WWE's 50 greatest superstars list.

Yeah, this is bullshit. While I've never been a big Hulk Hogan fan, and I'm a huge Shawn Michaels fan, even I know that Hulk should be on the very top and Shawn should probably not even be in top 3 or 5.

I think the reason for Shawn being put as number 1 is due to reportedly Vince's favorite superstar of all time being Shawn. He was loyal as hell to WWE, and he is one of, if not the greatest overall wrestler of all time.

However, Hulk Hogan is by far the greatest superstar of all time. Also, I find it absolutely ridiculous that Ric isn't even in the top 10. There's a lot of bullshit with this list, a lot of wrestlers wrongly placed.

Hell, this list is more wrong than the one made by some user on here last week.

Yeah, this is bullshit. While I've never been a big Hulk Hogan fan, and I'm a huge Shawn Michaels fan, even I know that Hulk should be on the very top and Shawn should probably not even be in top 3 or 5.

I think the reason for Shawn being put as number 1 is due to reportedly Vince's favorite superstar of all time being Shawn. He was loyal as hell to WWE, and he is one of, if not the greatest overall wrestler of all time.

However, Hulk Hogan is by far the greatest superstar of all time. Also, I find it absolutely ridiculous that Ric isn't even in the top 10. There's a lot of bullshit with this list, a lot of wrestlers wrongly placed.

Hell, this list is more wrong than the one made by some user on here last week.

Ferbian, I think the title of the thread is the greatest WWE superstar of all time. Ric Flair had a good career in WWE but he has done miles more in WCW. I think that is why he has not been placed in the top 10.

I agree though that Hulk should be at the top but then he is in TNA and Vince does not view that as just another slight offence. So, in my opinion, it should be either Hogan or Austin.

BTW I'm more interested to know how Mysterio made it to the top 10. Looks like the little Mexican is back to his whining ways.

are you kidding me with Flair and Rhodes that far down the list behind mysterio and Cena. I like the Rock but noway is he ahead of the Dragon. No Barry Windham who is arguably one of the best non-World Champions of all-time. With all due respect to guys like Shawn and the Taker but they are not better workers than the top guys from the JCP. What about AA another great wrestler just another VKM ego take over and has no idea what "wrestling" is about!!!!!!!

Ferbian, I think the title of the thread is the greatest WWE superstar of all time. Ric Flair had a good career in WWE but he has done miles more in WCW. I think that is why he has not been placed in the top 10.

Well sure, but obviously it wouldn't explain how the hell Gorgeous George is number 13 when he never wrestled in WWE, WWF or even WWWF?

Or How about Lou Thesz?

Neither one of them ever competed in WWE. However Ric Flair has numerous years with them, and an actual WWE legacy to live from.

I agree though that Hulk should be at the top but then he is in TNA and Vince does not view that as just another slight offence. So, in my opinion, it should be either Hogan or Austin.

I guess that's true. As well as it's said that Vince has his past of hating Hulk Hogan for going to WCW and all that. But either way he does deserve to be number one, and there could be changed a lot on this list to make it much more appropriate.

BTW I'm more interested to know how Mysterio made it to the top 10. Looks like the little Mexican is back to his whining ways.

I don't like it either. But he still does have quite a legacy both in terms of innovating parts of Lucha Libre, and being a fairly successful WWE wrestler.

Fellas fellas. This is just a list of the 50 people on the dvd. It's not in any specific order. You really think they'd have Jerry Lawler over Hulk Hogan?

Finally someone who got it!

