WWE Unified Tag Team Championship: R-Truth & John Morrison VS Big Show & Miz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it is pretty up in the air, at the moment. Morrison is a big name for the WWE with the younger generation and it would make a lot of sense for them to have him on the card. However, it would make even more sense to have him as a DVD exclusive and have gullible parents buy the DVD for their kids to swoon over him. In my opinion, I have the feeling that he will be on the DVD only exclusive content. It just makes financial sense and also means that the Miz is not tied up and we can see a US title match. If they have Morrison on the undercard, Miz could win or lose that match and no one would know if he turned up two hours later to defend the US title. So again, it makes a lot of sense to have the tag match before WM.

Then you have the fact that last years tag match was on the undercard and had a better line up. Plus, it was for the initial unification, if my memory serves me correctly. It was much more of a big deal back then and was still demoted to the undercard.

Well actually skotch. Drew Mcintyre is the intercontinental champion but he isn't in money in the bank so it is still a chance for the intercontinental championship to be defended at Wrestlemania.

Yes, good point, I am assuming that he will some how be worked into the MITB match by being given a spot since he couldn't win his way into it. Why they give fat Matt Hardy a win over McIntyre is beyond me.

But back to the tag team title match, the very fact we are having a discussion of whether or not it will make it onto the main card shows how weak of a match it is. I like ShoMiz, although its just a carbon copy of JeriShow but I hate it when the WWE for no reason takes two guys and throws them together like they did with R-Truth and Morrison (who are only partners because they LOST their MITB qualifying matches) and gives them a tag title shot over a team like Hart Dynasty.

It couldve been so easy to set it up too, have Hart confronted by Miz and Show backstage and insult Bret and then have the Hart Dynasty defend Bret Hart. Simple as that, it would be a great match and the boost Hart Dynasty needs.

with how much the wwe cares about tag teams theses days, it wouldn't surprise me if they put it on at the end of the ppv after the main event and when the cameras have stopped rolling and everyone is on there way home, i mean come half of the guys who have held those belts dont even know what thier called we've had undisputed tag champs and united tag champion from big show on sd this week, plus theres a couple teams who deserve a tag title match over morrison n truth
hart dynasty
cryme tyme
even croft n his boyfriend from the ecw.
but morrison has a dvd out dont forget so i'd say his match will be on the ppv's main card or at least very heavily promoted

The Morrison R-Truth Tag Team is a joke to me. You've got teams that have already established themselves like Hart Dynasty and Cryme Tyme as Mz Race said. The only reason I can see for this is once again Miz beats Morrison, and Big Show Finally gets a Solid win in a Descent Match. Being in Wrestlemania Alone is an honor, i just think another tag team deserved it more. And YES, Morrison is a great talent for this generation of stars, but the team he's in doesn't deserve a title shot at wrestlemania because they will break up within a few weeks when they get beat by someone who should've been where they are. And Miz has got so much upside and has done so much with his time in WWE I dont see them having him lose at Wrestlemania. I will be glad to see big show have a credible match, I would say in the past year he's been pushed more than ever and I love it.

I think that ShoMiz will keep them together and have them retain the titles so Big Show can be doing something.

I actually like this match, Morrison, Truth and Miz work well together and this can be a good tag team match. Some good workers in there. I thought they were just going to face MVP and Mark Henry but I was wrong and god sake for that, I love this match.

It's great to see all 4 of these guys on the card, and I can live with ShowMiz, but the random teaming or Morrison/R Truth is just bugging the hell out of me! Why not Cryme Tyme or the Hart Dynasty. If Bret can get on the card ( no offense to him in anyway), then why not the Hart Dynasty for God's sake. Last night on Raw, Morrison and Truth showed Miz and Show they aren't kidding around, but outside of that, there hasn't been too much build up. I just hope with 2 weeks left and 5 more shows between Raw and SmackDown the build up really picks up. The tag division needs this match to be huge.

Odd but this works I guess. It's certainly better to actually have this on the card rather than having it on the preshow or whatever that no one watches if it's even watchable before the DVD comes out. This should be at least passable and if nothing else it's believable I suppose. It's not going to steal the show or anything but it's going to give Miz/Show a win on PPV which there's nothing wrong with.

I think MizShow will be leaving WrestleMania still as champs. Truth & Wisdom hasn't proved anything yet, they've partnered up for only a few weeks and there's no way there going to win gold just like that. They've been on fire for the last couple weeks but there's no doubt that MizShow will fire back sooner or later.

definitely see showmiz winning here....with the rumored jomo heel turn, this would be perfect...him as a face just isnt working anymore and its time for a change

I'm so disappointed that Another Tag Team with 2 wrestlers who have nothing to do right now have been put into a Wrestlemania match. Why not have The Hart Dynasty Or Cryme Tyme?

