WWE WrestleMania XXXIV: WWE SD Women's Championship - Charlote Flair (c) VS Asuka

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This is another match that has the potential to be a show stealer. Unfortunately, I don't think they've gone with the best story for the build up for the match. Charlotte is so much more interesting as a heel and I feel she should've been heel going into her WrestleMania program with Asuka. Right now, Charlotte comes off as the vulnerable babyface champion while her opponent is the unbeatable babyface. Instead of going for tension between them, they're going more along the lines of a "friendly competition" that'll get a little less friendly as time goes on. Of course, there's still some time to inject some needed fire into the build up.

I don't see Asuka losing at WrestleMania. It's too soon to end her streak and I don't think Charlotte should be the one to do it. Charlotte has already been the centerpiece of the Women's Division as a whole since hitting the main roster, she's also the only woman to be NXT, Divas, Raw Women's and SmackDown Women's Champion so I think the streak ending needs to be saved.

My biggest fear out of all this is that they'll have Carmella come down after both ladies are damn near dead, turn it into a triple threat match and score the pin on one of them to win the title or that she waits until the match is over and successfully cashes in on the winner, which I feel would be Asuka. Given the choice, I'd vastly prefer Charlotte end Asuka's streak in a real match than to see Carmella do it in a MITB screwjob as she's not remotely on the level of either woman.

I think this match will be solid. I don't see Asuka's streak ending yet but that doesn't mean she'll necessarily win the title. I can see the ending going a few ways. One, they can go the safe route with Asuka and Charlotte putting on a great match with Asuka winning clean. I don't think most would mind that outcome. Another possibility is having Carmella come down and either distract and not cash in or cash in but have Asuka pin or submit Carmella. This can set up a feud with Charlotte and Carmella before she goes back against Asuka at possibly SummerSlam. The last possibility I can see is Charlotte turning heel and getting herself DQ'd and gives a brutal beatdown that puts Asuka on the shelf leading to her returning later to get revenge.

I think they will have a really good one on one match for the most part but in the end, carmella will cash in her briefcase and she the one that's going to take the pin and make Charlotte lose her title which will help continue the feud between charlotte and Asuka pass wrestlemania.

Here's every scenario I think could happen:

1. Carmella wins the belt before Wrestlemania. Asuka squashes her at Wrestlemania. Then Charlotte challenges her at the same night. Asuka beats Charlotte as well.
  2. Charlotte vs Asuka ends with Asuka winning. Then Carmella either fails to cash-in or she ends up ending Asuka's streak.
  3. Asuka wins at Wrestlemania, then they do an injury angle in order to write her off TV, thus allowing Carmella to become champion without having to pin Asuka.
  4. Carmella causes a DQ win for Asuka at Wrestlemania, because she tried to cash-in.
  5. Asuka wins via DQ after a Charlotte heel turn, then Carmella cashes in on Charlotte.
  6. Charlotte breaks Asuka's streak. Then Carmella can cash in whenever she wants.

Carmella is a very predictable variable regarding this match, but I wouldn't put it past the WWE to pull some crap where Carmella ends up cashing in on Alexa Bliss. I get that the briefcase appears to be strictly for the Smackdown belt, but who the fuck really knows when it comes to the WWE. They had Edge gain entrance into a rival show's Elimination Chamber because he beat up a scheduled participant while they were on the way to the ring.

The WWE seems to be pushing this match as another Hogan vs Warrior supermatch. Both women are on top of their game, and the fans could take them seriously as potential winners of this match. The WWE has options, most are good, and I think the best option would be to have Asuka win in a match without shenanigans. If Charlotte wins, have her use a thumb to the eye or something like that.

Charlotte is apparently mimicking her father's road to stardom, which isn't a bad thing where my ticket money is concerned. Ric started as the guy who had the courage of a lion, and with that courage managed to take down Harley Race. Charlotte's efforts to take down Nikki Bella seems like how she established unto the fans that she is worthy of her hype and that she has a legacy to protect. Ric's heel days were defined by the notion that he is the epitome of a prowrestler and that the championship is nothing unless its around his waist. Charlotte has yet to really start that phase of her career, and I think that if she did it would grant the women's division a level of notoriety that it's never seen before. The WWE will have a money making performer that some fans absolutely love and some fans absolutely hate, while few fans will be indifferent.

Asuka is what I need to be able to truly like the women's division. Joshi wrestling is what I always go back to when I want to see female wrestlers in five star matches. Asuka brings that same stiffness, intensity, and seriousness to the women's division. Asuka doesn't need a gimmick, her fury in the ring is all she needs to put butts in seats. This match needs to test her will to keep fighting to make it worthy of a WrestleMania match. If Charlotte has to keep being a traditionalist, then Asuka is going to have to sell bigtime.

I hope that Carmella doesn't get involved in this one. This is potentially the biggest match on the card, doing some kind of money in the bank cash-in would spoil it for me. I want the winner to stand tall with their well earned championship.

Carmella is a very predictable variable regarding this match, but I wouldn't put it past the WWE to pull some crap where Carmella ends up cashing in on Alexa Bliss. I get that the briefcase appears to be strictly for the Smackdown belt, but who the fuck really knows when it comes to the WWE.

Yeah, it's a possibility when you think about it. I absolutely HATE when WWE tries to pull off ridiculous stunts during matches and try to justify them with some idiotic technicality. For instance, we had Coach trying to sell Braun Strowman winning a "tag team" battle royal as acceptable because if the way the rules of the match were written out.

In this case, the spirit of the MITB concept is that Carmella could only cash in on the SmackDown Women's Champion because the 2017 MITB ppv was exclusive to the SmackDown brand. But considering that a Superstar Shakeup is rumored to be on the way and that it's WrestleMania, I'd be okay with Carmella cashing in on either Alexa Bliss or Nia Jax as Charlotte vs. Asuka is the sort of physical clash of titans, so to speak, that fans want to see.

Asuka wins a gruelling match, Carmella cashes in and loses. End scene. Asuka women's champion

Frankly I would like to see Carmella cash in on Bliss/Nia, if they're trying to make Carmella cash in. I don't want to see Auska's undefeated streak tarnished in a triple threat even if she doesn't get pinned it's still a loss in my eyes. Save her streak until she goes against Rousey. Otherwise have Carmella cash in and lose but I doubt the'll do that with the first Women's MITB holder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back