Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
16hkbom.png

What's been happening in WZCW?

The Winds Of Change

WZCW Magazine has returned once again, just in time for the newest WZCW Pay-Per-View – Revolution. For those of you who have been with WZCW for a while, you may remember the old PPV Civil Revolution? A name which hasn't been uttered in around 5 years of high-paced wrestling action. However, with the PPV schedule under scrutiny and inspection from the top brass in WZCW, it seems as though Civil Revolution has been strangely resurrected... If only in part.

And how ample a name it is as we head into the PPV with so many WZCW balls juggling in the air. In fact, I would go so far as to say that the next PPV that you will all enjoy courtesy of WZCW, is looking like one of the most open and career-defining PPV's that WZCW has ever had the privilege of putting on. With so much change within the WZCW realm, Revolution will certainly prove to be the stepping stone for many great changes within the company. We mustn't forget all of the new faces who have entered the arena in the last few months, who now find themselves in a position of change. At Revolution, they have the chance to finally cast off their shackles and prove to the world that they have what it takes to compete at the highest level of competition.

And how can we forget about the top WZCW veterans who, in only a few days time, will take to the ring in an attempt to cement their own legacies. Ty Burna and Matt Tastic will feud for the Heavyweight Championship in a match that will, one way or another, define their very careers in WZCW. Ty will be looking for an astonishing third Heavyweight Championship reign whilst Matt Tastic will be looking to rid himself of a perennial thron in his paw by knocking off one third of the dangerous Elite stable.

But the fact remains that, whilst Revolution may have found it's mark, other WZCW PPV's may not be ideally placed in the calendar. I spoke with the head of WZCW creative only days ago who told me personally that everything is changing in WZCW. Since the last big change of authority, WZCW has been looking to make the product better and deliver the product to more and more people as they continue the new age. One part of that is re-aligning WZCW PPV's to make more of the financial rewards of a better PPV schedule. As yet, details remain thin on the ground but a source in WZCW told me that “anything is possible within the company at this point in time”. Right now, it is almost certain that a revised PPV schedule will occur at some point post Revolution but could bigger changes be afoot? I guess we will wait and see.

Crowded Halls

In the last issue of the WZCW Magazine, we asked you to decide who deserved to be inducted into the prestigious Hall Of Fame more, between Showtime David Cougar and the legendary Titus. I guess it was always likely to be a tie because I certainly couldn't split their achievements. And so it was. The WZCW loyal decided that it was too close of a call and made it clear to everyone here that Showtime and David Cougar are two of the biggest and best names in the history of this company. Joining Everest in the glorious Hall Of Fame, Titus and Showtime have cemented themselves as trail-blazing and wonderfully gifted members of the WZCW roster.

Speaking from a personal point of view, words can't describe how good it felt to sit in the front row of the Hall Of Fame ceremony and watch Showtime and Titus collect their rings and deliver a speech each to the crowd; who wanted nothing more than to see them lace up their boots again was an unforgettable moment for me and something that pulled on the heartstrings.

Like them or hate them, Titus and Showtime have did everything in this business that there is to accomplish and now they set off into the sun knowing that they did it all. From everyone at WZCW Magazine, we would like to say a massive congratulations to both men who have deserved it more than they possibly know.

WZCW Chief Editor
Mike "Ike" Forsyth

Edge of a Revolution
The Elite​

[YOUTUBE]nV4GM9tF2BA[/YOUTUBE]​

“Can you feel it?” Those were the four words that number one contender to the Heavyweight Championship John Constantine said to me as I shared a room with him for the first time. Behind his eyes, a passion for the words were ultimately underlined.

For months now, The Elite (John Constantine, Ty Burna et al.) have ruled the roost. They desposed of enemy and friend alike, with the ultimate goal of reclaiming the WZCW Championship for those who they deem to be synonymous with their well-named stable. And now, on the ever of WZCW Revolution, The Elite finally have the opportunity to accomplish their number one goal.

In the months since John Constantine and Showtime David Cougar announced their initial alliance with Steven Holmes, The Elite has looked like a gloriously gifted stable. The accomplishments of all three men make them stalwart names in the history of the company, and likely Hall Of Fame contenders in the future. And whilst the stable was slow to get off the ground, failing to capture Tag Team Championships and loftier goals, the three men stuck by their guns and should now be reaping the rewards for that drive and ambition. And I guess one of those three are.

Indeed the only constant factor in the entire rule of the Elite has been the aforementioned John Constantine. Around him, he has shaped a stable capable of taking WZCW by storm and surpassing any other stable in the history of this great company. The original members of The Elite (Steven Holmes and Showtime Cougar) have been replaced around the Power Trip and now Constantine finds himself surrounded by, perhaps, an even more dangerous and talented roster.

