• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Mount Rushmore?

PedigreeTHE619Chokeslam

Pre-Show Stalwart
First thread I've made in awhile. Read forums all the time though.
Thought about this last night.
Who would be on your WWE Mt. Rushmore?
I haven't been into wrestling to long, so I'm gonna give my opinion based on my knowledge so far.

First for me would be: THE ROCK. Pretty self explanatory I think. Probably the greatest superstar of all time, if not very high up there.

Second would be: STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN. See above. Pretty much because of the reason I stated for The Rock.

Third would be: JOHN CENA. Now I'm not the biggest Cena fan, but I know along with everyone else (mostly) that he is a great superstar and performer. I know some won't like to admit it, but he is the king of the PG ERA, just like The Rock, and Stone Cold Steve Austin were kings of the attitude era.

Now fourth for me would be: HULK HOGAN. Not to big a fan of his, just like Cena, but there's no denying his superstar status. He made wrestling cool, and made everyone want to watch. He's probably the greatest of all time, if not very high up there.

There's my four. Who would be in your WWE Mount Rushmore?

Basically the Major Faces of the WWE from its inception until now, thus mine would be:

Bruno Sammartino: The longest reigning Champion of the WWE in its history since the company began. Sold out MSG on numerous occasions during his career.

Hulk Hogan: Backlund may have come between him and Bruno, but from all I have observed, Hogan was the guy who took the company into the Entertainment side of things. One of the most charismatic Superstars ever who paved the way for those who have become the Main faces after him.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: The WWE's most successful era,the Attitude era, is also alternatively known as the Austin era. Enough said.

the Rock: His name is more well known than any other WWE Superstar ever,lMO. Very charismatic performer who always garners a huge reaction from the "millions and millions"

John Cena: Some might disagree. However, has been at the very top of WWE for almost a decade now. Has been polarising for sometime, but he Always garners reactions from the crowd without fail and oozes charisma. His external stuff for the WWE also comes into consideration, and he has been very very marketable, reportedly worth upto $100 million per year.

Here's mine

Vince Mchmahon If it wasn't for Vince, we wouldn't be talking about this right now. He's the man who created it all and his name goes hand and hand with the WWE brand.

Hogan- Put wrestling on the map and made in mainstream.

Austin- Took the business to heights it's never seen before and never will. Easily the most popular superstar of all time.

The Rock- Defiantly number the second biggest star ever inside the business as a performer but his acting career put him on another level. Every person in America knows who The Rock is.

assuming we can only have four people, and we are talking active competitors and not promoters, my four would be:

BRUNO SAMMARTINO
HULK HOGAN
STEVE AUSTIN
JOHN CENA

These four guys owned the years they were the number one guy, they never played second fiddle to anybody, unlike The Rock, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels. Ric Flair misses out on mine by the barest of margins, onl6 because Hogan was much more the man during their primes. In -ring obviously Flair had all of therm covered, but my four listed guys are the Big 4 in the History of WWE

First and foremost would be HULK HOGAN. Hogan is the biggest mainstream wrestler in history. His name is synonymous with not just WWE, but wrestling in general. So no Mt. Rushmore would be realistic without Hogan on it.

Secondly would be STEVE AUSTIN. He revolutionized wrestling and was the main reason why popularity soared in the late 90s. He is perhaps the most popular of all time and defined the Attitude Era.

Third would be a the man that made everything possible, VINCE MCMAHON. Without Vince, we have no WWE, and perhaps no wrestling at all, at least in the way we know it today. Vince is the creator of it all, so he would no doubt be on it.

The fourth one is a tough one. There are several people who are deserving for different reasons. Bruno Sammartino, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, John Cena, among others could go on it. My first thought was Ric Flair, but since most of his career was not in WWE, he wouldn't make the cut. A wrestling Mt. Rushmore yes, but a WWE centered one no. But after considering everything, I think there is really on one guy that can fill the final slot. So my final pick is....

ANDRE THE GIANT. Andre was the biggest attraction wrestling has ever seen. Entire shows were built around seeing him. In WWE terms, he is their icon. The very first Hall of Fame inductee, and the measuring stick for every single other big man to ever enter the ring.

