• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RKO Vs. Y2J

ForzaItalia

Layeth The Smackdown!
OK, so we may have Edge vs. Orton right now, which is a great feud for the moment, but how long can it last? This feud is good but I think Edge is the weaker side of the feud. Sure, he gets heat but Jericho gets so much more heat. Y2J would have been a better person to use in this feud because IMO he has better mic skills, plays a heel better, can wrestle a classic match, and has the ability to draw instant heat where ever he walks. After the Rated R vs. RKO feud I think Randy and Y2J should feud next because Jericho is the best heel on RAW and Orton is IMO the best face on RAW (excluding Superman). This feud would get Y2J more main event time where he should be (being the nice guy he is he has been pushing Bourne). This feud would be better than the Edge feud because Jericho would be better. What do you think?

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/exclusive-more-on-jerichos-wwe-status-creative-direction-104891

He wouldn't call it jobbing , BUT I DO!!!
It's disgraceful that they are doing this to him. He has been one of the most entertaining superstars, a fantastic champion who can carry the Cenas, the Khalis and Ortons ( YE I SAID ORTON YOU VIPERSUCKERS, he's nothing without someone making him look real good selling his 5 move skill-set)

So ye the feud between RKO and Y2J would be great but he is leaving as it stands to host an abc extreme show.
Good luck to him!!

Hadn't been done in a long time and I would love to see it. Though Jericho may leave in August, the least they could do is have a one off match. I think everyone would be happy if they at least had that.

Have we moved on to ripping on Orton now?

I dont know about this feud though, I mean it would probably be an awesome in ring experience, but I dont know if I could live with listening to two slow promos, I think they work best when placed alongside a more animated opponent but they both take the calm approach.

Just My Opinion

This feud would have to be wrestlemaina standard as these too are headlines.This feud would be awesome if Orton was heel again as I don't care about him if he is face!!!

This feud should have happened last year when they were both round for the whole year and Jericho was on both shows but now I don't see the feud being that good if Jericho is gone in august.:disappointed:

Do we all forget that this feud/angle was tried already not too long ago? When Jericho returned to the WWE in 2007, it was to end Ortons "dull" reign as the WWE champ. They were not good together, they main evented Armageddon 2007, and it was a pretty boring match and Jericho immediately went into a program with JBL after this PPV. They just didn't have much in ring chemistry, and as The Gribbler said, they are both too alike when it comes to cutting promos. Both have that slow, methodical way of speaking (although I don't recall Orton even saying a word in weeks) and it just wouldn't work the way you would want it to.

Much like HBK and Mr. Perfects angle did not work back in 1993 due to styles clashing, these two just wouldn't produce very entertaining matches or promos. I wish I was wrong...

I must disagree with you about this point.

For me, both of these guys bounce off of each other rather perfectly. Right now, Edge is in need of some heat and by attacking Randy Orton, the darling of the IWC, he is definitely managing to get that. He has proven, time and time again, that he deserves to be on that level and I, for one, am loving the feud that they have going right now. Edge has consistently gotten the better of Randy Orton and when this feud is about to end, the payoff for both of these guys is going to be a great thing to behold. Both of them can put on great matches and are adored by the fans of the company. However, their feud has seemingly lost it’s way recently and I would urge the WWE to try and get that back on track. Both of these guys will be in the Money in the Bank match and I am very looking forward to see how that pans out. I fear that if one of them win that briefcase, then the feud will be almost over as they challenge Sheamus or John Cena for the Championship.

Jericho, on the other hand, isn’t on that level just now and I wouldn’t buy into it. Edge has consistently been the guy who has been further up the card and is probably a more realistic choice to take on the Viper. Chris Jericho, as much as I love him, is finding it hard to beat Evan Bourne right now and as much as I would love to see a feud with Jericho and Randy Orton, I don’t think he is up to that level of heat yet. He has been leaning more and more towards being a face in recent months and I would think that he will be a face again within the year. Having him feud with Randy Orton would be great but he needs something to get him back onto that level and a feud with Evan Bourne is not that something.

It is a good idea in principal but I doubt it is going to happen just now. I certainly don’t think that he is a better choice than Edge to feud with Randy Orton. Considering the history both of them have, it would have made no sense for them to replace Edge with Jericho.

PaperGhost, we're tearing Cena to shreads, and now Orton aswell? Wow!, now we'll start tearing into Kurt Angle cause he's gone from "Real" wrestling to "Fake" wrestling, let's just start now shall we?

After that, back onto the topic. A fued most likely won't be happening in the near future and Y2J may be leaving in August I think? to fullfil his gameshow commitments. I'd like to see a one-off match between the 2, but as Showstopper said a full-on fued would most likely not work, they tried it VERY briefly in 2007, and the match at Armageddon, wasn't all that great. The styles as far as promo's goes, well they both speak in that slow, methodical way, as for in-ring styles, very different, Orton has that slow, well thought out style, whilst Y2J has that fast, but also well thought out style. In '07 Orton was heel, Jericho was face, but now the roles are reversed, so maybe it could work, but don't count on it happening anytime soon.

I'm pretty sure he's not going to leave in August, as he said in an interview(it's on this site somewhere) that he don't plan on giving it up yet or whatever. As for the fued, they do have KIND of the same style, but honestly even though Jericho isn't getting the better of him, his & Bourne's fued is quite good as they always put on great matches. I think it would be nice to see him & Orton have a little fued though.

Jericho and Orton might mesh well together, but it wouldn't be better than what's currently going on between Orton and Edge. Jericho is a great mic worker, no doubt about it. But Edge and Orton have a chemistry together that just works. I'd much rather see this angle progress a little further than see Jericho start something with Orton, Jericho is doing a great job at being enhancement talent.

it would be a great feud but really what would be Y2J's motive except if they pull a jealousy angle thatY2J being left behind and Orton is the flavor of the month.

I'd much rather see NXT or even Sheamus brutally attack Y2J and give him one last massive face run before he leaves even in this shitty PG era I can just imagine the Jericho promos and a return to the old Y2J

C'mon Daddy!!

Aussie Invasion, after one (yours truly) watches a day full of Bryan Danielson matches on youtube ( to find out what the fuss is about this guy), all these 'top superstars' seem like inbred hicks in the ring!!
Right now as things stand, Y2J should leave and rumour has it that Orton has a program with Edge leading upto a cage match at Summerslam.

i hope they dont end up fighting, i dont wanna watch y2j job to that loser.

all randy orton does is come out and make faces and slam his hands on the mat. oh and headlocks.

I don't think this would work. Chris Jericho is jobbing to Evan Bourne and I think that he needs to have another credible feud to get up to that level. Plus, I think that Randy Orton will probably be feuding for the WWE Championship after he's finished with Edge, and unless Chris Jericho somehow magically wins the belt this feud will not happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back