“I bet Matt Tastic can feel it!” Constantine sneered at me as I thought about his words. And the truth was, I definitely could feel it within WZCW. The Elite had gone from a stable that talked about their lofty goals and ambition, and had transitioned into a stable that did less talking and more doing. Although this was the first time I had met the Power Trip, I knew that he was right. And he knew that he was right, too. With Ty Burna on the verge of a massive match with Matt Tastic at Revolution, it seemed as though the Elite were finally going to make good on their promise to corner the World Champion and take away what he valued most in the world.

“For too long now, the World Champion has ducked us. I assume it is because Matt Tastic knows that he doesn't have what it takes to beat us and finally put down The Elite. But at Revolution, Matt Tastic has nowhere to run. Ty Burna will strip him of his pride. He will strip him of his dignity. But most of all, he will strip him of his World Heavyweight Championship.” Constantine may have been right in that assumption. Matt Tastic and Mikey Stormrage had found the removal of Kingdom Come to be a very hard difficult road to walk. Whilst Ty Burna and John Constantine had much better success, executing huge wins against the likes of Daddy Mack, Chris KO and even a pinfall over Matt Tastic himself.

But Matt Tastic is still a big-time player, that certainly can be no doubt about it. I don't think anyone reading this will ever forget his magnificent win at the Lethal Lottery, only hours after such a terrific match against Showtime David Cougar. Matt Tastic is a man who can and will pull everything off when the big matches require it. At Kingdom Come, Matt Tastic went into the main event as the World Heavyweight Champion. But he also went in as the underdog in many respects. The Beard was on a real tear in WZCW, dominating everyone and everything that crossed his path. One would be forgiven for drawing similarities between The Beard and Ty Burna right now. Still, Matt Tastic will maintain that he can overcome the odds once again and cement his legacy as one of the best fighting Champions that WZCW has ever seen. And with massive wins against The Beard and Ty Burna when it really mattered, who could argue?

But the name of the PPV says more about the lay of the land post-Revolution. A revolution is coming, one way or another.

“I don't want to talk about such things.” That was the response from The Power Trip as I probed him about the end of The Elite post-PPV. But whether the Power Trip likes it or not, WZCW and The Elite will never be the same again. If Ty Burna is able to prove to everyone why he has stayed at the top of the business for so long and defeat Matt Tastic, the next name on his list of defences is his stable-mate John Constantine. One has to wonder how the stable can co-exist. Both men are proud warriors and both want to the man who can say they are the best in the business. Make no mistake, even in his denial, John Constantine wants that title more than anything. One really has to ask, can the Elite have a respectful match over the WZCW Heavyweight Championship with either man being the target of the other?

But perhaps I am not giving the stable enough credit. As I have pointed out, they have endured through many trials and tribulations to get to this point. Perhaps a one-on-one competition between the two, to settle the score once and for all, would only be a minor blip on the radar. I mean, they would finally find out which of them were the better man and, most importantly, they would still be in control of the Heavyweight Championship. A silver lining on a very dark cloud perhaps.

But what happens if Matt Tastic overcomes the odds, like many people believe he can? Can The Elite really cope with letting the Heavyweight Championship slip out of their grasp one more time? John Constantine has never been the Heavyweight Champion and I could tell by meeting him that it is everything to him. He has been known as a competitor who could never really take that final step and be the main event player that everyone thinks he can be. With his completion of the Elite X Gauntlet, he finally has the opportunity to make good on his promise. I would say, even, that his drive for the World Heavyweight Championship is more than that of Ty Burna. So the question really is, how can Constantine cope with a stable mat who has failed to make good on all promises and claim the Championship?

“A revolution is coming, like it or not”. How true those words were. And reflecting on those words now, I have to agree with the Power Trip. Revolution is going to be a huge event in it's debut year and one has to believe that WZCW will never the same afterwards. Can WZCW live with The Elite finally making good on their claims of glory? But most importantly, if they don't, what will become of the Elite and who will fall as they destroy each other?

Revolution holds the answers...

Nancy Lawson
DC Writer

In this issue of From The Vault, I want to take you back to one of the classic matches of WZCW's expansive and impressive history. The night was the 18th of July, 2009. The location was Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and the stakes could not be higher. Civil Revolution was well underway and the packed crowd in The Steel City were bracing themselves for what was bound to be one of the most intriguing and most closely-fought matches in the history of this great company.

Carmen Bratchny, Steamboat Ricky and Everest are three names that are synonymous with WZCW, and in this match you will get to see why. A triple threat match for the WZCW Heavyweight Championship was the occasion and all three men knew that this was their moment to seize the initiative and grab the Heavyweight Championship for himself. But who would come out on top? Let's find out...

WZCWCivilRevolution-World.jpg

Harrys: The following contest is a Triple Threat match, scheduled for one fall, and it is for the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship!

'Supernova goes Pop' by Powerman 5000 hits and Everest enters very simply to start. Orange laser lights shoot back and forth across the blank big screen that then flashes the words “Are you Ready to Go” The lights go out for a second and when they kick back on Everest stands in the middle of the ramp, taking in the boos instead of the characteristic cheers. He makes his way to the ring stoically, though he takes plenty of time to eye up the women on the way to the ring.

