WWE's 50 greatest superstars list.

How is Moolah higher up on the list than Buddy Rogers or Billy Graham? And Sammartino is way down on the list? Same with Bob Backlund. Those guys all had long title runs. And HBK is the top of the list? I'm am HBK fan, but he doesn't deserve to be at the top. Hogan made professional wrestling what it is today, he deserves to be at the top of the list (as much as we hate him) and Stone Cold made wrestling cool again (so he deserves 2nd place).

I cannot buy for a minute that this list is in the right order. Honestly it looks like everything is thrown in their at random. Im sure this is their official ranking, but I dont see a single wrestler in their correct spot. Not a single one.

Terry Funk over Hulk Hogan?
Rey Mysterio top ten?? Hed be lucky to be 45.
Bret Hart at 4, but Angle at 34?
Pat Patterson ahead of 20 others?
Jerry Lawler?!
Flair 17, just behind Cena?
Triple H not in the top ten? And after Guerrero?

My oh my I havent seen a list so messed up, maybe ever. Undertaker ahead of Austin. As if Undertaker has ever even been the top guy in the company for longer than a month.

This is what I truly feel the list should look like:

TOP 50-

1. Hulk Hogan
2. Stone Cold
3. The Rock
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Ric Flair
6. Undertaker
7. John Cena
8. Bret Hart
9. Buddy Rogers
10. Bruno Sammartino
11. Andre The Giant
12. Triple H
13. Dusty Rhodes
14. Roddy Piper
15. Kurt Angle
16. Randy Orton
17. Mick Foley
18. Macho Man
19. Ultimate Warrior
20. Ricky Steamboat
21. Jake The Snake
22. Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase
23. Harley Race
24. Sgt. Slaughter
25. Iron Sheik
26. Chris Jericho
27. Edge
28. Lou Thesz
29. Killer Kowalski
30. Eddie Guerrero
31. Jimmy Snuka
32. Pat Patterson
33. Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig
34. Bob Backlund
35. Rick Rude
36. Kane
37. Big Show
38. Yokozuna
39. Nick Bockwinkel
40. Chris Benoit
41. Billy Graham
42. Batista
43. Jerry Lawler
44. Jeff Hardy
45. Terry Funk
46. JBL
47. Sid Vicious
48. Rob Van Dam
49. Booker T
50. Brock Lesnar

Now that is a better looking list.The only problem I see with it is Batista.I see him overrated to much.He wins a world title cool and all but he got injured all the time.He couldnt really put on a decent match without a chance he was gonna get injured.

also i put in bold the ones you spelt wrong.It was annoying me.

Can someone print this list on toilet paper? Because that's exactly what I think about the list. As I said in another thread, top lists (especially those with a countdown format) are so subjective and vulnerable to political pressures that they NEVER live up to the hype. As much as I admire Shawn Michaels and have been a lifelong fan of the Undertaker, I cannot condone their placements on the list. Ric Flair may not have been a WWE creation, but the man deserved to be in the top 10 for what he did during his years in WWF. Flair at 61 is more entertaining than 80% of the wrestlers half his age. Hogan at number 23 is a joke as well, literally and figuratively. #23? Jordan reference anyone? Again, this is a joke and anyone that buys this DVD is only condoning more of this trash in the future.

Interesting to see Hardy make the list. I think it's bullshit that they didn't include any WCW wrestlers. Well, really Goldberg and Sting. Whatever you want to say about Goldberg, the dude did financial wonders for WCW. And Sting...words can't even begin to describe his importance to professional wrestling. I'm pretty pissed that Hogan and other TNA guys were kind of randomly thrown around on the list. Almost everyone ahead of Flair is bullshit with the exception of the top 5 MAYBE.

actually they did include wcw wrestlers..if u didnt notice most of the people on the was in wcw at 1 point in time,wrestlers such as,rey mysterio,eddie guerrero,ric flair,chris jericho,and big show..all of these superstars were in wcw before they even went to the wwe..yes wwe may have made these guys bigger stars but if it wasnt for wcw nobody would have even known who rey mysterio,chris jericho,big show,or eddie guerrero was..and as far ric flair goes,well he was the one who put wcw on the map

This list is a complete joke IMO. How they can justify not putting Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold at the top of the list is baffling to me.. Stone cold is the reason many people began watching the WWF again, and Hulk Hogan single handly made professional wrestling relevant.

