John Morrison, stuck in a tag team rut?

SJM12492

SAVE_US.Y2J
Y'know, Morrison is doing a great job climbing through the ranks of the WWE in my opinion. But there is something that's bugging me, him being part of a tag team. I, so far, count 3 different tag teams he's been a part of, and soon 4.

-The one he debuted in (don't know it well :p)
-MNM
-Miz and Morrison
-Morrison and Truth

He's been doing tag teams his entire career, in my opinion, he's paid his dues with tag team action. Do I think he is ready to be a world champion?.. Mabye, but is he ready for main eventing, definatly!

Even when he broke up with MNM, he started making a name for himself as a singles competitor winning the Intercontinental Championship. And the exact same thing happened AGAIN when he broke up with The Miz. Does this mean when he breaks away from Truth, he's gonna win the Intercontinental Championship again?..

What do you guys think?

Well, you're assuming that John Morrison and R-Truth are going to be together for a long while. They might be and but it's also possible that they'll be a short lived team. As far as Morrison goes, I've got no real complaints about where he's at right now. Morrison is primed to be given a push into the main event scene at anytime, he's very over with the fans, he's great in the ring and he's improved some on the mic. He's still got some work to do on his mic skills, but Morrison is a pretty damn good all around performer.

Besides, Morrison and Truth are playing a part in restoring the tag title scene in the WWE. The titles are head and shoulders above where they were this time a year ago and they're actuall being defended at WrestleMania. Overall, I'd say Morrison is pretty happy with things right now. His time is coming, it's coming soon and I think everyone knows it.

Gee... here's an original thread. Lulz...

These guys were thrown together as a last minute pitched idea to get them on the Wrestlemania card and advertise NXT, all at the same time. They could be involved in a high-profile match at the year's biggest event, all while showing their faces and bringing out the NXT rookies in tow.

Don't plan on seeing them teamed up for too much longer, afterwards.

I think it's because he has always lacked the charisma to really make it on his own. In MNM they dressed identically and had Melina as a manger. Miz had such a larger than life personality that Morrison appeared to have more charisma than he actually did, and now R-Truth, another guy who is very flamboyant.

Jo-Mo has all the tools he needs inside of the ring, but his promos sound a bit robotic, especially as a face. I liked his little quips as a heel with Miz, when he'd offer us those random hilarious "facts" about himself, but now he's a face he can't really do them anymore. Conversely, when he was a heel he was decent enough at it, but his move-set suits a face better with all his springboarding and kicks. It's quite a problem really, his wrestling suits a face, his personality suits a heel. It seems that the WWE need to pick a direction for him and he needs to alter to fit. Wrestling is traditionally easier to learn than personality, but it would be a shame to put reigns on such a gifted high-flier.

The Shaman of Sexy the Guru of Greatness, the Friday night delight. I'd like to see J-Mo go far in WWE. He was great as a heel when he was ECW champion and put on great singles matches in his feuds with Punk. So Morrison diffidently has the skill to be on his own, and can hang in there with the main eventers.

But what I'd like to see come out of him and R-truth teaming up is not winning the titles but making people realize that tag team wrestling is still great. It's not quite his time to main event right now(although he can), WWE doesn't really need him there. But in his teaming with Truth hopefully people will show more respect to the tag team division. WWE really needs to establish teams because the tag belts have lost a lot of prestige and even if this team is only temporary it can help up and coming teams get more notarity because people know who Morrison and Truth are.

So as of right now I don't think John Morrison is stuck in a tag team rut, but he is where he needs to be right now. WWE is using him just fine because he's over with the fans and he is building credibility for the tag champs which is desperately needed right now.

I think Morrison is going to be a guy who rules the intercontinental title for years. He may never hold a world title but it'll be ok because he'll be so legendary with the INT title over the years it won't matter. Look at Piper, he never won the big one, but he's a legend. I think in his time he could've though, but I just see Morrison being that Intercontinental guy forever.

I really DON'T think that John Morrison is "stuck in a tag team rut". Some of the best in the WWE can go switching from tag team and singles competition in their careers. And when you're that good at it, like John Morrison has always shown he is... there's really no reason to complain. He still has a lot of TV time on Smackdown, he's on the mic quite often, he's in a fairly high-profile match at Wrestlemania, wrestling for the Unified Tag Team Championships. This is still a big push.

John Morrison doesn't need to be rushed into the main event. While it does seem like he'd be in the main event by now, he is still at a pretty high spot on the Smackdown brand, and WWE as a whole. When you're too quick in putting someone in the main event, even if it's for a short period of time... it can cause some issues.

If WWE is looking to play it safe before putting John Morrison into the main event, then I have no right to fight them on it. They must be doing it for a reason, so maybe some day, we'll know why. He isn't being completely buried or anything like that so, he's fine, even still in the mid card/tag team division.