“Paint it Black" by The Rolling Stones hits and as the music starts, Carmen walks out alone. Carmen then steps on the apron and steps in to the ring through the ropes, looking focused and intense as he stares down Everest.

"Over the Seas" by Alestorm hits and Steamboat Ricky walks down the ramp, carrying a cooler of his signature non-alcoholic grog. He’s dressed in his usual outfit. He gives high fives his adoring fans and Polly rests on his right shoulder giving him advice. He then enters the ring, running around in circles for awhile to allow his cape to float in the breeze.

Harrys: Introducing first, the challenger, from Los Angeles, California, weighing in at 205 pounds, the Pinnacle of Perfection…Everest!

Everest sneers at the crowd as he takes in their boos.

Harrys: Introducing next, the challenger, from Moscow, Russia, weighing in at 230 pounds…Carmen Bratchny!

Bratchny punches the air a few times, oblivious to the crowd, focusing only on his match.

Harrys: And now, introducing their opponent, from Tortuga, weighing in at 260 pounds, he is the current, reigning, and defending WZCW Heavyweight Champion of the World….Steamboat Ricky!

Ricky presents his custom belt to the adoring fans and chugs down one last non alcoholic grog as the bell rings.

The three men stand in a triangle pattern as the bell rings. The referee presents the belt one last time then hands it off, ready to officiate. The three men stare each other down for a moment. They all move a little bit closer to one another as Bratchny taunts Ricky. Bratchny and Everest shoot a brief glance at each other, than suddenly turn on Ricky, attacking him and forcing him to the ropes. They both whip him off the ropes into the opposite side of the ring, but on the rebound, Ricky catches both of them in clotheslines, knocking them to the ground! Ricky goes right for Everest, grabbing him and chucking him to the outside of the ring.

Copeland: An exciting start as Ricky seems to want Bratchny on his own to kick things off!

Bratchny, however, has gotten up quickly and attacks Ricky, kneeing him in the gut and punching him as Ricky leans in against the ropes. Bratchny tries to whip him to the other side, but Ricky reverses the whip, catching Bratchny around the neck, looking for a chokeslam!

Cohen: What the hell is Ricky thinking? A chokeslam on Bratchny? Madness!

Copeland: Maybe it’s going to take a little bit of madness to win this match, Jack! He’s heavier and taller than Bratchny – he can pull it off!

Ricky struggles to get Bratchny up for a moment, but somehow, he elevates Bratchny and chokeslams him! Ricky celebrates his accomplishment for a moment, before quickly covering Bratchny. He gets a two count, but Everest has returned to the ring and breaks up the count. Everest goes right after Ricky, punching him, but Ricky gets a knee up into Everest’s face, staggering Everest. Bratchny, meanwhile, has rolled out of the ring. Ricky’s backed Everest into the corner, where he hits a big chop on him. Ricky whips Everest into the opposite corner, and charges him, but Everest gets out and jams his hip into Ricky, stopping him. Everest charges Ricky, who catches Everest and looks like he wants a powerslam! Everest slips out, however, and gets behind Ricky. He goes for a German suplex, but Ricky’s too big!

Cohen: All that fat finally came in handy for Ricky, Seabass.

Ricky forces Everest off him and sends him staggering backwards. Ricky then turns around and clotheslines Everest. Everest staggers up and Ricky grabs him, then headbutts him, sending Everest down to the mat. Everest gets up again and Ricky goes for him, but Everest starts nailing him with punches, forcing him toward the opposite side of the ring. Everest backs up and rebounds off the ropes to charge Ricky, ducking a clothesline, rebounding again, but this time, Ricky catches him! Ricky looks like he wants a Samoan drop, but Everest slips out, grabs Ricky’s legs, and knocks him off his feet! He grabs Ricky’s legs and he’s locked in a cloverleaf! Not long after, however, Ricky managers to turn on his back and kick Everest off. Both men are up as Bratchny tries to clamber back in the ring, but Ricky hits him and knocks him back to the floor. Ricky then goes after Everest and punches him a few times, before kicking Everest square in the gut and sending him into the corner. Everest staggers out and walks toward Ricky, who clotheslines him down to the mat!

Copeland: Ricky looking incredible here tonight, giving it his all to retain his title!

Ricky backs up and drops a big leg on Everest, going for a cover, but Bratchny gets back into the ring and breaks it up at two. Everest rolls out of the ring as Bratchny goes after Ricky. He punches him in the back and forces him into the corner. While in the corner, Bratchny rams his shoulder into Ricky’s gut a few times, and then tries to whip Ricky into the opposite corner, but Ricky reverses it and sends Bratchny to the corner. He goes for Bratchny, but Carmen gets out and jams his shoulder into Ricky. Bratchny jumps up to the second rope and flies off with a forearm to Ricky’s face, knocking him down.