Putting Cena on your Mt. Rushmore is like putting Katy Perry on an American music Mt. Rushmore. She is popular and sells albums.... but she is horrible and nobody respects her.

Shawn Michaels did everything wrong for the first half of his career, he was an asshole, a drug addict, burned a lot of guys... but despite that, his ability and in-ring work was so great, he is on the Mt. Rushmore. Count the Match of the Years !!

He is the Eagles, Aerosmith, Springsteen, Pearl Jam, and Doors of wrestling.

Vince
Bruno
Hogan
Austin
HBK

Since this is just WWE it makes this ALOT easier. But here we go,

Hogan- changed wrestling forever TWICE, the biggest name in the sports history honestly.

Austin- Same as above for the most part, help changed everything.

Bruno- Yeah he's a beast, one of the best ever.

HBK- Overall the best in ring talent in WWE history and if not the best overall talent, top four easy.

Either there is alot of haters or idiots on here. To leave The Rock off the Mt Rushmore of the WWE is INSANE. The Rock has main evented the two highest grossing WM's in history, has the highest rated segment in the history of Raw, the wwe's second show Smackdown is named after one of his catch phrases, only wrestler to EVER make it big in hollywood, Probably the most known pro wrestler on the PLANET right now...

Hogan
Rock
Vince
Andre

Im sorry but SCSA just wasnt around long enough and outside of his run between 1997-1999 he hasnt really had a significant impact on the wwe. Austin was great but the only people that really know this is people that watched the attitude era. Hogan was huge for YEARS, Rock is STILL making an impact on the wwe, and Andre is still a household name.

Somebody actually put Cena and HBK on there an not The Rock LMFAO

well since Vince created it all he's the forefather of modern sports entertainment from there perspective so he has to be the number 1 face. Hogan is a no brainer as is Cena they are the 2 longest reigning and most recognizable faces of the company since the 80's.

The Rock is the biggest cross platform (WWE and Movies) they've ever had.

and IMO the 4th spot should goto Undertaker he's the soul of the WWE the one guy that has stuck around through thick and thin and part of the longest running guarenteed drawcard to WrestleMania

Somebody actually put Cena and HBK on there an not The Rock LMFAO

Cena has been apart of all those, and while we are at it, Cena's been apart of the Main event or one of the main events, in all of those events not to mention he has also main evented in 7 of the 8 biggest attended wrestlemania's of all time. Also has been on top for ten years. Not to mention Cena is UNQUESTIONABLY the biggest star of his era. While the Rock in his prime wasn't. It was Austin. Whether you want to admit that or not.

Not to discount what Rock has done, but let's be completely honest. The Rock was second fiddle to Austin, and only when Austin was out with his neck injury was Rock even considered the top guy. Saying Rock's participation in the two highest grossing Wrestlemanias was the key factor in him being included in a Mt. Rushmore of WWE discredits Cena and the Wrestlemania name. Rock never did enough in my opinion to warrant being considered one of the top guys over Austin, Hogan, and even Cena. To use his movie appeal is pointless, as that did not involve WWE for the most part. Austin changed how wrestling was viewed, and catapulted the WWE to popularity not even seen during Hogan's run. Rock also turned his back on WWE for years and tried his best to erase it from his past. That doesn't warrant being considered among the most elite in WWE. I would put HBK, Taker, Bret, Flair, HHH, and even Foley above Rock.

Cena has been apart of all those, and while we are at it, Cena's been apart of the Main event or one of the main events, in all of those events not to mention he has also main evented in 7 of the 8 biggest attended wrestlemania's of all time. Also has been on top for ten years. Not to mention Cena is UNQUESTIONABLY the biggest star of his era. While the Rock in his prime wasn't. It was Austin. Whether you want to admit that or not.

Cena has NEVER even come close to being as popular as The Rock, Cena is a NOBODY compared to Rock and SCSA. Do you think Vince would rather have Cena or Rock as the top guy of his company?

