WZCW SuperShow: Blade vs. Mick Overlast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
It's a story that has gone on for years between these two individuals who started off together as two members of the Sons of Destiny, a stable that once ruled over WZCW with an iron fist. After many betrayals against each other and new allegiances being formed, Overlast & Blade will get their chance to rip each other limb from limb and put the final nail in the coffin of this almost endless saga.

Don't expect this match to be pretty, folks. This is going to get ugly.

Deadline is Friday, October 17th, 11:59pm CST. Extensions available upon request.

The camera focuses in on Mick Overlast sits alone in an empty WZCW locker room. He thumbs through the pages of an old WZCW Magazine, stopping when he spots a picture of him wearing the Elite X Title around his waist. His lips curl upward into a broad smile and he chuckles a little.

Overlast: Seems like decades ago, really…

He looks up from the magazine and scans over the room; the lockers surrounding him belong to the present and future stars of WZCW.

Overlast: I’ve been fortunate to get this opportunity at all with the way things have been going lately. It’s not Kingdom Come, but it wouldn’t have been right to steal a spot from someone more deserving.

Overlast looks back down at the magazine resting on his lap, taking a long, hard look at the picture – a picture that was taken at a time when Overlast was thought to be the next big thing in WZCW. He closes the magazine and sets it in his locker.

Overlast: Blade, you remember that night you and Hammond came to me and promised we would run WZCW together? Those were pretty fun days, I’ll admit. You came off as this energetic leader of men who could get guys to run through brick walls for you. You could’ve left me floundering in the lower card, and would’ve made my first stint in WZCW a rather short one. But you saw something in me, and I gravitated toward you because I believed you would set the standard for greatness.

As time went on, again and again, I would see you falter in the big moments. And instead of rising above it and showing what it took to succeed in the face of adversity, you made excuses. Then you became distant after Hammond left. And then on the night of Aftershock 10, you skipped out on our tag match and made me partner with Phoenix.

My point is that despite whatever revisionist history bullshit you try to spin, you were the one who betrayed me. Behind the curtain was this feeble little man who wilted under pressure. That’s why I attacked you during your little goodbye celebration at Kingdom Come IV. You go around claiming I almost ended your career, but as I look at how you’ve come along lately, you would’ve been much better off had I been successful in doing so.

Mick pauses for a moment.

Overlast: I want my revenge, Blade. I looked up to you as a rookie, hoping you’d point me in the right direction. You deserted me. I come back and try to restart our friendship, and you turned on me. I’m so sick of your bullshit at this point, and it stops at the SuperShow. There is no stone I’ll leave unturned; no bone I’ll be unwilling to break to make sure it happens. I want to watch you bleed. I want to watch you beg for mercy. I want to break the little willpower you have left and make you quit, something you’re extremely familiar with.

And once I’m done, I’m done.

You know, Blade, while you were gone, I was a rising star in this company. But as the past weeks have proven, my light is fading quickly. The SuperShow will serve as my final explosion, and my star will finally die. I just hope you’re ready for the end.

The camera quickly cuts out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back