Its in no specific order! I mean do you really think that they'd have Hogan and Flair so low ... NO. This is just a list of superstars who will be on the DVD in a random order, surprises me that people cant see that

1. Shawn Michaels
2. The Undertaker
3. Steve Austin
4. Bret Hart
5. The Rock
6. Harley Race
7. Ricky Steamboat
8. Andre the Giant
9. Rey Mysterio.
10. Roddy Piper
11. Eddie Guerrero
12. Triple H
13. Gorgeous George
14. Randy Savage
15. Curt Hennig
16. John Cena
17. Ric Flair
18. Dusty Rhodes
19. Edge
20. Jerry Lawler
21. Lou Thesz
22. Terry Funk
23. Hulk Hogan
24. Bruno Sammartino
25. Chris Jericho
26. Ted DiBiase
27. Fabulous Moolah
28. Freddie Blassie
29. Randy Orton
30. Pat Patterson
31. The Iron Sheik
32. Jimmy Snuka
33. Mick Foley
34. Kurt Angle
35. Buddy Rogers
36. Gorilla Monsoon
37. Junkyard Dog
38. Billy Graham
39. Jake Roberts
40. Big Show
41. Jack Brisco
42. Sgt. Slaughter
43. Kane
44. Nick Bockwinkel
45. Jeff Hardy
46. Dory Funk Jr.
47. Bob Backlund
48. Rick Rude
49. Batista
50. Killer Kowalski

I just saw this on the main website and it had me curious about what others thought of this list and not only the names on it but more importantly the position those names hold on the list.

Do you agree or disagree?

Would you change anyone's position on the list?

That's BS!
First of all, how the hell did rey mysterio made it to the top 10?!Eddie and piper over HHH?! Cena over flair?! Hulk Hogan is #23?! LMAO!

HBK is the greatest in-ring wrestler of all time(followed by taker) IMO, but this business isn't just about in-ring abilities. Taker-just like shawn- is an icon in the sport, but he never been the top guy, so i won't rate over austin, nor rock(Taker never been the face of the company while these two were in it). Both of them(rock and austin) had bigger impact than taker and hbk, and they were clearly the bigger stars. And by the way, Kurt Angle is WAY too low. The guy was so dominant, he reached legendary stats in a short amount of time. Plus, He was a great WRESTLER and a great ENTERTAINER, and that's something hard to find.

My top 3:

1-Hogan
2-Austin
3-Rock

People, people, people! Calm down. I guarantee this is just a list that lands these superstars in no particular order. Vince McMahon has said, on live television, that Steve Austin is the greatest superstar in the history of the WWE.

Vince is no moron. Do I think, if this list were in order, he would have stuck it to Flair and Hogan a little bit anyway? Probably, but not to the extent of having Flair #17 and Hogan at freakin' #23! There is no particular order to this list, and I'm sure we'll find that to be the truth sometime in the near future.

However, if this is the real order (and it's most certainly not), it would be the worst 1-50 listing ever created..dealing with anything, anywhere, and at any point in time. Due to Hogan's leaving for TNA, I could definitely see WWE ranking Austin ahead of Hogan. Hell, I think they would have done that anyway. But Shawn and Taker at #1 and #2 is a complete joke, proving this thing cannot be going in any kind of order.

And look at HHH. Do you think there's any chance in hell he would allow himself to end up that low on that list? Especially behind guys like The Rock, Rey Mysterio, Ricky Steamboat, Roddy Piper and Eddie Guerrero? NO way would HHH stand for that, sorry to say.

I really can't see how anyone can buy into this being in any kind of order. But, if by some God-forsaken turn of events, it turns out to be in order...I want to know what idiot put this list out before checking with McMahon. I bet he'll have a job next week....

Wether he likes it or not, Rock>HHH and it's not even close. Rock accomplished alot in a very short period of time. He became an icon in 6yrs and that's something doesn't happen. Beside, while rock was in the company i never heared anyone mentioning HHH as the top guy. You can argue about titles and all that stuff, but i have a Q: How many times was HHH the champion in 2002? That's right he was like 4 times champion, and you know why? I'll leave the answer to you.

Well like all of you i thought 'what the fuck' when i first read it. But then someone mentioned that perhaps the list was compiled BY actual wrestlers, and maybe that's how it's come to be this way. That would explain why some of the truly old school guys like Sammartino and Thesz have even made the list, because the older stars actually remember them.

