WWE WCW Clash of the Champions DVD

bigbootydaddyV

arrogant bastard
So I couldn't find a thread on this, and just heard about this today, it looks as though WWE is going to release a dvd about the clash of the champions like the Nitro dvd. Amazon is already taking pre-orders for a May 22 release. Personally, I am very excited about this as I used to really enjoy the Clash. I think it was every bit on the level of SNME as far as importance and match quality (though SNME was just legendary, it was still the WCW equivalent). So I just wanted to know, what are some matches you think should be on the DVD? I think the actual dvd will be different since it'll probably still be WWE superstars heavy and of course some Sting and Flair, but the clash has had some amazing matches and what would you like to see on a dvd... don't have to list enough to fill an entire 540 minute dvd but just some of your highlights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clash_of_the_Champions

Flair and Funk in the I Quit match is one that I would love to see again as that is one of the first matches I remember that got me hooked on wrestling to begin with. As well as the Steiners and SkyScrapers match from that same card.

I thought Flair and Steiner from dixie dynamite was another great match and one of steiner's best singles matches as it was before he turned into the genetic freak.

Even flair and bobby eaton put on a classic at the clash, but I don't know about too much flair on any dvd.

Rick Rude and Sting would be another great match.

These are just a few of the matches I remember off the top of my head, there are a lot of matches that pre-date when i began watching wrestling that I'd love to see as well... so what are some of your favorites or matches that you would just love to see from the Clash of the Champions? Btw... how awesome is that name for a show?

One match for sure would have to be World champ. Ricky the Dragon Steamboat vs Ric Nature Boy Flair 2 out of 3 falls in 1989. The Steiners vs Doom in 1990 Feb and June matches. Ric Nature Boy Flair vs Sting 1988 45 minute draw. Doug Furnas vs Barry Windham in June 1991 was a good match. Lex Luger &Barry Windham beating Arn Anderson&Tully Blanchard for the tag titles1988. 1992 Cactus Jack vs Van Hammer falls count anywhere. There are several others but I will see what others post before I say more. Can't wait for the dvd hope it is coming out.

Both Flair's matches with Sting in 88 and 94 are on his DVDs, as is the Steamboat match. His 94 match with Hogan, my fav of all their bouts, is on one of Hulk's DVDs. Not sure if the match from 96 when Hogan 1st went NWO was on a Hogan set, thats another very good match between them. Likely for historical reasons the Sting bout from 88 will make this one since it was the main event of the 1st Clash and it drew big ratings head to head vs WrestleMania. Vince threatened cable operators he'd pull future PPVs if they didnt convince Turner never to do that again, with estimates as high as 5 million dollars in lost revenue for Vince from wrestlng fans who watched Flair-Sting over WM.

As far as matches, did Ron Simmons face Vader on a Clash ? Blanchard & Anderson vs Luger & Whyndam was very good in 88. Flair & Whyndam vs Midnite Express in 88 was good too. Im surprised anyone remembers Flair-Eaton in 91 although it was a terrific match, Eaton never had "the look" but he could perform in the ring.

Rick Rude wrestled on a lot of Clash events and few of his matches are on any of these compilation DVDs.

Hogan-Savage vs Giant-Flair was entertaining, a rare heel victory vs Hogan in 96 before the NWO started. Flair & Vader also had a good match just one month before their Starrcade 93 epic on a Clash special.

The Flair/Funk I Quit is on the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection, and the Sting/Flair 45 minute draw is on the Definitive Ric Flair collection.

Though I will defiantly pick this thing up if it's released.

you know im not sure what matches i would like to see on there,Its been so long since ive seen it other than what has already been said.But the most important thing is i hope it is true cause i was a huge wcw fan back in the day.With the nitro dvd and the best of starcade and now hopefully this one im hoping this leads to ALOT more wcw dvd done.Would love to see a collection of all of the starcades and also the war games

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back