I think Morrison is going to be a guy who rules the intercontinental title for years. He may never hold a world title but it'll be ok because he'll be so legendary with the INT title over the years it won't matter. Look at Piper, he never won the big one, but he's a legend. I think in his time he could've though, but I just see Morrison being that Intercontinental guy forever.

I'm agree, tbh they need to turn him heel and have him hang on to that Intercontiental title the way Michaels, Mr Perfect, Honky Tonk Man, etc did. They didnt necessarily win all their matches but they hung on to that belt for ages and they didnt care how. I want them to do this with a heel John Morrison.

OMG John Morrison hasn't been a three time world champion this year, so he is a failure!!!

Jesus, calm down everyone. There are only two world champions. Not everyone gets to be world champion all the time. He is on an upward path, and will be in the main event before too much longer. He is constantly in programs with the top guys. The WWE makes sure he is front and center of everything they do. Just because he hasn't been crowned yet doesn't mean he isn't going to be.

I don't see nothing wrong with Morrison being in so many tag teams its helping the tag team division out and at the same time its giving R-Truth a push. I like the way WWE's pushing Morrison I want him to have a slow build up to be a World Champion that way when he finally wins it it will feel like a special moment. Just have patients his not the first guy that was apart of like 3 tag teams before being a world champ look at Mick Foley, RVD, Edge, and Chris Jericho they can be just as useful in Tag Teams as they are as World Champions.

I think he is on the right path.MNM was the perfect way to break him into the company and Miz and Morrison did great turning Miz and Morrison into great Mid-carders.Maybe your forgetting the time he spent on raw as Ic champion when MNM broke up.or the time he was ECW champion before Miz and morrison started.Morrison will get to the top soon.We all must just be patience.

John Morrison is coming to RAW in the post-Wrestlemania draft which should be happening very soon. He's going to turn heel again as his cocky, arrogant heel personna is better suited to him than this current failed attempt as a face.

He's going to challenge John Cena for the title, and he's going to be WWE Champion within six months. With HBK gone, and several of the veterans taking their typical post -wrestlemania hiatus, the door will be wide open for guys like Morrison, the Miz, the Hart Dynasty, Sheamus, and others.

Morrison's comments in a pre-WM interview were foreshadowing of this, when he was critical of and demeaning of Cena. They'll finally give him the main event push he's so deserving of. Why not? If unsuccessful, they'll just take the title off him just as quickly, as the belt seems to be like a hot potato these days anyway. If successful, bang, you have yet another young superstar elevated to main event status in the ever-progressive WWE.

What will get the ball rolling on this? Morrison turning on R-Truth (who is surprisingly over with the fans) and turning heel. Where he belongs.

John Morrison is coming to RAW in the post-Wrestlemania draft which should be happening very soon. He's going to turn heel again as his cocky, arrogant heel personna is better suited to him than this current failed attempt as a face.

He's going to challenge John Cena for the title, and he's going to be WWE Champion within six months. With HBK gone, and several of the veterans taking their typical post -wrestlemania hiatus, the door will be wide open for guys like Morrison, the Miz, the Hart Dynasty, Sheamus, and others.

Morrison's comments in a pre-WM interview were foreshadowing of this, when he was critical of and demeaning of Cena. They'll finally give him the main event push he's so deserving of. Why not? If unsuccessful, they'll just take the title off him just as quickly, as the belt seems to be like a hot potato these days anyway. If successful, bang, you have yet another young superstar elevated to main event status in the ever-progressive WWE.

What will get the ball rolling on this? Morrison turning on R-Truth (who is surprisingly over with the fans) and turning heel. Where he belongs.

I love that idea, Morrison definitely needs to turn heel. Going to Raw would be superb, but I'd rather he had a run with the US/IC Title before he stepped up to WWE Champion.

While I doubt Morrison will be with Truth for long, to me he is stuck in a rut. My time frame may be wrong, but heading into the summer, he seemed to be on fire. Sure his promos were still kinda lame but he was OVER.

I wonder if Jim Ross leaving has something to do with it? I don't know if he was a behind the scenes advocate, but Ross was perpetually putting Morrison over as the next Shawn Michaels. Again, my time frame may be wrong, and correlation does not indicate causation, but it seems to me that Morrsion has lost some direction since Ross left Smackdown. Now, he just seems stuck in a rudderless pit of talented mid-card singles talent that seems to be going nowhere on the blue brand (forgive me if I admit a trade): Ziggles, Truth, Benjamin, and the fat guy with a beard. I think his and Truth's Wrestlemania booking illustrates that the powers that be recognize that they're talented and somewhat over, but realizing that they don't have any idea what the fuck to do with them. Hopefully, Truth or JMo will end up in a meaningful IC feud with McIntyre, who seems to be Gillberg-ing the IC belt at the moment*.

*okay that was harsh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back