Copeland: What athleticism from Bratchny, who doesn’t fly often, but it just goes to show you what the world champions means!

Bratchny lets Ricky get up and then goes to life him, as if for a brainbuster, but Ricky is heavy and he struggles. Ricky recovers enough to chop him in the back, catching Bratchny around the neck, and hitting an inverted DDT on him. He covers Bratchny but only gets two. Everest, however, gets into the ring and he’s carrying two trash can lids!

Cohen: Whoa! Everest is the farthest thing from hardcore, but it looks like his new attitude has taught him the most important principle in wrestling – whatever it takes, baby!

He goes right after Ricky with them, smashing them over his head. He drops one trash can lid which Bratchny grabs. The two keep striking Ricky in the head as Ricky sways on his feet. Finally, the two strike him at the same time and knock him down. The two look at each other, wanting to go for a cover, but neither man knowing who should go for it. In the meantime, Ricky gets up. The two try to repeat their whipping Ricky into the ropes, but meet the same result – Ricky levels them with double clotheslines. All three men are down but Ricky gets up first, taunting the others to get up. The two get up and though Ricky tries to fight them off, they both start laying into him with punches and kicks. The two of them join up and hit a big double clothesline on Ricky, all three men lying on the ground afterwards. Bratchny gets up first and covers Ricky for a two count, but Everest pulls him off by the leg. Everest and Bratchny stare each other down now. They get into a shoving match, and Bratchny knocks Everest to the ground with an elbow to the face.

Cohen: Yeah, finally, the good stuff! No more of that fatty, let’s get two real athletes competing here!

The two trade punches and kicks, but suddenly Bratchny has Everest up, and drops him with a brainbuster! Everest, however, quickly rolls away to the ropes. Bratchny is calling for either man to get up, and Ricky begins to do so, Everest having rolled out of the ring. Bratchny elevates Ricky, and also drops him with a brainbuster! Bratchny slowly makes the cover, but only gets two when Everest pulls the ref out of the ring. Bratchny angrily heads to the outside, where he attacks Everest. Bratchny whips Everest into the steel ring steps, then Bratchny slams Everest’s face into the steps. He throws Everest into the ring post. Ricky gets up and tries to get to the outside, but Bratchny catches him and forces his neck off the ropes, sending him reeling back. He then charges Ricky and tries to clothesline him down, but Ricky ducks, Bratchny rebounds, and Ricky knocks Bratchny down!

He quickly drops a leg on Bratchny and covers him, but Bratchny kicks out at two. Everest has been busted open on the outside as he tries to get up. Ricky headbutts Bratchny again into the corner, where he hits some chops on Bratchny. He forces Bratchny up to the top rope, looking like he wants a superplex. Everest briefly distracts Ricky, and in that time, Bratchny pulls Ricky out of the corner and powerbombs him!

Both men are down in the middle of the ring as Bratchny slowly goes for a cover, gets two, but Everest breaks it up with a steel chair shot! Everest waits for Bratchny to get up, then nails him right in the face! Bratchny rolls out of the ring, and Everest goes for the cover on Ricky, who kicks out at two! Everest grabs the chair and brains Ricky with it, sending him to the outside as well!

Cohen: What domination! Everest is unstoppable! The best part is – he doesn’t need the steel chair, but when he wants it, he can do anything with it!

Everest charges Ricky with the chair, but Ricky ducks and Everest nails the ring post, staggering him and falling to the ground, clutching his arm. Ricky starts to take apart the Spanish announce table. He tries to put Everest through the table with a full nelson slam, but Everest slips out, kicks Ricky, and elevates him with the Rock Slide, right through the table!

Both men are out cold on top of the wreckage of the table. Everest slowly makes his way back into the ring, as does Bratchny. The two men stare each other down on their knees, then get up, staggering. The two engage in a big slug fest, that goes back and forth until Bratchny gets the upper hand, elevating Everest, looking for another brainbuster, but Everest holds onto the ropes! Angered, Bratchny tosses Everest right over the top rope!

Cohen: There, you see? That’s the mental frustration kicking in. You can’t get a pin on the outside, but Bratchny fails to realize that, distraught as he is.

Bratchny heads to the outside of the ring, where he brawls with Everest, trying to whip him into the ring steps, but gets reversed and hits the steel himself. Everest brains Bratchny on the steps a few times, before getting back into the ring. Bratchny swings wildly at Everest, who ducks, slips around, and plants Bratchny with a German suplex! He rolls through and hits a second one, this time releasing in mid air! He goes for a cover, but only gets two. Everest gets up and it looks like he’s calling for the Rock Slide! He elevates Bratchny, but Bratchny slips out, sends Everest into the ropes, and plants him with a spine buster on the rebound! Bratchny slowly goes for the cover, and only gets two. On the ground, Bratchny locks in an uncharacteristic gutwrench.

