WZCW Discussion Thread

You all suck. You're rookies, it's to be expected. There was a little logic with all of the pairings. The arrogance of Isabel should work well with Kurtesys' calm approach.

This isn't just a character thing. We honestly hope you guys work together, exchange PMs and get advice/feedback etc.

I like to think you were my mentor when I started here bro boss. ;)

I think it's partly why I wanted this to happen so much. let's face it, if I can make Ricky Runn part of the greatest team in history then what can Ricky/Echelon/Falkon do with you guys.

Everyone needs a mentor. I've had a couple flashes of brilliance here and there but I'm still nowhere near where I want to be as a character/RP'er. That's why I'm glad Thriller took me under his wing in the New Church team.

I just find irony in the pairing, poster-wise.

NOTE: To be clear, Isabel is not a larger version of AJ Lee. Plus, I doubt Kurtesy could catch her if she jumped into his arms. That's just awkward..

I think it's partly why I wanted this to happen so much. let's face it, if I can make Ricky Runn part of the greatest team in history then what can Ricky/Echelon/Falkon do with you guys.

I think you're also forgetting another achievement in Ricky Runn's career... ;)

"nanana bubu, stick your head in dudu, because I beat you.

I was probably pure shit when I started. After I lost I almost quit because I thought I sucked that bad, plus I was totally afraid to seek out feedback when I started. You gotta keep on keepin' on though. Life's a garden dig it.

Sometimes feedback sounds harsh, but if you take it to heart it will help you. Don't take negative feedback and think the person who gave it dislikes you, we are a fairly tight knit bunch and to my knowledge none of us hate each other.....except Shotaro, fuck that guy.

Will keep that in mind, Lord Yaz. That actually helps quite a bit.

It does. Gelgarin ripped one of my [at least in my opinion] better RP's to shreds one time and showed me just how much I sucked. I've tried to practice what he suggested, and I believe its made me better.

My first two RP's were shit then I did one against Chris Beckford while he was the EurAsian Champ and beat him...it was a count out loss but I won!

Couldn't do it without the feedback I got.

Okay, before I go anywhere with this feedback. I just want to touch on my biggest pet peeve in writing.

ALOT IS NOT A FUCKING WORD! IT IS "A LOT" NOT "ALOT" THIS IS SOMETHING YOU LEARN IN THE FOURTH GRADE. I'M NO ENGLISH MAJOR BY ANY MEANS BUT "ALOT" BUGS ME MORE THAN ANYTHING. STOP IT, STOP DOING THAT RIGHT NOW. AND THAT GOES TO ANYONE WHO WRITES "ALOT" (I'M LOOKING AT YOU GUYS, RYDER, DYNAMITE, AWESOME_MIZ)

Now first off, The setting was a repeat of your last one. It feels lazy to go back to pretty much the same exact setting with different dialog. Jacobs is a Superstar now. I doubt he would need to still work part time at a Nightclub. I would think after getting that new big paycheck from WZCW Jacobs would move on with his life than continue to work at a club as a simple bouncer. The setting was simple, but the repeat in the same scenario just left me with wanting something different.

Secondly, the dialog was alright. You use Kensworth pretty well, but their is no descriptive narration to keep the RP and the dialog moving along well. Do Jacobs and Kensworth stand in the middle of cross town traffic and speak to each other about the next Aftershock? Does Kensworth keep his cool? Does he get upset? Does Jacobs smile and start doing the robot during the conversation? This dialog would work if this was a phone call or a podcast, but the scene you are painting is a real-time event between two people. Give the dialog some life.

Also, Jacob's knowledge on what The Masked Gent is almost surreal. How on earth did he know what Gent said about Jacobs? Was Jacobs the goon holding the camera for Becky? Using your foe's RP against them can only work in so many cases. But being able to summon upon knowledge on the promo Gent did just doesn't make any sense. And the fact Kensworth just told Jacobs about the match. It just doesn't add up. How does Jacobs acquire that kind of knowledge. The other stuff was fine with the height and weight difference, but once again. Where did Jacobs come across this knowledge?

Now I like that you went into Jacob's past in your dialog. The story of Jacobs mugging old ladies makes Jacobs just a plain unlikable character.But to nitpick at this. People who commit crimes like a mugging are usually desperate and did it to either get by in their rent, or get a quick fix for their addictions. It seems really off someone would spend their spare time in some alleyway mugging old people for fun.

Overall: The premise of the RP was alright, but it was completely befuddled by repeating what you did in your past RP. Completely random nonsense, and a lifeless dialog really hurt this RP. AND DID I MENTION "ALOT" SENT ME INTO A ALL CAP WRITING FRENZY?

This is the best feedback I ever got. It was from Pancake on my second RP. I thought I had a winner on my hands. He tore me to shreds. It was what I needed though, and I believe that more feedback like this should be given.

So will the Mentor program be like NXT where we have to do challenges like the keg carry? And will the actuall mentors be voting for the winners for the Unscripted match or will it be creative voting?

No challenges, that's stupid. It's going to be done by vote or RPs, probably a combination of the two over the entire event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back