Rear Naked Bloke
Round 1, ECW:
"Staniels" - AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels
vs.
The Hollywood Blonds - Flyin' Bryan Pillman & Stunning Steve Austin

No spam and no flaming.​

All ECW matches are conducted under Extreme Rules

That's quite the match-up. Indeed.

staniels - let's be honest, half the votes for hollywood blondes are going to be based on "stone cold" being in the team - which he is not. the guy in hollywood blodnes is the guy who was deemed surplus to requirements in WCW - whereas styles and daniels, to a lesser extent, are at least a big deal in their promotion.

Styles and Daniels could actually be pretty good in ECW, but I have to go with the Blonds here. Austin and Pillman were just a great tag team, and have the speed and athleticism to take on just about any team, no matter their size. At the time they were a team, they'd also have the speed to take on "Staniels", so I really hope people don't use Stone Cold's lack of wrestling ability against Stunning Steve Austin.

Staniels should be able to pick up a victory here, put it is going to be a really hard-fought battle between the two. The Hollywood Blondes were just a great team in their own right & accomplished what ever team is designed to do. They can take their all to the ring & make every team fight hard. However, the Extreme Rules factor comes into the factoring process of my decision & says that Styles/Daniels would be more inclined to fight with weaponry more efficiently than the Blondes. Though the blonds can snap & be ruthless, Staniels can maintain their composure & utilise the rules much better.

staniels - let's be honest, half the votes for hollywood blondes are going to be based on "stone cold" being in the team - which he is not. the guy in hollywood blodnes is the guy who was deemed surplus to requirements in WCW - whereas styles and daniels, to a lesser extent, are at least a big deal in their promotion.

Even as "Stunning" Steve Austin he was still better then Daniels and arguably better then Styles. In WCW he was a former US Champion and had victories over guys like Bobby Eaton and Barry Windham. Brian Pillman is also an amazing performer who in his prime was a better high flier then AJ Styles.

The Blonds are superior to Staniels in just about every way imaginable. If they are capable of beating Ricky Steamboat and Shane Douglass, I'm sure they wouldn't have much trouble with Staniels.

Reactions: NSL
Close match-up really. As a youngster, I was not really a fan of the Hollywood Blonds, then again, I was not supposed to be. But on the other hand, TNA's Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles along with the MCMG are the reason I started watching an entirely different promotion. Hard choice for me... But I think I will pick Staniels, and secretly wish my markout team of the Two Man Power Trip would have been in this.

I was never a big fan of the hollywoods as a team. BP was a pretty good wrestler and great psyologist, but stone cold wasn't stone cold then. As for staniels they can go blow to blow with anyone and I feel like they would actually take Steve Austin out with the rules environment.

AJ Styles, in my opinion, is the best wrestler in the World today. And I'm a HUGE fan of Christopher Daniels as well.

With that said, how the fuck can anyone vote for them over The Hollywood Blondes? Seriously, how?

The Hollywood Blondes is one of the greatest tag teams of all time. They didn't last long, but man oh man... they left a mark on this business forever. And that was before Stunning Steve became Stone Cold and Flyin' Brian became the Loose Cannon. They were AWESOME. Honestly, what more could you want in a tag team? They had an awesome gimmick, great looks, could talk their asses off, and their matches were fan-fucking-tastic, ESPECIALLY for their time. Fuck... today their matches are awesome compared to most tag team shit we see, but back then they were just epic.

Do the right thing here and vote for a team that was a true team and kick started two of the greatest gimmicks that ever existed in the history of the business. Don't vote for a team that was thrown together just to be together. "Saniels" is not a real team, so please don't vote for them over one of the greatest tag teams in wrestling history.

Reactions: NSL
Stuuuuuuuuninnnnng Steeeeeve Ausssstin and Flyyyyyyyyin Briiiiiiiiian Pillllllllman! The Hollywood Blondes win this one for me. They were an awesome tag team and I think they could control Staniels. AJ and Pillman would be fun to watch in its own right and Stunning Steve is better than Daniels. AJ and Pillman are equal, so the advantage goes to HB. Fun match to watch and it will be a hell of a battle.

how is Staniels winning this 111-5?! Don't get me wrong I loved them as a Team but there is no way they beat one of the greatest WCW Teams of all time. Honestly I'm at a lose for words.

