WZCW Discussion Thread

This is key for any character really. You need to give your character their own voice and really develop their personality. What I've always done was visualize myself as my actual character while I'm writing or coming up with my RP. Put yourself in the role rather then just the writer for the character. If you can really dive deep into your character, you'll be able to write more naturally and your dialogue in the piece will improve as well. Visualizing the writing is easily one of the best ways to improve your writing. See it in your head as it unfolds and write down what you're seeing.

True story: when penning the more difficult RPs for Dragon I've been known to pace up and down smoking an imaginary cigarette. I don't normally go in for that kind of method writing (is that even a thing? It is now), but it worked out pretty well here.

When I was starting up as a writer I used to struggle with character voice a lot. Dialogue was pretty much the last thing I learned how to do; everyone ended up sounding like me (good thing I totally got over that problem snarf snarf) instead of like the character I was envisioning. Early on I found the best way to get a character across was to cheat. Instead of writing a situation and then trying to pen my character's reaction to it, I would decide first what personality traits I wanted to get across to the reader and then craft a circumstance specifically tailored to bring those personality traits out.

It's fucking terrible advice in the long term, but it's a quick fix that worked for me.

Reactions: TBK
Kermit, Ricky Runn is trying to steal your wife, quick kill him.

250321_221192008010197_1793524060_n.jpg

Feeling good tonight. Life has slowed down for me. I was not at all pleased with my RP, as I wasn't able to allot myself enough time to do it properly. Labor Day weekend was just that for me...labor.

So... the good news is Meltdown is fricking awesome so far.

The bad news is that it won't be posted up until sometime within the next 10 hours. I apologize to everyone for the delay as it falls on me this time. I would buy everyone drinks from the Beer Fund, but Ty already emptied that when he left.

The bad news is that it won't be posted up until sometime within the next 10 hours. I apologize to everyone for the delay as it falls on me this time. I would buy everyone drinks from the Beer Fund, but Ty already emptied that when he left.

Eh.

The wait is worth it. I'm hyped.

I don't drink alcohol. I wouldn't mind some hand me downs from Showtime Jr. for Brad Tastic though.

Be right back, gonna go mug Ty -- drinks are on "me."

Heh, good luck with that. It's stored in an undisclosed location that requires 5 different DNA samples, a retina scan, and you gotta find me in the large expanse of North Dakota where I will have a shotgun or a very large knife ready.

Good luck.

It's mine, all mine!

Well not all of it, I gave $30 of it to the bar tonight for drinks.

That leaves the balance at..........

This is an undisclosed amount that my lawyers have told me that I should not reveal to anyone. Legal purposes.

Heh, good luck with that. It's stored in an undisclosed location that requires 5 different DNA samples, a retina scan, and you gotta find me in the large expanse of North Dakota where I will have a shotgun or a very large knife ready.

Good luck.

...not worth it.

Good luck.

Alright, this is going to take some tough measures.

What if I give you my shiny pikablu card in exchange for the money?

...not worth it.

If you knew the amount the alcohol fund currently holds, it would be.

Accept the challenge Crock, or is the wild wilderness of the plains too much to handle for yo mountain loving ass?

*Editor's note: Ty is drunk and any and all responses should not be taken as literal. I would request that no one takes my client's comments as being serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back