WWE Region, Milwaukee Subregion, First Round: (6) Mil Mascaras vs. (27) Magnum TA

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Mil Mascaras

• Magnum TA

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Milwaukee Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

bradley%20center%204.widea.jpg

milmascaras_main_bio.png

#6. Mil Mascaras

Vs.

tumblr_mhto57D0Uf1rkf4k0o1_400.jpg

#27. Magnum T.A.

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Sentences about Magnum TA almost always begin with "he would have" "should have" or "could have". Unfortunately, fate is cruel and he didn't. Masceras on the other hand did. The drawing power of historical greats on American soil is often disputed, but here there is no such argument. Masceras fought, drew and won big matches in the US, in a fashion Magnum TA never was able to. Masceras must win.

Disclaimer: I won't pretend that I have in-depth wrestling knowledge about a wide range of superstars. So, I'm going to perform my voting a little differently. There will be 127 matches in total in this tournament. I've comprised a list of 63 random 1v1 events. I'll randomize the list and base my vote off the results of who I think would win the selected event with my odd logic.

This event: Standup Comedy

Logic: Magnum T.A. is already a funny name. Also, with a mullet like that he could probably work the blue collar comedy tour with the likes of Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy. Mil Mascras would probably take the event too seriously.

Winner: Magnum T.A.

Terry Allen is a tragic figure. A car wreck ended the career of a man who should have been Ric Flair's equal. His two US Title reigns showed the promise. Unfortunately, a Porsche and a telephone pole had other ideas.

Mil Mascaras was a historical figure. A God in Mexico, he was the first masked Luchador ever to wrestle in Madison Square Garden. His skills were rarely matched. At times, he would routinely refuse to sell moves. Regardless, The Man of a Thousand Masks, The Man of a Thousand Holds (So said the WWWF ring announcer, Jooooooooe McHugh) would have beaten a pre-crash Magnum TA very easily.

Mexican Wrestling Jesus vs Guy Who Should have Been.

Mil Mascaras is simply more important and better than Magnum TA. It's VERY sad that he never got to reach what may have been his full potential, but for all we know he could have fallen flat when given the top spot.

Mil Mascaras, on the other hand, is as I said before "Wrestling Mexican Jesus." I work in a hotel, and many of the older Mexican housekeepers we have on staff here (who are AWESOME by the way) talk about Mil Mascaras as if he walked on water.

I feel bad for Magnum TA when it comes to this tournament. He's always an easy out for whoever goes up against him, because his career is mostly promise as opposed to what was actually delivered.

I feel bad for Magnum TA when it comes to this tournament. He's always an easy out for whoever goes up against him, because his career is mostly promise as opposed to what was actually delivered.

This is unfortunately true. T.A had all the talent and potential to be a true great of wrestling, but we'll never know how far he could have gone because of the career ending injuries he suffered, and for that reason he can't go through ahead of Mascaras.

"Mexican Jesus" he may be, Mascaras is well known for no-selling his opponents moves and basically being an arrogant asshole but the fact is he achieved levels of success far beyond what Magnum had got to before his crash. I don't like what I've read about Mascaras and don't enjoy his work, but he's the right vote here for what he's achieved and what he means to Mexican wrestling.

Sentences about Magnum TA almost always begin with "he would have" "should have" or "could have". Unfortunately, fate is cruel and he didn't. Masceras on the other hand did. The drawing power of historical greats on American soil is often disputed, but here there is no such argument. Masceras fought, drew and won big matches in the US, in a fashion Magnum TA never was able to. Masceras must win.

In addition to this his Royal Rumble 1997 showing where he was one of two people the crowd popped to. The other being Austin.

Mils Mascaras wins this because Magnum TA is the prototypical what if in the world of Professional wrestling. What if h wasn't in that career ending car crash, would the NWA still have been a force against the WWF.

Mils Mascaras has delivered enough to be a name around the world. He is also reportedly a giant cock, but that has nothing to do with wrestling ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back