Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
By now, we all know that wwe is going to honor their 10 years contract with the saudi governement, they even going to try to get the women's on the show which to me is at less then trying to not get control by the saudi gouverment and trying to change the situation.

But my question is more about how outrage are you about then still going to saudi arabia and also if you're not outrage, are you able to seperate the politics of the country and enjoyed the show for what it is,

For me, i'm not really outrage at this. It's just another show on the schedule and if the show is good, it's good, if it's bad it's bad but the politics of the country or what happens in the news won't affect my enjoyment of the show.

Ignoring the human rights violations (can we stop hiding behind the word "politics"?), this is a hard sell when the two shows they did put on were crap. Can't enjoy something that hasn't proved to be enjoyable.

Outraged has become such a nothing word lately too. I wouldn't say I feel "outraged". I would say I'm numb to WWE's business practices and with how many great shows and movies there are out there lately, I can skip over things that I think are missable. I don't want to waste my time on an event I know won't have a great impact on the shows going forward. So far, I've been proven right.

The Saudi shows are an uncomfortable time and there's no escaping that because, well, reality. Can we separate what's going on over there to enjoy the show? So far that question hasn't been tested. It's a moot point.

If WWE can affect social change in Saudi Arabia over the course of ten years, then surely no one can be outraged by the deal, as it works well for everyone involved.

From what I understand, the Crown Prince brokered the deal as part of a larger initiative to open up Saudi Arabia to the wider world; over the last decade, significant social change has taken place in KSA, under his watch. He is considerably more liberal than his ancestors, and clearly is having an effect. Women are now allowed to learn to drive, in 2012 female athletes represented KSA at the Olympics for the first time in London, and the country is slowly opening up to allow foreign tourists in.

WWE have gotten a lot of stick for agreeing a ten year deal in a place where women have routinely been treated as second class as opposed to men; yet they already are making a breakthrough: Renee Young being at the commentary table at Crown Jewel was hugely significant. Reports suggest the company are lobbying to have a women’s match at one of this year’s shows and, whilst I doubt it will happen this year, I firmly believe that we will see women wrestle on a Saudi Arabian-based WWE show by the end of the contract. That might not seem impressive to westerners, but for Saudi Arabia and it’s neighbours, that would be HUGE. If it happens, it will indicate a major change in attitude from the KSA government, and will mean that ultimately, the WWE deal will be historically remembered as a vehicle for social change in a country slow to adopt it.

It's outraged, not outrage.

Yes I am so sure you didn't understand what the OP meant just because he forgot one letter.
Seriously grammar polices are the worst.

As for me I am not too outraged. Mostly because it's the WWE. They can pretend to be a progressive company but, in the end no matter how much they try to hide it, wrestling is a carny business. You perform in places where you will earn money regardless if it's ethical or not and there's not a lot of PR moves they can do to hide their hypocrisy.

Let's no mix politics with wrestling. It's distasteful. Vince should honor the Saudi deal... End of story, its business..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back