• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE TLC 2010 - LayCool vs Nattie and Beth - Tag Team Tables Match

mrbrownstone

Fucking Hostile

Divas Champion Natalya & Beth Phoenix would like nothing better than to teach Michelle McCool & Layla some manners. And at WWE TLC, they will try and “set the table,” against Team Lay-Cool in the first-ever Divas Tag Team Tables Match.

The reign of self-professed “Co-Divas Champions” Michele & Layla came to a sudden halt at Survivor Series, when third-generation Diva Natalya captured the Butterfly Title in a 2-on-1 Handicap Match, making Michelle tap-out with the Sharpshooter. When the “flawless” duo attacked the new champion after the match, Beth Phoenix surprised the WWE Universe, reemerging from an injury that Lay-Cool caused several months ago to clean house. The Glamazon exploded onto the scene, taking out both members of Team Lay-Cool before helping Natalya celebrate her history-making new title reign.

For the next few weeks Beth Phoenix continued to be a thorn in the side of the former champions on SmackDown, taking them out as they were mocking Hornswoggle and stopping Michelle’s interference as Layla took on Natalya.

But business was about to pick up for Lay-Cool just days before WWE TLC. One-half of SmackDown's resident "Mean Girls," the ornery Michelle McCool, eliminated Natalya in the Diva Battle Royal – netting she and her conceited cohort Layla not only the Slammy for Diva of the Year, but also the opportunity to inflict damage on the blonde beauties in the first-ever table encounter of its kind.

Will Divas Champion Natalya and her best friend The Glamazon leave splinters in Team Flawless, or will the Michelle McCool & Layla have the last laugh?

Find out at WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs, live this Sunday at 8/7 CT, only on pay-per-view.

To be perfectly honest I don't really care but someone needed to make a thread for this match so I decided it may as well be me. Umm.. this could be OK I guess, LayCool have been the best thing to happen to the division in a good while and the return of Beth was pretty cool, Nattie as champ is also pretty cool. This actually could be a decent match, Michelle, Nattie and Beth are pretty good as far as women's wrestlers go and a tables match is always a fun stipulation.

As for a winner probably Beth and Nattie. Beth has just returned and needs to be re built up and made to look dominant and Nattie is champ so it would be stupid to have her lose. Plus they are both pretty big and intimidating as far as Divas go so you wouldnt think it would take too much effort for them to put LayCool through a table.

So..
Who do you think will win?
Who will go through a table?
Will anyone care?

GlamSlam through a table please. That is all I am looking forward to. I hope it's Michelle, she pisses me off.

Yes, finally. Something with Divas that can actually do something. Probably the four best Divas currently in the WWE. I've always dreamed of teaming Nattie and Beth together. They remind me so much of each other. Lay-Cool being great heels here. The type that scream and run eveytime they get a booboo and that will make this a perfect match. A Table's Divas match. Who else in the WWE besides these four could possibly be in this match. I, for one, am looking forward to this match. I, like always, will go ahead and pull for LayCool to pull away with the victory. However, someones getting Glam Slammed through the table.

Interesting match, I would say 3 of the best divas in the WWE are in this match. (Melina and Gail Kim are still considered good in my opinion, better than Layla). I'm hoping LayCool loses, this could set up a feud between Phoenix-Natayla. LayCool is starting to run its course, and it's time to see something new now. I'm actually surprised they lasted this long, would like to see some new people in the title picture too. Can Gail Kim get a friggen world title shot? I mean, for crying out loud, she hasn't even had one shot at the championship on a PPV.

My money is on laycool winning. I would like to see more of melina and gail kim. Can they have some mic time please? I can see Melina costing the match or Beth slamming Natalya through the table.

I agree with Ace333, i see this almost being a squash match considering all the other high profile matches on the card. 5min's tops. I definately see Beth and Natalya winning, but Beth turning on Natalya to make it known she wants a shot at the Divas title.

This could be an interesting match. Whether you like women's wrestling or not, all four of these women are pretty good inside the ring. Besides, how often do you get to see a woman in the WWE get put through a table? It should be interesting for a nice, cheap little fun moment if nothing else.

