• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WZ FFL on ESPN.com

Well, yet another WZ FFL. I was the final member of the 1st league, but was mysteriously removed from the league. Then, I didn't join the second league, thinking I wouldn't need to. So I'm bringing a WZ FFL to my stomping grounds: ESPN.com! The league hasn't been created yet because I want a head count before it's made. If you want in, also let me know you wanna do a Snake draft online or create a thread for our draft (I have no problem entering the data by hand).

So lemme know who wants in so we can get started!

EDIT: Actually, I will make the league right now, and I'll start with 16 teams, and if 4 extras decide they want in, I'll let them in.

The league is now set up for 16 teams with room for 4 more if needed. If you want in, leave your email address here or send it to me by personal message.

BTW: Also, post the team name you're gonna have along with your email so I know who you are. I'm the Boowaston Nexus.

And since there are so many open spots to be held, anyone who's in the other two leagues can join if they wish. Just gimme your email so I can send the invite.

Alright, I have reached out to 2 other wrestling forums, so hopefully we'll have members from 3 different forums coming together for this league! It should be good, as long as at least one other person joins the league. hahaha Because right now, it's literally just me and up to 19 open spots.

You obviously didn't read the first post. I was kicked out of the first one and I still don't know why, and I didn't join the second one because I didn't think I needed to.

While I can't tell you for sure, I would bet the reason you were booted from league 1 is that you either never got permission to join, a more reputable poster then yourself wanted in, or the league was already at its desired number. You are a relative newcomer here, only being around for a couple months, and the commissioner of the league may never have approved your joining.

And the reason no one joined your league is probably cause no one knows who you are. That, and it seems that the (un)Official Fantasy Sports Website of WrestleZone Forums seems to be Yahoo, not ESPN.

PS: Seriously, a 20 team League? Child Please.

While I can't tell you for sure, I would bet the reason you were booted from league 1 is that you either never got permission to join, a more reputable poster then yourself wanted in, or the league was already at its desired number. You are a relative newcomer here, only being around for a couple months, and the commissioner of the league may never have approved your joining.

And the reason no one joined your league is probably cause no one knows who you are. That, and it seems that the (un)Official Fantasy Sports Website of WrestleZone Forums seems to be Yahoo, not ESPN.

PS: Seriously, a 20 team League? Child Please.

Hmm, that's wierd, because last time I checked, the thread said something along the lines of, "There's 1 more spot left for whoever wants it." And I wanted it, so I claimed it, and I felt I was given permission. Yes, I'm a newcomer, but what happened to treating everyone equally?

And you're right, not many people know who I am. And I don't know who most of you guys are. But that really shouldn't make a difference. I was simply extending an offer for another league because I wanted to play with some of you on here and feel like I was getting involved. But you obviously took that away from me.

I've never really used Yahoo, since I learned about FF through my father on ESPN. And I never said the league was going to stick to 20 teams. I set that as the maximum, and if less than that would join (which was highly likely), I would reduce the number of teams.

Besides, it may have happened anyway, since I posted the invitation on 3 seperate forums. That's what makes my league different. I guess you can say this is more of an experiment than a fantasy football league.

My point is, I was removed of my oppertunity to get involved for once, so I made my own league.

Hmm, that's wierd, because last time I checked, the thread said something along the lines of, "There's 1 more spot left for whoever wants it." And I wanted it, so I claimed it, and I felt I was given permission. Yes, I'm a newcomer, but what happened to treating everyone equally?
You're right, except for 2 very important things.
1. If your league had the max number of people in it already, and one of your friends wanted in, you can't tell me you wouldn't boot someone you didn't know.
2. No disrespect, you may be a good fantasy player, but if you don't know someone, you can't guarantee they will stay involved in the league for the duration of the season.
3. You're new, and new people are at a higher risk of being stupid and getting bant. The league commish doesn't want bant people in the league.

And you're right, not many people know who I am. And I don't know who most of you guys are. But that really shouldn't make a difference. I was simply extending an offer for another league because I wanted to play with some of you on here and feel like I was getting involved. But you obviously took that away from me.
With regards to your other league, there are already 2 WrestleZone leagues, and a lot of the guys likely do their own leagues outside of WrestleZone. They might not want to do a 4th league, especially when they do not know the commissioner.

I've never really used Yahoo, since I learned about FF through my father on ESPN. And I never said the league was going to stick to 20 teams. I set that as the maximum, and if less than that would join (which was highly likely), I would reduce the number of teams.
I never did Yahoo until this years Fantasy baseball, and I don't use ESPN anymore. I liked ESPN, but my preferred league is the WZ leagues, which use Yahoo.

Again, 20 teams? Child Please. You should start with a lower number, because it's unlikely you'll be able to get 20 people (unless you make it a public league where any ESPN user can join)

Besides, it may have happened anyway, since I posted the invitation on 3 seperate forums. That's what makes my league different. I guess you can say this is more of an experiment than a fantasy football league.
I have no clue how it's an experiment. It sounds like a Fantasy Football league to me.

And you invited people from 3 different forums, meaning there is a much greater chance of not knowing the other people in the league. That is another turnoff.
My point is, I was removed of my oppertunity to get involved for once, so I made my own league.
Nothing wrong with that. I just figured I would at least try to give a POSSIBLE explanation as to why you were removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back