I hate HHH, but there's no fucking way in hell, that Rey Mysterio, or even Guerrero should be above him in a top 50 list. Being dead, and being the guy who spunges off the fact that that other guy is dead, does not qualify you to be placed over one of the biggest stars the WWE/F has ever had. Fuck man, HHH was arguably the biggest star when these two even joined the 'E' respectively, so how in the hell did they get ranked above him?

And Jeff Hardy doesn't belong on that list. The only list he belongs on is the 'Most miraculous success stories ever' in that he managed to succeed so well in WWE despite being a drugged up spot monkey.

Now I'm not gonna give every last detail on what I think about the list, because it's quite early. But I will lend my two cents on this thing. First off, and this might just be me, but i think Y2J Chris Jericho should be up quite the bit higher on the list, along with a few others, but I mean come on Jericho went 20 years without causing ingury that must prove something.

All the same, I got a feeling this isn't really in any specific order. I mean to compare 50 of your "best"(some shouldn't have made it but whatever) in perfect order from best to worst would be pretty hard, taking all their attributes into mind some are higher than others in many different ways, it would be a bit of a tangle to make it in perfect order.

Also for the people complaining about where John Cena is, he may not be a pro wrestling technician, but he does bring alot to the table and done alot for the WWE in the past 5-6 years or so, he does deserve a spot pretty high on the list.

Anyways, that's my two cents.

First off, I hate Hulk Hogan, thus I still disagree on the fact that he's not number 1, the guy made WWE become mainstream, hell if it wasnt for him, WWE would NOT be successful the way it is today. Who knows if it would even be around?

Im a Michaels fan, and even I dont think he deserves to be in the number 1 spot.

and Eddie & Rey over HHH? WTF!?!?!

Now I am extremely pissed at how they placed Chris Jericho & John Cena.

John Cena is WWE, I said it. They place Rey over him? are you serious?
As far as Jericho goes, 25 is not the way to place one of the greatest superstars of all time.

The man has wrestled in every promotion, the man has great ring, and mic work. Has been with the WWE for over 10 years. Had a great career, and inspired many young superstars. I really dont think he should be #25.

How is Edge over Jericho?!?!? Yes Edge has had many world title reigns, but Jericho is one of the greatest Intercontinental Champions, he had over 9 reigns with the Intercontinental Title, Hes a multi time World Champion, Jerichos a way better wrestler than Edge, and can play both Face & Heel very well. Something Edge lacks at.

& why is Batista on this list?.... anyone? The guy is top 50 in the biggest botcher
That just my opinion.

WOW!!!!! i dont know if u guys relized but the rocks not even in it!!!!!!
the rock was the one who made the ratings on fire..

rob van dams not in it either. sure he was ecw but wwe helped elevate him and now hes on top.

and also i think it shouldint be a top 50 cuz then tht will make good wrestlers suck by putting guys like cena in front of them. it should just be 50 greatest wrestlers of.....

I've been wondering why in the world WWE would make a list like this in the first place. If they simply want the wrestling community to debate the merits of their picks.....well, they've succeeded, haven't they? Other than that, I can't imagine what they hoped to accomplish with a ridiculous project like this.

Whenever we see these kinds of lists, we debate the criterion used in creating it. How is WWE defining "the best?" Wrestling ability? Crowd-drawing ability? Length of title reign? Willingness to sign autographs?

For my part, I call placing Hogan at #23 and Bruno at #24 an exercise in absurdity. I mean.....c'mon now!

And how about Bob Backlund at #47? He held the title for 5 years, had wrestling ability on the level of Kurt Angle, and drew crowds. How could 46 guys be above him?

It's a weird list.....and it's weird that it was ever created.

The problem with the list is that we have no clue what they are basing the rankings on. Could it be possible that they give more credit to guys like HBK and Taker because they were in the WWE their whole career (when they were relevant). Hogan and Flair were not in WWE the whole time, they jumped ship to WCW. I'm not sure what it is based on. We will have to watch the DVD to see. I see it like this base on popularity and money.