Lets take a look at all the people that shouldn't be on this list: Rey Mysterio? really, maybe in the late 40s, but he shouldn't touch the top 10.
Edge, has no business at all even close to the top 20.
John Cena ahead of Ric Flair is a disgrace and made me sick to my stomach
Hulk Hogan at 23? How in the FUCK is this justified? there must be some hostility between Vince and Hogan that caused this
Randy Orton and Batista... really? need I say more, these guys are lucky to make the top 100
Foley and Angle nowhere near the top 15? Foley is easy in the top ten without a doubt and Angle is the best in ring performer to ever lace his boots up for ANY compay

And btw... where in the FUCK is the British Bulldog, Owen Hart, the Dynamite Kid, the New Age Outlaws, Bob Holly, Brian Pillman, Yokozuna, Arn and Ole Anderson, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Lex Luger, Sting, Goldberg.. just to name a few.

This list is a joke and is quite possibly the worst thing I have ever seen. It makes me almost want to completely cut off any watching, attending, purchasing that i do with WWE.

actually they did include wcw wrestlers..if u didnt notice most of the people on the was in wcw at 1 point in time,wrestlers such as,rey mysterio,eddie guerrero,ric flair,chris jericho,and big show..all of these superstars were in wcw before they even went to the wwe..yes wwe may have made these guys bigger stars but if it wasnt for wcw nobody would have even known who rey mysterio,chris jericho,big show,or eddie guerrero was..and as far ric flair goes,well he was the one who put wcw on the map

i do agree that sting should have made the list though,he has always been one of my favorites...i really dont think goldberg should have made the list because to me he was too overrated and besides beating hogan for the wcw title in his rookie year i really cant think of anything memorable that he has done

1. Hogan
2. Austin
3. Flair
4. Sting
5. Bret Hart
There is no excuse why this shouldn't be the top 5, or at least close to the top five. one could make the argument that Rock should be up there (or some of the older guys like Billy Graham). HBK and Taker are in the top 10 no doubt, not maybe 9 and 10... not 1-2

This is obviously just a list of wrestlers on the dvd and in no certain order. They would want the list to look attractive to buyers so they put some really big names on the top of the list and scattered the rest throughout. Otherwise people looking to purchase it wouldn't even know who the people on the bottom of the list were like Nick Bockwinkel ect. They would never put Jerry Lawler over Hulk Hogan. Slamming Andre at the biggest WrestleMania ever will be remembered more than slapping Andy Kaufman on a late night chat show.

People, people, people! Calm down. I guarantee this is just a list that lands these superstars in no particular order. Vince McMahon has said, on live television, that Steve Austin is the greatest superstar in the history of the WWE.

Vince is no moron. Do I think, if this list were in order, he would have stuck it to Flair and Hogan a little bit anyway? Probably, but not to the extent of having Flair #17 and Hogan at freakin' #23! There is no particular order to this list, and I'm sure we'll find that to be the truth sometime in the near future.

However, if this is the real order (and it's most certainly not), it would be the worst 1-50 listing ever created..dealing with anything, anywhere, and at any point in time. Due to Hogan's leaving for TNA, I could definitely see WWE ranking Austin ahead of Hogan. Hell, I think they would have done that anyway. But Shawn and Taker at #1 and #2 is a complete joke, proving this thing cannot be going in any kind of order.

And look at HHH. Do you think there's any chance in hell he would allow himself to end up that low on that list? Especially behind guys like The Rock, Rey Mysterio, Ricky Steamboat, Roddy Piper and Eddie Guerrero? NO way would HHH stand for that, sorry to say.

I really can't see how anyone can buy into this being in any kind of order. But, if by some God-forsaken turn of events, it turns out to be in order...I want to know what idiot put this list out before checking with McMahon. I bet he'll have a job next week....

I think you'll find a memo in the dustbin of the WWE office which says " Vince is pissed at you because you did not include Shawn's name among the top 25 talkers of WWE." And thats how this list came about.

Seriously though HBK is great and deserves to be in the top ten on the back of his great matches and his longlevity but he should not be NO 1. Same deal with Taker, you cannot have him at number 2. I would have them at 4 and 5 respectively with Taker above Shawn.

As many of you have pointed out there are only two choices for the top place. But I guess you cannot put Hogan up there with him being in TNA. So I think Austin should have been number 1. Another joke that I see that the WWE has cracked is Mysterio at 9. That guy shouldn't be anyplace near top 10. He only won the title feeding off the sympathy that the fans for Eddie's death. But I'm sure little Rey would have thrown a temper tauntrum had he not been in the top 10. I'd gladly put Cena at 6, Rey in the 20's and remove Harley Race from the list altogether as he did nothing of note in WWE. Also Steamboat saw his best days in WCW. He is remembered in WWE for his great match with Savage but he does not deserve that high a place on the basis of a single match.

Same deal with Jerry Lawler. He didn't do much wrestling in WWF. Why have him there?