I look for Natalya & Beth Phoenix to come out as the winners here...and then I wouldn't be surprised to see Beth turn on Natalya.

I would actually like to see Natalya pull a Bush with a pre-emptive strike on Beth. Justification being paranoia about Beth being out to get her title. Natalya heel turn. We see it sometimes, when the face champion turns in order to keep their title, and they'd do what it takes even if it means pissing the fans off. So she plays cat and mouse w/ Beth for a few months and continuously sabotages her matches and denies her a title shot (until WrestleMania of course). And in the meantime you guys can have ur Melina and Gail Kim title shots, taking advantage of Beth being railroaded and sabotaged by LayCool and Natalya.

From a storyline standpoint, the good guys should be winning this, but I don't think they will, for one reason: Physiologically, I can't see either Michelle or Layla going through a table. They just don't have the bodies to have WWE risk that sort of thing. Also, I don't think Natalya is strong enough to execute the throw that would put them safely through the table. Randy Orton, for instance, did his best to protect David Arquette last night, executing the throw perfectly so that Arquette's back was flat against the table and that he didn't bang his head when he hit. I doubt that Natalya has the power to bring it off.

Beth? Maybe she's strong enough, but it's a risk. If the faces are to win this, the only scenario I could see is Beth putting Layla through the table. Layla is smaller than Michelle, but more solid. I can't see Michelle being the one to take the fall.....no way. Too skinny.

Conversely, if you have to have a woman take a table shot, either Beth or Natalya could probably handle it better than any of the other divas.

The good guys lose this one.

Mustang Sally brings up a very decent point. it might be too risky to put one of LayCool thru a table.

plus, lest we forget, LayCool just won a battle royal for the co-Diva of the Year Slammy Award, so maybe WWE will keep that momentum going and have the heels win here. not that LayCool needs any more momentum. but still, it is a thought.

i'm guessing a run-in for the conclusion. as another poster said, this particular title picture has been a little stale for a while as LayCool has dominated it. so it needs to be freshened up and it wouldn't make sense to have a face Natalya defend against a face Phoenix.

so maybe a run-in by Melina or Gail Kim to put Phoenix or Natalya thru a table and try to earn a title shot that way.

the way you could do it is like this: Melina puts Natalya thru a table. this allows Natalya to defend against Melina while Phoenix can feud with LayCool still. after some time when Melina wins the title, Phoenix can re-enter the title picture and feud with Melina. just some food for thought...

I'm going with Ace333 on this one. I'm thinking that in one way or another...this match will lead to a feud between Beth Phoenix and Natalya....but as far as this specific match goes...I see Beth and Natalya taking this match...looking at all 4 women in this match..to me it is much more believeable to see Beth and Natalya putting Lay-Cool through tables rather than the other way around.

My memory is a bit rusty. Do both members of the same team have to be put through a table or just as soon as one person is, the match is over? It's obviously not elimination style so we won't see it go handicap, but I just couldn't remember if it was one or two people that need to get tabled.

My memory is a bit rusty. Do both members of the same team have to be put through a table or just as soon as one person is, the match is over? It's obviously not elimination style so we won't see it go handicap, but I just couldn't remember if it was one or two people that need to get tabled.

it's been done different ways... in fact, by the same team on the same pay per view.

for example:

Royal Rumble 2000. Dudley Boyz vs. Hardy Boyz. Dudley Boyz lost but both members of each team had to be put thru the table lose. so there's that example.

Royal Rumble 2004. Dudley Boyz vs. Ric Flair & Batista. Dudley Boyz lost this title match when Batista put D-Von thru the table. D-Von was the only person to go thru the table, but it was enough to lose the match.

so that said, it just depends on the pre-match stipulations. i'd suggest that this match would be determined based upon the first person to go thru a table, but i've not heard one way or the other.

I'm very excited for this match. I care a lot about women's wrestling and I will probably mark out for this match no matter what happens.

This match has all the potential in the world when it comes to talking about the Divas. We have 4 of the best Divas in WWE in a tables match. Could it get any better?

