• Kurt Angle

• Edge

• Undertaker

• Shawn Michaels

• A.J. Styles

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for Kurt Angle. Not only is the man technically sound, but he's a brilliant leader for TNA and I assure you his ego is justified. He may be second only to Edge in the heel stakes, and the man can cut a fantastic promo. He's carried TNA this year, and I don't think it's any coincidence that this year has been TNA's most successful yet.

But if you vote for anybody other than Angle, make it Edge. He saved SmackDown! from certain disaster, hopping over to Raw and ripping the belt from the Deadman's clammy (he's dead, after all) grasp. He's got the most heat that anyone has had in recent years, and is intensely popular with the IWC. He is, for all intents and purposes, the anti-Cena.

There is only one choice, and the choice is Kurt Angle. Three of the other guys on this list were injured a big chunk of the year, and Styles is second fiddle to Angle.

Angle has one all of the gold in TNA, he's made Samoa Joe his bitch, and he puts over guys like Jay Lethal. His promos are superb, his in ring ability is the best in the business bar none, and his matches never fail to deliver.

The presence of Angle in TNA, as much as TNA Smarks choose to blindly deny it, has made TNA into the legit number two company. The Ratings continue to slowly climb, all under the reign of Angle as the top man in the company. You can deny it all you want, but you know TNA is Total Nonstop Angle, and Kurt Angle is the wrestler of 2007, if not the decade.

Edge. In my opinion he's one of the only positives in WWE at the moment. He might not be a better wrestler than Angle. But He's just as entertaining. While Angle's career is almost over, I don't feel Edge has peaked yet. You can tell how good a wrestler is when the product is dull without them. There were lots of injuries but only Edges ruined Smackdown as a whole.

He was the only person win the whole Rated RKO/D-X feud that came out of no worse than he went in. That fued did nothing for any of thise wrestlers.

He was the star of The Rumble. Taker & HBK stole the last 10 minutes. But the other 50 were all Edges.

His Mania appearence was a dissapointment. The Raw main event should have been a 4-Way. But The MITB was still an entertaining match.

The Backlash main event reeked of awesomeness.

His fued with Batista was one of the best of the year. He was another wrestler who made Batista look good.

The guy is great. Barring more injuries he will go down as one of the best ever.

I'm sorry, but people who are voting Angle astound me. The man is a smark's dream I realize, but he's an average at best wrestler at this point in his career.

John Cena wipes the floor with any of these candidates this year. The only one who comes close would be HBK, but that's in part because of his matches with Cena. Cena had the TWO match of the year possibilities in Umaga at RR and HBK on Raw, not to mention a very good WM main-event, a very good match with Bobby Lashley, he carried Orton to a solid main-event at Summerslam, and made not one, but TWO matches with Khali interesting and entertaining. Cena is my obvious choice.

Out of these candidates, it goes to Shawn Michaels. Even with the injury, HBK has had good bouts before and after.

Edge is not that good of a wrestler. He's overrated because he's a good gimmick match wrestler and can talk. His in-ring skills, in classic bouts, are average at best. Undertaker only comes around every once in a while, and was injured for part of the year as well, so I just couldn't vote for him (at least HBK is a full-time wrestler). And AJ Styles has been in tag team and specialty bouts for most of the year, and really hasn't been given much of a chance for good and solid singles bouts.

All of these men (including Cena) have very good charisma and presence, so it's just really their in-ring work being evaluated.

Cena was easily the best, but out of these choices, I'm going with HBK.

Kurt Angle - It kills me to have to vote for him, but I did. Of the choices, I would have loved to vote for Styles, but I couldn't in good faith because he has been wrapped up in tag team wrestling for a good portion of the year.
Angle is a tremendous wrestler and TNA has given him the ball to run with. There is no denying that Angle has accomplished nearly all there is to accomplish in TNA this year.
With that being said, I think Christian Cage was a better champion and had had a bigger impact on TNA this year. He should have been one the choice, because in my eyes, he is the wrestler of the year.

Kurt Angle deserves this award. I am not a huge Kurt Angle fan, but when TNA pretty much gives him everything(titles, power, every main event of the year, and a near spotless record) it is hard not to vote for him. I would have voted for Edge, but he didn't wrestle his way to be great, he pissed people off to be great.

My vote goes to the Undertaker. Sure he missed 3 months of ring time due to injury, but he had an amazing start of the year winning the Royal Rumble and carrying Batista to a good match at Wrestlemania. He has consistently been part of Smackdown's World Title scene all year (with the exception of when he was injured). Undertaker looks as good as he ever has in the ring and continues to entertain week in and week out.

John Cena by far.

Angle, as much as I love the guy, is not as good as he used to be. He does have good matches but they often lack good psychology and storytelling. I'm a HUGE Angle mark, but logic only tells you that Cena is the rightful winner of this award. Edge, HBK and Undertaker have all had a good year too, but they haven't had as many good matches as Cena. Until his injury, Cena consistently had good matches throughout the year (against Umaga, HBK, Lashley, Orton). He always tells a great story in the ring, he's good on the mic, he has bucket loads of charisma and he's the top draw in the business. He's the top draw for a reason, because he's good.