Though he has had a pretty short career so far in WWE, I think CM Punk deserves a spot on that list as well.

from what i heard when the dvd was first announced the list was put togather by current wrestlers, i guess they asked th wrestlers to each make a top 50 list of their all time faves, in that case i understand due to their respect level for hbk and the undertaker how'd hold the number 1 and 2 spots but my top 5 would be

1. hulk hogan- because he mad the wwe and pro wrestling what it is
2. stone cold- because he made the attitude era what it was
3. curt henning- because he was so talented in the ring
4. the rock- because he had the best mic work
5. andre the giant- all time best giant

I was so shocked by this list that I had to sign up to reply. While there are a few obvious errors in it (Rey Mysterio, Lawler, Race, Funk, Guerrero), the placement of Hulk Hogan is just a flat out lie. Vince McMahon cannot expect fans to take anything he puts out seriously if this isnt corrected. No one can argue the fact that Hogan built the company in the 80s. Hogan deserves to be no lower than 5th on this list and the facts speak for themselves. One of the main problems with making a list like this is that it is hard to compair wrestlers from diffrent time periods, so lets just look a the wrestlers ranked above Hogan that wrestled in his era. Lawler, Funk, Henning, Rhodes, Savage, Piper, and Race were all in there primes in the Hogan era. This list claims to represent the greatest stars of all time, so naturally they would put a heavy emphasis on the work done in there primes. If that is the case, then all of the wrestlers I named above should have been headlining Wrestlemania and wearing world championship gold during the Hogan era. As we all know, with the exception of Savage (who got the belt because Hogan was making No Holds Barred) they didnt. (Yes Piper did headline the first Wrestlemania, but the real stars were Hogan, Mr. T, and Cyndi Lauper) These people being ranked higher than Hogan can mean one of only two things: Explination 1- all of these wrestlers are in fact bigger superstars than Hulk Hogan and the list is just fine. Explination 2- Vince McMahon is an idiot. Think about it, if the WWE thinks that all these wrestlers were better than Hogan during the peak of Hulkamania, then why arent they all former world champions? According to this list, it means that Vince McMahon knew that he had wrestlers that were bigger money draws and more over than Hulk Hogan and he still let Hogan keep the belt for four staight years. It would imply that Vince was either too stupid to realize it at the time, or he just didnt feel like making his company more money. The bottom line is that this list is just plane awful and there is no way for the WWE to logically defend half the the positions on it. Thanks for reading everyone!

All the older guys like thesz and kolwalsky should be at the top those are the guys that started the wwe aka wwwf. hogan and cena should be at the bottom of the list. batista shouldnt be on the list. Hell fucking brock lesner should be in the top ten with kurt angle at number one. shawn micheals shoutld be at number five. jake the snake should be higher than he is. All my comments are based off of a wrestlers pure abillity.

from what i heard when the dvd was first announced the list was put togather by current wrestlers, i guess they asked th wrestlers to each make a top 50 list of their all time faves, in that case i understand due to their respect level for hbk and the undertaker how'd hold the number 1 and 2 spots but my top 5 would be

1. hulk hogan- because he mad the wwe and pro wrestling what it is
2. stone cold- because he made the attitude era what it was
3. curt henning- because he was so talented in the ring
4. the rock- because he had the best mic work
5. andre the giant- all time best giant

Yeah so the list is def not in any actual order so onto my other thoughts on the list.

- WCW guys being left on the list / No problem with Sting, Goldberg, DDP ect being excluded. It's WWE's list so screw WCW. They let Dusty and Harley slide in there due to their time in the WWF. How about Booker T and Ron Simmons though? Both great and would of given JYD some much needed company.

- No one would know who Lou Thesz was if JR didn't always reference him when people do that dumb move. How did guys like Thesz, Bockwinkel, and Backlund make it but not Pedro Morales!? How about Stan Hansen and Ernie Ladd?

- Why out of the whole list would you have just 1 woman? I'd prefer it to be all the male wrestlers but if it's going to be both isn't it weird that only a single "diva" made it? If you're going to add the Fabulous one, why not Richter, Alundra Blaze, Trish or Lita?

- People I think should've been on the list / No Scott Hall or Kevin Nash? Really? I love Rick Rude but these 2 did much more than him. Seems strange to have Jeff Hardy on there but not RVD? Shocked that Brock isn't but glad. Never liked that guy. JBL maybe. Sycho Sid. To me his match against HBK at Survivor Series was when the Attitude Era really started.

- People who I just really loved and wished were on the list / Owen Hart. Was like a mixture of Bret and Jericho. So damn good. Goldust. The bizarre one might just be my favorite of all time. William Regal. Please don't retire! Christain. Always liked him better than Edge. Papi Chulo/Aguila/Essa Rios anyone???

firstly lesnar spent 2 years in the wwe not near enough time to make the list. cena shouldnt have been on it at all. hulk made the wwe what it is so he should have been number one

omg, as another poster said this is just a list of names that will be on the dvd. this is obviously not the actual list with the actual order. im sure the top ten will include: rock, austin, flair, hogan, cena (sadly, he is the face of the wwe right now), hbk, undertaker, hart. lets just wait for the dvd to come out before the iwc again starts jumping up and down saying how horrible something is. just chill guys.

