• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE writers really think the fans are stupid!

Louie Lips

Occasional Pre-Show
Last night, at the end of Raw, Dusty Rhodes helped Orton out and didn't wind up giving his son a title match at all. Meanwhile, not too long back, Orton had a feud with Dusty Rhodes that even included a Bull-Rope match, and Orton destroyed him, as well as Cody. So the writers expect us to forget about this and think that Rhodes just forgave him? That was BULLSHIT!!!!

…Whoever said that he Rhodes forgave him? Didn’t you hear what they said about Orton defending his title in a match against Cody Rhodes? They said it was strictly business. The same would apply in this case. Orton, who happens to be WWE Champion and a big star in the WWE, is associated with Cody so it helps him in the long run. Of course Dusty, who happens to be the father of Cody, wasn’t going to screw that up because like he said “There's nothing that a father wouldn't do for his son," which would mean that Dusty isn’t going to screw something that could end up benefiting his son in the long run.

So in this case, it seems like it’s strictly business and nothing more or less so I wouldn’t say that creative was expecting for fans to forget about the past. But yes, for whatever reason, there are times when creative will just think that fans don’t remember something that happened sometime in the past. But I just don’t think that’s the case here.

I don't know shouldn't a title shot always be the best thing for someone's career. I mean if Cody wins the match he's the world champ, the best in the world at that present time, isn't that what's he's aspiring to be. You don't give that up, you never know if it's going to come along again. I mean we the fans are spoon fed that crap by the WWE all the time, that and the whole "anything can happen" mythos that the company spews, shouldn't the wrestlers be buying into that bullshit too.

Last night, at the end of Raw, Dusty Rhodes helped Orton out and didn't wind up giving his son a title match at all. Meanwhile, not too long back, Orton had a feud with Dusty Rhodes that even included a Bull-Rope match, and Orton destroyed him, as well as Cody. So the writers expect us to forget about this and think that Rhodes just forgave him? That was BULLSHIT!!!!

I would have to say you're wrong. Why? Because Randy Orton DID acknowledge his feud with Dusty Rhodes on Raw last night. He said something along the lines of "remember when I kicked your skull two years ago?". It always seemed as if it was more of Randy Orton having a problem rather than Dusty which was why it made perfect sense for Orton to betray Rhodes in the end of the show.

I don't think that is the case because Orton mentioned how he kicked Dusty in the head and then Cody replied to it. The swerve made good sense to me because Orton has helped elevate Cody's career and Dusty did so as well by helping Legacy and Orton beat down DX and Cena, arguably the 3 biggest stars on RAW. And then Orton giving RKO to Dusty made sense as well after he told Cody that it was gonna be strictly business whatever happens in the ring. In my opinion it was one of the better logically done angles in a while.

This is similar to the Matt & Jeff Hardy reunion. The WWE wants and expects us to forget that Matt burned Jeff's house down, killing his dog in the process, attacked him in a stairwell, ran him off the road in his car, tampered with his pyro, causing burn injuries, and cost him the WWE Title vs. both men's biggest WWE rival, Edge. You sorta have to have a short memory when it comes to Pro Wrestling.

Or like when Morrison got drafted to Smackdown as a face and they immediately teamed him up with Cryme Tyme, who he and Miz had been feuding with the previous 4 months.

Realistically, I like where the whole Legacy thing is going. They are planting the seeds for a future breakup. I hope they don't rush this, because if this were to happen let's say soon, we all know whomever leaves (Ted, Cody, or both) is going to feud w/ Randy. Then what? Legacy is over and got a nice rub from DX at Summerslam, but I can see the WWE ruining this by rushing the breakup.

Sorry, back to the point. WWE writes 4 weekly shows and along the way, there are going to be situations you're just gonna have to forget about the past on. With a limited pool of talent on each show, they have to move quickly on their feet, so it's is typically possible that people who feuded in the past will eventually be seen working together.

This isn't something new. Wrestling has been like this for ages. If they took history that serious nobody would be able to team up with anyone else.

…Whoever said that he Rhodes forgave him? Didn’t you hear what they said about Orton defending his title in a match against Cody Rhodes? They said it was strictly business. The same would apply in this case. Orton, who happens to be WWE Champion and a big star in the WWE, is associated with Cody so it helps him in the long run. Of course Dusty, who happens to be the father of Cody, wasn’t going to screw that up because like he said “There's nothing that a father wouldn't do for his son," which would mean that Dusty isn’t going to screw something that could end up benefiting his son in the long run.

