WWE Region, Cairo Subregion, First Round: (5) Randy Orton vs. (28) Ultimo Dragon

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Randy Orton

• Ultimo Dragon

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Cairo Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at Cairo International Stadium in Cairo, Egypt.

cairo_stadium1.jpg

randy-orton-bio1.jpg

#5. Randy Orton

Vs.

Ultimo_Drago_-_Yoshihiro_Asai_08.jpg

#28. Ultimo Dragon

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

You know that RKO out of nowhere meme? Well there's a reason it exists. Guys like Ultimo Dragon have been jumping off the top rope for a long time and usually head first. Randy Orton isn't a dim son of a gun and knows his finisher involves grabbing the opponent's head so what do you think happens here folks? It doesn't take a genius. Rob Van Dam found out in 2003, Evan Bourne found out 2010, CM Punk found out in 2011 and so on.

This is all without even having to mention Orton's credentials. Ultimo Dragon is one of the most decorated cruiser/junior heavyweights of all time. No doubt, but there's a big difference between a curtain jerker with Dean Malenko that's technically sound, and being a repeated main eventer on PPV after PPV. Orton just happens to be the latter and a crisp wrestler too. Orton after a really entertaining match.

I can see this being a tough match for The Viper but I still hope that he comes through it. Ultimo Dragon is no slouch by any means. Having wrestled all over the world and been successful in that regard, it is very difficult to rule gym out of this one. Personally, I really like Randy Orton and he has proved himself to be on the top level consistently, wrestling the very best that the wrestling industry has to offer and beating them senseless. But moreover, this being in the WWE region really helps Orton. It is the only promotion that Orton has ever wrestled for and he is so comfortable in that scenario and setting that it is hard to see him losing to pretty much anyone. No matter how good they are, Randy takes down pretty much everyone in his path in a WWE region.

Randy Orton. I love watching Ultimo Dragon and I can see his high flying style throwing Orton off, but in the end I can see Orton catching him with 1 quick RKO to win the match. I would to see Orton somehow reverse Ultimo's Asai DDT finisher into an RKO to win, that would be insane. And yes I know Ultimo Dragon has wrestled around the world, but man Randy Orton is just too good, and very precise.

Ultimo Dragon is a hugely decorated wrestler, he's held gold all over the world and was awesome to watch in his prime. But I just can't put him over Randy Orton, a guy who made his name beating legends, and who has taken down just about every top guy he's ever come across.

Dragon isn't a top guy, however influential he may be. And as others have said, Orton has proven time and again that he can hit the RKO out of nowhere, and from so many different positions. He'd no doubt find a way to reverse Dragon's Asai DDT into the RKO or catch him during one of his many aerial moves and snap his neck down into the canvas.

I don't see any reason why Randy should lose this, he moves on.

Oh how I hate you Blandy Boreton, but I think you win here. Orton has a pretty decent track record against just about everyone, so there's no reason he shouldn't win here. Ultimo Dragon is more famous for that picture at the top than actually winning any of those titles, so I don't see him finding a way to win here. Orton wins.

I mean, this doesn't require that much thought, but for fun here is the argument you'd use for Ultimo. You've gotta stretch a few things and use sloppy arguments; Rey and Ultimo are similar. Ultimo is as good as Rey. Rey has a 11-5 record vs Orton lifetime.

Here's where even that falls down; Orton won the only PPV encounter between the two, which is most indicative of the scale of this match. Rey has a BUNCH more success against heavyweights than Ultimo has ever shown, even if he's as dominant a lightweight. Finally, and most damning - Ultimo got his shot in WWE, and kayfabe didn't amount to jack. Sure in real life we can criticise his booking, it's universally considered one of the biggest wastes ever right? But in a kayfabe tournament, you just gotta see that he had his shot and didn't make it. Even in WCW he very rarely succeeded out of his weight class.

And that's if you suspend all the logic of one of the most dominant World Champions EVER going out to a popular cruiserweight haha. Orton advances and it's not at all close

Disclaimer: I won't pretend that I have in-depth wrestling knowledge about a wide range of superstars. So, I'm going to perform my voting a little differently. There will be 127 matches in total in this tournament. I've comprised a list of 63 random 1v1 events. I'll randomize the list and base my vote off the results of who I think would win the selected event with my odd logic.

This event: Trending on Twitter.

Logic: This is easy. Randy Orton already went viral with his RKOs out of nowhere. His prime is in the age of technology and social media. The only way Ultimo could win is if someone seriously messes up hash-tagging oatmeal.

Winner: Randy Orton

There is a great RKO finish spot here, I just know it. Ultimo is decorated and brilliant but Orton is a bigger name and puts this away after a good match.

I was listening to the first The Art of Wrestling interview Colt did with Christopher Daniels. Daniels brought up that he was working with Dragon, and Colt very warmly said "I'm sorry." I thought it was kind of funny, then moved on with my life. I've heard variants of this story from a lot of people, all of whom dreaded working with this guy. Dragon is apparently a total dick, who is fairly unsafe to boot. What does Randy Orton do to people like this? He yells at them in the ring calling them stupid, and then legit beats the shit out of them.

Randy Orton is somehow faster and more athletic than one of the greatest (in terms of achievments) small guys of all time. Orton wins after three punt kicks, the first of which being more than enough...but fuck Ultimo Dragon.

Viper. Legend Killer. Dragon Slayer.

Sure Ultimo is one of the best in his class, but that isnt enough to get past one of the best of the past decade. Hell, this guy has being a heel down to a science & that is the Randy Orton that Dragon will never get past.

Asai Moonsault into an RKO would be a nice spot. Roll Dragon back in the ring & count the pin.

9 times out of 10 Heavyweight beats Cruiserweight. Randy wins because of that rule of thumb. Randy is too good to be knocked out by Ultimo Dragon, nothing against Dragon but he is just not a world heavyweight champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back