• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Summerslam 2015 card

That N Word

Actively evolving
OP Note: My apologies if this thread has already been done.

This is the OFFICIAL prediction card thread for Summerslam 2015

(WWE WHC) Rollins vs Lesnar- Kane re-hires Brock as his final order of business and announces whoever wins at MITB between Seth and Roman will face him for the title at Summerslam.

Roman Reigns vs. Triple H (If Reigns wins The Authority must disband)- I would have this be a huge moment here. I would do something similar to when 3D put Dixie through the table by having the whole roster come out to stop Triple H from running away. Reigns beats Triple H and everyone in the arena explodes and celebrates with him. Cena get's in the ring and raises his hand. Triple H get's up and pushes Cena and then Reigns before smiling and shaking his hand.

The feud will start by Triple H costing Reigns the world title at MITB, and Reigns continues to attack and take out every member of The Authority until Triple H has no where to run and accepts the challenge. At Battleground, they have a contact signing.

(WWE US Title) John Cena vs Kevin Owens (c) I would have Owens accepts Cena's US Open Challenge on a the Raw after Battleground and win setting up this for Summerslam with Owens winning again and maybe even taking Cena out for a few months.

(NEW Legend Killer vs. Legend Match) Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton Randy is in a match with Sheamus for the IC Title at Battleground and Bray interrupts costing him the match and saying "there is a new legend killer in town and now he must kill the legend of Randy Orton.

(WWE IC Title) Sheamus (c) vs Neville vs King Barrett- Neville wins a #1 contenders match vs Ziggler, BNB cashes in his rematch clause he never got. I would have Neville get cost the match by Ziggler who turns heel out of frustation. Barrett turns face to feud with Sheamus the next night.

Rusev vs. Dolph Ziggler- This is just a filler so both man have something to do.

(WWE Diva's Title)Naomi (c) vs. Paige- Paige returns for revenge and wins the match.

(WWE Tag Titles) Cesaro/Kidd vs. Lucha Dragons vs New Day vs Uso's- Uso's returns as heel

(NEW Legend Killer vs. Legend Match) Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton Randy is in a match with Sheamus for the IC Title at Battleground and Bray interrupts costing him the match and saying "there is a new legend killer in town and now he must kill the legend of Randy Orton.

Well first of all I wouldn't call Bray Wyatt a legend. And secondly this notion of Wyatt interfering in matches has to stop, it's getting tiring. Isn't Wyall also calling himself the new Face of Fear? So are you suggesting that he now change his gimmick to "Legend Killer"?

I'm not a fan of Wyatt's and this might be the reason. His gimmick, which once was unique, has become irksome. Yes the man is great on the mic, but in the ring, he can't deliver.

Well first of all I wouldn't call Bray Wyatt a legend. And secondly this notion of Wyatt interfering in matches has to stop, it's getting tiring. Isn't Wyall also calling himself the new Face of Fear? So are you suggesting that he now change his gimmick to "Legend Killer"?

I'm not a fan of Wyatt's and this might be the reason. His gimmick, which once was unique, has become irksome. Yes the man is great on the mic, but in the ring, he can't deliver.

I never called him a legend. I said it would he would play the role of "The NEW legend killer." Basically trying to say that Randy is no longer the legend killer he has become one himself. He can also say his goal is to take out every legend (despite failing with Taker, he was successful with Jericho,and somewhat Cena.)

*Edit
Also I am not suggesting he change his character. I'm suggesting he use the storyline being that he wants to take another legends soul.

Yes the man is great on the mic, but in the ring, he can't deliver.

In what alternate dimension can Bray Wyatt not deliver in the ring? Did you miss his Royal Rumble '13 match with D Bryan? The entire feud with Cena? Granted, Wyatt comes up short more than he wins, but he absolutely can go in the ring. The running cross body he does looks like itcould legit knock the wind out of you.

I guess it's all down to taste, but Wyatt is one of the best in-ring performers in WWE (IMO).

