• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Programming this week from England

mont3818

Pre-Show Stalwart
I wanna know why WWE only does TV shows from England (usually only Manchester and London). Why can't there ever be a Raw or Smackdown from Dublin? Apparently there was great turn out and the fans were really rowdy. Does anyone have any logical reason why? I know they did Italy a while ago, but why not tour EVERYWHERE on a regular basis with the places they know will have a big enough turn out getting a TV spot or possibly a PPV. I want WWE to be truly a global phenomenon.

Being from Ireland myself I could understand your point, but having a network show with only 3000 something people in the background makes them look very low-key.

Probably because the house shows sell out so well. There's no need for them to have Raw or Smackdown there. Just like there's no real reason for them to have a PPV in England.

Does Dublin have an arena that compares in size and how many fans it can hold to the 02 arena in London?

I'm going to Raw tomorrow night at the 02 :)

If the WWE put on the calibre show it usually does in the UK, in Ireland, i'd be all for them broadcasting from Dublin.

Personally I'm looking forward to a cracking episode of Raw, English fans are notoriously short tempered if there's no in ring stuff, and WWE rolls with that. Orton v Regal, HBK v Cena, both really good matches that I don't think would have gotten as much time on a stateside broadcast

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back