Let's not forgot, there could be plenty of twists added to this match. There are three inparticular that stand out to me and have been mentioned before, either having Beth turn on Natalya, Natalya turn on Beth, or Melina cost the faces the title. I really wouldn't mind seeing a run-in by Melina. Let me explain why...

The match is about halfway over, and Melina's music hits and she comes down to the ring. She stands ring-side and looks as if she's cheering for Beth and Nattie. So the match continues, and after a while, the faces have the upper-hand. Nattie gets one of the members of Lay-Cool in a position to be thrown through the table, and here comes Melina! She slides in the ring, kicks Nattie in the back of the knee, throws Beth over the top rope, and gets Lay-Cool to their feet. Lay-Cool looks suprised, but throws Nattie through the table anyway. Match Over. Lay-Cool leaves to their music, happier than ever. Melina is still in the ring. She sets up another table, and throws Nattie through it. Then she gets the Divas title and poses in the ring with it. Making it clear that she wants the title. Melina leans over Nattie and yells in her face about how that is her title, then throws it on her. Then she leaves to her music with a smirk on her face.

Sits sets up two Divas fueds at once. We have Lay-Cool vs Beth on Smackdown! and the main fued, Nattie vs Melina on Raw. This could even mean that we could see two Divas matches on the next pay-per-view. After a while, we could see Beth vs Nattie. Beth could be mad about having Nattie costing them their match at TLC.

PLEASE WWE, DON'T MESS THIS ONE UP! DON'T GIVE US A CRAPPY FIVE MINUTE MATCH WHEN THIS COULD REALY HELP RE-BUILD YOUR DIVAS DIVISION!!!!

ithink this could make or break the whole division if ya ask me. either this will be a great match and actually springboard the women, or it will stink up the joint and kill any intrest it has at all. now weve never seen this before and i think if they pull off a good match, it may open the doors for new womens themed matches besides shitty lumberjill matches. if it sux, it will kill any hope the division has of gaining real intrest. as for who will win? im not sure who will get the nod. on paper nattie and beth should kill em, but you guys have brought up some good points which makes me doubt my opinion. alot of people talk of a run in, which could be melinas heel turn(shes worked shows recently as a heel), or to take something from another thread, it could be a runin from alosia which alot of people have been wondering about. imagine this kids, who else is big enough to put beth through a table? alot of factors come out here and i hope for a really good match that will father advance a dying division. personally i would love to see laycool get some some splinters

alot of people talk of a run in, which could be melinas heel turn(shes worked shows recently as a heel), or to take something from another thread, it could be a runin from alosia which alot of people have been wondering about. imagine this kids, who else is big enough to put beth through a table?

i must have missed this thread, but that would be pretty crazy awesome. don't get me wrong... the women's division in both companies (TNA and WWE) kinda sucks right now. and as a result, i hate watching these terrible matches.

but i've not always hated the division and the resulting feuds and matches. it used to be amazing with Lita, Trish, Victoria, Jazz, Gail Kim, Jaqueline, Molly, Chyna, Melina, Mickie, Luna, Ivory and even Sable to an extent.

i'm enjoying TNA a bit more with this feud between Tara and Mickie and have enjoyed the matches (Falls Count Anywhere and Cage Match) that they've put on in an extreme fashion.

i'd like to see WWE do this more to make the women actually look like credible athletes. they certainly have the talent. so if this Tables Match works and brings a bit of credibility to the division, i'd be interested to see Aloisa make a return. she'd be a great opponent for Beth Phoenix.

or what about Beth and Aloisa as a tag team to go against LayCool...? that'd be total domination, but it'd be so fun to watch.

Mustang Sally brings up a very decent point. it might be too risky to put one of LayCool thru a table.

plus, lest we forget, LayCool just won a battle royal for the co-Diva of the Year Slammy Award, so maybe WWE will keep that momentum going and have the heels win here. not that LayCool needs any more momentum. but still, it is a thought.

i'm guessing a run-in for the conclusion. as another poster said, this particular title picture has been a little stale for a while as LayCool has dominated it. so it needs to be freshened up and it wouldn't make sense to have a face Natalya defend against a face Phoenix.

so maybe a run-in by Melina or Gail Kim to put Phoenix or Natalya thru a table and try to earn a title shot that way.

the way you could do it is like this: Melina puts Natalya thru a table. this allows Natalya to defend against Melina while Phoenix can feud with LayCool still. after some time when Melina wins the title, Phoenix can re-enter the title picture and feud with Melina. just some food for thought...

