WWE TLC 2011 - Aftermath & General Discussion

wewantchange

Occasional Pre-Show
So tonight we get to see the rematch from Survivor Series of Alberto Del rio vs the WWE Champion CM Punk. I think tonight is going to go CM punk's way just like most people think it will go tonight, he will either win via GTS or via Anaconda vice. So the question is who will punk face at TLC. I sure as hell dont wanna see punk vs del rio again unless somehow del rio gets DQ'd and gets Punk to say u wanna play with me were gonna do a TLC at TLC or tables match or w/e, etc...
But if Punk does win clean tonight I think Punk will either face Cena or Miz at TLC or maybe even Dolph Ziggler, but i think it'll be Ryder vs Ziggler at TLC. I kind of want to see another Cena vs Punk match at TLC because look at the build up they did at both MITB and SummerSlam imagin the build up towards this one where punk says i proved u wrong cena im the man now not u. And Punk just destroys cena on the mic through-out the build up, thus creating the slight little heel turn that i see comming from John Cena, but the turn wont happen at TLC. Punk can win clean against Cena and just gives more rage to Cena. I'm gonna throw in one more little thing about the cena heel turn just watch the end of the Never before, Never again match at Survivor series. When the rock does the rock bottom on Cena after he hits the rock bottom, watch Cena crawl to the top of the stage like a little bitch, kind of a heel act don't u think? I have never seen Cena ever, EVER do that before. Then he says No more Mr. Nice Guy. So u never know!!
Anyways give me ur thoughts on who CM Punk could face at TLC if he beats Del rio clean again tonight.

I'd say that Punk will have one more match with Alberto Del Rio as a blow off to their feud. Every fiber of logic I have says that WWE will have one more Henry vs. Show match for the WHC, so it makes sense to also bring the current Punk vs. Del Rio feud to a close before starting something different.

I'd say it'll be Punk vs. Del Rio for the WWE Championship in a TLC match, or at least a ladder match.

I think there will be a 3-way with Miz and Cena at TLC. These three in a ladder match would be pretty sick to see IMO. Miz is free from Truth now and with him suspended Miz needs something for the month. You can always go back to Miz/Cena as Cena really has nothing going on now either. Throw in CM Punk and the title and you have a pretty solid match and all three men have history with each other so it would be a really fun build up.

I'd rather see a 30-40 minute Ladder match with Punk and Ziggler because their match last week was MOTY material. But most likely all the matches will be rehashes of the matches from Survivor Series

Cena is out of the equation in my opinion. Ryder will win the US Title at TLC after getting " enough signees of his petition " straight after Cena puts Ziggler over in a non-title feud. Thus pushes Ziggler into the main event picture whilst puts the US Title on Ryder thanks to Cena's help. So now we are left with who will face CM Punk for the WWE Title. I'm gonna go with a rematch with Del Rio, Miz won't suddenly be put back into the WWE Title picture, he'll have to work for it. Possible feud with Sheamus cross-brand?

It's likely Alberto Del Rio will face CM Punk at the event. I'm tired of ADR, even though I used to be a huge fan of his. I have lost all interest or hope in him. Let Punk retain and let Del Rio fade into obscurity. I thought he would have been a new face of the WWE but it didn't happen. Punk seems to be doing much better and could possibly succeed that feat.

I HIGHLY doubt that WWE would allow Alberto Del Rio to lose cleanly two CM Punk in less than a month.

WHAT I THINK SHOULD HAPPEN: CM Punk wins the match clean, Ziggler comes out, preaches how he's truly the best & that the US Title isn't good enough for him anymore. "Gives" the belt to Swagger (which they would say isn't allowed & Swag would have to earn it. Setting up Swag vs. Ryder).. Ziggler then goes on to way CM Punk in a CLASSIC at TLC.

WHAT PROBABLY WILL HAPPEN: The Miz interferes beating down CM Punk and causing the DQ, Del Rio cries & complains the next week, in which Johnny Ace sets up a triple threat between Punk, Miz, & Del Rio. Cena goes through some "challenge" & makes it a fatal four way.