1.Hogan
2.Austin
3.Rock
4.Ultimate Warrior
5.Bret Hart

This list is a total joke. Hogan and Flair are the top 2 wrestlers of all-time. Hogan was the greatest face of all-time and Flair was the most complete wrestler of all-time. Just because they are in TNA doesn't take away what they have accomplished. Jerry Lawler was the greatest wrestler to come from Tennessee by far but he wasn't a recognizable person until he joined Raw as a commentator.

Irish574, Bob Holly? He wouldn't even be in my top 500!

I think its amusing that Randy Savage is rated higher than Flair and Hogan even though McMahon supposedly hates him.

To conclude, this list is an absolute joke and has no merit.

Hmmm...

An interesting list, to say the least. Ric Flair and Hogan got dissed because they work for a rival company. Bruno Sammartino got dissed because he and Vince have beef. So I knew those were coming, and in fact, it surprises me that Bruno even made the list because of aforementioned beef. But way to go either way.

Now then, Rey being that high on any list is incredibly disgraceful. His success in the WWE is a result of his bitching and whinning, and his first world title reign came as a result of Vince McMahon sucking the "Death of Eddie Guerrero" tit. Rey doesn't deserve to be in the top 90.

To all those who have beef with Triple H's placement, I say that he is a leech who screwed his way to the top, using the boss's daughter to get what he wanted. He has never nor will he ever put over younger guys and get them elevated, something I think he thinks is beneath him - putting the younger guys over is something I believe should come with any veteran's territory. The only reason he put Sheamus, Orton, and Batista over is because they're HHH's friends. Triple H is a low-life piece of shit and a disgrace to the everything the business is supposed to be about. In my mind, he shouldn't even be on this list or any other.

Shawn Michaels is truly the greatest of all time. He's a total package guy who, in fact, has been the top guy in the company (and for all those who believe otherwise, he CARRIED the company in the time leading up to the Austin's win at Mania that kickstarted the attitude era. Remember that?). He deserves every accolade he could ever possibly earn and I respect him wholeheartedly.

Batista is another one who shouldn't be on the list. Nuff said.

I've seen a number of people on here say that Taker's never been the top guy. Clearly, you've never watched pro wrestling during the attitude era. You don't have to have the title to be the top guy. Rowdy Roddy Piper proved that.

Cena should be WAAYYY lower - like top 80 or 90. While he may be the face of the company right now, he isn't that big, he isn't influential, he doesn't have a legacy. But he is an entertaining guy nonetheless.

First off, I hate Hulk Hogan, thus I still disagree on the fact that he's not number 1, the guy made WWE become mainstream, hell if it wasnt for him, WWE would NOT be successful the way it is today. Who knows if it would even be around?

Im a Michaels fan, and even I dont think he deserves to be in the number 1 spot.

and Eddie & Rey over HHH? WTF!?!?!

Now I am extremely pissed at how they placed Chris Jericho & John Cena.

John Cena is WWE, I said it. They place Rey over him? are you serious?
As far as Jericho goes, 25 is not the way to place one of the greatest superstars of all time.

The man has wrestled in every promotion, the man has great ring, and mic work. Has been with the WWE for over 10 years. Had a great career, and inspired many young superstars. I really dont think he should be #25.

How is Edge over Jericho?!?!? Yes Edge has had many world title reigns, but Jericho is one of the greatest Intercontinental Champions, he had over 9 reigns with the Intercontinental Title, Hes a multi time World Champion, Jerichos a way better wrestler than Edge, and can play both Face & Heel very well. Something Edge lacks at.

