• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE telling 'non-essential' talent to not go to house shows?

Why shouldn't they? Assuming a big money unification match could generate a few extra PPV guys at one point, surely that's more money than has ever been generated by the big gold belt on the secondary tour. This being 2013, I honestly struggle with the concept that the prop belts draw anyone to house shows.

The slim possibility of a marginal increase in PPV buys for one night is what's best for business. Trust me, I didn't go to a second tier house show last weekend to see Alberto Del Rio defending the big gold belt. Nor did anyone I spoke to at that event. I went because the WWE brand is just that strong with or without the prop belts. Anecdotal, but I trust my gut here.

Im much more the other way' round. Seperate the shows fully, make your belts matter. Seperate them to the point were its nearly a territory system. Promote the shit out of/recap one show during the other show. they only meld on PPVs, but 99% of the time, never interact.

HOWEVER, I could be satisfied with your solution as well. We are in agreement that the current set up is downright lame. It would just pain me to see the big gold belt go.

I went to a house show yesterday and they put out a pretty shitty card. It was still fun, but they were definitely putting lesser talent out. We had Natayla vs. Brie Bella, Prime Time Players vs. Shield, Hawkings vs. Ryder, Fandango vs. Miz, RVD vs. Heath Slater, Ryback vs. Santino, Antonio Cesaro vs. Tyson Kidd, another match I don't remember, and the main event was Bryan vs. Ambrose. It was still a great time, but definitely a step down from other shows I've been to.

EDIT: Extra note, the reaction to Bryan was insane.

Natalya awesome. Too bad she was wrestling a Bella.
Rollins & Reigns awesome. I have no opinion on PTP.
Hawkins vs Ryder would have been awesome to me because I like both.
Fandango vs Miz Meh. Couldn't care less about that match.
RVD awesome. Too bad he was wrestling Slater.
Ryback vs Santino. Couldn't care less about that match.
Cesaro vs. Kidd probably would have been cool.
I bet Bryan vs Ambrose was a really good match.

Overall for a house show the card doesn't look too terrible. But I can see where it would also be a disappointment. I'm surprised they didn't work in any of the NXT guys. Plus neither world champion was there? That seems a little weird.

Yeah man, Triple H really made the gold belt matter on its inception, lose the fucking thing. You know its garbage if Jack fucking Swagger has held it.

Im much more the other way' round. Seperate the shows fully, make your belts matter. Seperate them to the point were its nearly a territory system. Promote the shit out of/recap one show during the other show. they only meld on PPVs, but 99% of the time, never interact.

HOWEVER, I could be satisfied with your solution as well. We are in agreement that the current set up is downright lame. It would just pain me to see the big gold belt go.
I like your solution as well. But given that we got to this point because of WWE's incapability to do the brand extension properly, I say we ought to do away with the big gold belt and make what money there is to be made off of a unification match. The brand extension has been over for a while. I'm surprised they haven't called it a day with the big gold belt.

Of course I'm not losing sleep over the issue either way. Some posters around here seem genuinely upset about what WWE has let that belt come to. I'm almost hoping they keep the belt around just so I can enjoy more of that.

Sami (I'll simply call him "Sami" in front of you) will undoubtedly be WWE Champion in the future, so you have nothing to worry about on that score.

As for Antonio Cesaro, I suspect he'll be left to wallow in obscurity beneath even that. Let it go, Sam(i).

Sami (I'll simply call him "Sami" in front of you) will undoubtedly be WWE Champion in the future, so you have nothing to worry about on that score.

As for Antonio Cesaro, I suspect he'll be left to wallow in obscurity beneath even that. Let it go, Sam(i).

*schoolgirl giggle*

Because if Cena isn't at house shows, people don't go to them.

But you do realize that Cena is getting paid for every house show apparence? And he is getting paid way more than any other wrestler for those apparences...we don't know how much...it's probably a big percentage of the cost to put on a house show (feat Cena).

But you do realize that Cena is getting paid for every house show apparence? And he is getting paid way more than any other wrestler for those apparences...we don't know how much...it's probably a big percentage of the cost to put on a house show (feat Cena).

And you're basing this all on what, exactly?

Back in the Hogan days, wrestlers working the Hogan shows would thank Hogan for drawing more fans in and putting more money on their family's table.

I'm sure it's the same with Cena. He makes more because he's worth every penny.

What am I basing this on? Bret Hart's book and common sense.

And you're basing this all on what, exactly?

This is how WWF/WWE-contracts have always been. It's talked about in every wcw book and documentary (because WCW choose guaranteed contracts instead of the WWF-model).

Ravens WWF contract was published online and he had that kind of deal. It was stated in his contract that the talent is paid based on their place on each Raw/Smackdown card and each house show card.

I bet Cena has a clause in his contract that gives him a bonus for every apparence as he is so crucial for selling tickets.

This is how WWF/WWE-contracts have always been. It's talked about in every wcw book and documentary (because WCW choose guaranteed contracts instead of the WWF-model).

Ravens WWF contract was published online and he had that kind of deal. It was stated in his contract that the talent is paid based on their place on each Raw/Smackdown card and each house show card.

I bet Cena has a clause in his contract that gives him a bonus for every apparence as he is so crucial for selling tickets.

You're making shit up. Cena is gone, so numbers at live events will go down, which forces them to have to cut talent out of them. They're just saving money. Your scenario doesn't make any sense.

You're making shit up. Cena is gone, so numbers at live events will go down, which forces them to have to cut talent out of them. They're just saving money. Your scenario doesn't make any sense.

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm making sense here.

Don't you think Hogan got more money for every house show apparence than any other wrestlers while in wwf/wcw? Why would it be any different with Cena. He is the top talent and the top draw in WWE. They save a ton of money on every house show that Cena can't appear on. Then they lose money because ticket sales are down.

Logic abc, 123 hellllloooooo?

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm making sense here.

Don't you think Hogan got more money for every house show apparence than any other wrestlers while in wwf/wcw? Why would it be any different with Cena. He is the top talent and the top draw in WWE. They save a ton of money on every house show that Cena can't appear on. Then they lose money because ticket sales are down.

Logic abc, 123 hellllloooooo?

You seriously think they're saving more money than they're losing simply because Cena is gone, and not because of the ticket sales?

Are you mental?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back