In what alternate dimension can Bray Wyatt not deliver in the ring? Did you miss his Royal Rumble '13 match with D Bryan? The entire feud with Cena? Granted, Wyatt comes up short more than he wins, but he absolutely can go in the ring. The running cross body he does looks like itcould legit knock the wind out of you.

I guess it's all down to taste, but Wyatt is one of the best in-ring performers in WWE (IMO).

Bray Wyatt cannot deliver in the ring. No alternate dimension needed. Wyatt is a mediocre performer on his best night. He's had a few great matches, but only when he's paired with superior opponents. Wyatt is on the bottom 50% of ring workers on the roster today.

In my universe if there needs to be an answer given. I don't like the guy. Yes he's gold on the mic, one of the best. But even now that's become boring and repetitive. When he starts droning on about doing this and doing that I tune out, because it's the same shit all the time, always without an end game.

Don't think he's that fantastic in the ring either. Spends a lot of time on his knees, praying to whoever he prays too, and spends way to much time rolling out of the ring and walking around. The spider walk, once unique is not overused just like Wyatt's promo's.

WWE World Heavyweight Title:
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Brock Lesnar
Winner: Seth Rollins

Dean Ambrose vs. Triple H
Winner: Dean Ambrose

Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Roman Reigns
Reigns is a heel, if the latest reports are accurate (most likely not)

Divas Title:
Charlotte vs. Nikki Bella (c)
Winner: Charlotte

US Title:
Kevin Owens vs. John Cena (c)
Winner: Kevin Owens

WWE holds off the Money in the Bank rematch, maybe because Owens uses his NXT contract as a no compete clause. They push the feud along until SummerSlam where the US Title is on the line, which Owens again wins.

Stephen Amell vs. Stardust
Winner: Stephen Amell

IC Title:
Ryback (c) vs. Sheamus
Winner: Ryback

Due to changes, I've been hearing about and seeing in WWE...I expect the card to be like this!!!!

WWE World Heavyweight Championship-Seth Rollins (c) vs. Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns- Initially a one-on-one match, but right after Rollins and Lesnar make their entrance,Reigns makes his (ALA The Rock to Triple H back in the day.)

When he comes out he hands over the briefcase and pins Rollins to win the title. But he would do so as a heel (after costing Dean the title at MITB joining The Authority.

This would not only slowly begin a Rollins face turn and slowly begin to disband him from The Authority. It can leave Lesnar wanting revenge. I would have Rollins be screwed out his rematches by The Authority, who keeps being told no until he can proves he is "championship material." Eventually, Reigns would defeat Lesnar at HIAC,and Survivor Series. Rollins would get eventually cash in his rematch clause to make Ambrose (RR Winner) vs. Reigns (c) a triple threat match at WrestleMania.

Street Fight- Triple H vs Dean Ambrose- I would basically have Triple H begin to get even more heated with Ambrose to the point where he snaps and attacks him, has him "arrested" again and then "fired." Ambrose would keep showing up demanded Triple H to accept his challenge or else. Eventually, Ambrose get's Hunter to agree with the stip "If Ambrose wins The Authority is disbanned,If Triple H wins Ambrose is fired for good."
Ambrose goes over and moves on to feud with somebody else and then wins the RR and defeats Reigns and Rollins in the main event of WrestleMania to win the WWE WHC.

WWE US Title) John Cena (c) vs Kevin Owens- Round III, Owens wins the title.

WWE Intercontinental Championship Ryback (c) vs Sheamus- No offense but I have already given up on Ryback's run. I wanna see him bring back the "big guy, locker room bully" heel character. Make him as badass with the black and red vest again. But this feud is destined to happen and this would put both men in a sink or swim situation. Because if this feud fails and sucks, then I believe WWE will lose hope on these two. However,if it's a good feud expect WWE to want to push them in the future.

Big Show vs. Kane (Loser retires)- I'm 50/50 on this but I could see this still happening.

Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt (Legend vs. The NEW legend killer)-Bray Wyatt say's he has many names and he is the new face of fear. He say's but how can the new face of fear cement his self without taking out some of the old ones. He say's he is sick of these legends returning and getting the spotlight so he will take them out one-by-one. At MITB, he targets Orton and beats him down and takes him out. Orton returns the night after Battleground and beats down Wyatt. Maybe he can even sneak up while Wyatt is cutting a promo and "RKO" him "OUTTA NOWHERE" in Wyatt's dark room.

WWE Tag Team Championships- The Uso's (heel) /w/ Naomi and Tamina vs. Primetime Players (c)- PTP wins the tag titles from New Day at MITB, and then successfully retain at Battleground. The next night, they call an open challenge and The Uso's return and takes them out turning heel in the process. This could lead to a new Samoan Dynasty. Maybe, instead of Reigns joining The Authority he can lead this stable.

WWE Diva's Championship-Paige vs. Charlotte-I know, I know everyone keeps putting her on there as a wet dream. But considering, I haven't seen Charlotte on NXT as much lately and with reports of her debuting this year it could happen. I feel the night after Battleground will be a night to remember with returns of Uso's as heel and Orton (see above) and debut of Charlotte. Also with, Lesnar on the show as well.

Kickoff-
Dolph Ziggler /w/ Lana vs. Rusev
Cesaro/Kidd vs. Lucha Dragons vs. New Day (Winner gets future tag title shot.)

If anything what would be your SummerSlam 2015 card for NY/NJ considering this is the first time since 2008 that SummerSlam is not taking place in LA so with that being said what would be your match card?

WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Rollins vs Lesnar (c) w/Paul Heyman (Battleground Rematch; Rollins invokes Rematch clause)

Bray Wyatt vs Roman Reigns (Battleground Rematch; Reigns beats Wyatt at Battleground with the feud continuing into SummerSlam)

WWE United States Championship

Kevin Owens (c) vs John Cena (Battleground Rematch; Cena losing the title at Battleground to Owens with the Rematch clause being invoked at SummerSlam)

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Ryback (c) vs Rusev (Feud would be reignited with Rusev targeting the WWE Intercontinental Championship by attacking Ryback with Rusev showing up the night after Battleground on RAW)

WWE Divas Championship (Fatal 4-Way Match)

Nikki Bella (c) vs Paige vs Brie Bella vs Naomi w/Tamina Snuka

WWE Tag Team Championship

Prime Time Players (c) vs Ascension

Sheamus vs Randy Orton

SummerSlam Kick Off

20-Man Over The Top Rope Battle Royal to determine the next #1 Contender for the WWE United States Championship

Rollins vs. Lesnar (Rematch)

Wyatt vs. Reigns (Rubber Match)

John Cena vs. KO (Steel Cage Match)

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus (Rubber Match)

Ziggler/Lana vs. Rusev/Summer (Mixed-Tag Match)

Ryback vs. Neville (IC Title Match)

PTP vs. New Day vs. Luchas (Triangle Tag Match)

Kane vs. Big Show (Winner stays with Authority)

Paige vs. Nikki for the Diva's Title

Stardust vs. The Archer

WWE TITLE - Brock Lesnar (c) vs Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns

I am pretty certain Lesnar will be victorious but even if he isn't I see them making a triple threat match in the form of this 'Wrestlemania rewind'. It all makes sense from a storyline perspective and can keep Lesnar or Reigns looking strong by Rollins taking the fall.

IC TITLE - Dolph Ziggler vs Bray Wyatt

Now Ryback is injured the title will probably be vacated. I don't see Miz or Big Show sticking around in the title picture so a tournament on Raw with the final at Summerslam makes sense. Ziggler or Wyatt probably need a belt more than most.

US TITLE - Kevin Owens (c) vs Randy Orton

I think Owens will take the belt off Cena and I think Randy Orton would be a superb opponent and give this match some real credibility and meaning. Owens can come on top of this feud as well and really start to progress up the ladder,

TAG MATCH - Stardust & The Miz vs Stephen Amell & John Cena

I think seeing Amell in a match is pretty much guaranteed and the fact he is feuding with two superstars (albeit online) probably means that this will be a tag match which is a smart move for obvious reasons. Who better to team up with the Green Arrow than 'Super Cena'?

