WWE TLC: WWE United States Championship - Rusev (c) VS Jack Swagger

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Should be a solid match, though I don't expect anything spectacular. Swagger has pretty much no chance of taking down Rusev as that's something they're saving for either someone like Cena or Orton, a young up & comer, or someone they still have high hopes for. Swagger's gone as far as he's ultimately gonna go, so Rusev retains.

Agreed. The company has built Rusev to the point that it's going to take a main event-level wrestler to bring him down.....so why they would consider having Jack Swagger derail Rusev's march would be as baffling as anything I've seen.

Therefore, it won't happen. Yes, we can probably look forward to a good match, but PPV contests usually contain at least some doubt as to who will come out on top.

Not here. The best we can hope for is some kind of surprise. As long as Rusev doesn't get pinned or submit, Swagger can pull any kind of stunt Creative can come up with. But they've booked this feud too decisively in Rusev's favor to turn it around now.

I mean, c'mon ......we've already seen the greatest American patriot the world has ever known losing a flag match to the godless Putin-lover? If there was one segment of the feud in which I expected Swagger to somehow emerge on top, that was it.

A friggin' flag match?

I still say Rusev is treading water until Randy Orton comes back to feud with him....and Jack Swagger is the buoy he's using to hang onto until that time.

Have to be blunt here, but why do so many people seem invested in Jack Swagger?

I know he has that Real American gimmick and stuff...but he seems to be a guy riding entirely on an endearing Nationalistic gimmick and an over chant which seems patriotic...
Beyond that, I see nothing special in him and would love if Zeb debuted a different more charismatic SuperStar who can take over the Real American gimmick, and maybe, be the guy to beat Rusev. Who that maybe, I'm not sure, as I really hoped that during the point, Zeb was seemingly looking for a new client, he'd have selected Big E Langston, who would definitely have gotten over under the Real American gimmick,lMO.

As you would have realised, I'd be greatly suprised if Rusev loses this match, and I hope he puts out Swagger in some form or fashion, so Zeb can bring someone new, and perhaps finally bring down Rusev and Russia.
Actually, given Zeb is injured, and Swagger will probably fail to 'avenge' him, maybe it is being setup in a way that Zeb Colter Does Finally Bring In a new Real American to finish job. Oh, how I would love if he were to choose Cesaro! That would surely be Best for Business!

Remember the last Rusev/Swagger feud? I don't blame you if you don't, even though it was only three months ago. It was enjoyable and Swagger at that time probably should've gained one pinfall victory. Yeah, really. WWE have made wins and lossess so insignificant that Rusev not being pinned before doesn't mean much to me. Especially when he'll go from undefeated monster to taking pinfall losses bi-weekly almost immediately.

Seems as if the vast majority are in agreement that Rusev leaves TLC victorious as he continues his dominate roll over the foes put in his path. I wonder where each of these talents, and even the managers, go from here. Who is next for Rusev? Does the Russian Representative begin to show any signs of vulnerability anytime soon or will he remain as dominate until his WrestleMania program? If he continues to steam roll who is worthwhile as filler? More importantly what would another defeat mean to Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter? Maybe a heel turn for one or both? Could Swaggler receive a complete overhaul abandoning g the All American gimmick? Could Zeb introduce a new All American, if so who, or could he simple turn his back on the American way?

Would anyone be open to another month of this revisited feud with another match at the Rumble? Let’s say they allow Swagger to somehow look convincing in a screw job or manipulated finish. In his quest for final revenge Swagger is briefly mentored Mr. America himself, Hulk Hogan. The insertion of such a major name could add some major fuel to the fire. Swagger looks like a legit threat and in the end Rusev gets a positive rub instead of simply spinning his tires in the mud.

Seems as if the vast majority are in agreement that Rusev leaves TLC victorious as he continues his dominate roll over the foes put in his path. I wonder where each of these talents, and even the managers, go from here. Who is next for Rusev? Does the Russian Representative begin to show any signs of vulnerability anytime soon or will he remain as dominate until his WrestleMania program? If he continues to steam roll who is worthwhile as filler? More importantly what would another defeat mean to Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter? Maybe a heel turn for one or both? Could Swaggler receive a complete overhaul abandoning g the All American gimmick? Could Zeb introduce a new All American, if so who, or could he simple turn his back on the American way?

Would anyone be open to another month of this revisited feud with another match at the Rumble? Let’s say they allow Swagger to somehow look convincing in a screw job or manipulated finish. In his quest for final revenge Swagger is briefly mentored Mr. America himself, Hulk Hogan. The insertion of such a major name could add some major fuel to the fire. Swagger looks like a legit threat and in the end Rusev gets a positive rub instead of simply spinning his tires in the mud.

I'm not sure if Rusev will defend his title at Royal Rumble due to the lack of time set for matches.

I expect him to participate in the Royal Rumble match and put on a good performance but get eliminated by a group of superstars.

I still think he'll interfere in the Cena/Brock main event and cost Cena the match, leading to a Cena/Rusev match at WrestleMania.

As far as Swagger, I think he'll get a tag team partner like R Truth and just compete in the tag team division against whoever isn't competing for the tag titles.

I can't believe they are forcing this on us again.

Another clear sign the WWE has zero idea what to do with Rusev.

You turn the guy into a monster but had to do the USA vs. Russia storyline so it only makes sense for "American heroes" to go after him. Then you have him defeat them all to the point there is no one left.

So now we are just recycling garbage. If he were to lose, all these months of turning him into a monster are lost. If he wins, who cares? Been there done that.

God forbid WWE come up with an actual plan for more than a month at a time.

Man, this will be tough to watch. I've never been a fan of Swagger, at all. Rusev is growing on me, I'm beginning to respect him, but really, that came after Rocky gave him the rub, which told me that they have been plans for him.

Rusev wins this decisively. Hopefully, we can see Swagger go away for a while.

20141123_LIGHT_TLC2014_MATCH_HOMEPAGE_rusevswagger-sponsor.jpg

We've seen this already. At least it's not a Flag Match this time around. I definitely do not have very high hopes for it, despite Rusev's improvement and the fact that he very slowly has been growing on me. Swagger, unlike Big Show and Mark Henry, makes sense as an American Hero challenger for Rusev's US Championship. I'll be rooting for him, although sadly I predict Rusev retaining. Swagger's not believable in winning right now. I'm actually surprised Ziggler didn't get this match. He'd be believable in winning it after what he pulled off at Survivor Series. Anyway, Rusev retains after a strong effort by Swagger. This goes on in the middle of the evening. Rusev moves on to his next challenger afterwards and Swagger moves on to some filler feud.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Rusev retains the US Championship.

Yeh, it's been done before but it was good the first time. Plus, they have added the US title and the Zeb injury angle.

Rusev will win, obviously, but this match has a lot of potential. They can definitely tell a good story and it should be decent match.

I'm still hoping that Ziggler moves onto Rusev for a long programme heading into Mania. I think that would be a brilliant way to use the momentum he got from Survivor Series, where, in fact, he was actually the reason Rusev got eliminated anyway via countout.

Dolph Ziggler vs Rusev for the US title at Wrestlemania 31. Bring it On!
And the good thing is, Ziggler is so over, that if they want Rusev to build even more heat, he could actually not get beaten at Mania either and be left for someone else instead...

On topic; Rusev goes over easily here. I just wonder what's next for Zeb. Does he just continue with Swagger or does he bring someone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back