WWE Semi-Finals; Match 2: Edge and Christian vs. The Hollywood Blonds

Edge and Christian vs. the Hollywood Blonds

• E&C

• Hollywood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE Region under WWE Rules.

Edge and Christian
09.jpg

vs.

The Hollywood Blonds (Stunning Steve Austin and Flyin Brian Pillman)
05.jpg

As a tag team the Hollywood blonds lasted about a year, and had a joint NWA/WCW tag title reign. I genuinely think that this team has gotten so far is because of it being made up of Steve Austin and Brian Pillman, both huge names.

Then you have Edge and Christian...
Two time match of the year winners
7 time WWF Tag champions

the reeked of total awesomeness, I was always a fan of them, going from the brood, to 5 second pose, I was entertained, and defo marked out for them.

Interesting to note; Hollywood blonds = 7 main championships between them (austin wth 7 WWF)
E&C 7 main singles titles (5 for Edge, and two for Christian cage)

This is probably the one match that I would have to have seen happen. I believe the Blondes set a template for what E&C became in their later years.

E&C didn't impress me until until around WM16, i thought they were a little bland but i believe that their wins in the TLC 1 & 2 really pushed them on and from they really shone at a time when the Hardys' and the Dudleys were also around.

An awesome match up.

This would be a great match, but E and C were together as a team a lot longer then the Blondes and they had a lot more success. It would be a close match, but E and C would pull it out in the end.

Success is unimportant, really. If it was, the Mega Powers would have shot through this tournament with their holy power of their ability to draw.

I'm still absolutely amazed that The Steiners got taken out by E&C, they were my pick to take this whole thing. It's beginning to become irritating that the silent majority is controlling this whole thing more and more. The teams with the least vocal backing are picking up the wins - yes, I count Staniels among them. Doesn't mean they don't deserve to, of course. It would just be nice if people backed themselves up instead of voting en mass and then chucking their keyboards out the window.

This really comes down to personal preference. Of course, E&C would take it even if it didn't. I think that realistically thinking, the Blondes would take it; they have the advantage of being more polished, well-rounded and as smart if not smarter than E&C. They should win, in my opinion. Title reigns are irrelevant in the hot potato world that was E&C's WWE.

I have no doubts that E&C will win though. Maybe even this entire thing... now there's a depressing thought.

My vote is going towards the blonds, well the Hollywood blonds. Edge and Christian accomplished a lot, but none of their title reigns are memorable. In fact, without the Hollywood Blondes, Edge and Christian would have been stale. Pillman and Austin were doing things in and out of the ring a decade before Edge and Christian stole it. The five second pose, or all the funny stuff they did, Pillman and Austin did a decade before, whether it be the filming spoof or a flair for the Old.

Edge and Christain will win, Hollywood Blonds should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back