Is this a list that makes no sense? Yes. Is it another petty excuse to take a shot at guys like Hogan and Flair? Yes. So why do it? Well as Invert said, albeit missing the point, it creates controversey - and thats good for business. Anyone who's read any of my previous rants, er posts, knows I hate guys being rated for their 'entertainment' value rather than their ring work. However, if you're going to make a list of guys who made an impact (whatever that is) in the E, which is the only standard I can guess was used, then Hogan has be in the top 3 if not no.1. Do I like the guy? No. In the ring and on the mic he sucked - but he was the figure head of the company during its major rise to dominance - he defined 80's wrestling. The only other guy with a similar accolade is Austin during the Attitude era (ok, maybe Cena in the PG, but no way in hell is he top 5).

Other issues:

Harley Race: He was an NWA legend and is a hall of famer, but by the time he came to the WWF, he was a shadow of his former powers. So if it's work in the WWF/E, then he's not that high.

Steamboat: Again a guy I like and respect, but measured by titles, reigns, mic work, draw or whatever, not a top 20 guy.

Mysterio: Likewise a guy I respect and am a fan of. He changed the role of a cruiserweight and changed it again in the WWE - but his title record is very brief and compared to guys like Sanmartino, I'm sorry, again, just not that good.

Jerry Lawlor: Are we judging guys as commentators as well? (Even thats dubious). Like Jarrett, he was only a big draw in a small state company he controlled. Horrible worker, and in the ring in WWE has only one even vaguely memorable fued.

Jeff Hardy: Really? Really? I think if your arrest record is longer than your championship record, being in the top 50 is a joke.

Oh also The Ultimate Warrior should without a doubt be on the list. So what he wasn't Bret Hart in the ring and was clinically insane. He was one of the biggest stars of all time and he beat Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania in his prime. DESTRUCITY!!!

I was really shocked that rob van dam wasn't on the list. And I thought that kane should be much higher up. How the hell did batista get in that list? It would have been really interesting to see this list if hogan and flair hadn't decided to join tna.

And of course you have to remember who the WWE's product is mostly aimed at nowadays. The people who aren't clever enough to use YouTube - youngsters.

How many children between the ages of 8 and 15 know who, for example, Brian Pillman is?

Not very many.

What I think this is, is an attempt to "educate" the WWE's current fanbase by taking some legends, who's matches kids may never have seen, but to sell the DVD by keeping the current favorites on the DVD. ("Daddy, Daddy, John Cena's on that DVD, can I have it?") I don't have children of my own, being only 19, but I know a couple of children who enjoy wrestling, and they'll almost exclusively only ask for things with Cena, HBK and the Undtertaker in them. Kids like these wrestlers, so WWE are almost forced to include them, whether we like it or not.

That's business folks.

u know whos to say tht this list is in order.

i mean leaving certain ppl out is debatable but maybe the order isnt related to ability. maybe its just random. i mean harley race no. 6.??!! triple h 12???!!!! kurt angle 34 ???!!!!! not a big fan of angle but tht guy was one hell of a wrestler.

and in all honesty lesnar shudnt be on the list. he was there for only 2 yrs.
neither shud jeff hardy. u want to include jeff include him and matt TOGETHER as one of the most awesome entertaining high flying tag teams of all time.

and others may disagree but rey mysterio deserves to be on tht list and above cena and edge and batista and all those. but not as an emotional dream come true i love u all i won the royal rumble and heavyweight title character. but as a guy who took the cruiserweight division straight to the top.

i can see they didnt add bradshaw or faarooq(simmons) another destructive tag team.

and where the hell r trish and lita. much much much bttr women division wrestlers than moolah RIP. the divas who deserve to be on the list r trish lita and chyna. chyna cuz shes one the really few who had success with male rivalries as well.

anyway its an ok list as long as the guys rnt in order

Are you people serious?

The WWE are the premier wrestling organisation, they are not some impartial body overseeing professional wrestling. How anyone can expect Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and others to top the list of their new DVD release is beyond me. Hulk Hogan is the focal point for the company's main rival, and you expect him to be featured more predominantly on what will be a no doubt highly publicised release?

I'm surprised he's even on the list at all. WWE won't, nor should they ever, feature talent from rival organisations on their programming. The fact that they respect their legacies enough to waiver this is testament to how respectful and professional WWE is. Either that, or they consider TNA not to be a threat to the extent that their talent can still make money for their rival. This list, believe it or not, is biased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back