• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Survivor Series 2011 - John Cena & The Rock vs. Awesome Truth

I personally would like to see Awesome Truth win this match. That would be a mega push if they were able to defeat Cena and The Rock. I also sense a heel turn from Cena. Hopefully WWE doesn't drop the ball. Again.

Prediction: Awesome Truth def. Cena and The Rock

This is my view on this epic match that we are going to see this Sunday:

Awesome Truth is going to need a win from this match. They will get a major push if/when they do win. Cena and Rock do not need to win because they will gain NOTHING from a win here. We will see a non-cooperating team of Cena and Rock and that will cost them the match. There are 3 possibilities that I think will happen:

1. Cena walks out on Rock and it becomes a 2 on 1 match. (Cena still can be a face for doing this, but it all depends on how they continue the storyline from there)
2. Rock walks out on Cena because he can. Miz and Truth pick up the win.
3. Cena turns heel by AA'ing Rock on the mat and lets Miz get the pin. After the match, Cena tells Awesome Truth to leave and Cena cuts his first heel promo. Then, after the promo he gets a chair and starts hitting Rock with it continually until security comes in and stops Cena. (1 in a billion chances this will happen, but it was fun to type XP)

Now, here is the only possibility that Rock and Cena win: They actually work together throughout the whole match, without any complications. Cena hits the AA on Truth and Rock tags Cena and Rock gets the pin. They have a staredown at the end. (YAWN)

I personally would like to see Awesome Truth win this match. That would be a mega push if they were able to defeat Cena and The Rock. I also sense a heel turn from Cena. Hopefully WWE doesn't drop the ball. Again.

Prediction: Awesome Truth def. Cena and The Rock

I hope they don't drop the ball and turn him heel just so the people who love to boo him can love to cheer him either. It'd be very stupid of them if they turned him heel just to get an inverse reaction (adults cheering, kids booing) and making less money in merch.

I don't think Cena and rock lose this. I don't care though, it doesn't matter. Winning or losing isn't going to change how the crowd sees Awesome Truth, that's not how pro wrestling works, the crowd doesn't go "well let's take a look at the ol win loss record to see who we like..." they say "fuck this guy he's a douche" or "I like this guy he kicks ass". It's a show, not a sport.

Should be an amazing match with an insane crowd. All four guys know how to work an audience and MSG is always nuts.

Most people are worrying about what will happen after the match then the match quality itself.I think tonight Cena will turn heel, after Cena and Rocky win the match..

Another ending to this is the typical RAW ending, which is Cena just gives the AA to Miz and R-Truth even after they win. That would be the worst way to end this pay per view in my mind, and I am sure a lot of people's mind. But it wouldn't surprise me if this happened.

Another ending to this is the typical RAW ending, which is Cena just gives the AA to Miz and R-Truth even after they win. That would be the worst way to end this pay per view in my mind, and I am sure a lot of people's mind. But it wouldn't surprise me if this happened.

this is pretty much the safest route to go. i'd like to think that the E would kick it up a notch and at least have some controversy to the match itself. Cena doesn't have to go full-out heel, but he can easily do something that makes people question whether or not he has legitimately turned.

Having him do the Super-Cena shaking Rock's hand at the end is the last thing I want to see, but it's the one I am predicting the most.

i definitely dont see cena going heel tonight, it's just not gonna happen
but at the same time things can't end well between rock and cena, and thats the most important thing. even if they stick it out the whole match and win, one of them has to attack the other after.

the Rock at survivor series was a great idea until WWE made it cena and the Rock versus Awesome truth what i suggested was a5 on 5 survivor series kind of match team cena versus team rock.this would have boosted the popularity of the wrestlemania match and get more viewers at survivor series

I hope they don't drop the ball and turn him heel just so the people who love to boo him can love to cheer him either. It'd be very stupid of them if they turned him heel just to get an inverse reaction (adults cheering, kids booing) and making less money in merch.

I don't think Cena and rock lose this. I don't care though, it doesn't matter. Winning or losing isn't going to change how the crowd sees Awesome Truth, that's not how pro wrestling works, the crowd doesn't go "well let's take a look at the ol win loss record to see who we like..." they say "fuck this guy he's a douche" or "I like this guy he kicks ass". It's a show, not a sport.

Should be an amazing match with an insane crowd. All four guys know how to work an audience and MSG is always nuts.

Cena turning heel is a need at this point. His character is stale, he needs to be the heel come Rock vs. Cena at Wrestlemania 28, and Awesome Truth NEEDS the win here. If they lose, then it was all for nothing except to make Rock and Cena look good. Cena is no longer #1 in the merch sales. Turn him, and get more adults to buy his merch because we all know that not many kids are buying CM Punk merch.

At first, the idea of The Rock returning to the ring at Survivor Series sounded kind of weird to me, because I thought WWE would save Rock's in-ring return for Wrestlemania 28, but I will still enjoy this match regardless. I've enjoyed every second of The Rock's return, and the final segment on Raw this past Monday was just great. You could really feel the tension between Rock and Cena, as they traded insults, and Rock's stolen Rock bottom on The Miz was a nice touch. I'm sure these two won't be able to trust each other during the match tonight, and there should be a good amount of tense moments between these two. I DON'T think the long awaited Cena heel turn will happen tonight, but there is a chance Rock could turn his back on Cena. Rock is more cocky and flashy, and turning on Cena just seems like something he would do here. Plus, if he does turn on Cena during the match, the MSG crowd will probably cheer him anyway.

I'm really looking forward to this match, and Rock should receive an insane reaction from the MSG crowd. The crowd atmosphere during this match should be unreal, and both teams could deliver a very solid match here. I'm picking Awesome Truth as the winning team, because I can't see Cena and Rock working well together, and tensions should flare during this match.

Am I the only one who thought that Rock was waiting for Cena to turn? It seemed like Cena had a choice on whether he would turn heel or not. I have a feeling that tomorrow night he will give a heelish promo on being sick and tired of being booed out of arenas everynight. He will talk shit about Rock and he might actually turn heel tomorrow night.

I have been wrong on many of my predictions, but I have a gut feeling that Cena will turn tomorrow on Monday Night Raw, IF if if if if if The Rock is there.

Maybe this has been discussed in another thread but I figured this would be appropriate place for it.

Am I losing my mind or did they not introduce this match? Everyone came down to the ring to their music then when they were all in the ring, the bell rang, no announcements of who the participants were, weights, where they are billed from, etc.

Isn't that strange for a main event? It's almost like the previous match went too long and they were really short on time.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back