This isnt even a debate whether you want to admit it or not, The Rock has had the bigger impact on the WWE and pro wrestling in general than John Cena. There is absolutely no logical reason for placing Cena above The Rock on any all time great list or fantasy wrestling Mt Rushmore. Im not a Cena hater, I kinda like the guy, he is a good role model for kids and can put on very good matches. Cena is comparable to guys like HBK and Bret Hart. The Rock, SCSA, Hogan, and Andre are on a completely different level than John Cena and that shouldn't even be debatable.

So John Cena should get this honor because he is on top of a company with NO competition that is viewed by the majority of Americans as nerdy and uncool?

But The Rock, arguably the most popular wrestler of all time, the only athlete to host SNL twice, the guy thats catchphrase was put in the dictionary and made the name of a wwe show, 2013 highest paid actor, arguably the biggest current draw in pro wrestling should be left off???

Yea ok guy

Yea put Cena on there...so that 90% of Americans can look up there and say who the F**K is that guy next to Hogan?

Yea just call up The Rock and say " Hey Rock were going to put Cena up there instead of you...we know that you are a WAY bigger name/draw, we know that you have had more classic feuds, promos, and matches than Cena, we know that you are a household name and Cena isnt...but hey he's been on top of our stagnant company with no competition, getting boo'ed out of buildings, and causing people to lose interest in our product for 10 years now so he was the obvious choice."

#1 vince #2 hogan #3 Bruno #4 flair(how many guys won Nwa, wcw and wwf(e) titles)

Wasn't Flair more known for WCW and NWA more so than WWE/WWF?

Since joking isn't allowed in this section id go with

Vince McMahon - without him none of them would have become big names

Hogan - His popularity in the 80's gave wrestling global notoriety

Austin - Same as Hogan one fast forward some decades

Last one is tough but im going to go with a modern guy because in all honestly someone who was popular years ago in the territory days may not seem as significant as other more recent guys.

Last would go to Mr Wrestlemania HBK - He started the trend of smaller guys who were entertaining and able to get over so later guys like Punk,Jericho,Bryan and other non-heavyweight muscle heads could be taken seriously.

Gosh that's hard, guess my Top 4 would be

1. Hulk Hogan - Arguably the biggest name in pro wrestling history. Not the greatest wrestler, but if you ask just about anybody they know who Hulk Hogan is and that he's a wrestler.

2,Stonecold Steve Austin - Arguably his name is up there with Hulk Hogan's in popularity. He carried the WWF out of probable bankruptcy, and is the highest merchandise seller in WWE history.

3.Ric Flair - 16 World Titles, when World Title reigns meant something, the biggest name right next to Hulk Hogan's during Hogan's popularity peak. He's called The Greatest of all time by many fans, and was just great overall, in character, charisma, and was able to put on a hell of a match and had many classics in his career.

4. Bret Hart-

" I agree with his catch phrase. For me he was the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. He was one of the greatest technical wrestlers ever and in my eyes, his wrestling ability is unparalleled. He had a true passion for wrestling and he would always put the wrestlers he was working with over. He could make any wrestler he stepped in the ring with look like a terrific athlete. "

Shame his career was cut short by Goldberg

Cena has NEVER even come close to being as popular as The Rock, Cena is a NOBODY compared to Rock and SCSA. Do you think Vince would rather have Cena or Rock as the top guy of his company?

This isnt even a debate whether you want to admit it or not, The Rock has had the bigger impact on the WWE and pro wrestling in general than John Cena. There is absolutely no logical reason for placing Cena above The Rock on any all time great list or fantasy wrestling Mt Rushmore. Im not a Cena hater, I kinda like the guy, he is a good role model for kids and can put on very good matches. Cena is comparable to guys like HBK and Bret Hart. The Rock, SCSA, Hogan, and Andre are on a completely different level than John Cena and that shouldn't even be debatable.

So John Cena should get this honor because he is on top of a company with NO competition that is viewed by the majority of Americans as nerdy and uncool?

But The Rock, arguably the most popular wrestler of all time, the only athlete to host SNL twice, the guy thats catchphrase was put in the dictionary and made the name of a wwe show, 2013 highest paid actor, arguably the biggest current draw in pro wrestling should be left off???