He will most likely face Punk in a TLC or Ladder match. Del Rio has been in a Ladder match with Christian before, so it wont be his first. Punk has won multiple ladder matches.
IMO They should have a Submission Match, but since its at TLC, I don't see it happening.

I would Pick Ziggler, but i want to see Ryder finally get his match!
I could say Miz, but with R-Truth suspended, Miz will prolly work one more PPV match with Cena.

I think it's likely going to be Punk vs. Del Rio vs. Miz vs. Cena in a TLC Match for the belt.

Del Rio of course will get another rematch because the match on RAW will end in controversy or not a clean finish.

Miz and Cena will continue their feud and somehow it will be tied into the Punk-Del Rio feud, making it a Fatal Four Way TLC match at TLC.

Yeah, Fatal 4 way for the WWEC. in a T.L..C. match at T.L.C.PPV. Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Miz and Cena, setting the stage for Cena vs. Punk at the Royal Rumble for the WWEC. with THE ROCK as special guest ref. As for the WHC. I think Henry will destroy Bryan in the steel cage match putting him out of action for a while, perhaps till Royal Rumble. I see Henry and Big Show fighting one more time at TLC ppv. in a Tables match for the WHC. I see Henry winning, only for Kane to then return and choke slam him through table setting up a feud between those to guys for a match at the Royal Rumble.

1. WWE Championship TLC Match (c) CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio

2. World Heavyweight Championship Chairs Match (c) Mark Henry vs. Big Show

3. U.S. Championship Fatal-4-Way Ladder Match (c) Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder vs. Jack Swagger vs. Kofi Kingston

4. 1-on-1 Tables Match Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton

5. Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match (c) Cody Rhodes vs. Sheamus (Booker T costs Cody the title)

6. 1-on-1 Chairs Match Triple H vs. Kevin Nash

7. 1-on-1 TLC Match The Miz vs. John Cena

8. Divas Tag Team elimination Tables Match Eve & Kelly Kelly vs. Beth & Natalya

Make the Miz/Cena match a normal singles bout. Make the Diva's match a regular tag team bout. The world title matches are spot on, and I think the US title match would likely only involve Ziggler and Ryder. Rhodes vs Sheamus doesn't seem likely. not for the title, anyways. I don't at all expect 8 matches on the card. If they did, they'd have to cut promo/entrance/interview time in order to fit them all in. 3 ladder matches in one night doesn't sound reasonable in the current PPV time alloted (I count the TLC and ladder matches together because the stipulation is the same). Other than that I think you pretty much have the card down. Perhaps combine the Orton/Barrett and Sheamus/Rhodes match into one.

What will Cena be doing at TLC?

I say prolly facing Miz. That would be a nice match. I cant imagine Cena in a mid-card match on a PPV. But i sure don't want him back in the title picture yet.
(im not hating on Cena, im just saying my opinion.)

1. WWE Championship TLC Match (c) CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio

2. World Heavyweight Championship Chairs Match (c) Mark Henry vs. Big Show

3. U.S. Championship Fatal-4-Way Ladder Match (c) Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder vs. Jack Swagger vs. Kofi Kingston

4. 1-on-1 Tables Match Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton

5. Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match (c) Cody Rhodes vs. Sheamus (Booker T costs Cody the title)

6. 1-on-1 Chairs Match Triple H vs. Kevin Nash

7. 1-on-1 TLC Match The Miz vs. John Cena

8. Divas Tag Team elimination Tables Match Eve & Kelly Kelly vs. Beth & Natalya

I don't see the WWE putting a Mark Henry/Big Show match on 3 straight PPV's. No way, that can happen. Why would Kevin Nash & Triple H have a chairs match when a chair have nothing to do with the fued? Maybe a sledgehammer match, MAYBE. Why is Kofi Kingston placed in the US title picture all of a sudden? Straight Zigg/Ryder match there.

If that card is remotely close to what TLC really is, it will be one of the most laziest booked PPV's I have ever seen & wouldn't even watch it for free.

