WWE Region, Milwaukee Subregion, Second Round: (6) Mil Mascaras vs. (11) Jack Brisco

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Mil Mascaras

• Jack Brisco

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WWE Region, Milwaukee Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

bradley%20center%204.widea.jpg

milmascaras_main_bio.png

#6. Mil Mascaras

Vs.

12jackbrisco.jpg

#11. Jack Brisco

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Brisco was a successful wrestler in his day, but his day didn't stretch into a long legacy in the same way that Mil Masacaras' did. Mascaras is genuinely probably the wrestler that has achieved the most in the three major markets, with very few other contenders for that title. I think in terms of global significance and quality, it has to be Mascaras.

I gotta vote Mexican Wrestling Jesus here.

I like Jack Brisco, he was a good star in a great era. Unfortunately, outside of nerds like us he's been largely forgotten.

Mil Mascaras is one of the top three Mexican wrestlers ever, who people even in this country know (and in the case of people who live in the lower west coast of the states, idolize.)

Mil Mascaras should move on, tough draw for Brisco.

It seems that Jack Brisco is remembered for being a good world champion in a time of solid world champions. Which, given the cirsumstances, just puts Mascaras on a much bigger platform. Brisco would have to be a guy much more well-perceived to give him a chance of being voted here.

Mil Mascaras.

Disclaimer: I won't pretend that I have in-depth wrestling knowledge about a wide range of superstars. So, I'm going to perform my voting a little differently. There will be 127 matches in total in this tournament. I've comprised a list of 63 random 1v1 events. I'll randomize the list and base my vote off the results of who I think would win the selected event with my odd logic.

This event: Hunger Games

Logic: Jack Brisco looks like a career from District 1 or 2 while Mil Mascaras is probably from District 11 or 12. We always hear how great the first two districts are, but movies have shown that they are 0-2 against lower district players. Mil Mascaras gets it because everyone likes an underdog from District 12.

o01el4.png

Winner: Mil Mascaraseverdeen

Tough call here.

Neither guy ever lost much. Brisco was probably the best pure wrestler of his era. Mascaras was one of the biggest attraction wrestlers of his era. The NWA wanted Brisco to be their long term, traveling champion despite the fact that honor generally went to a heel. Reason being that they would build up their local babyface champion to take on the heel World champ when he got to town, only to have the babyface narrowly lose. It spoke to how respected Brisco was, and how much of a draw they felt him to be that they'd let him be a traveling champ.

Mascaras wouldn't lose because he'd simply refuse to put his opponents over.

I can't put Mascaras over in this one. Brisco was just such a better wrestler; a better champion... he was just better than Mascaras. He's criminally underrated around here because he retired right as the 80's boom period was starting, and unlike virtually everyone (Mascaras included), never went back in any capacity. You're missing out though. He is one of the all time greats. One of the absolute best ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back