Yea ok guy

Yea put Cena on there...so that 90% of Americans can look up there and say who the F**K is that guy next to Hogan?

Yea just call up The Rock and say " Hey Rock were going to put Cena up there instead of you...we know that you are a WAY bigger name/draw, we know that you have had more classic feuds, promos, and matches than Cena, we know that you are a household name and Cena isnt...but hey he's been on top of our stagnant company with no competition, getting boo'ed out of buildings, and causing people to lose interest in our product for 10 years now so he was the obvious choice."

Actually, Cena was by far the most interesting guy on the roster for most of those ten years. Just because fans boo'd him doesn't mean he's the reason for disinterest. Actually someone being boo'd show's interest. The show's been far less violent, far less compelling, and has more competition now than ever. The only difference is that people that used to watch wrestling imo (and many others) have turned to a legit sport in MMA, and my argument was that you were using WM numbers to define why someone should be up there. Then how can you ignore the guy with the best overall wrestlemania numbers of all time in John Cena?

Wasn't Flair more known for WCW and NWA more so than WWE/WWF?

Since joking isn't allowed in this section id go with

Vince McMahon - without him none of them would have become big names

Hogan - His popularity in the 80's gave wrestling global notoriety

Austin - Same as Hogan one fast forward some decades

Last one is tough but im going to go with a modern guy because in all honestly someone who was popular years ago in the territory days may not seem as significant as other more recent guys.

Last would go to Mr Wrestlemania HBK - He started the trend of smaller guys who were entertaining and able to get over so later guys like Punk,Jericho,Bryan and other non-heavyweight muscle heads.

Yes flair was known better in Crocket promotions but that still doesn't discredit has fame and popularity..

No one is disputing that Vince's risks and strategies are the reasons of success for most on a WWE mount rushmore, but putting him on there is like putting david stern on the nba rushmore - his impact is understood therefore no need to put him on there. McMahon is the one building the mount rushmore.

as for my four: I segment the wwe into 4 time periods of significance:

Pre 80's - laid the foundation for what vince expanded on in the 80's and today.

80's - mid 90's - took a niche thing and made it mainstream, despite that infamous 20/20 episode.

Attitude era - the bridge from the 80's to today, making wrestling edgy and younger to be of interest to the post baby boomers

Today - the social media/internet age, where the kids of today (and paying fans of tomorrow) don't know of life without an internet. like it or not, social media follows, cross promoting/connections with the large social media platforms are not only vital, it is what will carry wrestling to tomorrow

in my opinion, what differentiates wwe from everyone else is that the mcmahons have always realized of the importance of not just being in the wrestling box, but having it's stars be true entertainment stars, going beyond the boundaries of wins/losses in the ring.

Pre 80's - Sammartino: the record, the longevity

80's - mid 90's - Hogan: wasn't the first to crossover into the mainstream, but perhaps the most popular. arguably the most recognizable name (you say his name, non wrestling fans at least know he is a wrestler) in wrestling, ever. helped set the stage for the ideal look of today's wrestler with his size and muscularity.

attitude era - Austin: as a face and heel, his persona defined the name of a whole era "attitude". Side note - Austin is the poster boy for the importance of writers/creative genius - taking a wrestler who previously had accomplished very little and letting creating a character in Stone Cold that let him be himself and highlight his positive attributes

Today - Cena: Haters can say what they will but this is about more than a reaction in an arena in some city. no one else in today's wwe (Austin, Hogan aren't wrestling foundations for today) does more with wwe outside of the ring than cena. it's not just about movies. the make a wish support, appearances on the talk show circuit, the facebook follows, like it or not those things are important in today and more importantly tomorrow's world. and he isn't some jabroni in the ring either, he's done plenty there as well.