I expect del Rio to exit the title picture after tonight. I really like the guy, but right now something isn't clicking with his character. I partially blame his loose grip on the English language, and maybe creative for giving him the same promo every week. Punk's right, he's boring, at least right now. I'd love to see Ziggler step up and get a shot but he's occupied with Ryder and the US Title. Plus, I feel they may just save that feud for Mania. Miz will probably get the shot, and maybe throw in Cena since he has nothing to do for the time being. Henry will beat Bryan tomorrow and have a chairs match (that's a match?) with Show at the PPV. Ryder will hopefully get the US Title in probably a ladder match, which should be great. Cody vs. Booker should be expected. That's all I've got. The rest I might not care about much. This could be a very good or just average PPV; it depends on the matches they make.

I got an idea of how to make a TLC match something different. I was thinking that maybe a three stages of hell match, with the first stage chairs, second stage tables and third stage ladder, or a similar match but maybe have it as a gauntlet match?? what do you guys think? would you think it freshens things up, and do you think it needs things to freshen up??

1. WWE Championship - Fatal-4-Way TLC Match - CM Punk (c) vs The Miz vs John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio.
(Next week the main event of RAW is #1 Contenders match Miz vs Cena, have something happen like the 'It the Begins' promo interrupt the match or something to do with Alberto interfering. Alberto claims he was robbed on this RAW just gone and Johnny Ace sets up the fatal 4 way match.)

2. World Heavyweight Championship - Tables Scramble Match - Mark Henry (c) vs Big Show vs Sheamus vs Cody Rhodes vs Daniel Bryan
(A scramble match was rumoured a while ago and I wouldn't mind it. I'd like to see Barrett and Orton have their own match so this scramble match features other guys who are in the spot light.)

3. Chairs Match - Triple H vs Kevin Nash
(This feud has been dying down but hopefully in the coming weeks we see Triple H again and this feud gets re-ignited and we get a brutal chairs match)

4. Tables Match - Wade Barrett vs Randy Orton
(A feud that could really produce an incredible match.)

5. Divas Tag Team Match - Beth Phoenix and Natalya vs Eve and Kelly Kelly

6. Ladder Match - WWE United States Champion - Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Zack Ryder
(This has been brewing for at least a month. Ryder to get the win)

After this past Raw, I could see a CM Punk vs ADR match at TLC. I used to be an ADR fan. Thought he was awesome. And surprisingly, when I was relieved he had won the WWE Championship, he drops it at the next PPV, then has another shitty little reign, which made me hate him for being shit. But, that is WWE's fault. They obviously want him in the title picture, just not with the title. A Ladder Match, maybe? His Ladder Match with Christian was great. Why not?

However, another match has crossed my mind. A Fatal-4-Way TLC Match for the WWE Championship. CM Punk (c) vs Alberto Del Rio vs John Cena vs The Miz. Would it be good. Probably. Last years Fatal-4-Way TLC Match was good. It should be good. Give Cena something to do heading into WrestleMania, as well as The Miz finding his feet in singles competition again.

I think there will be a Chairs Match for the World Heavyweight Championship. Chairs Match? Wow, they took their time thinking about that one. A Tables Match between Mark Henry and The Big Show wouldn't work for me. Yeah, it'd be an awesome crash, but, a Chairs Match allows each of the two to whack the hell out of each other and give each other more chance of winning the title.

I think a United States Championship match will be thrown in their somehow. TLC 2009 only had one T match, one L match, one C match and one TLC Match, whereas TLC 2010 had every single match with a TLC stipulation. But, either way, Dolph Ziggler should drop the title to Zack Ryder. Give Ryder the title, and Ziggler an oppertunity to rise into the main event picture. Also, Ziggler should continue this two-match a PPV thing, it could be something to add to his "show-off" gimmick.