Heh, you beat me to it. Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. This match on paper makes no sense. It accomplishes nothing for any 4 of the participants, and while it may just be fan service to see laycool go through a table they don't need a match to do it. Plus, as mentioned earlier, it's hard to imagine either michelle or layla going through a table without really hurting themselves.

So since this match seems to serve no purpose and the winners/losers makes no difference, the only thing I can imagine is that someone is turning heel and that is the whole point of this...so either beth (doesn't seem likely) or melina's outside interference (seems very likely).

This could be a good match, especially for 4 diva's who are the stand out of the division, they all work in the ring well and they all have good mic work, also this match is a first for the diva's and i hope to see the face's put the heel's through a table. WWE stepped it up with the diva's by putting these 4 in a tag team tornado tables match.

LayCool got their "moment" when they won two Slammy's, as well as the upper hand when they eliminated both Natalya and Beth in the Divas Battle Royal on the way to McCool winning Diva of the year.

And that's where it ends. Phoenix has just returned from injury, and aside from the battle royal, has yet to wrestle an actual match. Natalya is the champion, so she needs to remain strong in her first PPV match since winning the title.

LayCool may have more experience teaming together, but Beth and Natalya have the power and strength advantage to topple LayCool in this one. Hopefully this presents Natalya as a strong champion, and plants the seeds for a future Natalya/Beth feud. Beth and Nattie win this.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait....... In a PG rated WWE, a female is going to get put through a table?.... Like..... Guaranteed?

This PPV sounds like it's worth buying already.

For some reason i forsee Beth actually turning on Nattie as well.......

Can you honestly see Layla, who isn't exactly a hardened Diva like say Lita was (who went through a few tables in her career i point out) being Glamslammed through a table?

Or is it more likely that Nattie, the dungeon hardened survivor's gonna 'get wood' courtesy of the Glamazon, at a moment's notice?

Beth as a face doesn't really work for me, Nattie's fine (because as a heel she was always pulling that stupid smile and fake evil laugh that just plain sucks) and maybe, throwing Beth in the mix as the muscle behind LayCool for a while, only to smash them in later like at the Rumble or Mania, is what they're aiming for.......

Ya know, Beth helps LayCool win the strap back from Nattie, then says something like 'I only helped you, because i want the satisfaction, of taking it from you!' etc etc etc.......

Or maybe there'll just be a weak table spot after a half decent match, and be done with it.........

I'm looking forward to this. Natalya and Beth should win, because both of these women are on a roll right now, and I don't see any reason to end their momentum now. I don't think this one will be too physical. As far as quality goes, we'll probably see something slightly above your standard Diva's match here. The only shocking moment is going to be when someone goes through a table.

I think that this could be a decent match if given around maybe ten minutes but I think they will get less then 10 and that will hurt the quality of the match. I fully expect that Natayla and Beth to get the win here as they should. I don't know you will put who through the table If I had to guess I think Beth will give Layla a Glam Slam through the table.

Here we have the diva match. Once again the divas are my designated "go grab a snack from the fridge and then check facebook" match. I am thinking that Natalya and Beth get the win because it can lead into a heel turn by either girl so the two can give us a legit divas feud. LayCool better lose. I am SO sick of them right now. The match should be good by divas standards but will likely still suck.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Natalya and Beth Phoenix will defeat LayCool.

This actually has the potential to be a really good Diva's match (never though I'd say that). Beth & Nattie is basically a Diva's dream team and then you throw tables into the mix. The faces will probably win this match and I'm really looking forward to a member of LayCool getting glam-slammed through a table (it will probably be Layla).

This could actually be a decent match if they give it some time, but they won't...

Would like to see a LayCool win as i like them more than i do Beth and Natalya, but that's not going to happen.

My Prediction: Natalya puts Layla through a table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back