Copeland: It looks like Bratchny is showing off to Everest – proving he can go on the ground too!

Bratchny has the hold locked in, as the ref raises Everest’s arm once, twice, but suddenly, Ricky’s in the ring and breaks the hold! Ricky goes for a quick cover on Everest, but he kicks out. Ricky calls for the Blunderbuss! He quickly nails BOTH Everest and Bratchny with his version of the stunner, covering Bratchny, but somehow, someway, Bratchny kicks out! He covers Everest, but Everest also just kicks out! Ricky is angry, and turns to Bratchny, who blatantly low blows him sending him out of the ring!

It’s back to Everest and Bratchny, who trade rights in the center of the ring. Bratchny forces Everest into the corner, charges him, but Everest ducks out and Bratchny knocks his shoulder against the ring post. Everest pulls him out by the leg, and locks in a cloverleaf! Ricky charges Everest, but Everest sees him coming and breaks the hold, kicking Ricky in the leg, turning him around, and hitting the Rock Slide on him! Ricky rolls to the corner, however, and prevents the count. Everest looks pissed as he waits for Bratchny to get up…Bratchny stands, turn around…Everest elevate him, and PLANTS him with a SECOND Rock Slide! Bratchny isn’t moving as Everest covers him and the ref counts 1, 2, and 3!

Cohen: Yes! I told you, Copeland, I told all of you, the greatest in the world is champion once again!

Harrys: Here is your winner and the NEW WZCW World Heavyweight Champion…EVEREST!!!!

Everest stands up from the cover and lets out a shout of pure adrenaline. He raises his arms and nearly collapses against the ropes as the referee hands him the title belt. Everest looks emotional - joyous, fierce, and proud - as the ref raises his hand in victory. Everest leans against the ropes and shows off the title to the crowd, as if to say, "I told you so." The crowd boos heavily to this, but Everest is oblivious. Everest clutches the belt to his chest and climbs the turnbuckle in the corner, where he presents the belt to the crowd again. Everest rolls out of the ring and makes his way to the top of the ramp where he presents the belt once again, the ref raising his arm in victory again, while Ricky and Bratchny lay prone in the ring.

Cohen: Haha, Seabass, there's gonna be a celebration tonight! I mean, you're not invited, but it's gonna be great! Haha!

Copeland: If you say so, Jack. Nevertheless, Everest takes back his title for a second reign, and what does this mean for WZCW? Tune in to Meltdown and our very first broadcast of Ascension next week, for the answers to all your questions! From all of us at WZCW, we thank you for tuning in, and we'll see you next time.

Character spotlight
Ramparte

Spotlight.jpg

This issues' Character Spotlight is one that I have wanted to do for a while now. And finally, I had had the chance to sit down with one half of the official best Tag Team in WZCW for the year of 2014; Ramparte. Ever since their capture of the Tag Team Championship in mid-2014, Cerberus have set out to prove that they are here to stay; dangerous and watching. Ramparte and Flex Mussel have, time and time again, proved themselves to valuable members of the WZCW roster and with a Tag Team Championship match on the agenda for the dynamic duo, I sat down to speak to Ramparte and ask some of the more pressing questions.

And here is the result:

Ike: Ramparte, thank you for meeting with me for this. I'm sure that your schedule is tight heading into Revolution and the Championship match.

Ramparte: Do not worry about such things, it is a pleasure.

Ike: I guess the first thing I would like to ask you is what is you motivation in WZCW? You've been around or a while now. What is driving you forward?

Ramparte: I see a world set before me rife with law and order, and frankly Mr. Forsyth it bores me. This is not how I want life to be. I bring hedonism to the table. New experiences for the WZCW Universe. Debauchery, decadence...these things make mankind what they truly are. Vain creatures. I am the embodiment of all things human beings should aspire to be. I am beautiful, I am wealthy, and I am a methodical man.

Is it quaint to say I am here to play the game and ascend the ladder? I want the World Championship, and if it means finding strategy in Literature like I do, or aligning myself with rising stars, than I will. You're looking at the gentleman who is the future of this company. Someone who will cause a change. A catalyst. And I will take pleasure in doing so.

As the late Jim Morrison once said, "I'm going to get my kicks before this shithouse goes up in flames."

Ike: I get that. I guess the second question, leading on from that, is who gives you inspiration in WZCW? Who do you look at and say "That's what I want to do"?

Ramparte: Last year I faced off against one of my idols, did you know that? During the Roulette Rounds, yours truly was pitted against a mystery opponent- none other than Steven Holmes. Of course I wasn't ready and just seeing my hero come up the runway was distracting enough, I hold no grudge for his win off of me. He is a dignified and intelligent man that I yearn to meet again.