We are definetely going to get either a triple threat or a fatal four way here. It just makes sense, theres no way del rio can jump into a feud with anyone else this late, cena needs to be in the title picture to make this whole "is the booing getting to him" thing important and then theres miz who WWE is selling as the top heel. (unfortunately ziggler isnt going to get his chance yet)

Cody Rhodes Vs Booker T: Winner of this match in my opinion will be Rhodes, it makes no sense in having Booker T win the IC Belt, he was above that in his prime it would do the WWE no favours to have him step down a notch when there are plenty of more fitting younger IC contenders. Rhodes should keep this until WM28 and between the RR and WM he should fued with DiBiase, who is getting a nice push at the moment, he is a face and i still think he has good in ring ability, at WM Rhodes should lose the title to him and then pursue the World Heavyweight Title, stepping up to the next level.

Randy Orton Vs Wade Barrett: I think the winner of this match will coincide with the winner of the World Heavyweight Title match, If Barrett wins then Show will and if Orton wins then Henry will, this way the next fued between a face and a heel can begin. I would like to see Barrett win this match as he has a lot of potential and if anyone is going to put him over it should be Orton. However over the past month Barrett has been getting the edge of Orton so i think it will be a close match up but Orton will win. Fued wont end here however Barrett wont let Orton have the last say and will screw him at RR.

Zack Ryder Vs Dolph Ziggler: I can safely say that i will eat my hat if Ryder does not win this match! WWE has put so much effort into finally giving Ryder a push because of the amount of work he has put in and how over he is with the fans, Ziggler in my opinion is one of the best in the WWE at the moment and he has held the US belt for a long time, he will lose this match thanks to a John Cena interference. Ryder will be the US champ at least until WM and Ziggler will pursue the WWE title, my only concern would be who he would fued with in January because there are many heels on Raw but only two faces, CM Punk and John Cena.

Triple H Vs Kevin Nash: Im a massive HHH fan and have been since the DX days, however i must say this storyline which had a lot of potential really doesnt interest me. A sledgehammer above the ring? REALLY? Normally you could find one under the ring, its a silly stipulation like having a chair above the ring which only the person who gets it can use! I think Triple H will get the hammer and thus make it legal for him to use, but i get the feeling Nash will still use it and be DQed, keeping the fued going til RR. As boring as it is, its too early to end it and i dont see what the story has done for either person!? There must be some final goal to this fued which i must be too blind to see!

Mark Henry Vs Big Show: As i said before, the winner of the Barrett/Orton match will determine who wins this, i cant see Orton winning, therefore putting himself in the title picture and then fueding with Big Show because of the Face vs Face dilemma, same goes for Barrett/Henry. Im not a massive fan of either of these two, but il give credit where its due, its been a good rivally and the storyline has been pretty intriguing. I think Henry will win and that will be Big Shows last shot at the title for a while.

CM Punk Vs The Miz Vs Alberto Del Rio: Some people have been saying this is a tough one to call but for me it has to be CM Punk that walks away with this one. He has only just won the title, he is going to make it interesting again, so there is no way they will take it from him already. They did that in the summer, he had a short reign and Del Rio ruined everything Punk had done. Punk to keep the belt, Jericho to return on 2nd jan 2012 and then this rivally will go on to WM. I think they will have a match at RR, Punk will win and the at Elimination Chamber Jericho will somehow screw Punk, perhaps after being eliminated and Cena will win! Queue WM, The Rock Vs Cena WWE Title and Y2J Vs Punk!

I TOLD THE WWE TO SLOW THE MOTHERFRICKEN CRAP DOWN!!!!

What the hell is going on! THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I SAID TO DE-PUSH BRYAN B/C I KNEW THEY WOULD PULL THIS CRAP.

And they managed to make it worse that I anticipated. So what now? You had the big show who is riding a legends wave of popularity, finaly ready to win the championship, and they have Bryan take it in that way? THAT WAY? Are you kidding me? That is the start of the end for Bryan. And he celibrated while mocking Cole? After winning in a cheaper way than Cole has EVER done?

Oh My... where does his championship run go from here? And WHAT possible booking scence can the WWE come up with considering the winners at TLC? WTF!!!