Do the right thing people and vote the Blondes into round 2

So this just about proves you've never actually watched the Hollywood Blondes, have you? Because if you think they weren't a big deal in WCW, you're talking directly out of your ass. The Hollywood Blondes had some of the absolute best tag team matches of the 90s. If the Hollywood Blonds can take on Ric Flair and Arn Anderson for half an hour in a 2/3 falls match, they should have no problem with Staniels.

Staniels should be able to pick up a victory here, put it is going to be a really hard-fought battle between the two. The Hollywood Blondes were just a great team in their own right & accomplished what ever team is designed to do. They can take their all to the ring & make every team fight hard. However, the Extreme Rules factor comes into the factoring process of my decision & says that Styles/Daniels would be more inclined to fight with weaponry more efficiently than the Blondes. Though the blonds can snap & be ruthless, Staniels can maintain their composure & utilise the rules much better.

Come on now, are AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels known for their use of weapons? Hell no, they built their name on their great technical matches, they've scarcely been involved in hardcore matches, and even then, they weren't exactly amazing.

Austin can go with the best of them in a hardcore environment, shit nearly every single one of his title defenses during the Attitude Era was a no DQ match, most of which he won.

Come on people...I love AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels, but there is simply no way they should go over the Hollywood Blondes here, who are arguably the best tag team of the 90s. Which is a hell of a lot more impressive than Staniels being in the top 10 tag teams of the 2000's.

VOTE FOR THE HOLLYWOOD BLONDS!

I've always found Staniels to be quite overrated. They were ok, but they teamed together for what, a summer? The Blonds were absolutely awesome. You have a guy like the Loose Cannon and Steve Austin in ECW? It's not about would they win here, it's about what in the world could stop them? They should be a freight train here. They're the kinds of heels that can steal a win from anyone and this should be no problem here.

I've always found Staniels to be quite overrated. They were ok, but they teamed together for what, a summer? The Blonds were absolutely awesome.

Yes, and as I recall the Hollywood Blondes were a tag team for about 25 years. Oh wait, no, no, they were together for about 6 months.

You have a guy like the Loose Cannon and Steve Austin in ECW?

Except Loose Cannon wasn't in the Hollywood Blondes, Flyin' Brian was.

The thing that will determine the winner here is that Austin ended up being Stone Cold. That isn't what we should be thinking about. That being said, the Blonds should probably win. They made a career, albeit a short lived one, of beating faces without ever winning cleanly. Seriously, I'm not sure they ever won cleanly, but that doesn't matter in ECW. I'll give them the win here, but I wouldn't in any of the other promotions.

What a great first round match! I thoroughly loved watching Aj Styles and Christopher Daniels as a tag team. In fact, they are one of the reasons I first started watching TNA. They wrestled on the very first Impact I ever watched and I was blown away.

With that being said, Steve Austin and Brian Pillman together as a tag team was a gift from God. The Hollywood Blondes were just too damn good to last. THe Blondes happened back in the day when Steve Austin utilized his entire moveset and was more than just a brawler. Austin and Pillman together were nothing short of perfection. They take this in what would have been a spectacular match.

People forget how great Austin was in this tag team. His technical skill rivals anyone, and Pillman is a little bit crazy.

As much as I want to vote for the TNA team, I just can't see them getting it done, especially in an ECW setting. Austin and Pillman both had just enough crazy in them to get them through this match.

Tough one to go with here. I'm gonna vote the Hollywood Blondes simply due to their power and ability to get the job done back in their prime. I was close to going with Styles and Daniels but I just can't see them going over a team like the Blondes. And an ECW invironment aids the Blondes more so than the TNA team.

Hollywood Blondes FTW here.

I’m going to go with Styles and Daniels here. Yes, the Hollywood Blondes were cool, but to me, A. J. and Chris are cooler. I’m not taking into consideration the Stone Cold / Loose Cannon Era in this decision. It’s just straight up, Blondes vs. TNA’s Originals.

For me, watching Stunning Steve Austin is a lot more entertaining than watching Stone Cold, at least in the context of a match. He was a great high impact wrestler that you would have guessed would go far, but never in the way that he did. His transformation is truly incredible. Flyin' Brian is/was also very impressed and the Blonds as a tag team are one of my favourites.

So too, however, are AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels. Their battles with the like of America's Most Wanted and the Latin American Xchange rekindled my passion for wrestling for a time. The night they re-formed, I came all up in my pants.