Another side of me goes to probably the most popular pick for inspiration. Ty Burna has forged a fiery path unlike I have ever seen. Anyone who knows me knows that I like to take things to a darker level than most. I'm a modern day Dorian Gray, of course. I have people like The Harbinger to thank for my evolution as The Catalyst.

Ike: You recently won the best tag team award, congrats on that; it was certainly something you guys deserved. My question is do you feel that it gives you a boost heading into the upcoming PPV?

Ramparte: It was confirmation on what I already knew. Cerberus has had our ups and downs. We've been beat bloody and have killed off tag teams in the process. But one thing is symmetrically clear. We are the best duo WZCW has to offer now, and we shall not disappoint.

Ike: You've been a successful tag team for a while now, is there a part of you that wants to get into singles action? I mean, even the best Tag Teams don't last forever. How long do you think the wheels can stay on the train?

Ramparte: I cannot lie to you, Mr. Forsyth. There is a devil on my shoulder as we speak. I want to break out and pursue a Singles Career when the time is right. I'm a strategist, you see. I strike when I see the most opportune moment. Right now isn't the time. Soon? You'll see.

Ike: I guess, in somewhat of the same root of questioning then, who would you most like to face in WZCW?

Ramparte: There's a trope about tag team partners feuding with one another. However cliché it is, part of me needs to know who is the better man: "The Catalyst" Ramparte or Flex Mussél? Eventually it will come to that. It's inevitable.

I also see myself being the one to end Daddy Mack's dream. He has had his moment to shine. The future belongs to the youthful, and the well educated. Our world is no longer his. Change has come, and with it me. I'm sure my friend Eve Taylor will take away what he holds dear, The Eurasian Championship, but I'm of a mind to say the title wouldn't be enough. I would want him crippled before me, pondering his life somewhere in a nursing home as he watches me on an old television screen.

Ike: I'm keen to get your thoughts on Hard Metal Penetration and how the feud has gone until now?

Ramparte: They are not your average team, to put it mildly. I've had to face the squeakiest of clean duos imaginable in this place. People that just oozed goody-two-shoes bile like Young Justice and Los Magnificos Dragones. Hard Metal Penetration are beyond that. They're not afraid to take it to the dirtiest of places. I respect them for that.

But they are not Cerberus. There is a reason we walked out with the Tag Team of the Year Award and not them. Kingdom Come 6 was a fluke. Redemption has come for my partner and I, and we will stake our claim in a Revolution. It is time to end this chapter and to turn the page. On to the next question.

Ike: After Revolution, win or lose, it seems like you will be done with HMP for good, seemingly. Tell me about after the PPV, where does Cerberus go from there?

Ramparte: Cerberus is an ever-learning entity. If the unthinkable happens and either Mussél or myself say "I Quit", then the tag team will be no more. You heard it here first. Cerberus will take a leaf out of The Elite's book and work cohesively as individuals. I will go on to greater heights, and my partner will luckily step out of my shadow.

If we recapture the titles, we shall become the third team in WZCW history to do so. It would only be fitting that the 3-headed monster takes this accomplishment. We shall be remembered, and we shall become an even larger threat to whomever opposes us.

Ike: Ramparte, it's been a pleasure, man. Is there anything else you would like to share with us?

Ramparte: The person you see before you is not one to be taken lightly. There is an old saying about not judging a book by it's cover. Well, look at me. I am in perfect shape, of perfect mind, and once Cerberus regains what was stolen from us, I shall be of perfect spirits.

In this exception, judge the book by it's cover. There's a monster at the end of this story, and that monster bares three heads. We are coming for HMP. We will be reborn. Hail Cerberus.

Predicitons with "The Fist"

100747_original.jpg

What's up everybody, Alan “The Fist” Franklin here to give you the very best up to date run-down of everything WZCW Revolution!

We are now just one week away from the inaugural Revolution PPV in the history of WZCW and so many balls are in the air. Never before, in this guy's eyes, there has never been a more unpredictable PPV. Which makes this part of the magazine all the more difficult actually. But nevertheless, I am here to give you my very humble opinion on all of the matches that are coming your way at Revolution.

Let's get to it.

ElegANT versus Veejay

This is a really tough one to call, mostly due to the ferocity of this feud. ElegANT, perhaps, has been the more impressive competitor but Veejay is quickly making a name for himself in the world of professional wrestling. This feud has become more and more heated over the last few weeks and I think that is going to play more into the wheel-house of Veejay. Let's face it, Veejay has took every opportunity to get elegANT wound up and I would suggest that it is part of a bigger game plan for the rookie. However, elegANT will be looking to set things right and get some measure of revenge on the Bollywood star. In my very humble opinion, I think the emotion of the match will get the better of the ANT and Veejay will steal this one.

