Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
r2.jpg

Harlem Heat - Booker T & Stevie Ray
vs.
AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels

Remember, Extreme Rules are in effect.

Staniels look to take revenge on the team that eliminated them two years ago. Will they have it?

This is yet another tough match up for me. On one hand you have 10 time WCW Tag Team Champions. On the other hand you have the Heart and Soul of TNA. As of right now, I’m going to go with The Ebony Experience, but mark my words, if Styles and Daniels team up in the future and add to their legacy as a Tag Team, I may change my mind.

Had to go with Harlem Heat here. I love AJ and Christopher Daniels, they're too of the best workers I've ever seen in this business, but as a tag team, they don't really match up to Harlem Heat. WCW had a very strange tag team division in the 90s, fluctuating between very good, to absolutely terrible, but through out it all Harlem Heat was a staple of that division, and basically carried it on their back while guys like The Outsiders were feuding with The Steiners. Booker T back then was a damn fine wrestler, and though I think the team of AJ & Daniels comprises the overall better cumulative talent, but Harlem Heat were the better team.

Harlem Heat all the way here. Staniels was around for what, six months at most? Harlem Heat was the best tag team in WCW save for maybe the Steiners. They're easily one of the best teams of all time. As brothers there's a natural chemistry that you simply can't get from pairings. Also, they're way too big and way too strong. it's Kain and Kole winning here.

Harlem Heat. Because trying to argue that try were not the greatest tag team of the early and mid day of WCW is close to being impossible. I am not sure I would still be watching wrestling if it were not for them. They have the makings of a great tag team, both big men with Stevie being the overwhealming muscle and Booker being the technition. My dream tag match is Harlem Heat vs The Hart Foundation.

12-4, ugggghhh. Staniels deserves to be closer than this. Harlem Heat were a great tag team that carried a WCW tag division similar the the one in TNA, but I think that what Staniels has shown and what they are capable of gives them the edge here.

AJ and Chris developed an offense unlike anything HH has seen before. The had the ability to perform deadly, high impact moves from the top rope that HH would'nt know how to deal with. They also had great ground based moves.

I'm sure HH would use their size and strenght advantage to take control of the match at some point, but Staniels are two of the toughest wrestlers with 2 of the biggest hearts of all time. They would refuse to submit to their pain and would keep on fighting.

Something to take into consideration is the fact that AJ has owned Booker in TNA. Just look at his Legend's Title matches with him, he's dominated him. I think that Daniels would be able to at least hang with Stevie.

HH were a great team, nothing against them, but you should vote for one of the most innovative teams of all time that includes the best wrestler in the world today.

VOTE STANIELS!

12-4, ugggghhh. Staniels deserves to be closer than this. Harlem Heat were a great tag team that carried a WCW tag division similar the the one in TNA, but I think that what Staniels has shown and what they are capable of gives them the edge here.

Harlem Heat should be up more. And the TNA tag division is nothing like WCW's. When Staniels was together the division consisted mainly of them, AMW, LAX, and the Diamonds in the Rough. Harlem heat had to deal with the likes of the Steiner Brothers, Sting and Luger, Nasty Boys, Faces of Fear, and the Outsiders. WCW tag division 1000X > then the TNA division at the time Staniels was around.

AJ and Chris developed an offense unlike anything HH has seen before. The had the ability to perform deadly, high impact moves from the top rope that HH would'nt know how to deal with. They also had great ground based moves.

I'm sure Harlem heat could adapt. You know they did win the WCW tag titles ten times, defeating teams with many different styles.

I'm sure HH would use their size and strenght advantage to take control of the match at some point, but Staniels are two of the toughest wrestlers with 2 of the biggest hearts of all time. They would refuse to submit to their pain and would keep on fighting.

I'm glad they have big hearts. Too bad those hearts are going to get stepped on by Harlem Heat. If AMW and LAX can get victories over Staniels then Harlem Heat will have no problems.

Something to take into consideration is the fact that AJ has owned Booker in TNA. Just look at his Legend's Title matches with him, he's dominated him. I think that Daniels would be able to at least hang with Stevie.

So AJ Styles in his prime has victories over a 44 year old Booker T. Congratulations, that really doesn't mean shit.

HH were a great team, nothing against them, but you should vote for one of the most innovative teams of all time that includes the best wrestler in the world today.

The Rockers were also an "innovative" team, that doesn't mean they should win. Staniels were together for 6 months. They had a couple feuds with AMA and LAX and then they disbanded. I also believe that LAX got the better of them in the long run and Harlem Heat is 10X better then LAX.

I'm going Harlem Heat here. Staniels is awesome, but HH are one of the greatest teams ever and maybe the best team WCW ever had. Extreme rules will help Staniels stay in this thing, but Book and Stevie will take control and finish off the TNA originals and move on to what could be a final four appearance.

Damn, bad drawing by Staniels. Even though it pains me to vote against Staniels, i got to go with Harlem Heat, they were probably the best team in WCW along side the Steiners.

If Staniels were around longer and had more matches with each other, then i may vote for them but Harlem Heat got them beat with experience, wrestling in a tag team, plus it does help to have your brother as your tag team partner.

I got to say this is would be one hell of a match, which would be a very close contest but Harlem Heat would just scrape by.

While Styles and Daniels may have more pure talent than Harlem Heat, I don't think they will come out with the win. They did beat a team vaguely similar to Harlem Heat in LAX, but Stevie and Booker were stronger than Homicide and Hernandez at their peak. Styles can hold his own with Booker but I don't know about Daniels against Stevie. Harlem Heat will win this but not without a fight from Staniels.