So in this case, it seems like it’s strictly business and nothing more or less so I wouldn’t say that creative was expecting for fans to forget about the past. But yes, for whatever reason, there are times when creative will just think that fans don’t remember something that happened sometime in the past. But I just don’t think that’s the case here.

Pretty much what ST said here.

The other thing to remember is WWE '"forgets" about previous feuds/storylines often. I mean Mark Henry had a feud with Finlay/Hornswoggle on ECW at the start of the year and wanted to kill Horny, now he's best mates with him. Same thing goes with a lot of the wrestlers. You have to expect these things sometimes. I mean, if they do it well you shouldn't even be concerned with previous feuds/storylines like last night, I forgot all about the Orton/Rhodes thing because they did last nights angle quite well.

I wouldn't exactly call it bullshit. If you wanna be logic about it, which wrestling is not by the way, the fued with Orton and Dusty/Cody was in 2007, andby the end of 2008 Cody Rhodes was a member of Legacy, so obviously Cody put his past with Orton behind him, so why couldn't Dusty? And Dusty was just helping out his son it really didn't have anything to do with Dusty helping Orton, it was more Dusty helping Cody help Orton. But again wrestling usual is anything but logical. Creative does things all the time like using the same storyline over and over again the next year, etc. It's just something you have to live with being a wrestling fan. Also, did you not see the RKO on Dusty after the Cena beatdown?

Yes but it's not because creative thinks fans are stupid. It's how this business works. Even though I criticised TNA for this a lot at the end of the day I accepted that I was wrong. Lets take Lord Of The Rings it was one of my favorite film series of all time. When I watched the film lots of fantastic things happened in the film and there was no logic in it. So am I stupid why did I watch something that I know for %100 that it can never happen in real life. I watched it because I enjoyed from film.

It's same with wrestling. First of all you have to suspend your disbelief if you can't do it you simply can't enjoy from the product. Really is wrestling a stupid thing ? Two half naked man doing fake punches and moves for a story that's not real. Why do we watch this crap ? Because it's entertaining. We all know everything is fake but we suspend our disbeliefs and try to entertain from the product we mark out for wrestlers who are not even fighting.

It's same for your question. In wrestling there is no logic you watch it and when the story ends everything about that ends in there. I'm bored of people trying to find a logic from WWE's every move in wrestling things happen and you let it past it's that simple. Wrestling is not as complicated as you think. WWE wanted to forget the feud to create 2 hours of entertaining program and the show was very good for me and Rhodes' heel turn was unexpected.

We shouldn't try to find logic in wrestling because there is not. Storylines for the most of the time does not make sense if referees still can't realize heel's cheating while they're distracted for 60 years they're the most fucking ******s I've ever seen. If someone believes other than children that Undertaker is real he is mental. So in wrestling we have to suspend our disbelief and just try to enjoy from whole show.

Technically and i am going to use the Matt/Jeff Storyline as a example, After backlash Matt was moved to Raw which ended his feud with Jeff so therefore Jeff had about 3-4 months to realistically off-screen/not shown slowly forgive Matt and while the stuff matt did was bad, dont forget when matt first came back as the enforcer for the jeff/cm punk match. there was a couple of spots when Jeff looked Matt and had a look that he wasnt sure of how matt was going to swing the match for him. but i think the reason they had them team up again is cause they knew Jeff wanted the break and wanted to get them to team up at least once b4 jeff leaves. plus i also think matt would of had enough time to forgive jeff for breaking his arm as well. this may sound like rambling but yeah its just my opinion

Don't you know wrestlers are the most forgiving people in the world? I have been watching wrestling for a long time and this kind of thing has been going on since day one. There are countless examples. Look at Shawn Michaels and Triple H. These two had a very violent feud in 2002-2004. Two years later they were teaming again. Look at everything Undertaker and Kane have been through. They always come back together even after being set on fire and buried alive. In November 2000 Triple H admitted he was responsible for Steve Austin being run over by a car. Five months later the two of them were teaming up. Don't even get me started on the McMahons. The Orton/Rhodes example is very minor compared to many others over the years. If this caught your attention you should be questioning why Cody ever joined legacy in the first place. Or Dibiase for that matter. Remember he was punted by Orton too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back