These two are actual Tag-Teams so why not have them Included in the match? I would love to see a fatal Four-Way With Texas Tornado Rules because I think that Cryme Tyme and the Hart Dynasty need to be included.

I'm so disappointed that Another Tag Team with 2 wrestlers who have nothing to do right now have been put into a Wrestlemania match. Why not have The Hart Dynasty Or Cryme Tyme?

These two are actual Tag-Teams so why not have them Included in the match? I would love to see a fatal Four-Way With Texas Tornado Rules because I think that Cryme Tyme and the Hart Dynasty need to be included.

I think the main reason Morrison and Truth are in this match is because both of them are way over with fans, and they are two of Smackdown's hottest stars. Since they're not going to be in MITB, then this is next best thing for them.

I agree with you about The Hart Dynasty. Personally, they're my favorite tag team in WWE, but for some reason, I don't think Vince and WWE are too crazy about them. They had a couple of shots at the tag titles, but never won. It also would be nice to see them at Wrestlemania because I believe it's a lock Bret will beat Vince. Imagine if The Hart Dynasty could win the tag titles on the same show, it would be HUGE for them.

Because The Hart Dynasty and Cryme Tyme are nothing but jobbers at this point and don't deserve a shot. At least with R Truth and JoMo facing MizShow then you can get a decent story and get some of your best young superstars on the card.

Both teams have history with one another with Miz and JoMo teaming before and R Truth eliminating Big Show from the Rumble so that could play into the story and it gives JoMo and Truth more reason to team with one another. Also it Gives NXT some exposure as David Otunga and Daniel Bryan will probably accompany them to the ring.

Anyway, the match should be pretty good. All four competitors are good in the ring with Big Show being the worst. I doubt it will be anything spectacular but JoMo and R Truth will do some nice flips to get the crowd pumped. I see Show and Miz winning but I wouldn't be suprised if Morrison and Truth win the belts.

I really was hoping for Hart Dynasty vs. The Miz and The Big Show. I am looking forward to this match however. I hope R Truth and John Morrison wins. I want to see Big Show out of the tag team division and in the Main Event.

I see John Morrison and R-Truth winning here for a couple of reasons:

1.) Giving the Smackdown! team the Unified Tag Titles means Cryme Tyme or The Hart Dynasty will get the title down the line.

2.) The Miz is the US Champion. I would not make a lot of sense him keeping the Tag Titles since it drives the focus away from the US Title. I see Big Show and Miz mis-coordination leading to a US Title rivalry between The Miz and The Big Show.

3.) Morrison needs to win a rivlary with The Miz. Miz winning in Bragging Rights made sense since it elevated Miz w/o costing Morrison anything. Survivor Series was setup more for Sheamus and McIntyre. However i could actually see this as a blow off feud between Morrison and Miz giving the face the last victory.

Overall I am excited for this match. Though I wish Kane would have taken R-Truth's place with Truth being in the MITB. Still this match as "opener" written all over it and with the talent involved it should make an exciting 7 - 8 min match up to get the crowd going.

I see R-Truth getting jumped backstage by Miz and Big Show. They announce the match is still on and Morrisons partner is Joey Mercury who signed back on with the WWE and well see MNM reformed :).

It's great to see all 4 of these guys on the card, and I can live with ShowMiz, but the random teaming or Morrison/R Truth is just bugging the hell out of me! Why not Cryme Tyme or the Hart Dynasty.

Because as TLC has said, Cryme Tyme and Hart Dynasty are jobbers and the fact that neither team has been on PPV since the Summerslam-Bragging Rights period means that they aren't over enough to warrant a tag title shot. Also, although i don't agree entirely with the guys in the MiTB match, all the spots were taken and i honestly believe creative have chosen Christian or Kofi to win this year so throwing JoMo in randomly does him no favours; ask Shelton Benjamin.

Many of the successful tag teams were formed by neither partner having nothing better to do. Looking at TNA, Beer Money and MCMG were composed of two guys who had nothing in common, in fact Beer Money's gimmick THRIVES on the fact that they are opposites. Most of WWE's tag teams are composed of two random guys with nothign to do. New Age Outlaws, London and Kendrick, APA, Booker T and Goldust... hell, even the most over team of the last year, Miz and Morrison were composed of two guys on ECW with nothing to do and the results speak for themselves. Why not put R-Truth and JoMo together for a while and get some momentum going before the draft?