Actually, Cena was by far the most interesting guy on the roster for most of those ten years. Just because fans boo'd him doesn't mean he's the reason for disinterest. Actually someone being boo'd show's interest. The show's been far less violent, far less compelling, and has more competition now than ever. The only difference is that people that used to watch wrestling imo (and many others) have turned to a legit sport in MMA, and my argument was that you were using WM numbers to define why someone should be up there. Then how can you ignore the guy with the best overall wrestlemania numbers of all time in John Cena?
Dude this isnt even an argument....The top 4 names in wwe history should be on the Mt Rushmore of WWE and Cena is not in that top four. Its really as simple as that. If this were real it would be the biggest honor a wrestler could possibly receive....do you honestly think Cena has done enough to get such an Honor? Seriously, outside of being the top guy for a decade and make a wish, WHAT HAS CENA DONE? What is his legendary moment? What is his legendary match? has he ever had a classic promo?

John Cena has had one of the WORST runs as the face of the company EVER. Its been 10 years of the same promo OVER AND OVER, 10 years of lackluster Wrestlemania main events that nobody will ever go back and watch again or remember. Cena has probably main evented close to 100 ppv's and how many of those matches stand out? Maybe three or four...Just being on top doesnt make you worthy of the highest honor, its about what you do while your on top and Cena hasnt done much of anything. SCSA and The Rock did more in two years than Cena has in 10.

Not this again. I don't think you can have a WWE Mt Rushmoore purely becuase if you are limiting it to 4, you have to leave somebody big out of it.

Let's take for example: Vince, Hogan, Austin, Cena - just four names who would be in the discussion. There is no way you leave someone as influential as The Rock off that list, or The Undertaker who has (arguably) the most impressive record in WWE with The Streak. Can't leave a guy like Bret Hart there either, or HBK with all he did.

That's why I think you couldn't have a Mt Rushmore, but when and IF, they ever make a physical WWE Hall Of Fame, you could have a 'Hall Of Presidents' type scenario where you have an exhibit of maybe the Top 25 most influential people. To limit it to just four is too hard a task

Not to discount what Rock has done, but let's be completely honest. The Rock was second fiddle to Austin, and only when Austin was out with his neck injury was Rock even considered the top guy.

That's not being honest, that's being ignorant.

The Rock was clearly more popular than Austin in late 99.

This whole "Rock only became #1 coz austin left" argument is extremely flawed and pathetic.

The plan for WM2000 was to have Austin turn heel and lose to The Rock.

SCSA pu$$ied out and did a surgery that he could've done any time before.

Watch this promo. The Rock mentioned Austin and Steve Austin's name is boo'd (Nov.1 99)

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=_dvb6TGm-cQ[/YOUTUBE]

Look at the number of Rock signs (Nov.8 99):

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=DYXrkK5iHNc[/YOUTUBE]

Look at the pop and how many Rock signs there is in a advertised match of Rock vs Austin vs HHH:

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=bFjibRFbg-A[/YOUTUBE]

Rock never did enough in my opinion to warrant being considered one of the top guys over Austin, Hogan, and even Cena.

LOL. No comment.

Austin changed how wrestling was viewed, and catapulted the WWE to popularity not even seen during Hogan's run.

No he didn't. WWF changed the entire product to a more edgy product. The Outsiders were "attitude" before Austin was.

Scott Hall was an anti-hero babyface in WWF before Austin was.

Austin is overrated. He gets credit for things he didn't do.

ECW changed pro wrestling as well. It made more edgy, more hardcore.

Waaaaay before anything Austin did.

Also, Austin did revolutionize wrestling but Rock took it to unprecedented heights. FACT!!

2000 : Most succesful financial year in WWF/E history in terms of ratings, ppv buyrates... led by The Rock who was one of the biggest pop culture icons that year.

Rock also turned his back on WWE for years and tried his best to erase it from his past.

That's BS!

You're making stuff up.

Rocky only said he wanted to be known as "Dwayne" after he ended his career in wrestling which isn't exactly a wrong thing.

Wanting to be known by your real name isn't a crime.

He didn't turn his back on WWE. He was supposed to return for WM21.

He proposed many ideas to Vince for that WrestleMania including him facing Sting, facing Flair...

But WWE wanted him to work with JBL at that Wrestlemania.