The only thing that makes scence is to have Cody Rhodes challenge him... and MY GOD I SWEAR IF THEY DO THAT... they will ruin TWO motherfricking carrers!!! Cody is not ready for that!!!

Will you guys listen to me now?????

NO, what shouldve happened was henry should have retained, and they shoulda had bryan cash it in at WM, WWE creative has NO idea what theyre doing, i know Vince prolly changes their plans alot, but something has got to give!

WWE Tables, Ladders & Chairs - December 18, 2011

1. Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder for the WWE United States Championship - This was a hell of an opening match, possibly the best opening match I’ve personally seen in a WWE ppv for a long while. Great back and forth action throughout with a hot crowd and a bunch of great near falls. I think everyone could sense that the title was probably going to change here but Ziggler got some great near falls, including when he hit Zig Zag, as to create just enough doubt to really get this match. I think we were expecting just a good solid match but both men worked really hard and made the match better than I think most were expecting. In the end, Ryder does hit the Rough Ryder finisher at the 10.5 minute mark to win the United States Championship. Great show of emotion from Ryder and, again, the crowd was white hot for the guy. ***1/4

2. Air Boom vs. Epico & Primo for the WWE Tag Team Championship - I’d read a report last night that this match might be added to the card. All in all, a solid match and one that I was pleasantly surprised by. I figured that, if this match did take place, that Kofi & Bourne would drop the titles as it just seems like Bourne would be punished more for his WP violation. There was some good action and the crowd was more into this match than I figured they would be. There was no real build here, just a couple of good teams going at it. Some nice high spots from Air Boom and Epico & Primo looked good as well, they didn’t look like they were outclassed. Surprisingly, Air Boom retained here, pleasantly surprised I might add, after Kofi lands Trouble in Paradise. Not a barn burner of a match, but a solid effort and good work from all involved, especially when you look at this match just being added on. **1/4

Backstage Segment - This was awful, just a really awful backstage segment featuring Teddy Long & Hornswoggle. The attempts at humor here were truly awful and even a joke on Ebonics. This had the kind of humor all over it that Vince McMahon likes, which is terrible. Thumbs Down

3. Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett in a Tables Match - Good effort that I thought made good use of the table stipulation. The match only went to the 10.5 minute mark so it didn’t have really an epic sort of feel about it, but it was still a match in which both wrestlers looked strong. The most important thing that needed to come out was Wade Barrett not looking like a chump against Orton and WWE was able to accomplish that. The ending comes when Barrett is going to jump off the second rope and put Orton through a table. Orton catches him with an RKO, however, for the win. Orton gets a win here, but it’s a win that doesn’t involve Barrett getting pinned. As I alluded to earlier, Barrett looked on equal footing with Orton through the match, Orton just happened to outmaneuver him at the last moment. **3/4

4. Beth Phoenix vs. Kelly Kelly for the WWE Divas Championship - Overall, a well above average effort for a Diva match. It’s not like that’d be hard to do, but Beth Phoenix controlled most of the match and Kelly Kelly did a good job of selling Beth’s moves with her screams and facial expressions. The end comes at the 5 minute mark with Beth hitting Kelly in a kind of modified Electric Chair/Flapjack kind of move to retain the title. *1/4

5. Triple H vs. Kevin Nash in a sledgehammer Ladder Match - I thought this was a really good effort from both guys. Of course, some are going to hate this match because they weren’t moving at a pace of 90 miles an hour. I thought that the two made good use of the ladder, using it as a weapon, without a ton of high spots. It wasn’t a fantastic ladder match but, in all honesty, I thought these two put out a good effort and gave a solid performance. By the end of the match, both of them looked like they were pretty out of it so they were either selling extremely well, whether Nash was really showing his age or maybe some combination of the two. I went into the match sort of cringing that it was gonna be horrible but, honestly, it wasn’t. It wasn’t a classic either but considering the type of match this is and who is involved, I appreciate the effort that was put into it. Trips gets the win at the 18 minute mark and leaves Nash laying after hitting him with the sledgehammer. **1/2

