WWE Region, Third Round, 2/3 Falls Match: (1) Hulk Hogan vs. (9) Batista

Who wins this match?

• Hulk Hogan

• Batista

Results are only viewable after voting.
Has this been 1-fall I could have maybe gone for Batista because of that win over Cena. 2 falls though? No, you're not pinning Hogan twice in the same night.

Aaaannnnnnnnnnnd the Furry has been tamed! Great run by Tista this year, but he just suffered from the draw. Face Hogan rarely lost, and when he did it took a tremendous force to overcome Hulkamania [let alone in a gimmick match that actually favors Hogan.] Batista is comparable to Warrior, sure. But I don't see him beating Cena - who is the zero calorie version of Hogan - as a reason for him to defeat the real thing.

Hogan FTW.

I don't see Hogan having to "Hulk up twice" to get the win. Here's another way the match could go down:

I just simply can't imagine a scenario where Batista could cleanly pin a prime Hogan completely within the rules.

So, my scenario would be that Dave would be in control, but continuely fail to put Hogan away for the first fall until he got frustrated and started to beat Hogan with a chair or something causing a DQ after a long first fall. Then, with Hogan weakened from the illegal beating, Batista would just destory him and run through him to take the second fall and even things up. It would be in the third fall where Batista would still be dominating Hogan who would still be selling the earlier beating until, just as you think Dave's gonna get the finish, Hogan "Hulk's up", points, punches, boot, legdrop, etc. and gets his first actual pinfall of the match to win the final fall and advance on.

I go with Norcal's argument on this one. Hulk Hogan is probably the top pure Baby Face of all time, no question. He went down to the Warrior though. Dave Batista is better than the Ultimate Warrior in my opinion. He was much closer to the top baby face of his era (Cena) then Warrior was to Hogan. Face Batista has a nice clean finish victory over Cena at Summerslam.

I don't think this match is as cut and dry as the outcome will be. I've been a big detractor of Big Dave, but I'm not blind to realize his eventual legacy on the business. I could see Big Dave getting a clean victory over Hogan in this match. Batista has so many clean wins over guys throughout his career.

I eventually see Hogan taking this, but in no way is this a squash match.

If we are looking at both men in their primes, this should be an entertaining match with some big tests of strength and power moves thrown out by both men.

The thing that makes me lean towards Hogan is the fact I don't see anyone getting 2 falls over him in one night IN HIS PRIME. He barely lost back then, so twice in one night is pushing it for anyone, I think it would take another all-time great to do that (if anyone could) and 'tista isn't that man.

It wouldn't be easy for Hulk though. Batista is similar in a way to the Ultimate Warrior, who DID beat The Hulkster, so I would expect Big Dave to get a fall here, probably the second, evening things up after a Batista Bomb, before the big comeback leading to a pinfall for The Hulkster to advance 2-1

Winner, in a tough match- Hulk Hogan

I went through the stats, and I don't think either man has ever had a 2 outta 3 falls match. EVER. Now while Hogan has won a butt loada cage matches (memo for later in the tourney), his prime is clearly a lot more dominant, especially in gimmick matches. He took on a lotta stiff guys and emerged on top.

And for the last time, Hulk doesn't Hulk up twice! One's like a roll up or shit. The last one is the Hulk up.

Move on Hulkster!

Hogan goes over Batista. Big Dave is jacked, and he's tough, but I can't see him getting 2 falls over a peak Hogan. Hogan wasn't pinned twice during the three plus years of his first title reign, Batista isn't going to be booked to do this here. Hogan moves on.

You are completely incorrect here, but I'll give you a chance to save yourself.

Since this is basically a series of singles matches in a row, how many people can you name that pinned Hogan in a one-on-one match more than once, much less twice in the same night?

The same night? Never. Twice overall? You got me there, all I can think of is Undertaker and (I think) Warrior. Batista can at least go toe to toe with Taker, so to me his win still seems plausible at least. Batista's chances are pretty much unsalvageable at this point looking at the poll, anyway, so I'm knocked out here :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back