& why is Batista on this list?.... anyone? The guy is top 50 in the biggest botcher
That just my opinion.

mysterio deserves to be above cena and il tell u why

just because rey won the rumble and title at mania definitely did not qualify him for the spot hes on. i agree tht he shudnt be above guys like hogan hhh jericho. but he deserves to be above cena. CENA IS WWE. tht is true. but cena had NO CAREER BEFORE WWE. il say it again. CENA HAD NO CAREER BEFORE WWE. whereas rey has been dominating lucha libre, mexican wrestling, cruiserweight divisions. he had a small stint in ecw and in wcw he was owning all. he comes to wwe and his career skyrocketed.

in all honesty what has cena done except stay champion lose the title for another month and then win it again and then wait for a whole year before losing it again for a month. same with batista except he was on a different brand.

mysterio deserves to be on the list. not so high but he does. and he deserves to be above cena and batista and jeff hardy for tht matter.

i still dont get y jeff hardy is on tht list. the guys been on drug charges more days than his title reigns. he never deserved to be in the running for title. he was much bttr off as a tag team with matt.

and another guy said y the rock is above steamboat.

really ??? ur comparing the rock. one of the most entertaining and charismatic wrestlers of all time to steamboat. steamboat was in the wwf/e for a total of 4 years. 3 years first run then 1 year second run. and during tht time he was intercontinental champ ONCE.

rock has been champ 7 times wcw champ twice 5 time tag team and 3 time intercontinental. he won the rumble. headlined 3 wrestlemanias with stone cold had amazing matches with triple h.

can u compare dragon steamboat with the rock???

i know, they should call it Top 50 WWE superstar of all times, that john cena is above flair is ridiculous. This list is completly biased by wwe standarts, to me Hogan and Flair should be on the top 5, i mean shawn is a great performer but no more than hogan and flair.

Are you people serious?

The WWE are the premier wrestling organisation, they are not some impartial body overseeing professional wrestling. How anyone can expect Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and others to top the list of their new DVD release is beyond me. Hulk Hogan is the focal point for the company's main rival, and you expect him to be featured more predominantly on what will be a no doubt highly publicised release?

I'm surprised he's even on the list at all. WWE won't, nor should they ever, feature talent from rival organisations on their programming. The fact that they respect their legacies enough to waiver this is testament to how respectful and professional WWE is. Either that, or they consider TNA not to be a threat to the extent that their talent can still make money for their rival. This list, believe it or not, is biased.

WWE has released DVDs on both Hulk Hogan and Jeff Hardy after they joined TNA, and they promoted the hell out of them, even though just one click away we could have switched to TNA on Spike to watch them instead of Raw (if I remember correctly the Hogan DVD release was at the same time as Impact trying to go head-to-head with Raw).

WWE knows that both of those names draw with their audience, so it would actually be smarter to have them featured more predominately on the DVD.

Also, you underestimate just how confident WWE is right now when it comes to their "competition" in TNA. TNA is not a "rival" promotion in their eyes, or anything close to it; they're the minor leagues to WWE.

The fact is, IF this is a legit 1-50 list, then WWE put guys like Hogan and Flair so low just to say "fuck you" to them and start their brainwashing of their fan base about the greatest wrestlers of all time. When Flair was with WWE, they tried to brain wash people that he was the greatest of all time, and now that he left them, they're starting the process with Michaels. It's childish games with WWE... not about business. Seriously, what does it accomplish to call Shawn Michaels the greatest Superstar of all time? Nothing, that's what. They treat the guys who have been "loyal" to them with ass kissery so they don't end up abandoning them, and they treat the guys who they think abandoned them like shit. That's all it is, and to me it's ridiculous to steer facts just because WWE isn't pleased with what Hogan and Flair are doing right now, and are afraid what lasting legends they have left might do to them in the future.

WWE shouldn't make a DVD like this if they can't have the integrity to put together a legitimate, respectable list. Bottom line...

Hmmm...

An interesting list, to say the least. Ric Flair and Hogan got dissed because they work for a rival company. Bruno Sammartino got dissed because he and Vince have beef. So I knew those were coming, and in fact, it surprises me that Bruno even made the list because of aforementioned beef. But way to go either way.

Now then, Rey being that high on any list is incredibly disgraceful. His success in the WWE is a result of his bitching and whinning, and his first world title reign came as a result of Vince McMahon sucking the "Death of Eddie Guerrero" tit. Rey doesn't deserve to be in the top 90.