At the end, it was WWE that decided not to renew Rock to a part time contract in 2004 which is why Rock never came back.

The Rock is arguably the greatest wrestler of all time. He should be no doubt on WWE Mt Rushmore.

BRUNO SAMMARTINO
HULK HOGAN
STEVE AUSTIN
JOHN CENA

Agreed. Hogan and Austin did it with their entertainment value and ability to excite the crowd with show business personalities and programs that caught on in a big way with the public.....and not just the wrestling public. Their crossover appeal made them legendary.

A similarity between Bruno and Cena is that each man's ring persona was his own....and both went by their real names (unlike Terry Bollea and Steve Williams), building their own Mt. Rushmore images with work in the ring over a long period of time. Meanwhile, they were also mastering sports entertainment (although no one would associate that term with Bruno since it didn't yet exist). The body of work Bruno and Cena built over the years is the reason for their inclusion.

It's significant that each man represents a different era in pro wrestling, with Bruno (60's & 70's), Hogan (80's), Austin (90's) and Cena (00's & 10's). Each was the top man in his era.....and in my book, the #1 guy gets to be on Mt. Rushmore.

Well, since the actual Mount Rushmore is made up of men who're thought of as, arguably, the greatest and/or more beloved U.S. Presidents, I figured I'd go a similar route rather than simply going by my personal favorites.

Bruno Sammartino - Realistically, I don't see how anyone could really argue against Sammartino. As much as I hate to use this, "the face" of the company for the better part of 15 years was Sammartino. The longest reigning WWE Champion in history, his first run is the longest undisputed World Championship reign in pro wrestling history and was the first real "superhero" in WWE. Sammartino's physical strength is also a lot more than wrestling hype. From 1959 to late March 1967, Bruno Sammartino held the world bench press record with a raw bench press of 565 pounds. When you consider that Sammartino is someone who is religiously anti-drug, especially steroids, it really is pretty mind boggling.

Hulk Hogan - Like Sammartino, I was never a huge fan of Hogan inside the ring but his appeal is undeniable. Hogan is the biggest star in the history of pro wrestling, it's a fact that can't be disputed. Hogan's character in the 80s very much reflected the era of the country as a whole. The 80s was a time of huge optimism for a lot of people and Hogan was like a classic comic book character brought to life; one who kinda sorta endorsed Christian values, American patriotism, was a huge role model to children, always did the "right thing" when the "right thing" wasn't viewed as so ambiguous, etc. To this day, when a lot of people hear the term pro wrestler, Hulk Hogan is a name that immediately springs to mind, even among people who've never watched pro wrestling once. If that doesn't earn you a spot on WWE's "Mount Rushmore", then nothing does.

Stone Cold Steve Austin - Just as Hogan was someone who came along with the right character at the right period of time, Stone Cold Steve Austin did the same thing. By the late 90s, the landscape of society & television as a whole was almost a total opposite from Hogan's day. Everything was rougher, harsher, more violent and far more graphic as a whole. Austin was the first real anti-hero in WWE; he wasn't a "good guy", he wasn't a "nice guy", he wasn't somebody that was necessarily a good role model to kids. He was, essentially, the personification of the ultimate, shitkicking, right wing, shoot first & ask questions later redneck. The fact that he was also frequently shown kicking the crap out of his boss on live television didn't hurt either. I think it's a fantasy that damn near everyone's had at some point and Austin was doing it.

The Rock - I'm not as big of a fan of The Rock as I once was but, as with these others, his popularity is beyond denial. The Rock is the ultimate example of crossover success in not only WWE but pro wrestling itself. He left WWE for Hollywood and while his movie career did start to flounder in the mid to late 2000s, it's gotten very much back on track in the past 3 years or so. Generally speaking, aside from Robert Downey, Jr. in the Avengers & Iron Man franchises, The Rock's probably the biggest action star going. The guy's kind of a household name on a level that goes beyond pro wrestling. He's part of two successful franchises in G.I. Joe and Fast & Furious, he's THE star of a $100 million budget Hercules movie that comes out this summer, it's rumored that he's going to play the Green Lantern, etc. When it comes to the Attitude Era, The Rock & Austin are the two names most frequently mentioned and remembered.