Who would actually win in this situation is really up in the air, so I gave my vote to my preferred team. I urge you to do the same.

Reactions: gd
Staniels has to get this here. They are quicker than the Blondes and would definetly be able to use that to their advantage. Neither of these teams were together for a long time, so that argument goes out the door. In the end though, I think that Daniels and Pillman are pretty comparable, but AJ Styles beats Stunning Steve Austin everytime.

Also, AJ Styles is just amazing. By far the best in wrestling today. That alone should get him the win here, and the fact that he is partnered up with a guy he has great chemistry and success with only makes the choice easier.

Staniels has to get this here. They are quicker than the Blondes and would definetly be able to use that to their advantage. Neither of these teams were together for a long time, so that argument goes out the door. In the end though, I think that Daniels and Pillman are pretty comparable, but AJ Styles beats Stunning Steve Austin everytime.

Pillman was twice as good then Daniels will ever be and AJ Styles in not much better, if at all, then Stunning Steve Austin. Even before he became "Stone Cold" Austin was US Champion beating guys like Bobby Eaton and Barry Windham. Styles is good but not nearly as good as everyone thinks.

Also, AJ Styles is just amazing. By far the best in wrestling today. That alone should get him the win here, and the fact that he is partnered up with a guy he has great chemistry and success with only makes the choice easier.

The best in wrestling today? Really? Did guys like John Cena, Chris Jericho, Edge, Christian, HBK, and Taker all retire recently? If Styles is that good then why hasn't TNA put the heavyweight title on him since 2005. And what he is today isn't all that relevant to the conversation because he and Daniels were a team 3 years ago.

Pillman was twice as good then Daniels will ever be and AJ Styles in not much better, if at all, then Stunning Steve Austin. Even before he became "Stone Cold" Austin was US Champion beating guys like Bobby Eaton and Barry Windham. Styles is good but not nearly as good as everyone thinks.

Daniels is a very solid wrestler who has had some very good success throughout his career. I'd say he's just as good as Pillman, who was never great.

And AJ Styles is certainly better than Stunning Steve Austin. AJ was a former world champion and X Division Champion before being part of Staniels. I'd say beating someone like Samoa Joe is better than beating virtual no names like Eaton and Windham.

The best in wrestling today? Really? Did guys like John Cena, Chris Jericho, Edge, Christian, HBK, and Taker all retire recently? If Styles is that good then why hasn't TNA put the heavyweight title on him since 2005. And what he is today isn't all that relevant to the conversation because he and Daniels were a team 3 years ago.

AJ Styles is the best wrestler in the world today, period. If you were to watch one of his matches, you'd know that.

As for not winning the World Title in awhile, who really cares? That doesn't take away how great he is in the ring both kayfabe and non kayfabe, he is a legit superstar, Stunning Steve and Pillman definetly were not.

Daniels is a very solid wrestler who has had some very good success throughout his career. I'd say he's just as good as Pillman, who was never great.

How was Pillman never great, because he didn't hold any world titles? Pillman is one of the greatest high flyers of all time. He did more in his career then Daniels could ever dream of doing.

And AJ Styles is certainly better than Stunning Steve Austin. AJ was a former world champion and X Division Champion before being part of Staniels.

Oh so being a former heavyweight champion in TNA during a time when the company was still doing weekly ppv's is a huge accomplishment? Ron fucking Killings was also champion during this time period.

I'd say beating someone like Samoa Joe
is better than beating virtual no names like Eaton and Windham.

In the words of Booker T "Tell me you did not just say that." By calling Bobby Eaton and Barry Windham no names your argument has lost what little credibility it may have had left. Samoa Joe wishes he could be as accomplished as Barry Windham and Booby Eaton.

AJ Styles is the best wrestler in the world today, period. If you were to watch one of his matches, you'd know that.

I have watched his matches and well he is very good, he is far from the best wrestler in the world.

As for not winning the World Title in awhile, who really cares? That doesn't take away how great he is in the ring both kayfabe and non kayfabe, he is a legit superstar, Stunning Steve and Pillman definetly were not.

Oh I forgot that Steve Austin and Brian Pillman weren't legit superstars. My bad :rolleyes:. Please stop talking before you dig yourself an even bigger hole.

How was Pillman never great, because he didn't hold any world titles?

You could say that.