To all those who have beef with Triple H's placement, I say that he is a leech who screwed his way to the top, using the boss's daughter to get what he wanted. He has never nor will he ever put over younger guys and get them elevated, something I think he thinks is beneath him - putting the younger guys over is something I believe should come with any veteran's territory. The only reason he put Sheamus, Orton, and Batista over is because they're HHH's friends. Triple H is a low-life piece of shit and a disgrace to the everything the business is supposed to be about. In my mind, he shouldn't even be on this list or any other.

Shawn Michaels is truly the greatest of all time. He's a total package guy who, in fact, has been the top guy in the company (and for all those who believe otherwise, he CARRIED the company in the time leading up to the Austin's win at Mania that kickstarted the attitude era. Remember that?). He deserves every accolade he could ever possibly earn and I respect him wholeheartedly.

I've seen a number of people on here say that Taker's never been the top guy. Clearly, you've never watched pro wrestling during the attitude era. You don't have to have the title to be the top guy. Rowdy Roddy Piper proved that.

Cena should be WAAYYY lower - like top 80 or 90. While he may be the face of the company right now, he isn't that big, he isn't influential, he doesn't have a legacy. But he is an entertaining guy nonetheless.

just because rey mysterio is a whiner on screen doesnt mean hes a whiner in real life.

mysterio was in AAA. where he and psychosis made each others talents noticed under the guidance of reys uncle rey mysterio sr.

then rey and psychosis went to ecw. nobody said tht an american wrestling company can pull off lucha libre styled wrestling. yet rey mysterio did.rey vs psychosis mexican death match was tht years most popular match. he went to wcw. he OWNED ALL over there. first the cruiserweight division and then big guys like nash, hall, bigelow, scott norton, lex luger. he won some and lost some.

then rey goes to wwe his career skyrocketed and i dont need to explain tht. the guy won 8 cruiserweight championships. and i mean proper title reigns not like tht crappy 24/7 rule hardcore title bs

and triple h earned his way to the top. hes one of the oldest wrestlers in the business. ever heard of the msg incident?? look it up. triple h got a lot of heat for a long time for tht single incident. he was made a jobber. mid card eventer. despite all of tht made his way up he did the whole join the corporation feud with the rock while undertaker feuds with austin thng. and this was before he strted banging the boss's daughter. tht didnt come till WAAAAAAAAY later. after triple h had earned the props talked the talk and walked the walk.

sheamus orton and batista dont deserve to be on the list and thts true triple h probably put them on it. neither does cena or some old guys like lawler. lawlers an amazing commentator but a wrestler not so much. big show and kane shud be higher. any body remember wat big show was during the attitude era. ANYBODY REMEMBER WHAT KANE WAS DURING THE ATTITUDE ERA.

its a biased list obviously. and no disrespect to any deceased members but i dont thnk eddie guerrero needs to be so high up either. just eliminate at least 10 names tht dont deserve to be there and call it a top 40 list with names tht are not in order.

People, people, people! Calm down. I guarantee this is just a list that lands these superstars in no particular order. Vince McMahon has said, on live television, that Steve Austin is the greatest superstar in the history of the WWE.

Vince is no moron. Do I think, if this list were in order, he would have stuck it to Flair and Hogan a little bit anyway? Probably, but not to the extent of having Flair #17 and Hogan at freakin' #23! There is no particular order to this list, and I'm sure we'll find that to be the truth sometime in the near future.

However, if this is the real order (and it's most certainly not), it would be the worst 1-50 listing ever created..dealing with anything, anywhere, and at any point in time. Due to Hogan's leaving for TNA, I could definitely see WWE ranking Austin ahead of Hogan. Hell, I think they would have done that anyway. But Shawn and Taker at #1 and #2 is a complete joke, proving this thing cannot be going in any kind of order.

And look at HHH. Do you think there's any chance in hell he would allow himself to end up that low on that list? Especially behind guys like The Rock, Rey Mysterio, Ricky Steamboat, Roddy Piper and Eddie Guerrero? NO way would HHH stand for that, sorry to say.

