WWE Round 3, Match 4: The Brothers of Destruction vs. the Hollywood Blonds

The Brothers of Destruction vs. the Hollywood Blonds

• BOD

• Blondes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Following match takes place in a WWE Ring under WWE Rules

The Brothers of Destruction (The Undertaker and Kane)
08.jpg

vs. the Hollywood Blonds (Stunning Steve Austin and Flyin Bryan Pillman)
02.jpg

Oh man, I wish I'd reached this poll earlier.

The Brothers of Destruction, going over one of themost complete tag teams of the early 90's in Austin and Pillman?

Again, Taker and Kane were a temporary tag team. True, they stayed together longer than some expected, and did have some tag team success. But with the Blondes, you're talking about one of tag team wrestling's top few teams in the 1990's. These guys buoyied WCW's tag division after the Steiners left for WWF, and did so in dominating fashion. They had the brawling ability from Austin, the high flying from Pillman, and were one of the most cunning combinations in tag team wrestling for many years.

Folks, don't lay your vote down at the feet of hero worship and name recognition. YouTube some Blondes matches and see just how good they really were.

IC, these are the same people that laid down a vote for the Hardys in the face of every single poster - all of them reputable - saying their choice would be the Brainbusters.

Hands up who hasn't even heard of the Hollywood Blonds? I won't judge you. Actually, I will. The team of Flyin' Brian Pillman and Stunning Steve Austin were a force to be reckoned with. I exaggerate, but they were much more so than Kane and Undertaker - perhaps the most overrated team in wrestling history.

Buy the Austin DVD. I did. Worth every penny for the, like, two matches with him and Brian in alone. I lie, that DVD was expensive. They're still great matches and about 100x better than any match BOD had. Together, that is. Although they did have better matches than whatever Kane had too.

The Undertaker & Kane were both solid wrestlers with great gimmicks. They were very over with the fans and have accomplished alot, but as a tag team their were mediocre at best. They never had too many stand out matches(except for that horrible match against Kronik) they title run was nothing special(except they had both belts). They were a alright team but the Hollywood Blonds were a better unit.

The Hollywood Blonds(Pillman/Austin)worked great as a team and as a tag team were a better unit then Take/Kane. They also were voted the top tag team in 1993, by the Wrestling Observer, and should move on.

To call Undertaker solid is an understatement. To call Kane solid is an overstatement. To call them mediocre together... is pretty much bang on.

mysterio_fan said:
Hi Shocky,
Not a big deal but I on a mistake clicked the wrong name when I was voting in the BOD Vs. Blonds match. I meant to click the Blonds, but clicked BOD instead. I was wondering if there is a way to change my vote just because it would be a tie if my vote was for the Blonds.

Thanks

This along with his post before sending me a PM about his vote will have me reverse his decision and reward the Blonds with a vote, and one minus for the BOD.

Yes thanks Shocky! I just wasn't paying attention when clicking. The blonds were just the better overall tag team over BOD, and deserve to win this round over.

That's just the thing though; they did fair well in others. The only setting that's really different to others in this tourney is ECW, and that's because of the hardcore rules. Sure, BOD could get a big pop from the WWE crowd, but the Blonds are no strangers to being booed. Kane and Undertaker were a part time tag team that were barely ever together and that just spent about three minutes squashing much lesser teams.

Stunning Steve Austin and Flyin' Brian Pillman are no such team. They're brilliance and cohesiveness embodied. Definitely not a one track team like the "he big, I big, we big" team of 'Taker and Kane. The Deadman is the strong link here but he never delivered the brilliance he was capable of in this team ever. He failed to deliver the brilliance he was capable of a lot. It's his thing.

I don't care how good the HB's worked togehter how long they were a team or blah blah blah. There is no way they beat 2 former Champs. They would get squashed in a wwf ring, and don't think they'd fair that well in others.

I can't believe this is so close. The Blondes rule.

I can't add anything that has not already been said by everybody. BoD were Kane and Taker at their laziest, sloppiest and most boring.

Blondes at their peak were just a highlight of what Austin would be (and what Pillman could have been.)

The Blonds faired very well, and arguably they were the best tag team in WCW short history at that point. They beat every team put in front of them. The Brothers of Destruction, while an impressive team, were a lazy team. This is probably when both Kane and the Undertaker were at their least intersting points in their careers, and easily their least athletic. They were two big, brawler maulers that got along long enough to win the belts, and do nothing with the.

Don't point to two former World Champions. Don't forget taht arguably the biggest star of the last decade is on one team, and I take Brian Pillmans definitive run as Light Heavyweight Champion for WCW over either of Kanes ECW or WWF title reigns. Bryan Pillman is the mold in which all Lightweights should be made from, Kane isn't even the best big man of his era.

I'm surprised and very pleased to see the votes are in favor of the Blondes thus far. ALthough Taker and Kane had very successful single's careers, I would hardly consider the BOD a proper tag team. Austin and Pillman were a team made in Heaven and had they stayed together, would probably be one of the greatest teams in history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back