Were there better guys in the ring than these four? Most definitely. But it's beyond difficult to think of someone who's made more of an impact in the past 50 years as a whole.

No way can you leave the rock..The dude is the biggest name right now that WWE is associated with!His movie career is going strong guns..Hell he earned more than TOM FUCKING CRUISE Last year..almost the same as guys like hugh jackman,channing tatum! Forbes listed him the top grossing actor of 2013! He is everywhere right now..literally...and deep down....many of you know that he has surpassed everybody;including hogan;as the most popular star ever associated with wrestling..:worship:

The MT Rushmore of Wrestling!

Bruno Sammartino: Cant Argue with him being the first inductee on Mt Rushmore. If he is not on your list,then clearly you dont know shit about wrestling. The face of the Company,the first real superstar WWE/WWWF/WWF had back then. The longest reigning champion in history. He single handily carried the company for damn there twenty years.

Hulk Hogan. What Hogan did,was not only put wrestling on the map,he was the first real rock n roll legend. He saved wrestling,made it popular,and was the real kids and adults heroes back then. Won the title from the Iron Shiek,and was the No1 guy throught the 80's and early 90's. A twelve time champion,made the greatest heel turn in history. Wherever you think of the NWO,some have them as the greatest stable in history. His feuds with Macho Man,are legendary.

SCSA. A complete bad-ass in every since of the word. Came along in the mid-90's was a completely different character. Kicked ass,shot first then asked questions. Not a role model to kids,but a role model to us adults. Who hasn't worked and wanted to beat up his/her boss. I know i have. Drank beer on National TV,his epic feuds with the Boss,i mean thsi is stuff that will live in wrestling allure forever.. Unfortunately had his career cut short.

John Cena. This was the hardest one to put. I gave it to him,because he stuck around and the rock didnt. Cena arrived in the early part of 00's. While he came in as a marky mark rip-off a rapper,was somewhat of a different character back then.. No one knew exactly how good he was going to turn out to be.. Cena now is and will be one of the best ever to compete in the business. A 14 time champion,he is what a superstar is supposed to be. Every kids heroes,gets boo'd and cheered but is the ambassador,heart n soul of the WWE. Cena is a household name and generates a lot of revenue for the WWE. Top merch seller,grants wishes for kids,is on every media tour they offer. He has done more for the business than any of his predecessors IMO!

:worship:

John Cena. This was the hardest one to put. I gave it to him,because he stuck around and the rock didnt. Cena arrived in the early part of 00's. While he came in as a marky mark rip-off a rapper,was somewhat of a different character back then.. No one knew exactly how good he was going to turn out to be.. Cena now is and will be one of the best ever to compete in the business. A 14 time champion,he is what a superstar is supposed to be. Every kids heroes,gets boo'd and cheered but is the ambassador,heart n soul of the WWE. Cena is a household name and generates a lot of revenue for the WWE. Top merch seller,grants wishes for kids,is on every media tour they offer. He has done more for the business than any of his predecessors IMO!

I hope you're joking about the "he has done more for the business than any of his predecessors".

Austin in 98 brought 500 millions to WWF which is 5x more than Cena did last year.

Also, Rock did in two years more than Cena will ever do in 2 decades.

It's not about how much you stay, it's about how much you can produce in your stay.

Vince McMahon, when asked in an interview before RAW 1000, about the biggest stars of RAW, he mentioned the names of Austin, Rock, Hart, Hunter, Shawn.

Didn't mention Mr Johnny Cena, the "face" of RAW and WWE for the last 10 years lol.

Just like Vince said at post-MITB 11 RAW "Just like I made one John Cena, I'll make 1000x john cena".

The Rock was a once a generation talent.

Rock is superior than Cena in pretty much everything.

Cena is a good looking bodybuilder who is sociable. Other than that, he's nothing.

He makes a good ambassador for WWE. Good for him. That's his role.

Bottom line: Cena on the Mt Rushmore of WWE and not Rock is pure BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back