I really can't see how anyone can buy into this being in any kind of order. But, if by some God-forsaken turn of events, it turns out to be in order...I want to know what idiot put this list out before checking with McMahon. I bet he'll have a job next week....

As usual, I agree with Nick. There has to be one of two explanations here. Either this is just a randomized list of the Top 50, in no particular order, as opposed to a prioritized list, or it is a list specifically assembled to incite the masses, cause debate and outrage amongst the IWC. Because there are things on this list that simply do not make sense.

A list of this nature can be debated and tweaked forever and there will never be consensus. We span different generations. We have different companies. Hell, we even have both genders represented. But debate all you like and I think there has to be a fair consensus that the Top Ten (in no particular order) has to be:

Hulk Hogan
Stone Cole Steve Austin
The Rock
John Cena
Shawn Michaels
Bret Hart
The Undertaker
Triple H
Ric Flair
Chris Jericho

Jericho may be a bit of a stretch in terms of a unanimous top ten, but don't these guys have to be the top, with their order being debated to death?

How cans such a list have Moolah on there, but not Trish or Lita? How the hell can Rey Mysterio be #9? Where's Warrior, Vader, Lesnar, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, or dare I say it, Chris Benoit (although his omission is understandable)?

How can there be guys on the list who did nothing, or at least virtually nothing, in WWF/WWE? And if such guys are going to be included due to work devoid of the WWE, where's Sting? Now I have argued on here multiple times that guys like Sting should not be celebrated by WWE because their contributions weren't within the confines of the WWE. I still maintain this stance, so some guys on the list should not be there, despite their past greatness, and should be replaced by some of the guys in my previous paragraph.

There's lots more to criticize about this list, but no time at the moment. More criticisms to come later.

Everybody commenting on this obviously have no common sense. It's so clear that this list is not in order so you people are getting riled up for absolutely nothing. How could you really believe that WWE would put Rey Mysterio in the top 10 wrestlers list over Triple H? Theres so many things wrong with the list that I knew it wasn't in order at first glance.

When it comes to the names on the list, I don't see anbody of significance missing. People who think that WCW names like Sting or Goldberg should be on there need to remember it's a list of WWE wrestlers with people like Gorgeous George added because they're Hall of Famers so I think the list is just fine.

The #1 and 2 spot easily go to The Rock and Austin (whichever order you want them) I put them there because yes Vince said that Austin was the greatest of all time and he did revolutionize the Attitude Era, but some people seem to forget that the general populace couples The Rock right along with Austin. They made wrestling COOL to watch, in fact if you didn't watch wrestling during their tenure, you really were missing out.

I digress though in saying that although Austin made the attitude era, The Rock kept it going on long and strong. If you will please look at the ratings from the time Austin left to around the time he returned, I'd definitely say that The Rock definitely deserves one of the top placements.

November 29, 1999 6.5
December 6, 1999 6.0
December 13, 1999 6.1
December 20, 1999 5.8
December 27, 1999 5.8

Date Rating
January 3, 2000 6.4
January 10, 2000 6.8
January 17, 2000 6.0
January 24, 2000 6.7
January 31, 2000 6.6
February 7, 2000 6.5
February 14, 2000 4.4
February 21, 2000 5.9
February 28, 2000 6.5
March 6, 2000 6.4
March 13, 2000 6.3
March 20, 2000 6.2
March 27, 2000 6.6
April 3, 2000 6.4
April 10, 2000 6.2
April 17, 2000 6.7
April 24, 2000 7.1
May 1, 2000 7.4
May 8, 2000 6.2
May 15, 2000 6.1
May 22, 2000 7.1
May 29, 2000 6.4
June 5, 2000 5.9
June 12, 2000 6.8
June 19, 2000 5.8
June 26, 2000 6.4
July 3, 2000 5.3
July 10, 2000 6.0
July 17, 2000 6.2
July 24, 2000 6.2
July 31, 2000 6.4
August 7, 2000 6.3
August 14, 2000 5.9
August 21, 2000 6.2
August 28, 2000 4.9

