to do much talking. And really, who needs a lot of talking? People want more ACTION than talking. Even if The Rock was one of the greatest talkers of all time, I still got tired of hearing him when he would go for longer than 5 or 10 minutes. Short, intense talking segments are all that is really needed.

As for action? Reigns has got it! As for the physique? Some people think he's not very big. To those people, I laugh. Seriously? He's jacked! Just because he's not wearing itty bitty trunks for you to see his legs and torso doesn't mean he isn't jacked and strong.

He matches up in height with Lesnar, he may not have the same chest width but I bet his arms would be close to the same as Lesnar and his legs would be pretty close too. They could to a tale of the tape and Reigns would match up quite well with Lesnar.

So I'm really looking forward to seeing the build towards Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns for the WWE title at WrestleMania 31! Looks like a lot of people are too because a bunch of them signed up for the Network so they can get all the WWE they need!

If you think Reigns doesn't have charisma, you do not know what charisma is.

Most don't.

Ambrose may scream on the mic but there's no denying the guy can cut a good promo. Personally I'd love to see him and Heyman go at it on the mic. :shrug:

I think most of it is about Bryan, but there is plenty of people too who would've taken Ambrose or Ziggler in that spot. I was one of the ones who could've been down for Ambrose. Ziggler not so much.

I know some people would take Ambrose over Reigns, and they'd be 100% wrong. I like Dean Ambrose, but he's more a sideshow than a main attraction.

I can't speak for anyone else, but Bryan would have been more interesting for ME.

And that's all I really care about when I watch wrestling. Fuck the "casual viewer".

And I don't get all the 'oh, well we've seen the same story with Bryan already last year'. Yeah, I'm pretty sure the story for the first x amount of Hogan main event's was the same. That went quite well. Or The story with Taker's streak. Like, this is wrestling. Recycling stories is what we do. Especially if it's a good one. Bryan and Lesnar is a really good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back