Pillman is one of the greatest high flyers of all time.

He was pretty average in my opinion.

He did more in his career then Daniels could ever dream of doing

Indeed, 2 Lightweight Championships and 1 Tag Team Championship are huge accomplishments. I couldn't even imagine that kind of success.

I'm sure that Daniels, a man who has held titles in 20 different companies couldn't either. Seriously, the fact that he's an 8 time World Tag Team Champion and a 3 time X Division Champion means absolutely nothing compared to all of Pillman's title reigns.

Oh so being a former heavyweight champion in TNA during a time when the company was still doing weekly ppv's is a huge accomplishment?

Yep, AJ Stylese was a World Champion before his run with Daniels, neither Pillman or Austin were World Champions.

Ron fucking Killings was also champion during this time period.

What's up?

In the words of Booker T "Tell me you did not just say that." By calling Bobby Eaton and Barry Windham no names your argument has lost what little credibility it may have had left. Samoa Joe wishes he could be as accomplished as Barry Windham and Booby Eaton.

Bobby Eaton is best known as a tag team wrestler and Windham was pretty good, but I wouldn't say he's as good as the man AJ Styles beat 3 times for the NWA World Title, Jeff Jarrett.

I have watched his matches and well he is very good, he is far from the best wrestler in the world.

Who is then?

Oh I forgot that Steve Austin and Brian Pillman weren't legit superstars. My bad :rolleyes:.

As part of the Hollywood Blondes, Austin was not and Pillman never was.

Please stop talking before you dig yourself an even bigger hole.

I'm actually typing, but either way, I don't see how I'm digging myself into a hole when I'm winning.

He was pretty average in my opinion.

Average? You've got to be kidding me. The matches he had with Jushin Liger in WCW are classics. Pillman was a tremendous performer. He was great in the ring as well as on the mic.

Indeed, 2 Lightweight Championships and 1 Tag Team Championship are huge accomplishments. I couldn't even imagine that kind of success.

I'm sure that Daniels, a man who has held titles in 20 different companies couldn't either. Seriously, the fact that he's an 8 time World Tag Team Champion and a 3 time X Division Champion means absolutely nothing compared to all of Pillman's title reigns.

Let's look at some of the companies that Daniels has held titles in. Windy City Pro Wrestling, World Power Wrestling, Pro-Pain Pro Wrestling, Premier Wrestling Federation, New Age Wrestling Federation, Ballpark Brawl, Frontier Pro Wrestling. 90% of the companies he's held titles in are completely irrelevant indy feds. It's not always about titles. Pillman is a much better performer then Daniels.

Yep, AJ Stylese was a World Champion before his run with Daniels, neither Pillman or Austin were World Champions.

I'd take a U.S. title reign from Austin over an NWA title reign from Styles back when TNA was still a shit promotion on fox sports net doing weekly pay per views.

Bobby Eaton is best known as a tag team wrestler and Windham was pretty good, but I wouldn't say he's as good as the man AJ Styles beat 3 times for the NWA World Title, Jeff Jarrett.

Jeff Jarrett is not in Windham's league. Windham is a guy who has beaten the likes of Ric Flair, Sting, Dusty Rhodes, and Nikita Koloff. Jeff Jarrett is a guy who has had his most success in a company that he partly owns.

Who is then?

I don't know maybe John Cena. You know the face of the largest wrestling company in the World. Or how about that Chris Jericho guy, I hear he's pretty good. Then you have Edge, HBK, Christian, Triple H.

As part of the Hollywood Blondes, Austin was not and Pillman never was.

How were they not legit superstars? They were both tremendous performers in the ring, they were both great on the mic, they defeated Ricky Steamboat and Shane Douglass to win the tag titles, and then they proceeded to feud with Ric Flair and Arn Anderson who happened to be part of arguably the greatest stable of all time. And not only did they feud with them but they more then held there own in the ring and on the mic.

I'm actually typing, but either way, I don't see how I'm digging myself into a hole when I'm winning.

It's funny that you think you're winning this argument. This reminds me a lot of the movie Rudy, except instead of getting a sack on the final play of the game you're getting blown up by a 300 pound lineman and suffering a severe concussion.

Staniels won? What a fucking injustice! The Hollywood Blondes were an awesome tag team and fantastic individually. They'd both wrestle rings around Styles and especially Daniels. Total joke of a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back