Based on last night it looks like -

Brock Lesnar vs Untertaker

Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt or Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper

Ryback vs The Miz vs Big Show - ideally on the pre show

I would be tempted to add these to the card
John Cena vs Sting
Seth Rollins vs Triple H
Prime Time Players vs Lucha Dragons vs New Day
Cesaro vs Orton vs Sheamus vs Owens (No.1 Contender)

With the events of last night there is no clear cut opponent for Rollins for the WWE Title. With Brock and Taker looking like a go and Reigns and Wyatt still going at it which may also include Sting and even Ambrose that doesn't leave much for the champ. They could recycle Orton and Rollins, but it just doesn't seem right to re-hash it for SummerSlam. That really leaves HHH as the only option which means they really need to start this thing right away because at the moment there isn't any sort of rift between Rollins and the authority.

Simple solution to not having an opponent for Rollins, add him into the Taker vs Brock match.

Rollins as a character would not want this or voluntarily add himself in. In fact, you can have Heyman come out and say Brock wants Taker etc etc but have him include in that Brock still did not get a fair shot at the title and he wants Rollins as well.

You can have Rollins shoot it down, say it won't happen and Brock isn't getting another chance.

Out comes HHH at some point to contradict Rollins and add him into the match and put the title on the line.

Thus begins the rift between Hunter and Rollins setting up for their feud post-SummerSlam.

Looks like we're going to get Super Cena vs Rollins and a 16th time
World title for John. Some things never change for Vince keeps asking
what's next for Cena.

Heres my "Summerslam 2015" match-card

Main Event
- Brock Lesnar VS The Undertaker
- Taker gets the win here which sets up another headliner with both winning 1 a piece.

Champion VS Champion Bout
- Seth Rollins VS John Cena
- Cena getting the win setting up a bout with Rollins at the next PPV. Will probably see Cena lose the title in the coming weeks tho, When is Sami Zayn back?

Tag-Team Bout
- Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper VS Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose
- Reigns gets Ambrose on board and heres a tag bout ready for SS. The Wyatt family getting the win here IMO.

Diva's Triple-Threat
- Team Bella VS Team B.A.D VS Team Flair (Charlotte, Paige & Becky)
- Team B.A.D getting the win with Sasha Banks getting the stripes here.

Singles Bout
- Dolph Ziggler w/Lana VS Rusev w/Summer-Rae
- Rusev destroying Ziggler leading to a wicked dual between the 2.

MITB Contract Match
- Sheamus VS Randy Orton
- The only way Orton accepts this match right? Can't see any other fued happening with these stars.

Tag-Team Titles
- PTP VS The New Day
- They need 1 title change, give New Day the titles than set them up with PTP and 2 other tag-teams in the next PPV.

Intercontinental Title
- Ryback VS The Miz VS Big Show
- The title match from Battleground that didn't happen opens the show with the Miz suprising everyone setting up a fued with him and Ryback.

Man, this main event picture sounds like it's fallen apart for SummerSlam, huh? Personally, if I may put on a fantasy booking hat for a moment, perhaps the WWE could do something unique in a triple threat contest, if the WWE Title picture cannibalizes the Owens/Cena feud.

World/United States Championship
Seth Rollins (c) vs John Cena (c) vs Kevin Owens

Now, to be clear, this is NOT a winner take all scenario. Standard triple threat rules apply, but whoever is pinned loses their championship. Consider the psychology for a moment;

-Kevin Owens in a 'nothing to lose' scenario.
-Seth Rollins and John Cena seek double championships, but as the match progresses, Rollins and Cena, trying to keep their own title, settle for trying to pin Owens.
-Rollins and Owens work Cena. Rollins hits a Pedigree, but is aware Owens could break up the pinfall. Rollins offers the United States championship on a silver platter, offering Owens to pin Cena. Does he take it, or does he risk a sure thing for a chance to leave WWE champ?

Probably too convoluted for WWE creative, but I'd enjoy that match, I suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back