WWE: Stretcher Match, The Rock vs. Kane

The Rock vs. Kane

• Rocky

• Kane

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm going to go with Rock here I think, but I could see it going to Kane. My vote could change between now and then, because Kane in his early days was almost unhurtable. When he lost to Taker, you can see him nearly beating a third tombstone. The Rock Bottom is a good mvoe, but it's not the tombstone from the Deadman. The more I think about it, the more I'm tempted to go with Kane. A big boot onto the stretcher a foot from the finish line and this is over. It's going to be a wild brawl, but I can't picture Rock losing as much as I want to.

My initial thoughts was this: The Rock had some great gimmick match wins, but often with the help of chairs, which would have little to no effect on Kane. Then I thought about how Kane would be too hard to keep down in a stretcher match.

Then I searched Youtue for Kane vs Rock matches, and The Rock pretty much wins every single one. As a result, I think the Rock would find a way here. The Stretcher match is often won by the less extreme fighter (Mysterio, Matt Hardy etc.), and is regularly won with more regular moves than huge chair spots and the like, so I think The Rock has it. Won't be gutted if Kane pulls it off though.

Kane takes my vote in this contest. If we're talking 'Primes' then Kane in his prime was the dominate, unstoppable monster that not even the Undertaker could keep down with 3 Tombstones. (his shoulder was up, I say!)

The Rock is one of the most, if not THE most resilient people I've seen in this business. He finds ways to come back and win, but not all the time. In fact, the Rock has lost more big time matches than he's won. He wins when the victory isn't as meaningful, or isn't on as big of a stage. He's 4-4 at Wrestlemania's, with 2 of those 4 victories coming against the Sultan & Ken Shamrock, which proves he can't win the bigger matches under huge pressure.

Kane, on the other hand, doesn't know pressure - he just knows forward, and destruction. And unlike in most situations where Rock can catch Kane in a quick roll-up, or a sudden Rock Bottom and a 3-count this match won't stop because of that type of suddenness that favors the Rock. You must beat your opponent down beyond his ability to get up off the stretcher before rolling beyond a yellow line.

Kane should take this one, after merely out-lasting the Rock and finding a way to use his "unstoppable" nature.

I think the Rock wins here, though I'm not entirely sure. The Rock has beaten Kane plenty of times, maybe not in a stretcher match, but his winning record must count for something. Someone also mentioned that the less extreme fighter often wins the match, and in this case, Rocky falls into that category. I think each combatant will spend some time on the stretcher, but in the end, Kane will be the one lying on it when it crosses the finish line. The Rock will just barely win this one.

A) The Rock, I don't think, has ever lost a straight match with Kane.

B) The Rock is able to use weapons which REALLY helps him here.

The gimmick here is strongly in favor of Kane. Kane loves hurting people. And I, as a Kane mark wouldn't mind if he won.

That being said, I am voting with logic instead of my heart, and going with The Rock. First of all, The Rock made Mick Foley quit, which is amazing. The Undertaker threw Mick off the top of a cell, and he came back for more. Fact is, The Rock has thrived in extreme conditions. No DQ matches, Hell in a Cell, cage matches, he has done well in them all.

Furthermore, Kane has never had what it takes to finish The Rock. He beat and beats on him, but the resilience of The Rock always won out.

What a terrible draw for kane, this is the type of match where Kane would be deliberately fed to an opponent. He has a habit of losing these types of matches, often at the last second, often due to interference or distraction. He lost a stretcher match to Edge at the last second due to a distraction by Lita that cost him. You could say that Rock tries to take Kane's mask off to distract him, but I also consider 2003- 2004 Kane to be one of his primes, so it nullifies the situation. Logic says Rock wins this match, he was far more consistent with winning big matches than Kane was, especially gimmick matches that utilized sudden quick attacks and speed. Kane will give Rock vicious beatdown, but Rock will find the way to pull off a victory at the very end.

Despite that, I'll be voting kane, because I've supporting him thus far through the tournament, but I won't be too shocked when Rock wins.

I was severely pissed when Kane got past Hennig, a much better wrestler. Yes, the gimmick doesn't particularly favour Rocky, but he's a smart guy. He'll find a way to outmaneuver Kane and you don't need to keep a guy down for particularly long to win a stretcher match. Rock marches on.

Sorry Kane. Even in your prime, you lose this one.

The Rock has gone through which superstars to get here? Justin Credible, Evan Bourne, and Arn Anderson. Ok.

Kane has gone through Frank Gotch, Nick Bockwinkle, and Curt Hennig.

Even if someone wanted to argue the monster angle, look at the wear and tear. Kane has had to go through 3 heavy hitters. The Rock has had to go through who? A former 4 Horsemen member, a up-and-coming but not even close to Main Eventing Evan Bourne, and a former 8 time Hardcore Champion? Right.

The Rock barely had to jog into this match, and Kane has to be gassed. The Rock takes this.

All of this is supposed to be taken into consideration, right? This is an excellent point. Kane has had a nice little run this year, but look at the guys he has beaten so far- he has to be worn down. There is no way that he is 100% for this match against the Rock. Kane's strength would be diminished and stamina would be weakened.

The Rock is coming with guns blazing and he's just a little bit crazy, too, in case anyone forgot. Care to revisit the old Rock v. Mankind fueds? I remember a specific match where Rock hit Foley over the head with a chair too many times to count.

A bloody battle, I'm sure. But at the end of the day, Kane leaves the ring on s stretcher and the Rock advances to the next round.

Kane should definitely win this, but like Ech, I won't be too surprised when he loses. He'd take a few shots from Rock early, and then turn it around, and start beating the crap out of him for a good 20 minutes. Strap him to the stretcher, and throw him across the stripe.

The only way Rock would win, is if Vince came out, and leveled Kane with a chair shot himself, about a foot before the line, to protect The Rock, and earn better ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back