• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

X-Division Tag Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
The idea of X Division tag titles has been brought up in TNA several times recently, but nothing is confirmed yet on whether they will or will not be used. Jarrett has always been negative on the idea since he feels the more titles you have the less they mean.

What do you guys think of this idea?

To be honest, I think I agree with JJ in that less titles means more prestige and value. However, this is definitely an interesting concept and something that I haven't seen done in much depth before. It could either help build the division up as a big attraction of TNA or make it into a sub-division, which it really doesn't need right now. Either way, I doubt the conservative minds that are screwing up WWE Lite - sorry, I mean TNA - would even do something this.

Over to you!

I think this is a horrible idea. TNA is having a hard enough time of promoting the X-Division Title and the Tag Team Titles as it is. If they add another title, it's going to be even worse. Even when they get a two hour time-slot I think it's a bad idea. They have plenty of talent but they should use it to make the three titles they have now more impressive. A few things they need to do before adding another title to TNA:

1.) Mix up the tag-team division. With Scott Steiner injured, VKM and the Bashams feuding, and LAX tied up in this go-nowhere feud with Hector Guererro, Slammiversary is the perfect opportunity. Have Sabin and Lethal as the first match of the show. Have him drop the X-division title to Lethal. Once the match is over have Cornette make an announcement that Scott cannot make it to the pay-per-view tonight (if this is indeed what happens) and that Team 3-D will remain the tag team champs. Have the Dudleys come out and say that they don't want to let the fans down like that. Have them ask Cornette for a title defense against anyone in the locker room. Out of nowhere Alex Shelly walks down the ramp and say that he'll wrestle twice tonight if he can get a shot at the tag titles. Have him pummel Backlund them come out after the Dudleys with who else....Chris Sabin! Have the Motor City Machine Guns come out and cheat their way into a tag title win. Then you can still have the Steiners-Team 3-D match at the next pay-per-view, just not for the tag titles and then you can have Jay Lethal start his reign as X-division champ hopefully feuding with a heel Sonjay Dutt.

2.) Incorporate more X-division stars into the shows each week. The only guys getting a push right now are Lethal, Dutt, Dutt, and I guess Lynn. Once the show gets two hours hopefully they can showcase the division that makes them stand out from the WWE.

3.) Incorporate new tag teams into the company and hopefully get rid of dead weight like VKM and the Steiners. Bring in new tag teams and bolster the tag division.

Once TNA is capable of doing these things, then possibly consider another title. I would prefer something along the lines of a TV-Title, a mid-card title of sorts if they were going to add another title. Have a title for guys like Roode and Harris to fight over, guys that aren't really made for the X-division. This is just my humble opinion on the matter.

Pointless. The only title that TNA should introduce is a womens title. And I dont think there's any need for that one. The X-Division has gone to shit as it is. They need to concentrate on making that better. The tag division also sucks. The easy solution is to get rid of dead weight like VKM, Team 3D, The Bashams etc and use X-Divison wrestlers as tag teams. It's the easiest solution. No need for all this X-Division tag title bull shit.

Seriously, like Y2Jake, I don't think this division is necessary. Build a solid Tag Team Title division first before even considering and X-Division Tag Team division. I think the new tag division should be built around guys like Sabin / Shelley, LAX and possibly the Bashams ? Bring in some new teams, even if they suck just to get the tag division going, and job to the bigger teams. Sabin and Shelley could make a hell of a face team IMO, even if they are already incredible heels as it is. Make them do more of their skits with Backlund, continue having their EXTRAORDINARY tag matches and get the promos going, in a few months' time Sabin and Shelley will be HUGE.

Jeff Jarrett has it right where he says that the more titles you have, the less they mean. WCW in it's early post NWA days, they had the World title, TV title, U.S. Title, U.S. Tag title, World Tag Team Title, Six-Man Tag World Title. The X-Division does not need tag team titles. You want to put new titles in, like it said in posts before me, do a womens title or a new title for the mid card talent like Robert Roode, Abyss, Raven, Chris Harris, James Storm and others. There is no point in having a Tag Team title for the X-Division. Just the X Belt is more than enough for it.

I have to agree with everyone else on this, I think adding another tag title is a bad idea, TNA doesn't have enough teams to support the current tag titles, so it makes no sense to add another tag division, why not just incorparate the X-division teams into the current tag division and build that up, I would love to see Sabin and Shelley as tag champs soon

The overall feeling is negative, and rightfully so. There is no need to introduce another title. You have four hours of television a week, plus three for pay per views, that's barely enough for the three titles they have now.

While it is cool in concept, wait until they get more tv time before doing something like this. Use more of the X-Division guys in the tag team ranks anyway. Styles and Daniels did pretty well for themselves. Homicide has done well, there is no reason why a team of Sabin or Shelley couldn't do something like this.

Get rid of the James gang, and you'll have another spot open.

Well I will just add to what everyone has said and that is there is no room in TNA for X-Division Tag straps. Look at WCW they tried this with the Crusierweight tag team championships towards the end and that was pointless then and this is pointless now. The X-division get hardly any TV time as it stands and Styles, Joe and Daniels are in main event programs now and are out of the X-division.

If TNA got more tv time then maybe intoduce a womens belt but not X-Division tag team belts as X-division stars can win the regualr TNA tag team straps like daniels and Styles did.

I'm against new titles. They have good ones to work with as is, and if the report is accurate, Jarrett is a smart man in this capacity. Don't let them become useless trinkets that can be held by anyone. Right now, I still feel the roster needs to have some housecleaning executed to trim the fat. The tag division is fine as is. Insert some X-divisioners, if you will (because I'd honestly watch that instead of the proposed Steiners/3D deal), but in the end let the titles keep their meaning and let a true workhorse team like LAX hold them. In the end, though, I don't want them to be devalued by other belts. Then title matches have no meaning (see: WWE European, Hardcore, Cruiserweight, Intercontinental Titles at various points). I wouldn't mind a fourth title being added down the road aways, but it'd have to be something special, and TNA would definitely have to have a 2 hour slot each week to showcase all the belts enough to have them keep any sort of relevancy.

They should have a 4th belt somewhere down the road, although i am not sure what they would introduce. X division Tag is not worth the brainwave it came in on, there is no reason why teams made up of X-division cant compete for the current tag belts, they just need to rid the current tag division of the bulk. Remove VKM and 3d and for the love of god dont have the steiners as a full time thing. I would much rather watch LAX vs Shelley and Sabin than Steiners vs 3D any day and i would rather have A1 return and compete than watch anymore VKM.

A fourth is a goood idea, but not the X tag belts and not until they get 2 hours.

They don't need X-Tag there no need that has been made clear by all who have posted and I agree with that full heartedly. I do think a Mid-Card belt is needed as well there so many that could be in the hunt for that belt so the World Title scene is not seeming so clustered all the time I think it would help and give some of these guys like Rhino,Killings,Storm,Harris and many other a place.

I am fully against a Womens Belt they don't have near enough of them to fill the division and unless they are going to get some of the female wrestlers like Cheerleader Melissa and the "REAL" women of wrestling then I say don't waste your time, I don't know about everyone else but I can do without a second womens division like WWE has.

I personally think they need a different mid-card title, instead of x division tag titles. they also need to take the x division back to it's origin, and unleash it. they are holding those guys back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back