Staniels may have the more talented maneouvres & unpredictable offense with some experience in hardcore style matches, Harlem Heat were just too good of a tag team to render useless here. They, as mentioned by many above, we one of the greatest teams during their era... especially in the WCW tag team division. They understand everything that does into tag team wrestling & know each other very well, something Staniels may not have the edge in.

Harlem Heat will win, but not without a tough fight from the opponents.

This won't help Staniels win, but I'm bored.

Harlem Heat should be up more.

No, this is a matchup where the final results don't actually reflect how close this'd be.

And the TNA tag division is nothing like WCW's.

It was up and down, sorta like WCW.

When Staniels was together the division consisted mainly of them, AMW, LAX, and the Diamonds in the Rough

Pretty decent.

Harlem heat had to deal with the likes of the Steiner Brothers, Sting and Luger, Nasty Boys, Faces of Fear, and the Outsiders.

Not all at the same time. HH was around for a much longer period, therefore, more teams.

WCW tag division 1000X > then the TNA division at the time Staniels was around.

Cause TNA iz teh suxs?

I'm sure Harlem heat could adapt. You know they did win the WCW tag titles ten times, defeating teams with many different styles.

What team did they beat that was as good as Staniels and similar to them in style.

I'm glad they have big hearts. Too bad those hearts are going to get stepped on by Harlem Heat. If AMW and LAX can get victories over Staniels then Harlem Heat will have no problems.

AMW and LAX are pretty good teams. I was just making the point that Staniels aren't whiny *****es like Legacy.

So AJ Styles in his prime has victories over a 44 year old Booker T. Congratulations, that really doesn't mean shit.

Yep, beating a guy on the other team must mean nothing at all.

The Rockers were also an "innovative" team, that doesn't mean they should win.

Innovative in the 80s < innovative in the 00s

Staniels were together for 6 months.

Doesn't mean they weren't still good. I hate the "how long they've been together argument" Like I've said before, why not just had the title to 3D then.

They had a couple feuds with AMA and LAX and then they disbanded.

HH also disbanded, your point?

I also believe that LAX got the better of them in the long run

They aren't facing LAX.

and Harlem Heat is 10X better then LAX.

LAX would kill Harlem Heat.

It was up and down, sorta like WCW.

WCW's tag division at any point Harlem Heat was around was better then TNA's when Staniels was around.

Pretty decent.

Diamonds in the Rough were shit. AMW and LAX are very overrated. They basically just traded wins with each other for most of their careers.

Not all at the same time. HH was around for a much longer period, therefore, more teams.

With the exception of the Outsiders the other teams were all together at the same time.

Cause TNA iz teh suxs?

God I hate this stupid argument. TNA doesn't suck, but it is inferior to WCW and that is a fact.

What team did they beat that was as good as Staniels and similar to them in style.

None, I was just pointing out that they have the ability to adapt to all different styles.

AMW and LAX are pretty good teams. I was just making the point that Staniels aren't whiny *****es like Legacy.

I never said they were.

Yep, beating a guy on the other team must mean nothing at all.

AJ Styles is in his prime. Booker T is 44 and nearing the end of his career. If they were both in their primes the outcome would be different.

Innovative in the 80s < innovative in the 00s

How so?

Doesn't mean they weren't still good. I hate the "how long they've been together argument" Like I've said before, why not just had the title to 3D then.

Time as a tag team isn't that important, but it is a factor especially when one team was only together for 6 months.

HH also disbanded, your point?

I was just showing that Staniels didn't do much together. They had 2 feuds and then they were done.

They aren't facing LAX.

Which is too bad they would have had a chance in that match.

LAX would kill Harlem Heat.

Wow, there goes any credibility you had. Harlem Heat would fucking own LAX.

WCW's tag division at any point Harlem Heat was around was better then TNA's when Staniels was around.

Isn't all about who they beat.

Diamonds in the Rough were shit.

Cool name.

AMW and LAX are very overrated.

I think they're underrated.

They basically just traded wins with each other for most of their careers.

So did the Rock and Steve Austin, but I suppose they're shit too.

With the exception of the Outsiders the other teams were all together at the same time.

May have been a slightly better division, but this isn't a competition to see who faced the best opponents, it's about the same team.

God I hate this stupid argument.

The one you are using?

TNA doesn't suck, but it is inferior to WCW and that is a fact.

TNA was outstanding during the Staniels era, better than WCW ever was, and certainly not 100 times worse, as you claim.

None, I was just pointing out that they have the ability to adapt to all different styles.

Not something so incredible like Staniels, they haven't seen anything like it before.

I never said they were.

K.

AJ Styles is in his prime. Booker T is 44 and nearing the end of his career. If they were both in their primes the outcome would be different.

Probably not, AJ would still win, Booker T wasn't that great.

Things that were innovative in the 80s (like any top rope move) are commonplace in wrestling today. What Staniels did has rarely been repeated.

Time as a tag team isn't that important, but it is a factor especially when one team was only together for 6 months.

Why?

I was just showing that Staniels didn't do much together. They had 2 feuds and then they were done.

So?

Which is too bad they would have had a chance in that match.

They have more than a chance in this one.

Wow, there goes any credibility you had.

I had credibility? Yay! :blush:

Harlem Heat would fucking own LAX.

I disagree.

Staniels should have more votes purely for the fact that they have the greatest wrestler in the world today on their team and would have more than a fighting chance in a kayfabe match, so, vote for them.

I would have to be crazy to vote against Harlem Heat here. Staniels has a lot of speed and athleticism, but they never accomplished anything major, at least not on the scale that Harlem Heat did. I'm sure it would be a damn close match, but there's no other way to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back