6. Sheamus vs. Jack Swagger - Decent enough match overall, but it’s not as if this wasn’t something that we couldn’t or really haven’t seen on SD! at an any given time. Swagger got in some good offense and gave Shamus a competitive match for a while but, ultimately, Sheamus is able to land the Brogue Kick for the win at the 6 minute mark. *1/2

7. Mark Henry vs. The Big Show in a Chairs Match for the World Heavyweight Championship - I was disappointed here. Since Henry has become champion, this is really the first match I’ve seen him in where I was a little disappointed. At the same time, however, I’ve read reports that Henry suffered a badly pulled goin that originated from his match with John Cena this past Monday on Raw. The match only went for about 6 minutes, but the match did tell a decent story. Both guys used the chairs some, with Henry doing the logical thing by going after Show’s hand. Eventually, however, Show is able to hit the WMD for the win and became the new WHC. *1/2

Daniel Bryan - As Show is laying there, however, her comes Daniel Bryan and Bryan cashes in his MITB contract and wins the title. The internet will probably break down due to this. As with other attempts at cashing in MITB, this one caught everyone a little off guard. There was a small “Daniel Bryan” chant after the Henry vs. Show match, but I didn’t expect Bryan to cash it in. Bryan is the new World Heavyweight Champion. I’m feeling mixed emotions on this. On one hand, it’s cool that Daniel Bryan has had this moment. He’s won a World Championship in WWE and that’s something a lot of people never believed would happen when it was announced that he was coming to WWE. On the other hand, it makes me wonder if the WWE did this to give Bryan his moment and give him a brief run as they’re not sure about putting him in the title picture come WrestleMania and that’d be a huge shame. People will be debating this all week I’m sure and I’m ultimately not sure where I stand. How they follow things up, of course, will say a lot. First instinct, I think a lot of people will be expecting a repeat of what we saw with Jack Swagger and, unfortunately, that‘s a possibility. Bryan‘s win comes just a few days after cleanly losing to the reigning Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes. Not sure what to ultimately make of this, but it‘s a cool moment that‘s going to keep people interested for a while. Also, there’s the peeve I’ve got of the sudden change of titles. Show won the title from Henry then loses it not 30 seconds later to Bryan. It just pisses me off to see titles used in that sense. Just have Henry retain the damn thing and then allow Bryan to cash in. Thumbs In The Middle

8. Cody Rhodes vs. Booker T for the WWE Intercontinental Championship - Pretty much what I expected it to be, which is a good solid outing from both guys. It was a good heel victory for Cody Rhodes as there were a couple of backstage segments shown in the show where Booker T was attacked. It gave Booker an out for losing the match tonight, it puts heat on Cody and it gives WWE an opportunity to keep this feud going a little longer. The crowd was pretty hot for this match but it seemed like they were still reeling from the shock of the unexpected title change. As Booker does the Spin-A-Roonie, he sells the effects of Cody’s earlier attacks. Cody winds up hitting a scissor kick of his own to get the win at the 7.5 minute mark. Booker showed that he can still go inside the ring and Cody got a “respectable” heel victory. **1/2

9. CM Punk vs. The Miz vs. Alberto Del Rio in a TLC match for the WWE Championship - This match was just flat out, friggin’ awesome. Great action, great storytelling went on throughout the match. The WWE toned down on the dangerous high spots in this match but they made up for it, in my view, with much better storytelling than you typically see in this sort of environment. The spot of the night goes to Ricardo Rodriguez. He took one helluva bump, a scary looking one too, so I hope Vince gives him a nice bonus for it. The stuff with Miz handcuffing Punk to the turnbuckle was a great touch. It just added to the story of Punk being a tenacious guy that will do anything to hold onto his title. In the end, Punk does manage to scale the ladder and retain the WWE Championship at the 18 minute mark. This was the match of the night and ultimately stole the show. ***3/4