I voted for HBK. His match at Mania with Cena was damn good, and then their hour long match on RAW was classic. I may be in the minority, but I think HBK carried Cena in those matches. Cena may have some talent, but HBK has a whole lot more and he proves how good he is every single time he wrestles.

I would have said Undertaker, but his injury cut short his title reign, which was supposed to have lasted a great deal of time, and thus would have most likely made him my vote, but maybe next year.

as much as i really cant bring myself to watch WWE anymore, and as much as i wanna say Bryan Danielson is Wrestler of the Year based on his consistently outstanding performances this year, i have to give credit where it is do the most, and i vote for John Cena

i am not a big fan of his, and i even booed the shit out of him a few years ago before it was the "cool" thing to do, but i can see for myself that he doesnt deserve that at all...he is hands down the savior of WWE, he has the heart of a lion and has taken on all comers this year, and he has tweeked his game a lot this year...as corny as he is, he deserves some respect for what he does

Even with his injury, it's easily John Cena. Angle has actually had a pretty good year but it's really easy to forget about all he actually has done because of all the goofy segments and bad booking all around all the bright spots.

Edge. I think he saved Smackdown when he jumped over and stole the title from Undertaker. Without Edge on Smackdown we would probably still be seeing Undertaker vs Batista. At the Royal Rumble I think Edge lasted the longest time in the Royal Rumble match. I am not a big Edge fan, but he defiantly is a very good superstar. He very well wins my vote.

I give it to Kurt Angle.

He leaves the WWE despite the injuries he's had that could kill him, he continued his dominant nature. Bringing his wife Karen into it was an added bonus.

He brought some good wrestling to TNA that has been full of hasbeens and some mid-carders at best and he started feuds with the best of them.

He is now the Champion again. Well done Kurt. Now you'll have to deal with Booker T now.

Edge. As far as I'm concerned he pretty much single-handedly made SmackDown! worth watching this year. RAW and Impact have other stars to fall back on if the #1 gets injured; the Batista vs. Khali feud just reminded me how good Edge and Taker are.

Angle is the reason I quit watching TNA. The man you build your franchise on should not piss people off and make them write off a show they had so much hope for. I have heard others with a similar opinion.

I wanted Orton because from May until December no one and I mean no one had my attention more. I am a bigger fan of Taker's and HBK's but Orton stayed healthy and is probably the second most hated man in the WWE and maybe wrestling (from a fan's stand point rather than the smarks who dispise of HHH or Angle). But since Orton is not a choice, I have to go with EDGE.

If Kurt Angle's character actually matched what he's capable of, instead of this ridiculous persona he has now, then I'd have voted for him.

Edge, as others have stated, saved Smackdown, brought surprises, and keeps wrestling interesting. He IS the entertainment of WWE.

Styles doesn't even belong on this list.

I voted for Edge. I love watching Edge wrestler. Hell he even had a good match with Kane!

I love how Edge wrestles in Character, not like Randy Orton (for example) who forgets he's a heel as soon as he gets in the ring and ends up wrestling a 1 dimensional match.

With Edge he plays his character all the way through, it's great. He has the most heat all year. The biggest heel of the century (2000) apart from Heel Rock and Heel Austin of course. Oh and maybe Heel Triple H.

Firstly, Id like to say, Im kinda confused as to why Cena isnt involved in this...he was involved in just as, if not more action than the guys on this list, even with the injury....Love him, or Hate him, id say he is the ONLY choice for runner up to the guy I voted for...

Edge...I agree with jake, In that Edge was the closest to indespensible as any one on any show...Smackdown is a WAY better show with him, as is evidenced with the great program that is currently going on with he, taker and batista....You can always count on edge, wethere it be entertaining matches, or promos, and he was involved in two of my favorite matches of the year, the DX vs RKO match at NYR, and the triple threat match at armageddon. His feud with batista eaarlier in the year owned. Edge for wrestler of the year

I have a question... why is AJ Styles on here? He was Christians lackey for over 1/2 of the year and Angles for a little bit. I thought he shouldn't have even been on the list.

I voted for the Undertaker because along with winning the Rumble, he carried Batista at WrestleMania and the Backlash match was the best of the year in my opinion. Then at the end of the year the triple threat match was also great. He was planned to have a long title reign if it wasn't for the injury. That's why I chose Undertaker.

I have a question... why is AJ Styles on here? He was Christians lackey for over 1/2 of the year and Angles for a little bit. I thought he shouldn't have even been on the list

It's called a gimmick dude. No matter what the gimmick a wrestler's talent and performance will always shine through it.

Styles takes my vote. Why? The man can wrestle and has proven to be more than a casual spot monkey.

It's called a gimmick dude. No matter what the gimmick a wrestler's talent and performance will always shine through it.

Styles takes my vote. Why? The man can wrestle and has proven to be more than a casual spot monkey.

while i agree that styles is great, this is a year end awards thread. so it takes into consideration what someone has accomplished specifically in the last year. and styles has been nothing but a clown all year. sure he's one of the best pure wrestlers TNA has, but this year has not been an example of that. nor did he really achieve anything this year besides being a gimmick man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back