Prediction: Veejay

Dorian Slaughter versus El Califa Dragon​

A very interesting match, this one. Both of these guys are fierce warriors that are full of pride. And what's more, can either man really afford to lose this match? This has gone above and beyond the grudge match echelon and now means a great deal to the way WZCW is going to move forward post PPV. The rookie of the year will need to keep his wits about him as he finally faces off against one member of the newly-formed Armada stable. El Califa Dragon has been around the block a few times and will really test the skills and mettle of the Elite member. This match will no doubt be one of the more brutal encounters on the WZCW PPV and I think whoever emerges victorious from the match is really going to put a stamp down in the company. And even more importantly, give their respective stable the upper hand going forward. In terms of a winner, I am going to go with the Rookie Of The Year in this one. I think it means more to him and, certainly, he will perhaps need to go the extra mile to impress.

Prediction: Dorian Slaughter

Theron Daggershield versus The Beard​

When you think of brutal matches post PPV, I bet this one really ranks amongst the best of them. The Beard and Theron find themselves in the strange position of being on a WZCW see-saw. Theron looks to propel himself upwards whilst The Beard finds himself on the downwards trajectory after losing the Heavyweight Championship match to Matt Tastic at Kingdom Come However, over the last few weeks, both of these guys have shown themselves to be valuable WZCW assets and, more importantly, dangerous competitors who can do whatever they put their minds to. No words will ever cover the menace and destruction that the former World Champion is capable of. Lest we forget his brutal annihilation of two WZCW rookies this past round. However, Theron has proven himself to be a worthy challenger to the The Beard, picking up a win over him in the early rounds of this cycle and then putting away the newly-crowned Elite X Champion on numerous occasions. This match is going to be a war from start to finish and as much I would like to think that Theron Daggershield is going to have enough to make Beard bend to his whim, I have to back The Beard in this one. I think his fire and drive will get the better of Theron. But this match could really go any way.

Prediction: The Beard

Mikey Stormrage versus John Constantine​

Finally... Finally, we get to see this meeting of Mikey Stormrage and John Constantine. Ever since Constantine was robbed of the opportunity to be put in the main event of this PPV, he and Mikey have been at each other's throats. John Constantine was, perhaps, the most proud Elite X Champion there has ever been; his goal to match the illustrious name of the Championship with his own reputation. And to be robbed of that, too, has made the Power Trip a very dangerous animal to be around. With wins over Matt Tastic and Daddy Mack this round, it seems that John is trying his best to prove that he belongs in the main event scene of WZCW. But Mikey is in no mood to allow Constantine and The Elite to waltz towards his friend; Matt Tastic, and the Heavyweight Championship. Perhaps Mikey's recent form has been poor of late but let us not forget that he is a former Tag Team Champion and EurAsian Champion...

At the end of the day, both of these guys have their own sets of motivations heading into this very personal match. It is no secret that Mikey would like the position of John Constantine; a guaranteed shot at the Heavyweight Champion in the near future under his belt. But is Mikey able to get one over on the Number One Contender and put himself in the title picture? Or is the roll of John Constantine just too much for Mikey to stop? In terms of a winner, I am going to go with the former Elite X Champion. The form book might just go out the window at Revolution but I have to go with recent results. However, matches at Revolution wont come more personal than this one.

Prediction: John Constantine

Elite X Championship
El Swago (c) / Kagura Ozhora / Bruce Irwin / Vikram / Victor Makarov​

And so it comes to the first Championship prediction of this segment. And I could not be at more of a loss to pick. Each of these guys and gals have proven themselves to be great competitors and will be looking to give a good account of themselves. El Swago finally toppled Constantine only a few rounds ago, a feat that no one thought possible. But since then, the Elite X Champion has been something of an underwhelming quantity; losing twice to Theron Daggershield in succession. But, if one thing is infinitely true of this mysterious man, he certainly knows how pull it off on the big occasion.

However, you have to think that this is going to be the biggest match of El Swago's short reign. All four of his opponents in this match have something to prove and will be looking to make sure that Swago's reign is indeed a short one. It will prove to be an international incident at Revolution when all corners of the globe are represented here and I think that the match type is really going to play into the strengths of the challengers. Let us not forget that in a Relay match, the Champion does not even need to be pinned or even in the ring to lose the Championship. The odds are firmly stacked against El Swago here and I certainly see a new Champion emerging. In terms of a winner, I am going to go for Kagura Ozhora. With a big singles win over the battling Russian competitor, I think she has cemented herself as the favourite here.

Prediction: Kagura Ozhora

Tag Team Championships
Hard Metal Penetration (c) versus Cerberus​

What a roller-coaster these two teams have found themselves on lately. The feud between them has not only been very personal, it has been very bitter. Cerberus couldn't believe their poor luck when it emerged that HMP were their opponents at Kingdom Come and it seemed as though the emotion and, perhaps, lack of preparation for their opponents showed; the crowd favourites able to pick up a win when it mattered most and dethroned the heads of Cerberus. Until then, however, Cerberus had shown themselves to be very able competitors and were looking to cement their legacy as excellent Tag Team Champions.

