Y2J on Punk's Father

Jericho's promo was very well done. This feud needed a little something extra to make the fans care more. They are facing each other at the biggest show of the year for the WWE Championship, the most prestigious prize in pro wrestling, while both are claiming to be "the best in the world" at what they do. That's enough for a lesser show, but this is Wrestlemania. We need more than just "hey we are both the best so let's have a match". Jericho's remark about Punk's father was exactly what they needed. Now more people will care about the results of this angle and the incredible match we are in for at Wrestlemania.

Some will complain about it being too "personal" but that was a classic way of generating heel heat. You're not supposed to like the heel in a feud (even though many of us including myself do like heels) and after Jericho said rude things about Punk's family, it made the feud more relevant. Now fans have a reason to support CM Punk over Jericho. Punk's the future of WWE while Jericho is already a legend and has moved on to other projects such as his band. Punk is the one sticking around after all is said and done, so it's better for business for the fans to be supporting him in what I'm sure will be the best match of the evening. The promo wasn't too "personal", in fact, I hope to see more like it as we get closer to the match because the match will be overlooked if the fans do not have enough reasons to care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back