Also, if you read the title it says WWE reveals its list of the top 50 superstars right? I do think that loyalty is everything when it comes to this. Although, Hogan benchmarked WWF, he turned his back on it multiple times in futile attempts to destroy it...Flair too! After that outstanding send-off that they gave Flair, he goes to TNA? On terms of company loyalty, the top 5 spots go to Austin, Rock, HHH, Taker, and HBK. (HM - Edge, Kane, Matt Hardy) I'm not putting Cena in there, not because I hate him, but because he's not finished with his career yet. On terms of WWE longevity, HHH, Taker, HBK, Kane, and Chris Jericho.

Of course this list is a farce. Just a marketing engine and how Vince wants everyone to VIEW the WWE. He knows people forget too easily or are simply TOO YOUNG to know any better.

What a sham that Bruno Sammartino made the list, yet still blocked to the Hall of Fame. What an absolute sham this list and the WWE Hall of Fame are!
Few can see all the contributions Bruno made to the sport. Theres NO MARKETING around him and its a crying shame. Superstar Billy Graham and Bob Backlund also got their careers nerfed by Vince. They were two of the best.

I would say Bob Backlund had it all, he generated and burned more energy in the ring than Kurt Angle and any other wrestler of your choice today COMBINED. He went an hour often and wrestled ALL over the world. He wrestled Flair and Bockwinkle. He did a lot of "firsts". He knew more wrestling holds then ANY sanctioned "World champion" Backlund played the "Good Guy' so good it was frightening. As we saw later too many years later, he makes a real good and real funny heal.

1. Bob Backlund (Opened door for NCAA wrestlers like Angle, Lesnar, many others, seems like every match you saw a new hold)
2. Bruno Sammartino (Legend in the Italian American community, like Joe DiMaggio or Phil Rizutto, introduced weight training and insane power to wrestling world)
3. Buddy Rodgers (or they'd be no Freddy Blassie or Ric Flair)
4. Antonio Rocca (or they'd be no Snuka or current high flying wrestling)
5. Ric Flair
6. Frank Gotch
7. Johnny Saint (the original "Man of a Thousand Holds")
8. Mil Mascaras (single-handedly carried Mexican style wrestling into the mainstream)
9. Hulk Hogan (created marketing frenzy but was a lousy technical wrestler, every match was the same. 15 years he wore the same shorts. still deserves to be high on the list, because he was so successful at helping wrestling get big, but he was by no means the only reason.)
10. Andre the Giant (one of the biggest draws in wrestling history. Invented the role a Giant should play in wrestling. There is ONLY ONE Giant, and that will never change.)

Hmmm...

1st of all, title do mean that your the top guy. When people talk about the Attitude era two names come to mind, Austin and Rock(HHH comes third). Taker had a big role earlier, the ministry of darkness, the fued against austin(they had some great matches), the classic match against foley(HIAC), but after that he wasn't in the discussion. To prove my point, I'll post all the WM main event '98-'01:
WM:
'98 HBK-Austin
'99 Rock-Austin
'00 Rock-Foley-HHH-Show
'01 Austin-Rock

As you can see there never been a WM main event without rock or austin or atleast one of them. Which means taker never been in the main event at WM during the attitude era. How could you be the top guys you didn't even been in the main event at WM? Beside, taker is a one time champion(AE). Both rock and austin 6 times champion at that time. HHH won it 4 times. Foley 3 times. The point is, Taker had his moments, but he never been the top guy in the company(during the AE).

My pick

Wade Barret- he is the leader of nexus and winner of NXT he is a kick ass wrestler
John Cena Well we cant have the rock he have to settle for john cena which is kind of a rocky knockoff in a way
The Miz- totally awesome
Cody Rhodes he is very dashing and knows how to wrestle like a diva
Randy Ortan- well we cant have stone cold randy is a good substitute
Jack Swagger- is an olympic gold medalist its damn real
Shaemus the man is scary, big, and a tough irishman

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member