And the feud did not stop at Kingdom Come by any means. And one has to suggest that Cerberus have been, perhaps, the more impressive team of the two. I mean, who will forget the singles wins over each member of HMP at the last round of shows? Flex really putting the screws to SHIT in a particularly impressive showing at Meltdown. But the question remains, can Cerberus match up to their opponents in a pure Tag Team match? At this point, it stands to reason that HMP are a better “team” than Cerberus who teased their collapse only a few weeks ago. Are tensions running high within Cerberus? I don't know. But what I do know, is that they desperately need to win this match to reclaim those Championships and cement their own legacy; righting the wrongs of Kingdom Come.

Prediction: Cerberus

EurAsian Championship
Daddy Mack (c) versus Eve Taylor

Another very interesting and, sure to be, hard fought Championship match brings us to my penultimate prediction of this segment. And again, much like with John Constantine and Mikey Stormrage, it really comes down to form versus heart. Eve Taylor has, no doubt, been the more impressive specimen in a wrestling ring for the last few rounds of competition. But Daddy Mack is full of heart and has become known as one of the biggest underdogs in the history of WZCW. I mean, who can forget his magnificent showing at Kingdom Come; when he rolled back the years for one final time and claimed the EurAsian Championship for himself. And just when people were writing him and his career off? One of my favourite mark-out moments from the last year or so.

But Eve Taylor has been so impressive lately, notching up a fantastic tag team win over the World Champion and her Revolution opponent in the most recent rounds. It stands to reason whether Daddy Mack will continue after Revolution if he is unable to defend his Championship against the third head of Cerberus. But perhaps that is the best motivation for The Mack Attack as Eve proves to be a very dangerous challenger. Like I said, I guess this comes down to heart versus form. I know for a fact that Daddy Mack will give everything to keep his Championship and will have full support of the fan at ringside as he attempts to roll the years back just one more time. But I have to go with the challenger in this one for another change of Championship.

Prediction: Eve Taylor

World Heavyweight Championship
Matt Tastic (c) versus Ty Burna

Here we go!

Both of these guys have been at each other's throats for months now. Matt Tastic's history with The Elite goes a long way back, losing his EurAsian Championship to Showtime David Cougar at Lethal Lottery... Before going on to win the World Heavyweight Championship on the same night! Since then, however, Matt Tastic has been out of the frying pan and into the flames; The Elite's cross-heirs firmly fixed upon the new Word Heavyweight Champion. Once he dealt with The Beard at Kingdom Come, Matt probably knew that he was going to have to go through this ordeal at some point. And what an ordeal he has been through at the hands of The Elite. Even with the support of Mikey Stormrage, the form of Matt Tastic has taken a massive hit, losing matches to John Constantine and Eve Taylor. However, Matt has been a fighter ever since the first moment he raised the Championship above his head at Lethal Lottery. He is a hell of a Champion and someone that should never be written off, no matter what.

But then there is the small matter of, frankly, the best WZCW competitor that there has ever been. Words cannot even describe how successful Ty Burna has been in singles competition within this great company, and in relation to his many accolades that he has justly been rewarded with. His skill inside a ring can be compared to Van Gogh around a canvas, he is simply put; an expert at what he does. Ty Burna has never failed to rise to the occasion and has had a career of getting what he wants. Matt Tastic should make no mistake, his clash with Ty will be the biggest and toughest match of his veteran career and the only question that there is to answer in this one, is whether Matt Tastic can live up to the hype and put Ty Burna down?

Personally, I think he can. The Armada is on the scene and Matt Tastic is finally taking back some of the momentum heading into Revolution. He will fight with everything he has to claim the biggest win of his career and finally make some head-way into shutting The Elite down for good. Or at least, that's what this on-looker is thinking. Or hoping, actually. The Elite has gotten away with it for too long now and the desire of Matt to stay on top of the mountain cannot be called into question. In what many will claim to be a shock pick, I am going with the Champion...

Prediction: Matt Tastic

Puzzle Page​

So, you guys probably remember how this goes but just in case you don't, here's the rules of the game. You try to decipher the names of certain things related to WZCW by rearranging the letters and replacing the vowels. Here is an example:

Question: vlRCntlv
Answer: Civil Revolution

However, it did take a while for people to get some of the harder ones, so I have decided to add in a cryptic clue for each of them to give you a help for some of the harder ones. So, let's get at it one more time...

Question: sCbrr
Answer:
Clue: “WOOF!”

Question: rtkyMgrmS
Answer:
Clue: “Gaming is still real to me...”

Question: LtyhtrlLt
Answer:
Clue: “It's a gamble”

Question: ncStntx
Answer:
Clue: “Lights... Camera...”

Question: pspmmCyMhnhh
Answer:
Clue: "Chaos"

First person to PM me the correct answer will win the prizes. Good luck to everyone and thanks for taking part.

Credit goes to myself for the Magazine and Spidey for the Character Spotlight segment.

Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back