After weeks of The Miz making Daniel Bryan's life hell, the only logical way for this to end is with him costing The Miz the title. Or the better option, one that'll push The Miz, Bryan & NXT, is that Daniel Bryan turns heel. I can't see it happening, which is a shame because it'd really give NXT some momentum coming out of Mania.

Unfortunately I see R-Truth & John Morrison winning. Truth is easily one of the most over faces in the company, and that popularity will be used as the basis for Morrison's eventual heel turn and push up the ranks. Morrison just hasn't cut it as a face on Smackdown, while The Miz has risen up the ranks, Morrison has had a couple of good TV matches and hasn't developed at all as a personality. He's too good looking to be a face at this stage and he doesn't have the personality to be likeable. A heel turn is the obvious option for him. After a brief reign with the tag titles, in which he shares some of Truth's popularity, he turns on the very child friendly face and if done right should come out as a truly hated heel.

Man, probably the match I have the least amount of interest in. The Miz and Big Show are so far above Morrison and R-Truth, it's a shame they are stuck dragging these guys around. JoMo is the dead weight in this match, so I imagine the WWE is going to try their best in shoving him down everyone's throat to try and get him over.

Danielson might have a go in this thing, but I'm just not sure. I think that Miz and Show lose this thing, but I can't be positive. I simply see no positive in JoMo and R-Truth being able to bounce from show to show each week. ShowMiz our heat magnets, and their presence on every show is tolerable. Fuck it, let's go ShowMiz.

As KB said, at least we have a Tag Championship match on the fucking card. If it were pre-show, everyone here would be bitching that we don't have a Tag Championship match.

This match is nothing more than a chance for Morrison to leech more reaction from R-Truth. Lame.

The only way Morrison/R-Truth win is if they are starting a free fall for Miz that will end with him loosing the US Championship to Danielson. But that isn't going to happen yet, because NXT isn't ready to lose Danielson.

Big Show and Miz will win here, in a match I don't give a shit about. But then again, at least it's three new-ish wrestlers on the biggest show of the year.

Funny this, we have two of the guys who fought for these belts last year (and lost) but on different teams, plus one of the guys who was one half of the unified champs for most of the year. Plus one of the most over guys on SD.

I honestly can't see which way this match is going, and to be honest I don't really care. Two thrown together tag teams for the sake of it sure as hell pisses the Harts and Cryme Tyme off!

I expect for this to be the opening match. Truth coming out to hype up everyone with his "what's up!?" entrance is a perfect way to begin the show. Morrison & Miz were in a similar match last year but it got bumped to a dark match. Hopefully that won't be the case this time around, I'd truly feel sorry for both Morrison & Miz if that happened for the second year in a row. I think the match will be really good filled with exciting spots.

As much as I'd like Morrison & Truth to get the win here, I don't think they will. I had given them the win over in the threads for the predictions contest, but there are some rare cases where I end up changing my mind between when I do the predictions contest and when I post my final predictions in these threads on the saturday before a PPV. The reason for my mind changing and giving the win to ShowMiz is because ShowMiz benefit more from retaining the titles than Morrison & Truth do from winning them because Morrison can move up towards the main event of Smackdown if he's not stuck defending the tag team belts. Plus, we'd still see ShowMiz on both brands if they retained. Another small hint is that ShowMiz have a special entrance theme, while Morrison & Truth don't have one.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Big Show & The Miz will retain the Unified Tag Team Championship.

wait, tag team on raw, going against a tag team on smackdown, i think we are going to have a dusty finish, and we are going to have the titles split up again... i hope, because that would give 2 more people gold titles they might not get other wise... and that would allow us to have more tag team matches, and more title matches at ppvs, just seems to suspicious to be a coincidence :suspic:

I think that ShowMiz will retain here. Their reign hasn't been that long yet, and it would be a nice boost for them and the titles if there is a successful defense at WrestleMania. Morrison and Truth are talented and will put on a good match, but it isn't time for ShowMiz to lose yet.

More filler here but it lets Morrison and Truth get on the PPV. Nothing wrong with that at all. No way the titles change hands or anything, but it should be a decent 8 minute match. Show/Miz are fine for holding the titles for awhile and I really don't think that this is the night they lose. No one really cares about the match but it should be fine to kill some time.

I think this match will be a steady, catch your breath, but solid affair. I can't see TruMo winning, even with Bryan's interferance because there's absolutely nothing about them screaming tag team. I can basically see this one going down to a Big Show punch from nowhere after Truth and Morrison dance around for a bit. I am not expecting fireworks, just a short match that isn't dull, and where the outcome doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back