Final Thoughts - Definitely something of a roller coaster for the WWE to close the year out as far as ppvs go. There was a lot of good wrestling on the show, though I did think the unannounced additions to the card hurt the show some. After all, Sheamus vs. Swagger was hardly necessary and it was the 3rd match that was just added to the card. Ziggler vs. Ryder was a damn good match that exceeded expectations. It was also nice to see Air Boom retain the tag titles. The Diva match was nothing special and while Orton vs. Barrett wasn't exactly epic, it was still a really solid match that ultimately still made Wade Barrett look good. Despite the doubts many had, I thought Triple H & Nash pulled off a solid match. I would have much rather had Ziggler & Ryder had the ladder match, but Trips & Nash did both work really hard to deliver here and while it wasn't a classic, it was a good brawl. Henry vs. Show was a disappointment but Henry was working with a badly pulled groin from what I understand. Daniel Bryan cashing in MITB to beat Show seconds after Show won was definitely a surprise. I don't know how I feel about this ultimately. It was a cool moment that the crowd loved, but I think we're all a little worried of maybe another Jack Swagger type of run here. As for the main event, it definitely delivered. Best match of the night and I think one of the best matches of the year. It was a noteworthy show that, in my view, didn't suffer one bit for the lack of John Cena not being on it.

Grade: B

I found the TLC to be a really solid show. It could have been better if it received better build-up, but hell I'm not complaining.

Comment corner:
Henry's clean loss to Big Show. I was surprised(Not pleasantly) that he didn't kick out. I doubted the WWE would take the strap off Henry because his recent run really turned him into a monster thus making an upcoming star(i.e. Sheamus, Bryan) over the top if they beat him but I guess I was wrong as they have Show win. Then comes Bryan's cash-in. I have no problem with Bryan cashing in however, I think that it would have been better to avoid the unnecessary title change with Big Show just to drop it seconds later to Bryan. Plus, Bryan's win would have gotten a bigger reaction have he pinned Henry, a heel.

Whether or not Bryan ends up having a Swagger-esque run here doesn't affect my thoughts on this particular segment of the pay per view: Disappointment in Henry's clean loss, more disappointment in the fact that two title changes occurred in an instant. Have it been Henry who was pinned, I wouldn't have the problem w/ this segment.

EDIT: I just read at a certain site that Henry was legitimately hurt. I feel for the guy, this was supposed to be his solid last run. Too bad. With a better understanding of the situation, I guess I don't feel disappointed as I was earlier.

The show was solid! The main event was awesome though! Nice spots and a brutal slugfest from punk, miz, and del rio. I give them props! One hell of a main event! & to top it off...no cena! Hopefully the ppv buyrates do good showing that WWE doesn't need to feature Cena all the time to bring them buyrates.

I couldnt have cared less about the divas match, tag match, hhh match, and sheamus match. I was really excited about the TLC match, IC match, tables match, US, and chairs match.

TLC WWE Championship: Better match then I had expected. We all knew Punk would retain, but there were a few occasions that I thought he was going to lose. Him being handcuffed to the ladder was obvious that he was going to get out. The second handcuff I thought he was fucked and we were heading for another stupid decision from WWE creative. If this match had proper build up it would have been better than what it was.

IC title- I was hoping for a better match, and it would have been had WWE not wasted PPV time on Swagger, the Divas, and the tag match. Solid match given what they had to work with, and I think that the end result sets up really well. If this was the end of the feud, then this is big for Cody's career as a heel. He took out America's favorite announcer and the crowd reaction at the end of the match said it all. I expect Cody to get even more heat than he already has been from the fans.

Table match- Thought this was a real good match until the end. Barret had a strong showing and should be put in the WHC picture in the coming months. There were multiple times that I thought either one of them were going through the table which was exciting, but then they went with the most predictable route possible with the RKO off the rope. It's been done before. The match should of ended with Barret hitting the wasteland on the outside of the ring like it looked like was going to happen at the one point. I just hate how Orton always seems to win, and if he loses, there are outside circumstances. God forbid Barret be given a credible win over Orton.

US- started slow, picked up in the last 3 mins or so. Great energy. Happy with the outcome for both superstars because Ryder deserves it and Ziggler is close to main event status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back